Southern Savvy Events

Southern Savvy Events

Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Southern Savvy Events

Specializing in a boutique client experience and bespoke weddings

Located in Charlotte, NC (travel is welcome!), Southern Savvy is a trusted and seasoned wedding and event planner with over 8 years experience in the event industry.  Services offered include Wedding Planning & Design, as well as Event Management (commonly referred to as Coordination).

We look forward to learning more about you and your wedding plans!  Let's chat!

Categories: Wedding Planner

Ceremony (1)
Day-Of Coord. (1)
Destination (1)
Religious (1)

Lauren is a superstar. She went over and above her responsibilities and made sure our day went off without a hitch. She took a lot of time to walk me through documents that I didn't understand and she has an incredible attention to detail. I felt like she looked out for me every step of the way, particularly stepping in on my behalf as I was wedding planning remotely.

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lauren handled our day-of planning and went above and beyond. Our venue was a private residence so it had its fair share of logistical challenges - especially in setting up catering for 170 people. Lauren handled any issues that arose seamlessly. As the bride, I didn’t see or feel any issues that came up on wedding day- everything was handled without creating any sort of stress. Our day was perfect and we could not have pulled it off without her.

Profile Picture Leah, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I could never write enough positive things about Lauren with Southern Savvy Events. I became engaged February 2014 and was working full time and going to grad school, so I knew I needed help. She came as a recommendation through a mutual friend, so I didn't know what to expect on a professional level. Needless to say, any fears I may have had were gone the first time I met Lauren in person. She seemed to understand exactly what I was looking for and I began to trust her judgment and vision just as much as my own. She took care of every detail until I finished school in August 2015, and by then almost everything was done. I had nothing to do but sit back and wait and make minor decisions until our April 2016 wedding.

Coming from someone who is completely hands-on, type A, basically a self-proclaimed perfectionist, when it comes to details, I couldn't have done a better job even in a million years. Every detail was completely flawless. If anything happened the day-of or went wrong, I still have no idea. In addition to Lauren, her day-of assistant, Caroline, paid just as much addition to detail and was as in-the-know as if she had been in every meeting with us. From the black sequin runners (only for one table!), to the cake tablecloth (hot pink for just that table), to Rameses, the UNC mascot, showing up, it was all breathtaking.

Leading up to the wedding our friends and family (and especially my groom) couldn't believe I wasn't nervous, but the truth is, I had no reason to be. Lauren made sure every detail was completed and made it easier than I ever could have imagined. I wish there was a better way to thank you, Lauren, but I hope this recommendation will help future brides to see how valuable of an asset you are!

Profile Picture Brittney, 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Religious, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Southern Savvy Events Pricing

Non-Religious
Number of Planners
1 AWARD

2 ENDORSEMENTS
As a fellow planner in the Charlotte market, I cannot say enough kind words about Lauren Pressley of Southern Savvy Events. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and has a true passion for what she does! If I am ever personally booked, she is top on my list to pass a bride to. She is business savvy and detail oriented. Her eye for design, calm demeanor and “get it done” mentality make it apparent she is truly great at her job. Brides, if you want someone to make your wedding day perfect in every way, hire Lauren. I would honestly trust her with my own wedding.

I always know a company is great when I hear brides talk great about them AFTER their wedding is over. I constantly hear wonderful feedback from brides who choose Southern Savvy!

Events