Sweet By Design Reviews

8 | Melissa, TX

8 Reviews for Sweet By Design

8 Sweet By Design Reviews

Brandy · Married on 05/19/2018

This cake looked so beautiful and the flowers matched our colors perfectly. Not to mention it was delicious!!

Sweet By Design 1

Kristina · Married on 05/12/2018

Melisa was amazing to work with! She was thorough, attentive, quick to respond, and had an arsenal of helpful advice when we were unsure what we wanted. Both the wedding and grooms cake were perfect and exactly how we imagined :) Most importantly they were DELICIOUS! Our wedding cake had two flavors: 1) white chocolate with raspberry buttercream and 2) lemon with lavender blackberry buttercream. Our grooms cake had chocolate fudge with chocolate buttercream. They were all incredible!! I can't recommend her enough :)

Sent on 05/28/2018
    Sweet By Design 2
    Sweet By Design 3

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you, Kristina! It was wonderful working with you, and I wish you and Blake all the best!

Kate · Married on 12/31/2017

Melisa is amazing. All of our desserts were absolutely beautiful for our wedding - even exceeded expectations. People raved about the cake, cupcakes, and macarons. In fact, I had to snag some macarons for myself at one point when I noticed they were almost gone! From start to finish, she was the consummate professional - quick communication, great ideas, and meticulous attention to detail. We loved everything!

Sent on 01/06/2018
    Sweet By Design 4
    Sweet By Design 5

Sweet By Design's reply:

Kate, thank you for such a kind review. You and Ryan were a joy to work with, and I wish you all the best!

Larry · Married on 10/21/2017

Melisa does incredible work. When my blushing bride decided to surprise me with a groom's cake at our reception that was specific to my passion, which is writing, I was blown away by what Melisa came up with. She made an incredibly delicious hazelnut chocolate cake that looked like two huge volumes of my favorite two books, "Old Man and the Sea," and "The Lord of The Rings." They were both so perfect, many of our guests actually thought they WERE BOOKS and a few even tried open them, only to find the their fingers covered in the tasty goodness of the icing she used to create the whole illusion. They really were a huge hit at the reception. Melisa also created a little area of faux ink and parchment to the side to complete the effect. It was true bakery art, and something I hated to cut into...until I tasted how good the cake was, then I was kind of okay with it. Yum! Thanks, Melisa, for making our happy day all the more perfect.

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Sweet By Design 6
    Sweet By Design 7
    Sweet By Design 8
    Sweet By Design 9

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Larry for the kinds words! Everything looked amazing, and I am glad I could be a part of your day!

Christina · Married on 10/06/2017

Sweet by Design was wonderful! Cake was decorated exactly like I wanted and everyone was raving about how delicious it was!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Christina!

Jordan · Married on 06/17/2017

Sweet by design did an Amazing job on my wedding cake and cake pops! She was very professional and helped make my wedding just as I imagined it!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you Jordan! It was a pleasure working with you and Collin!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Melisa hit the wedding cake design out of the park! We gave her a vague description of what we wanted (semi-naked and some colors to work with) and she put it all together beautifully! Not only was our cake delicious, but it was almost too pretty to eat! Since my then fiancé and I like different cake flavors but only wanted one cake, she was able to alternate cake flavors in each layer. She even found a way to save us some money on our cake, which is not something a lot of wedding vendors will do. We'll definitely come back to Melisa for our anniversary cakes :)

Sent on 06/04/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind review Amanda! It was a pleasure to be a part of your and Toby's day!

Jeanie · Married on 05/29/2016

We had five cakes with five different flavors. Each one was amazing! Melissa is so helpful and made this experience fun!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Sweet By Design's reply:

I'm so glad I could be a part of your day, Jeanie!