by appointment only, Alameda, CA 94501 Map · Phone number

About Very Merry Events

Very Merry Events specializes in weddings and event celebrations. We offer planning and coordination packages, event décor from concept to execution, & signature themed packages sure to amaze your crowd. Here at Very Merry Events, we believe that everyone deserves happiness and we make sure your event is coordinated from top to bottom and everything in between. We know how important all the details are and make it our top priority to ensure that you enjoy your day! Let us guide you through the most important day of your life.

Follow Very Merry Events on

argentina0624
argentina0709

14 Reviews for Very Merry Events

Julia · Married on 09/04/2012

Having Very Merry Events coordinate during the month of our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made! Our wedding was held at Cornerstone Sonoma which plays hosts to multiple property attractions including a winery, barn, dinner tent, shops and outdoor art installations. With a venue as such, VME was efficient and strategic in all accounts to ensure each phase of our wedding ran smoothly.

Rom was absolutely amazing as our lead coordinator! Right off the bat, she understood our style and the type of wedding we wanted to plan. She showed a genuine interest and offered sincere suggestions which we really appreciated. With it being wedding season and all, we never once felt her attention divide. We can not thank her enough for being engaged and on top of everything.

As a bride who has never dreamed up a wedding as a child, we were kind of just pulling random pins in hopes it would all come together. Rom was really supportive of all our major DIY projects and even scheduled touch bases to help keep us on track. We commend her patience and positive attitude throughout the entire adventure.

The level of dedication we received from Rom and VME on our wedding day was above and beyond anything we expected! The communication between all our vendors alongside the VME team was consistent from start to finish. Throughout the day we even received compliments from our guests on their professionalism and how well each series of events was executed and transitioned to the next. It was clear all parties involved were on the same page.

Number one wedding day advice: spend a moment with each other to just take it all in. We are so grateful for Rom, as we were lucky enough to take in many moments during our wedding day!

Sherry · Married on 04/21/2012

Mary Mary Mary....
    She was probably born on the day that all the stars aligned because nothing she does or touches ever goes wrong. She is the perfect wedding planner, no seriously, she's perfect.

My trust and love for this girl runs deeeeeeep. I had a dream wedding that was, needless to say, difficult to plan. I wanted a Vintage Carnival wedding.

Yes. A vintage carnival wedding; a 50's inspired vintage carnival to be exact.

When I decided to go for a themed wedding, I knew a planner was needed, because there are way too many details involved in a non-traditional wedding. I started to google and yelp like many fellow brides and that's when I came across Mary's website. By this time, mind you, I have already gone through at least a dozen other planner's websites and blogs but nothing gave me the "WOW" factor, that is until I visited Mary's website. Seeing those pictures of the weddings she had done previously inspired me to envision what my wedding would look like. For me, having a source of inspiration is so important and that's exactly what Mary had given me, inspiration. Immediately growing through those pictures made me all smiles and giggles and I soon began plotting to convince my then-fiancé how IMPORTANT it was for us to hire a wedding planner.

The rest was easy breezy. I spoke with Mary over the phone to get a vibe of what she's all about, because it's important to like the person you will be working with for the next year! And thank God! Mary is a super chill and sweet girl!!

Working with Mary was like hanging out with a gf on girl dates! We are always chatting, and eating :)...hehe....There was never a dull moment. She is super informative and organized and more importantly, she is very communicative and responsive whenever you need to ask her anything. Mary doesn't take on too many full event planning clients per year, that is why she can really dedicate her time to you and rest assured that she will really be there for you when you need her!

Continuing on speaking of how great Mary is, I really have to point out her artistry. She is a true designer, not JUST a planner. You will know as soon as she present to you a drawing board of the "vision" she has for your wedding. It is simply amazing. I can't emphasize the design part enough because I think most people over look this area of expertise when it comes to wedding planning. Having a wedding planner that really has an eye for design makes a world of difference. Mary has the design down to the very last color of the chocolate candy I needed for my dessert station. If only I can share my wedding photos, then you will know what I am talking about! Although, I am sure Mary will be posting of my wedding photos soon ;)))!!

I am not here to just review on Mary as as planner for her business, but as a friend who support hers 110% on what she does and continues to support her because I know she'll be the one I call when I want to plan for my baby shower ;)

I love you Mary Berry!!!

Ryan · Married on 09/17/2011

Mary was simply amazing. She seemed very sweet and unassuming when we first met her - and we were almost thrown off by how humble and easy going she was. A few of the planners out there have a huge attitude and we've heard of quite a few people blowing a ton of money on people they ended up hating. We had the exact opposite experience with Mary - and I knew things were going to go well with her at our first on-site meeting. She had a multi-tabbed notebook that was amazingly organized and had EVERY detail covered. Her level of organization, online tracking, smoothing things over with difficult vendors, and communication were amazing. She was equally impressive day-of... she was super organized as usual... but what really made the day was how calm and collected she was the whole day - it really helped us not freak out about anything so we could stay focused and enjoy the day. I can't say enough things about her, I'm recommending her to one of my good friends in the bay area who is getting married next year and I would recommend her to anyone else as well. She even impressed the on-site coordinator so much that she's on her recommended vendor list as well! I think that says it all!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner