5359 Quince Road, Memphis, TN 38119 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 82
  • Pricing

About Storytellers

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO HIRE KEN BURNS TO TELL YOUR LOVE STORY BASED AROUND YOUR WEDDING DAY OR WEEKEND??

SPOILER ALERT: I'm not Ken...but I'm the next best choice!

Hi! I Don Lawler, a former PBS documentary filmmaker (6 films) and producer for ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS affiliate stations. I have also shot over 600 weddings and created lots of happy couples! (I'll be happy to share testimonials, reviews, and contact info to you.)

My wife made me turn down the position of Production Director for ABC NYC...(long story)...but I made the better decision and created a production company.

That lead me to produce commercials, corporate films, non-profit films...and when a friend asked to shoot her wedding...I was hooked!

I loved the entire experience and enjoyed getting to help awesome couples tell their story and share their memories...forever!

I know that this is your first time planning a wedding.

There are lots of details and decisions to make. And, you have no idea whether you should even have a wedding film. I understand! Your married friends will most likely tell you that they regret not filming their wedding. I wish that my wife, Kim, and I had a wedding film, too.

Everything is a blur right after the ceremony.

Just think how I feel after 40 years of marriage to not have documentation of our wedding day. Our parents and several friends are no longer with us. I don't want to be morbid, but that's a fact of life and your wedding is one of the most important events of your entire life when everyone special to you is present!

Shouldn't you save your wedding memories as best as you can?

I'm here to help you. Whether you hire me or someone else (and that's ok), I believe you will regret not saving your wedding memories on video.

What makes our films different?

In a word...STORY. In six words..."Wedding Stories that make a difference."

Everyone calls themselves storytellers these days. I have lots and lots of experience with news (former reporter), television, documentary films (PBS), dealing with all kinds of personalities, tight deadlines, and being sensitive to all cultural needs.

We ARE real "storytellers"- a term that has become a buzzword.

We were academically trained storytellers LONG before it became in-vogue to call oneself a "storyteller". And sorry...but a 3-minute music video which is all the rage is NOT a wedding story! If you want a music video, sneak peek movie trailer, or anything else...we can do that, too. Piece of cake! What we do for you will stand the test of time. (Ask to watch examples)

You've been thinking about your wedding your whole life.

You want it to be amazing, and you want to remember every special moment.

This is not the time to go cheap. You don't want to hire an amateur to screw up or have your uncle miss out at your wedding, because he's videoing it. And you don't want your aunt to spend months editing it either!

We know that your life is crazy-busy right now.

You're super busy with multiple-major-life events. I don't know how you do it...but you do! You don't have time to waste looking at a ton of photographers and videographers. We get it!

That's why you need STORYTELLERS – filmmakers and photographers.

We are a one-stop-shop. We'll take care of everything for you, and give you an amazing experience. I know we're talking mostly about the video, but our photography reflects the same style and care that we give to our films. I can give you BOTH film and photography for about the price of a top photographer. That can save you money and give you peace of mind working with one team.

You have a unique wedding story!

We will film all the important parts of your wedding weekend including speeches, interviews, and conversations along with all the main events and special intimate moments...and we'll do it unobtrusively. Then, we will magically weave it all together in an inspiring and emotion-packed movie after investing hours and hours of our blood, sweat, and tears. Most of our couples say that they didn't see us...or that their guests thought we were part of the wedding party. We're sneaky like that! ;-) But they ALL love their wedding story by Storytellers!

You'll be working with the best of the best in the mid-south.

You'll have a team ranked in the top 5% nationally by Wedding Wire. We've won The Couple's Choice Awards multiple years in a row. Plus, my team has major industry awards for news, commercials, and documentary films including Emmy's, Telly's, and Addy's. You can be confident when working with the Storytellers team. Our work is guaranteed to make you happy!

Don't lose your wedding memories!

Hire the professionals who really care, and who will take great care of you. To see if Storytellers is the right fit for you let's start the conversation. If we're not a fit, I'll help you find a better fit.

Call me now at 901.485.3027 or email me at don@storytellersmemphis.com. I'll answer your questions, create a proposal, and help you with the next steps.

STORYTELLERS - Filmmakers & Photographers

"Wedding Stories that make a difference"

www.storytellersmemphis.com

Videos 4 Videos

19 Reviews for Storytellers

Lesley Schreffler · Married on 07/19/2019

It was amazing

I loved every picture he took . They did a wonderful job capturing every moment of wedding. I would highly recommend them

Sent on 08/08/2019

Tierney · Married on 03/11/2017

I felt comfortable with Don right away. It's immediately obvious that he's passionate about what he does. Seeing samples of his work, it's also immediately obvious that he is very good at what he does. I love the idea of our day being presented like an actual feature film- I'm super excited to see that!

My fiancé used to work for Storytellers and has seen firsthand the level of care that goes into each project. Our wedding hasn't happened yet, but I have full confidence that Don and his team will more than do it justice!

Sent on 03/11/2016

Don was great to work with! Nothing with wedding planning was easy or smooth, and of course the day didn't go perfectly either. But the videography with Don and his team was by far the easiest part! From signing the contract to the day of, he was a consummate professional and we are very happy with our final product/video!

Sent on 03/12/2017

Storytellers Pricing

Storytellers Price Rates

Storytellers FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services?
    $ 1500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Cameras
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3600.00
    Add'l Hours
    Full Feature Video
    Multi. Locations
  • What primary style do you identify with?
    Storytelling
  • Which wedding events do you service?
    Ceremony
    Pre-Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What videography services do you offer?
    Add'l Hours
    Drone Footage
    Full Feature Video
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Raw Footage
    Save The Date
    Slideshow / Montage
  • What final video formats do you offer?
    Digital Download
    SD Card
    USB Flash Drive
    USB Hard Drive

• Amy Miller Weddings Wedding Planners

I have been working with Don Lawler at Storytellers for over a decade. His extensive experience creating wedding films really lets the couple's unique personalities shine through their wedding story. Don has a natural talent for putting brides and grooms at ease. He always shows up with a smile on his face and makes my job easy! The end result is a wedding video that is professional, entertaining, and most of all, truly reflects the bride and groom. I highly recommend Storytellers!

• GOD Squad Wedding Ministers Wedding Officiants

Don is the consummate professional. We always enjoy performing weddings with Storytellers. Long after the evening is done, and the guests have gone home, your photographs and videos are whats left for the rest of your life. Don is the kind of videographer that you can trust those moments to. Great group of guys!

• Events Extraordinaire Wedding Planners

I have only had the pleasure of working with Don on one project but it was an experience I will never forget. It was refreshing working with a professional who knew the right light and angles to get the perfect shot. He even came prepared with a script for me to read. The film came out better than I had hoped. I would love to work with Don on another project in the future and I would recommend him to the world.

• 5359 Quince Road Memphis, TN, 38119 See on map