Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair

Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair

My name is Liz Chang & I aspire to change the world one face at a time!

Based in Northern California/Bay Area, Elizabeth Chang of Skyla Arts enjoys providing quality makeup & hair artistry and customer service to her clients.  Elizabeth prefers to be called by her nickname, Liz. Liz, her husband Bo, and their cat, Skyla, are happily growing their roots in Mountain View, along with their growing collection of electronics. When Liz is not with a bridal client, she is working on-set for commercials and advertising, making her an expert in providing hair & makeup for events, as well as print & film.  Published in online wedding blogs as well as magazines such as Seventeen, ELLE China, Hero Magazine, Tantalum, La Petite, Z-Life Magazine & Entrepreneur, Liz has also been on the hair & makeup team for editorials featured in The Knot (National) and Vogue Italia Sposa. Growing up, she loved teaching others tricks of the trade and noticed the instant positive effect makeup application had on her peers. It is “the look” in her clients’ eyes that say “I love the way I look!” that brings Elizabeth satisfaction and inspires her to continue working in the beauty industry.

Having lived in 3 continents and 6 countries, Liz identifies as a citizen of Planet Earth. She is passionate about social justice, especially in education and women’s issues, and aims to use her beauty techniques to help people achieve their goals. Elizabeth believes in the importance of environmental responsibility; beauty is important, but not at the cost of our environment! Watching the Bride & Groom exchange vows, either when she is hired to do touch-ups, or watching the video highlights after-the-fact never fails to bring tears to Liz’s eyes.  There is nothing more beautiful and inspiring than watching two people embark on the next chapter of their lives.  I cannot wait to work with you!

The best way to reach me is via my contact form on my website!  When I am on-set or working with a client, I cannot answer my phone and oftentimes end up playing phone tag!  My email liz@skyla-arts.com is also great too!  I look forward to hear from you! :)

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Hair (1)
Makeup (1)
Updos/Styling (1)
Fake Lashes (1)

My wedding makeup was done by Angela at Skyla Arts. What a great experience! I was going to DIY my hair and makeup, but it was so worth it to not have to worry about it. I got so many compliments. It was relaxing, easy, and fun. Consultation was easy, she listened very closely to what I was looking for. She took feedback really well, and we tweaked and adjusted the look to exactly what I was looking for. Such amazing people, super talented! My hair and makeup lasted all day and evening, despite high humidity, blustery wind, crying during my vows, crying during the toasts, and RAIN after our reception. Seriously, I was amazed. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Diane, 4/7/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Fake Lashes

Liz did my hair and makeup for my wedding in August 2013, as well as hair for my two bridesmaids. Liz came highly recommended through my coordinator, and though were unable to meet in person until the day before my wedding as we live in Chicago and were married in Sonoma Valley, I was able to have a hair trial with her at the venue the day before the wedding. While her services are not cheap, she is quite talented, professional, very punctual, can travel to you and does a great job of taking scattered ideas and putting them together. I was extremely happy with my hair and makeup, even though I was not quite sure what I wanted at the outset. She really knows how to do makeup that does not look caked on and photographs very well. I think that takes a lot of talent and patience for a hair and makeup artist, especially one that has not gotten to meet the person they are working until a day before the wedding! She really knows how to do makeup that does not look caked on and photographs very well.

An example of Liz's professionalism was when my strangely sensitive skin had a random reaction to one of the products that had been used on me before that day (think tomato red and a little puffy all over my face!) a few hours before the wedding. Liz did a great job of letting me know, keeping everyone calm about it and helping me take the redness and swelling down. By the time pictures rolled around, the redness had subsided, and even if it had not, I am confident she could have covered it no problem.

On top of everything else, Liz is just a genuinely nice, friendly person, which makes the hours of bridal prep at a stressful time much more relaxing. I would strongly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User2687658, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

i had a trial with elizabeth and was very impressed with the quality of her work. she was a joy to meet and makes you feel very comfortable with her. she is very detailed and has a great eye for bringing out your good features :) i highly recommend her to those in the bay area!!

Profile Picture Jennie, 12/12/09, 2 Reviews

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

1389761794439 007157 r1 e012 b shedge

Gift Certificate for your friends & family - in time for

Redeem In-Store
The Holidays are coming up! Are you having trouble buying a gift for someone? Skyla Arts is now selling Gift Certificates, starting at $50 ! Redeemable in Makeup Services (makeup trial, special event, make up lessons), Photography (Engagement/Family/Maternity/Pets), Skin Care (specialized facials and peels, facial & body waxing) ! Please email liz@skyla-arts.com to find out more information!
#WW15735b05ce3f6c22

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Elizabeth is a true artist - an amazing professional. We've worked with her many times and absolutely floored by how she beautifies these brides for photographs, looking so effortlessly natural and beautiful. We highly recommend her to all of our clients!

Elizabeth knows how to make a woman look her best! I've seen amazing work from her and the clients seem to love her. Hair and makeup are so incredibly important on the wedding day and trusting it to Elizabeth is a wise choice. If you want to look better than you've ever looked before, hire Skyla Arts for your wedding day :)

We've always admired the work that Liz has done, regardless if it is her bridal or commercial work. We were excited to finally work with her this year. As expected, it was a great experience. We got to see Liz in full force action - this girl sets the bar high! She has the ability to identify and bring out each girl's uniqueness with her magical touch. She pays a lot of attention to all the details because she genuinely cares about her clients. On top of being very skilled, her soft voice and warm personality makes the experience stress-free and extra enjoyable. We would recommend Liz to any brides looking for an amazing makeup and hair artist that will make you look and feel like a princess on your most important day!

Elizabeth does fabulous work! Our bride from Los Angeles specifically requested Elizabeth, who's all the way up in the Bay Area to come down to LA to do the make up. It was totally worth it too. Elizabeth knows how to bring out the best in her brides and that is extremely important to us; as wedding photographers we know that if the brides are not happy with their makeup.... the rest of the day is all downhill. Elizabeth provided us a super happy bride to work with and we can't thank her enough! We highly recommend Elizabeth Chang!

Events