9600 Clubhouse Dr., Charlevoix, MI 49720 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 12

About Shanahan's Barn

Elegance meets history, romance, and rustic charm in Shanahan's barn at The Charlevoix Country Club. Named in tribute to the cattle farmers who settled here over a century ago, this one of a kind event destination is nestled on what is now the 16th hole of our Championship Golf Course. The turn of the century barn was restored with old world craftsmanship in mind. The vaulted cathedral trusses were constructed using wooden dowels reminiscent of yesteryear.

Dual Grand staircases lead you to an elevated expanse that can be utilized for ceremonies, dance floor, auction or smaller parties. The ceilings are adorned with authentic wagon wheel chandeliers overlooking 10,000 square feet of event space. Shanahan's Barn has limitless potential for your imagination to create a day that your guests will be talking about for years to come.

Follow Shanahan's Barn on

3 Reviews for Shanahan's Barn

• Chelsey

Chelsey · Married on 09/21/2018

Modern and magical barn

Shanahan’s Barn is absolutely beautiful and the perfect wedding venue. Furthermore, the coordinator, Michelle, is there to help you every step of the way. Our wedding guests continue to gush about the venue and how it is so much more than just a barn.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Shanahan's Barn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Chelsey! You were such a dream to work with and we could not be more thrilled to have played a part in such a magical day. Your dress is an all-time favorite too!

Warmest Regards,

Michelle xoxo

Kara · Married on 09/16/2017

We could not have chosen a better location for our wedding, it was an absolute fairy tale! The staff was REMARKABLE. They were all so friendly and helpful! An incredibly special thank you to Michelle, without whom I do not know how I would have gotten through the wedding planning process. She went so far above and beyond to make sure that everything for our special day was perfect, and it absolutely was. This venue was everything I hoped it would be, I am so happy we picked it.

Sent on 10/09/2017

shelby · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I started to look at barns right away when we got engaged. I went to a few in the northern Michigan vuenues and none of them had the space we really wanted, or the potential to be a great indoor/ outdoor options for ceremony ( which is a necessity in Northern Michigan) , until we saw Shanahan's barn. We had rain on our wedding day, and had planned for our ceremony to be outside. After seeing the ceremony set up in the barn, I realized that the rain was a gift from God because the location in the barn was BEAUTIFUL for our ceremony, and the day wouldn't have been as great if the weather held up, and we were able to be outside. I honestly heard at least 70 people that said "We've been going to weddings for 50 years, and this is the most beautiful one we've been to" and "This is a wedding we will never forget", and I do owe a lot of that to Charlevoix Country Club, and especially Michelle, the coordinator. With a lot of elders, who never experienced a barn wedding, I must admit, although it was my husband and I's day, I obviously cared about their experience,and was worried what they would think. I know that my, and my husbands parents heard "They're getting married in what? A Barn?. " Yes its not traditional, but everyone was amazed, and told me what they expected was nothing of what they experienced. " I never imagined it would be so elegant and beautiful".
    The food was delicious ( going through the Bistro at the CCC) and wasn't the same food that is catered for all of the other weddings you go to. This may be a "stupid bride confession" but i read articles after articles and wasted so much time reading "how to make your wedding unforgettable" and this venue helped me with that goal! Everything was truly awesome and I would recommend Michelle, and this barn to anyone who wants a unique, beautiful, elegant wedding. (Thanks Michelle, you rock!)

Sent on 10/18/2014

Shanahan's Barn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300