Sweet By Design Reviews

Sweet By Design 7
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 12/31/2018

Best. Cake. EVER!

Melissa was absolutely amazing to work with. I did not eat cake until my cake tasting with her and after, I literally couldn't eat any other cake. Every single sample was delicious; she was even kind enough to share samples with my parents and aunt who came along with us. She worked with us throughout the whole process, answering questions and being willing to make changes along the way. When I saw our bride and groom's cake on our wedding day, I was in awe; it was absolutely beautiful! Besides how gorgeous they were, they tastes heavenly and I had people asking me all night who made these cakes. I can't wait to find another reason to use Melissa again!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you, Yasmin, for the kind words. Everything looked beautiful at The Springs on your wedding day! You and Theo were wonderful to work with!
  • Katherine

Katherine Pacas · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful and tasty cake!

I hired sweet by design cake for our wedding cake and honestly I was BLOWN AWAY. First of all sweet by design cake is extremely affordable for the quality she provides. I showed Melisa a picture for inspiration but she honestly did way better than the picture! Not only was the cake BEYOND BEAUTIFUL, it was delicious! I'm not a huge sweets person so I thought that cake tasting was not going to be a fun experience for me but Melisas' cakes are so good! She hand makes everything and her icing are to die for especially her cherry one!!! I highly recommend booking her!

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you, Katherine. I am so glad you loved the cake - you were a pleasure to work with! I wish you both all the best!

Allie · Married on 11/17/2018

Best cakes in north texas.

Sweet By Design = Amazing.

I have a culinary and pastry background and am very picky about my food and sweets but Melissa was able to knock my socks off. Not only were her cakes beautiful and exactly what I wanted, they tasted AMAZING. I will continue to use her services for any occasion!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Allie! I am so glad that I was able to exceed your expectations. I wish you and Zack all the best!

Tiffany Brown · Married on 11/11/2018

Loved working with Melissa!! She is so sweet and talented. We were in love with our cakes and received so many compliments.

Melissa was so awesome to work with. Jake and I loved her! She made the cakes I described come to life perfectly. And were so delicious at that! We changed our mind several times during our cake tasting because all of the flavors and fillings were that good. She was sweet and patient with us as we went back and forth.
    Her delivering the cake the day of was also very convenient. While we were getting ready for the day she came in to the venue and set everything up. She also made sure to show me pictures before leaving since I couldn’t leave the brides room in order to make sure I was pleased.
    Melissa is such a sweet lady and her cakes are phenomenal. I will recommend her to all of my friends in the future!

Sweet By Design 8
    Sweet By Design 9
    Sweet By Design 10

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Tiffany! I am so glad that you were pleased with the wedding and groom's cakes - The photos your photographer captured are fantastic! I wish you and Jake all the best!

Adrienne N Guillory · Married on 10/27/2018

Loved the taste and design

Melisa was great. Everyone that attended my wedding loved the cake and the taste of everything. I highly recommend Sweet By Design Cakes!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Sweet By Design 11

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Adrienne! You and Michael were so fun to work with, and I love that you put so much of your personalities into the wedding!

Kevin Guan · Married on 07/14/2018

Incredibly helpful and professional (and delicious!)

We had a wonderful, stress-free experience working with Melisa on our wedding cake. She was responsive and always emailed back with answers to our questions within the day. She was so professional and had a tasting ready for us on our first meeting, and was flexible when we wanted to make changes. Our wedding day got a little hectic as the ceremony drew near, but Melisa showed up on time and set the cake up herself. We honestly did not have to think about the cake at all on our wedding day, thanks to Melisa's professionalism - it was ready when we got to the reception and it was beautiful. Cannot recommend Sweet by Design enough!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Kevin! You did an amazing job planning the wedding while Knoelle was out of town. Everything was lovely for your day at River Road Chateau. I wish you both all the best!

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

SO glad we chose her!

Melisa was fantastic from the first contact on! I was pretty much planning my wedding myself, and she answered all of the questions I had and then some!! All of our guests raved about how good the cake was.. not to mention how pretty! Her prices were also very competitive! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Jessica! You and Michael were a pleasure to work with, and everything you planned looked lovely at Rustic Grace Estate.

Brandy · Married on 05/19/2018

This cake looked so beautiful and the flowers matched our colors perfectly. Not to mention it was delicious!!

