Dallas, Dallas, TX 75206 Map · Phone number

About Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist

Based in Dallas, Texas, Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist provides wedding makeup and hair styling for clients. With a background of over 20 years in the beauty industry, Susie has traveled all over the world for her profession, working as an in-house artist for big name designers, celebrities, and photographers, in addition to fashion and commercial shoots. Her greatest delight is to be part of a bride’s big day and to see true emotion on their face when they see their natural beauty enhanced by Susie’s work.

Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist does consultations with her clients to determine the best approach for them. She can do body art and men’s grooming in addition to bridal hair and makeup. She can also accommodate groups of up to 20 individuals, bringing multiple stylists with her if necessary. Her extensive experience allows her to create beautiful updos and styling, as well as flawless hair extensions. For her makeup capabilities, she can provide contour makeup, fake lashes, and tattoo coverage.

Follow Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist on

Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist 7
  • Cameron

Cameron · Getting married on 10/06/2019

So far - great!

My wedding isn't until 10/6/19 - but I've talked with Susie a few times, and we have already done my trail run (which is included in your cost! Not a lot of wedding make up artists offer the same!) and she was VERY flexible with my schedule (and having to bring my 2 kids with me). She did a great job and we both talked about what I wanted and she did a GREAT job on my trail! Can't wait for the big day! I know she's going to make me feel like a million bucks!! :)

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Kevyn

Kevyn · Married on 04/20/2019

Hire this woman! Don't look anywhere else!

Susie is SO amazing. Seriously. If you are looking for a makeup/hair artist for your wedding or event, please do not look any further than Susie. Her attention to detail, her talent, her willingness to go above and beyond is SO appreciated. She listens to you at your trial to really understand what you like and don't like when it comes to makeup. She doesn't use Airbrush which was a huge selling point for me. I don't like a lot of makeup on. I wanted to look like me and I wanted my natural freckles to come through - something that would be covered up by Airbrush. Susie knows what she's doing. She's a professional that works on shoots when she isn't doing makeup. For my wedding she had just undergone shoulder surgery and still showed up to do my makeup (the bride), two moms, one grandma, and 7 bridesmaids. She is worth every damn penny. On top of perfecting every girl's makeup, she traveled with us to the venue, and stayed right by my side until i walked down the aisle. She was fixing my hair as i was linking arms with my dad right before the doors opened to make my entrance. When I think back to my wedding, Susie will always be someone I think of that made my day so special and worry-free.

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist 8
    Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist 9
    Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist 10
    Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist 11

Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist's reply:

Wow!!!!!! I'm so so so glad you were happy!!!! I definitely did not feel my best that day!!!!! Was not my normal perky self, but nothing was going to stop me from my Bride and her maids!!!!!!! YOU....are amazing!!!! I loved you before I ever even met you...and I cried when your friends and brother read their letters to you...I'm always so blessed to be part of someones most important day... and the intimate moments they share with those that love and adore them...you are so loved....I hope our paths cross again and you will keep in touch...put me on the baby shower list when that day comes.... I wish you all the happiness in the world... XoXo
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/29/2018

A+++++. Susie is absolutely amazing. The make-up that she did for my engagement shoot and the wedding were out of this world. I have never seen someone as talented as her. In addition, she went above and beyond the day of the wedding and helped fluff my dress before walking down the aisle and assisted the groomsmen with the boutonnieres. I am beyond blessed to have found her for my wedding. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist's reply:

Ahhhh...Thanks so much Chrissy!!!! You are a dream bride!!!... I can't wait to get pictures back and put some on here of you!!!!... Your entire group of friends were amazing and your dress was stunning!!!!... That room you got ready in was over the top girl!!!!... I adore you and I hope you will keep in touch!!!! Miss Tuesdee and I were just talking about you this weekend!!!! We both feel so blessed to have such sweet wonderful brides!!!!!

Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 175.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 175.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation, Travel Fee, Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer? Body Art, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Mult. Stylists
  • What hair services do you offer? Extensions, Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage

• Calligraphy by Angela
    Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of Susie Gray Uphues Makeup Artist to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela Neik www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

• Dallas Dallas, Texas, 75206 See on map