Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair

Mountain View, CA View map

Based in Northern California/Bay Area, Elizabeth Chang of Skyla Arts enjoys providing quality makeup & hair artistry and customer service to her clients. Elizabeth prefers to be called by her nickname, Liz. Liz, her husband Bo, and their cat, Skyla, are happily growing their roots in Mountain View, along with their growing collection of electronics. When Liz is not with a bridal client, she is working on-set for commercials and advertising, making her an expert in providing hair & makeup for events, as well as print & film. Published in online wedding blogs as well as magazines such as Seventeen, ELLE China, Hero Magazine, Tantalum, La Petite, Z-Life Magazine & Entrepreneur, Liz has also been on the hair & makeup team for editorials featured in The Knot (National) and Vogue Italia Sposa. Growing up, she loved teaching others tricks of the trade and noticed the instant positive effect makeup application had on her peers. It is “the look” in her clients’ eyes that say “I love the way I look!” that brings Elizabeth satisfaction and inspires her to continue working in the beauty industry.

Having lived in 3 continents and 6 countries, Liz identifies as a citizen of Planet Earth. She is passionate about social justice, especially in education and women’s issues, and aims to use her beauty techniques to help people achieve their goals. Elizabeth believes in the importance of environmental responsibility; beauty is important, but not at the cost of our environment! Watching the Bride & Groom exchange vows, either when she is hired to do touch-ups, or watching the video highlights after-the-fact never fails to bring tears to Liz’s eyes. There is nothing more beautiful and inspiring than watching two people embark on the next chapter of their lives. I cannot wait to work with you!

The best way to reach me is via my contact form on my website! When I am on-set or working with a client, I cannot answer my phone and oftentimes end up playing phone tag! My email liz@skyla-arts.com is also great too! I look forward to hear from you! :)

• Asian-owned
  • Veteran-owned

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Manicure / Pedicure
Men's Grooming
Mult. Stylists

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Extensions
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Contour Makeup
Fake Lashes

• Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 05/07/2022

Wonderful on all levels!

I'm so thankful I found Skyla Arts and booked them for my wedding! First, the customer service that Liz and her team provide is unparalleled! I spoke with many makeup artists before booking Skyla Arts and got varying degrees of responsiveness and information. But from the moment I reached out to Skyla Arts, Liz was in contact with me, set up a phone call, and answered my every question. This was extremely helpful because once I booked them, Liz was also extremely responsive in helping me coordinate the wedding day schedule for getting my wedding party's hair and makeup done on time, in addition to mine.

Second, Liz and her team are absolutely wonderful. With the stress of planning a wedding, having vendors who are calm, cool, collected, kind, and flexible is an ABSOLUTE treasure. Their demeanor leading up to the wedding and on the day of was amazing and helped me (and my wedding party) enjoy the day.

Finally, the hair and makeup! Camille did my hair and makeup, and I absolutely loved it! As someone who doesn't wear makeup often, I wanted to make sure I booked a makeup artist that would do a more natural look. I had two sessions with Camille where she listened to what I envisioned for my hair and makeup, and she executed to perfection day of! I felt absolutely beautiful and like myself, which is exactly what I wanted.

I can't recommend booking with Skyla Arts enough, you'll get get quality, care, customer service, and your dream look!
    Laura A. Married on 10/23/2021

Best wedding vendor!

I cannot recommend Liz Chang & her team enough! In fact, Liz was my most favorite wedding vendor!

Throughout the planning process, Liz really took the time to understand my vision for hair and makeup. She deeply listens and is incredibly talented in bringing one’s vision to life. It was important to me to look elegant and glamorous, but also like myself for my special day. Liz has an ability to really make one’s own natural beauty pop.

Liz coordinated all of the legwork with my bridal party, my mom and mother in law for their own makeup and hair looks. My friends and family were so impressed by Liz’s professionalism throughout all of these communications. Liz & her team made my bridal party look and feel spectacular! My bridesmaids continue to complement her team’s great work on their hair and makeup.

As far as my own bridal hair and makeup, Liz personally brought calm to the chaos. Let’s be real, getting ready on your wedding day can feel a little hectic. Liz’s ability to bring peaceful, calm, and wonderful energy to her work truly helped me with my own exciting nerves for the day. Liz even helped keep my bridal party focused on track with time! She executed my look flawlessly and I’m so grateful I found her to do my bridal hair & makeup. I felt like a million bucks!

I hired Liz for a few extra hours on my wedding day and it was such a smart decision. After the ceremony, Liz touched up makeup and executed another glam evening look for my reception! I am so happy I decided to extend my time with Liz for my wedding day.

I really hope to work with Liz again. I would recommend her to all of my friends and loved ones. She is AMAZING!!!
    Lucki Married on 05/23/2021

Amazing experience!

Skyla Arts did a fantastic job doing hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party.
    Liz did my hair and makeup and without question I am so so glad I found her. Liz is awesome: professional, responsive, and really took the time to understand what I was looking for. During the trial, she explained what she was doing the whole time so it was very much a collaborative experience. I'm very appreciative of how approachable Liz is on questions and feedback - I had no doubts that Liz put delivering a look that I was happy with at the highest priority. My hair and makeup lasted all night and it was so comfortable. The best part was knowing that Liz brought out the best version of myself.
    You cannot go wrong with Skyla Arts! I would recommend Liz and her team to anyone!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Real Weddings

• Mark & Christie
    18 photos · 12/28/2014

Deals

Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair 1
Discount
The Holidays are coming up! Are you having trouble buying a gift for someone? Skyla Arts is now selling Gift Certificates, starting at $50 ! Redeemable in Makeup Services (makeup trial, special event, make up lessons), Photography (Engagement/Family/Maternity/Pets), Skin Care (specialized facials and peels, facial & body waxing) ! Please email liz@skyla-arts.com to find out more information!

onelove photography onelove photography Wedding Photographers

Elizabeth is a true artist - an amazing professional. We've worked with her many times and absolutely floored by how she beautifies these brides for photographs, looking so effortlessly natural and beautiful. We highly recommend her to all of our clients!

Jim Vetter Photography Jim Vetter Photography Wedding Photographers

Elizabeth knows how to make a woman look her best! I've seen amazing work from her and the clients seem to love her. Hair and makeup are so incredibly important on the wedding day and trusting it to Elizabeth is a wise choice. If you want to look better than you've ever looked before, hire Skyla Arts for your wedding day :)

Memoire Studio Photography Memoire Studio Photography Wedding Photographers

We've always admired the work that Liz has done, regardless if it is her bridal or commercial work. We were excited to finally work with her this year. As expected, it was a great experience. We got to see Liz in full force action - this girl sets the bar high! She has the ability to identify and bring out each girl's uniqueness with her magical touch. She pays a lot of attention to all the details because she genuinely cares about her clients. On top of being very skilled, her soft voice and warm personality makes the experience stress-free and extra enjoyable. We would recommend Liz to any brides looking for an amazing makeup and hair artist that will make you look and feel like a princess on your most important day!

Mountain View, 94043
Location of (Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding