Shane Timm

Brooklyn, NY View map
$2,750 Most Popular Price

$2,750 Most Popular Price

Hello and thank you for your interest in having me document your wedding day! I’ve took the pleasure of listing out some details for you below. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send me an email at shane@shanetimm.com

What is your process for capturing a wedding?

I move and shoot based on the honest reality of my surroundings, observing and documenting in a way that reveals beauty in the seemingly ordinary. Each image is part of the larger story, and they each make it that much more authentic and timeless. This is why I don’t have a predetermined shot list. I find those to be very limiting and often lead to a rather unremarkable outcome. I take my time, observing behaviors, emotions, and the interconnectedness between the couple and of their love ones.

What about portraits?

I love portraits and I love when you act like you in them. If you’re awkward, that’s okay. If you’re stoic, more power to you. Laugh if you want, gaze longingly into the lens in silence, or into each other’s eyes. I’m into all of it. On your wedding day, you’ll look great, and as long as you be yourself the photos will come out great too.

Do you use a second photographer? If so, do they cost extra?

I prefer to use a second photographer if the attendance level reaches 75 or more. And yes, it will cost extra, and we can talk about your options. The reason I prefer to use a second shooter is that it allows me to focus on capturing the story I mentioned earlier, while the other photographer captures things like setting, décor and your uncle who desires to have a professional photo with everyone in attendance, one by one. Trust me, it’s better this way, and good times will be had by all.

Can you explain why I might want to use film along with digital?

I have found film gives your wedding an artistic flair. There’s a look to film that digital simply cannot replicate –film is imperfect, timeless, and people often find it to be relaxing. They see the old cameras and think of pictures from the past, pictures that have stood the test of time, and it calms them. Couples love it.

Digital on the other hand, is always used throughout the day and into the night. This gives me flexibility, and also allows for low light shooting, something film struggles with.

Are you willing to travel?

Absolutely! I’d love to discuss your options for destination wedding coverage.

So, how much does it cost?

Packages start at $4,500 with prints. Let's talk about what works best for you!

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$750

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2750

Engagement Shoot
Negatives
Prints

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Hand-Coloring
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Matted Prints
Negatives
Prints
Proofs

• Garrett
    Garrett C. Getting married on 10/14/2023

Working with Shane was a Dream - Highly Recommend!

My Fiancé hired Shane to capture the day he proposed to me and for a "couples" photoshoot in Brooklyn and I cannot recommend him enough. Shane has elevated style and possesses an innate ability to connect with people on a human level which translates beautifully into his photographs. Being in front of a camera does not come naturally to me, but Shane gave impeccable direction and immediately made us both feel comfortable. He has the perfect eye for details, lighting, and how to position ourselves to get the perfect shot. I will treasure these photographs for the rest of my life.
  • Abba
    Abba B. Married on 04/09/2021

Personable, creative, and thoughtful!

Shane shot our engagement photos and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The whole experience was so thoughtful. Shane really specializes in capturing natural moments, that really feel like "you". Perfect for non-traditional and traditional couples alike. Would highly recommend!
    David M. Married on 05/10/2019

Fantastic - Very Happy

Shane is fantastic. So easy to work with and such great photos. A real professional. Highly recommend.

Real Weddings

• Lauren & Steve
    61 photos · 09/07/2019

Deals

Shane Timm 1
Exclusive
If you found us on WeddingWire we will give you a 30% discount on our services. Remember to show us your voucher when you come see us.
Shane Timm 2
Discount

I won't shy away from it, 2020 was tough on my business. But I also know it was much worse for others, maybe even you. All the amazing plans we all had were delayed, canceled, or all but forgotten.

A lot of you simply can't afford the same level of wedding you desired most. Maybe a job was lost, or simply the income that was there before is now much lower. Well, I get it, I'm there too. So, my rate has been slashed, big time. Not just for you, but for me too.

I want to be out there taking photos of you wonderful and amazing people. I miss you, I miss taking photos. If slashing my rate will make that happen, well count me in.

Garfield St. and 7th Ave Brooklyn, NY, 11215