Sweet By Design 12

Kristina · Married on 05/12/2018

Melisa was amazing to work with! She was thorough, attentive, quick to respond, and had an arsenal of helpful advice when we were unsure what we wanted. Both the wedding and grooms cake were perfect and exactly how we imagined :) Most importantly they were DELICIOUS! Our wedding cake had two flavors: 1) white chocolate with raspberry buttercream and 2) lemon with lavender blackberry buttercream. Our grooms cake had chocolate fudge with chocolate buttercream. They were all incredible!! I can't recommend her enough :)

Sent on 05/28/2018
    Sweet By Design 13
    Sweet By Design 14

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you, Kristina! It was wonderful working with you, and I wish you and Blake all the best!

Denisse Maloney · Married on 04/28/2018

Excelent Service & Super Delicious Cake

I had the fortune to work with Melisa for my wedding, she gave us everything we wanted and more. Both, the bride’s and groom’s, cakes looked amazing and were delicious. The wedding cookies were a total hit. She is the sweetest person too, never going anywhere else for a cake.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Denisse! I am so glad that I was able to help out with the wedding cookies just before the wedding. I wish you and Michael all the best!

Robert Manley · Married on 04/14/2018

Wedding Cake Experience

I chose Melisa because of my prior experiences with her creating the most amazing and creative birthday cakes in the past. She truly out did herself for our wedding. Not only was the cake design amazing, the flavor of the cake outstanding. We received so many compliments on the cake. But was just as important, and certainly impressive was how professional she was with every detail of the planning and delivery of the cake. She made the initial design and decision making process so easy. Once we decided on the rough design details and delivery requirements, she took everything from there, and delivered the most amazing cake, and worked with the wedding planner to meet all her delivery requirements so there would need to be any involvement on our part. Melisa designed, created, and delivered the cake of our dreams that took so little effort on our part. I highly recommend Melisa for any wedding or specialty cake order. She will read your mind, and deliver your dream. She has done that for me on three separate occasions, and it has been so much fun doing that.

Sweet By Design 15

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you, Bob. It is always a pleasure to work with you, and I am so glad I was able to be a part of your and Suzanne's wedding. I wish you both all the best!

Kate · Married on 12/31/2017

Melisa is amazing. All of our desserts were absolutely beautiful for our wedding - even exceeded expectations. People raved about the cake, cupcakes, and macarons. In fact, I had to snag some macarons for myself at one point when I noticed they were almost gone! From start to finish, she was the consummate professional - quick communication, great ideas, and meticulous attention to detail. We loved everything!

Sent on 01/06/2018
    Sweet By Design 16
    Sweet By Design 17

Sweet By Design's reply:

Kate, thank you for such a kind review. You and Ryan were a joy to work with, and I wish you all the best!

Larry · Married on 10/21/2017

Melisa does incredible work. When my blushing bride decided to surprise me with a groom's cake at our reception that was specific to my passion, which is writing, I was blown away by what Melisa came up with. She made an incredibly delicious hazelnut chocolate cake that looked like two huge volumes of my favorite two books, "Old Man and the Sea," and "The Lord of The Rings." They were both so perfect, many of our guests actually thought they WERE BOOKS and a few even tried open them, only to find the their fingers covered in the tasty goodness of the icing she used to create the whole illusion. They really were a huge hit at the reception. Melisa also created a little area of faux ink and parchment to the side to complete the effect. It was true bakery art, and something I hated to cut into...until I tasted how good the cake was, then I was kind of okay with it. Yum! Thanks, Melisa, for making our happy day all the more perfect.

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Sweet By Design 18
    Sweet By Design 19
    Sweet By Design 20
    Sweet By Design 21

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Larry for the kinds words! Everything looked amazing, and I am glad I could be a part of your day!

Christina · Married on 10/06/2017

Sweet by Design was wonderful! Cake was decorated exactly like I wanted and everyone was raving about how delicious it was!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Christina!

Jordan · Married on 06/17/2017

Sweet by design did an Amazing job on my wedding cake and cake pops! She was very professional and helped make my wedding just as I imagined it!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Jordan! It was a pleasure working with you and Collin!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Melisa hit the wedding cake design out of the park! We gave her a vague description of what we wanted (semi-naked and some colors to work with) and she put it all together beautifully! Not only was our cake delicious, but it was almost too pretty to eat! Since my then fiancé and I like different cake flavors but only wanted one cake, she was able to alternate cake flavors in each layer. She even found a way to save us some money on our cake, which is not something a lot of wedding vendors will do. We'll definitely come back to Melisa for our anniversary cakes :)

Sent on 06/04/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind review Amanda! It was a pleasure to be a part of your and Toby's day!

Jeanie · Married on 05/29/2016

We had five cakes with five different flavors. Each one was amazing! Melissa is so helpful and made this experience fun!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

I'm so glad I could be a part of your day, Jeanie!