Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Sherry Hammonds Photography

Sherry Hammonds Photography specializes in documentary wedding and portraits.

Sherry's goal is to capture the laughs, the tears, the hugs, the funky dance moves and most of all the love.   The connection between the people at a wedding is very special and capturing that is a challenge- but that's a challenge Sherry looks forward to at every event she shoots.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Austin

12 Reviews for Sherry Hammonds Photography

I seriously can't express how awesome Sherry is. I live in the Houston area, but got married in New Braunfels. When I googled weddings at my venue, her blog came up. Looking through her photos, you feel like you were a guest at the event. She is so attentive to detail, and captures everything so beautifully. I had a list of recommendations for photographers that were in our budget from my wedding planner, but when I saw Sherry's name; I was so excited before I even contacted her to see if she was available to shoot our wedding. & as fate would have it, she was. ( lucky me :) Sherry didnt fall short of any expectations. We are a laid fun, laid back group ( which can be difficult to work with, since we are sometimes more like kids;) She is professional , down to earth, and a fun gal to work with. I get sooooo many compliments on my pictures, and still smile, laugh, and tear up when I look through my pictures; as if I was there that day again. I can't thank her enough for capturing the best day( to date) of my life, in such a stellar way!

Profile Picture Holly, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ohhh where do I start with this angel? Honestly, she is an incredible photographer and an amazing woman. She's professional, talented, sweet, and very put together.

I was VERY thorough in my search for all my wedding partners, and the most strict on our photographer. I think I considered around 12 photographers. BTW I live in New York but am from Texas. I met with Sherry on one of my Austin visits. I was late to our meeting due to traffic (I forget how bad it can be since I don't drive in NY!). I was frazzled when I arrived at our meeting, but she immediately calmed me down - she had a brownie and a beverage waiting for me. So thoughtful!

Our meeting went well and I was pleased to book her before someone else snatched her up. She was responsive (even though she's a very busy lady), accommodating, flexible, and kind. She worked with me to create a custom package and was very fair.

The wedding day came, and again, she was great to work with. The wedding day was a bit chaotic - no more than your usual wedding day craziness, I'd say. But she and her second shooter were on top o fit. One example, she was on time (early in fact) but the florist was late. So we were slightly behind schedule since we couldn't start taking photos with me in them until my bouquet arrived. Regardless, she handled it all with grace, made decisions and took charge to make sure things continued to move forward. And she kind of shielded it from me - which was great so I didn't freak out. I had a great time taking photos with my family, friends, and husband.

Working with Sherry only got better even post-wedding. (I know I'm really gushing about her but she deserves it.) She worked with me and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, which we completely are! Bravo, Sherry Hammonds, for being a pleasure to work with, and for being very talented!

Profile Picture User3424856, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sherry was amazing! She did our engagement photos, my bridals and our wedding. The pictures were beautiful and she took so many of them! I am so grateful to her and her staff for capturing every moment! Highly recommend if you want a photographer that listens to what you want, but also has enough experience and ideas to ensure you get even more than that!!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/8/12, 6 Reviews

220x220 sq 1264044289189 shphoto7
220x220 sq 1264044292126 shphoto8
220x220 sq 1264044294079 shphoto9

6 ENDORSEMENTS
Sherry is so sweet & humble, and her work is really amazing! I've had the opportunity to work with Sherry about 10 times over the years, and her images always blow my mind. She's so good!

I love working with Sherri! She is always happy and smiling - she looks happy to be there...just like one of your guests! And lest you think she is having too much fun, it helps her get the best shots because she is right where the party is. Gorgeous photos, wonderful personality - a fabulous addition to any wedding.

I assisted Sherry with a Bridal Shoot at Laguna Gloria. She is so sweet and professional. You can tell that she really loves what she does. She never rushed the bride and worked with her when she felt a little camera shy. I loved working with Sherry, she really cares for her clients!

Sherry wears a smile the entire time she works!! I actually watched her shoot a ceremony last weekend and you can just tell that she loves what she does, it comes through in every shot she takes! A++++

Sherry is an awesome photographer, check out her blog and see for yourself! She has been a joy to work with. I would recommend Sherry to any of my client's because I know that they will be taken care of if they hire her!

2235 E. 6th street, Austin, TX 78702   See On Map
512-468-2487 (phone)
Availability based on appointment.