Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN 55438 Map · Phone number

About Sixpence Events & Planning

Sixpence Events & Planning is a wedding and event planning business in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Josey named her business after an English coin that was traditionally given to the bride by her father on her wedding day and put in her shoe. The coin was a good luck charm though to bring prosperity, love and happiness. Josey takes your desires, vision and dreams and turn them into a flawlessly executed wedding day that brings you love, happiness and prosperity.

Sixpence Events & Planning offers full-service planning, consulting, day-of coordination and a la carte services so you can create your own package or add on to an existing package. Josey can help you from beginning to end or anywhere in between to make your day seamless. Her planning services include:

• Budget analysis

Sixpence Events & Planning 7
  • Maddie

Maddie Flandrick · Married on 04/05/2019

Absolutely wonderful

Having Josie put together the timeline was absolutely amazing. I had never been a part of a wedding before so I had no idea what to expect. Knowing that she has done this probably over 100 times, really made me feel comfortable that we did the right thing in having a wedding planner.

Thank you so much for all your help. I literally don't know what we would have done without you! You made the day easy, fun, and totally worth all the planning.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Sixpence Events & Planning's reply:

Thank you Maddie! I really enjoyed being a part of you and Ethan's wedding! I know 2019 is going to be filled with amazing adventures for the two of you - have the best time in Seattle!!

Ned Heckman · Married on 10/06/2018

Josey makes your wedding sparkle!

Don’t bother looking any further. I mean do, because research is good, but seriously, you basically found the one. No, not that “ the one,” but Josey will definitely make your wedding day special. We felt pretty independent when it came to planning, not even sure we needed a day-of coordinator, only taking a meeting with Josey when my mom passive aggressively filled out a “contact us” card for us. We were blown away at that first meeting with how joyous and excited Josey was to be a part of weddings, and we hired her on the spot. No regrets at all, because over the intervening (just shy of a) year, Josey helped us vision our event and even served as a referee when our visions did not match. As a testament to just how committed Josey is, she even set up a livestream recording of our ceremony for a friend who was abroad. She did that all without us even knowing, she’s that good, and it was the best surprise on an already awesome day. We were really nervous going into the wedding because a lot of wedding vendors either intentionally or accidentally don’t do a great job of representing same-sex couples in their portfolios of past work, which meant we were very discerning about who we chose to work with. Josey couldn’t have made these big old gay boys feel more like our wedding was somehow totally normal, and yet so special and individualized. Whoever you are, Josey will make your wedding day sparkle (even more than my shoes).

Sent on 10/20/2018

Sixpence Events & Planning's reply:

Ned! (and Ryan!!) thank you so much for the kind words, I am so so happy and thankful to have been a part of your wedding day. I'm glad you saw the video and I'm actually really glad that I kept it a secret from you!! I can't wait to see your photos and to plaster them all over my website, Ned + Ryan forever XO

Marisa Van Osdale · Married on 09/02/2018

Josey = wonderful!

We had so much fun in part due to Josey's expert skills. Everyone raved about her positive energy and how much they appreciated her too!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Sixpence Events & Planning's reply:

Thanks Marisa! Your wedding was such a great day and I'm glad I could be a part of it! Congratulations on being married :)

Sixpence Events & Planning FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 3,750.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 4,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 140.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Weddings at The Broz
    Weddings at The Broz Historic Weddings

Josie is absolutely amazing at what she does! She is extremely organized and will keep all of your festivities right on schedule and looking fabulous! She is also a seasoned pro so she can guide you through the intimidating planning process and, best of all, make it fun!

• Après Event Decor & Tent Rental
    Après Event Decor & Tent Rental Wedding Rentals

Apres Event Décor & Tent Rental always looks forward to working with Josey-- great ideas and direction, and organized with what she needs!

• Kyle Loves Tori Photography
    Kyle Loves Tori Photography Wedding Photographers

Josey is amazing to work with! She set up a styled shoot for us while were shooting a wedding in Minneapolis and she went all out! She's super organized, easy to work with, and we had a blast hanging out with her!

• Minneapolis Minneapolis, MN, 55438 See on map