600 I Street NW, Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Deals 2

About Sixth & I Historic Synagogue

Sixth & I is a center for arts, entertainment, and ideas and a synagogue that reimagines how religion and community can enhance people’s everyday lives. Housed within a revitalized historic space dating back to 1908 in the heart of the Nation’s Capital, our unexpected mix of cultural and spiritual programs embraces the multi-faceted identities of those we serve and offers wide-ranging, eye-opening, and accessible experiences to inspire more meaningful and fulfilling lives.

Sixth & I hosts Jewish, interfaith, and secular weddings, empowering individuals to choose their officiant and enhance celebrations with personal touches.

Follow Sixth & I Historic Synagogue on

crossstreetweb
h restored and re opened 2005
bernstein wedding credit allegrasstudio
edited north side
Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
wedding sanctuary credit barbara kinney
Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
social hall setup fancy white tables and chairs
edited corner shot
wedding couple exiting
Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
sanctuary view from the bimah
dome 2
Our chuppah (minus the flowers) is included in the rental package
Our chuppah (minus the flowers) is included in the rental package
dsc02712
copy 2 of dsc02780
Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
social hall setup fancy tables and chairs
Our Social Hall can seat up to 125 people for a reception with a dance floor
Our Social Hall can seat up to 125 people for a reception with a dance floor
social hall setup wedding dance
crossstreetweb

Sixth & I Historic Synagogue 4
Sixth & I Historic Synagogue 5

Bart Schuster · Married on 11/04/2018

Remarkable Team and Location

What an amazing Synagogue! When we started looking for location for our special day, I was prompted to check out Sixth and I. The sanctuary is beautiful and unlike any other spaces we visited in the city, simply put the location was a winner. The other critical part is the team you work with and here Robin aided us like a true pro. Communication is key, she was prompt in responding to our requests for visits, walk through's and even played our music pre and post service. She aided in every possible way to ensure the day went off without a hitch! If you are looking looking for the "best" location to honor your event, stop looking and get to Sixth & I.

Jerry Markon · Married on 10/20/2018

Sixth & i -- a great experience

We recently got married at Sixth & I and were thrilled. It is affordable, centrally located in D.C. and absolutely beautiful -- little decoration required. Their weddings/special events contact, Robin Farber, was utterly professional, responsive and helpful. There are dietary restrictions for receptions if you don't use a Kosher caterer, which we did not. But the food turned out very good as well - you just have to be a little creative. We would strongly recommend Sixth & I for a wedding!

• Kiki

Kiki · Married on 05/04/2018

We held our wedding ceremony here and it was absolutely perfect. Their team was very accommodating with allowing us to leave items there the day before and with hosting our rehearsal, and the entire space is gorgeous! My husband is Jewish and I am not but they never made me or any of our guests feel uncomfortable or out of place - all you could feel was the love in the room, it was amazing.

Award

Sixth & I Historic Synagogue Pricing

Sixth & I Historic Synagogue Price Rates

Sixth & I Historic Synagogue FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 3,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 800
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building, Religious
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? March, April, May, June, September, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, July, August, December

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Sixth & I Historic Synagogue 1
    -10%
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Sixth & I Historic Synagogue 2
    Winter Special

For a limited time, get and additional 10% off Sixth & I's wedding packages for the months of January and February 2019. Saturday and Sunday weddings only.

• 600 I Street NW Washington, DC 20001 See on map