6 Reviews for Sweet By Design

Private Tastings (3)
Cake Pops (1)
Groom's Cake (1)
6 Sweet By Design Reviews

Melisa does incredible work. When my blushing bride decided to surprise me with a groom's cake at our reception that was specific to my passion, which is writing, I was blown away by what Melisa came up with. She made an incredibly delicious hazelnut chocolate cake that looked like two huge volumes of my favorite two books, "Old Man and the Sea," and "The Lord of The Rings." They were both so perfect, many of our guests actually thought they WERE BOOKS and a few even tried open them, only to find the their fingers covered in the tasty goodness of the icing she used to create the whole illusion. They really were a huge hit at the reception. Melisa also created a little area of faux ink and parchment to the side to complete the effect. It was true bakery art, and something I hated to cut into...until I tasted how good the cake was, then I was kind of okay with it. Yum! Thanks, Melisa, for making our happy day all the more perfect.

Photo for Sweet By Design Review - Tasty Books...Thanks to Ryan O'Dowd Photography
Photo for Sweet By Design Review - Quill and Inkwell to complete to effect.
Photo for Sweet By Design Review - Cake/Book Spines
Photo for Sweet By Design Review - Secret goodness lies within.
Profile Picture Larry, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

Sweet by Design was wonderful! Cake was decorated exactly like I wanted and everyone was raving about how delicious it was!

Profile Picture Christina , 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Sweet by design did an Amazing job on my wedding cake and cake pops! She was very professional and helped make my wedding just as I imagined it!

Profile Picture Jordan, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Pops, Cakes

Melisa hit the wedding cake design out of the park! We gave her a vague description of what we wanted (semi-naked and some colors to work with) and she put it all together beautifully! Not only was our cake delicious, but it was almost too pretty to eat! Since my then fiancé and I like different cake flavors but only wanted one cake, she was able to alternate cake flavors in each layer. She even found a way to save us some money on our cake, which is not something a lot of wedding vendors will do. We'll definitely come back to Melisa for our anniversary cakes :)

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We had five cakes with five different flavors. Each one was amazing! Melissa is so helpful and made this experience fun!

Profile Picture Jeanie, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews