Sweet By Design

Melissa, TX View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Sweet By Design offers custom cakes and baked goods to clients in the Melissa, Texas area. Specializing in weddings, owner Melisa is the founder, baker, and designer for the business, putting her passion into every piece she creates. Her home bakery is a cottage bakery that operates under, and meets all the requirements for Texas Cottage food laws. Melisa’s ultimate goal is to design a custom centerpiece dessert that truly reflects the love and memories shared during such a special day.

While she specializes in cakes, Melisa can also bake cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, and customize a groom’s cake. Her services extend to include consultations, custom design, private tastings, delivery, and set up. Sweet By Design’s most popular wedding cake flavors include:

• White chocolate wedding
  • Chocolate fudge
  • Chocolate almond
  • Chocolate stout

$6

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$7

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.75

What services do your prices include?

Custom Cake Design

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Not Required

• Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 11/20/2021

Awesome service and delicious cake

The cake was absolutely delicious and Melissa was super easy to work with. We were planning a wedding from Arizona and getting married in Texas which was difficult but Melissa was great, and gave us recommendations that we ended up going with. Our family loved the cake and all her flavors.

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you, Kimberly, for the sweet words! You and Tyler were wonderful to work with, and I wish you both all the best!
  • Amber
    Amber B. Married on 11/14/2021

Melissa is wonderful

Melissa was such a pleasure to work with! She made my vision of my dream cakes come to LIFE!! She is so sweet, professional and an amazing baker! She gives great suggestions and advise. She helped with the pairs of our flavors. Everyone loved the cakes and they went soo fast! I only got the little piece when we did the cake feeding. 🤣 I am so happy with the results and I would definitely boom her again. If you want someone that is dedicate, puts hard work and love into your cakes, Melissa is your girl! Thank you again so much for making my day so special. 💗

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Amber! I am so happy that your guests enjoyed the cakes and that they were as you envisioned! I wish you all the best!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 09/05/2021

Incredible experience and AMAZING cake!

The Sweet by Design cake was one of our very favorite parts of the wedding planning and the wedding! From inquiry to receiving tasting boxes to the day of, Melisa was a dream vendor to work with as she went out of her way to deliver the tasting boxes to us, took the time to plan out our vision and created the most beautiful cake for us. She was so easy to communicate with and made planning easy, including her sending tips on the tasting combinations and the cake table set up.

All of the cakes and icings we tasted were incredible. It was nearly impossible to narrow it down to our final choice (champagne with almond buttercream). Every flavor was perfectly moist and flavorful. At the wedding, our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious and we received so many compliments, especially for the unique, flavorful taste.

I am so happy we chose to work with Melisa and I would absolutely recommend Sweet by Design to my friends and family!

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Holly! I am so glad that you and your guests enjoyed the cake. You and Brett were a pleasure to work with, and I would be happy to help you two in the future! Congrats!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Melisa
Melisa
Owner

I was one of those moms that just HAD to make her daughter's first birthday cake - no grocery store was going to get my pre-Pinterest vision right! So I took a couple cake decorating classes at a local hobby store, and I would bring my homework into the office where I gained a small clientele. I decided that I wanted to persue baking, enrolled in pastry school, left the corporate world, and Sweet By Design was born. That was over 10 years ago, and the mixer has been running ever since! I truely feel that a great cake has to both look and taste great. Without both of those components, it becomes forgettable. My goal is to provide my clients with a dessert centerpiece for their event that the guests rave about long after the big day is over.

Melissa, TX, 75454

By appointment only
Location of (Sweet By Design)

Other vendors in Dallas for your wedding