Silicon Forest Entertainment, LLC

Portland, OR View map Visit website
$1,500 Most Popular Price

$1,500 Most Popular Price

Based in Portland, Oregon, Silicon Forest Entertainment LLC is a team of DJs providing full DJ services for weddings. With over 15 years of experience, they have performed at over 500 weddings and other events. They will customize playlists, lighting, and announcements exactly to your needs so that your night will be as fun and memorable as it should be.

Silicon Forest Entertainment uses the best possible equipment to ensure top-quality lighting and sound. Making sure your night goes perfectly is their main priority, so they will customize everything to your specifications. If you don’t want nightclub lighting, they have more low-key options instead. They will play exactly the music you want to hear, no matter what genre, edited to ensure it’s appropriate for the event. They’ll also make the announcements without pestering your guests, so the focus will be purely on the great music you’ve chosen. Their services include:

• Consultations
  • A bilingual MC
  • Do-not-play lists
  • A flat screen
  • Karaoke
  • A photo booth
  • A projector

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,000

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,500

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Photobooth
Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$100

What music genres do you specialize in?

Christian
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40
South Asian

What services do you offer?

Bilingual MC
Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day
Video Projection

What additional equipment do you offer?

Photobooth
Uplighting

• Leland
    Leland M. Married on 12/10/2019

Look no further. Go with Silicon Forest Entertainment

Music and photography were our two biggest priorities for the wedding. Craig immediately caught our attention because after our first meeting, he was completely on board with our picky song selection and large no-play list. He was willing to work with us on whatever we wanted, no complaints whatsoever. He has an organized way of tracking the music you want to play - by key moment songs such as processional, recessional, first dance, father/daughter, etc. My favorite part about working with Craig was that I could create a Spotify playlist with all the songs my wife and I loved - giving him a better idea of the music we’re into. If you’re curious, we’re into classic ‘80s & ‘90s music, early 2000s rap and R&B, today’s EDM, and more. Craig was comfortable with all of it. During the wedding, he played all the songs we wanted and added in ones that complimented ours perfectly. He read the crowd and was able to keep everyone engaged and dancing through the night. He took requests from my wife and I and he never played a song from our no-play list. If you’re looking for a DJ that is experienced and that will cater to your every need, Craig is your guy.

Last but not least, some other facts that we're awesome... Craig provided up-lighting that were battery powered so they didn't look ugly with wiring and he also took video on his GoPro the whole night and shared a nice little video recap with us a few days after the wedding. A total bonus we weren't expecting :).
    Amanda Married on 10/26/2019

You need Craig

My husband and I didn't think we needed a DJ. We had heard way too many stories from friends/family, friends of friends that the DJ had taken over the wedding and had their own agenda. Then we found Craig. The heavens opened up and shone down and Craig appeared and we never looked back. He was amazing from the start - super easy to work with, very communicative. We submitted lists of specific songs we wanted - and when we felt we were submitting too many "please play these songs", I provided a genre or theme of music (my husband and I are 90s pop kids, etc.) he ran with it and it turned out AMAZING. I called an audible and changed the walk down the aisle music at the last minute and it was seamless. We asked for a last dance with no one in the room but us and he helped kick everyone out when no one was listening lol and we kept the reception open an extra hour and he went with it, no questions asked. And to top it all off, he then sent us a list of the songs he played, in order, at the entire wedding (ceremony, cocktail, reception, dance). It was an absolute joy to work with him and his lovely wife, photographer Dionne Kraus. Such professionals, been in the business awhile and made the day soooooo much more than I could have imagined. If you need a DJ or better yet, don't think you need a DJ, you need Craig.
    Chase B. Married on 10/19/2019

10.19.19 wedding

Craig did an amazing job! He kept the party going and had everyone on the dance floor the whole night. He made our night so special. HIGHLY recommend him!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Team

Craig Kraus
Craig Kraus
Owner

Craig is a virtualization systems engineer during the day and a DJ by night. He grew up in Tempe, AZ and graduated from ASU but moved to Portland in 2014 and started Silicon Forest Entertainment after seeing there was a need for reliable and experienced wedding DJs up here. Craig is married to Dionne, of Dionne Kraus Photography, and they enjoy working together on the weekends. He has three kids and enjoys spending time at the lake paddle boarding or kayaking and trying not to crash his drone.

Dionne Kraus Photography Dionne Kraus Photography Wedding Photographers

Craig with Silicon Forest Entertainment is a fantastic person to work with. He is equal parts professional and incredibly talented. Out of all the DJ's I have worked with, Craig knows how to read a crowd better than most anyone and his choice in music is always current and top notch. I highly recommend his services to anyone looking to have an awesome dance party at their wedding.

Alyson Levy Photography Alyson Levy Photography Wedding Photographers

I worked with Craig of Silicon Forest Entertainment this summer at a beautiful Bridal Veil Falls wedding, and I was highly impressed! He was professional, prompt, friendly, and was great at coordinating with me as a photographer to ensure I didn't miss any important moments. The sound for the ceremony was flawless, and later at the reception he made the transitions between cocktail hour, dinner, toasts, and dancing smooth and easy. And the dancing! Craig clearly knows how to read the crowd, because the dance floor was full and the guests were having a blast! I stayed for an extra hour of photos because everyone was having so much fun, I didn't want to miss a shot! I highly recommend Silicon Forest Entertainment for your wedding DJ needs.

LarvickMedia LarvickMedia Wedding Videographers

I met Craig of Silicon Forest while shooting at the Oregon Golf Club. As a filmmaker/videographer audio is one of my biggest stressors. Having someone on the team who not only knows what they're doing, but is also helpful where I have needs/wants can really hope the day, and more importantly the wedding film, go all the better! I'm happy to say Craig was a real pro, from equipment to personal interactions and everything in between. Lots of people can come with a sound system and a playlist. I appreciated that Craig was helpful beyond the essentials! Looking forward to working alongside them again.

16116 SW Bray Ln. Portland, OR, 97224
503-862-3357
Location of (Silicon Forest Entertainment, LLC)
3410 Ivy Crest Ct Forest Grove, OR, 97116

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding