Shanahan's Barn

Charlevoix, MI View map

Up to 300 guests

Elegance meets history, romance, and rustic charm in Shanahan's barn at The Charlevoix Country Club. Named in tribute to the cattle farmers who settled here over a century ago, this one of a kind event destination is nestled on what is now the 16th hole of our Championship Golf Course. The turn of the century barn was restored with old world craftsmanship in mind. The vaulted cathedral trusses were constructed using wooden dowels reminiscent of yesteryear.

Dual Grand staircases lead you to an elevated expanse that can be utilized for ceremonies, dance floor, auction or smaller parties. The ceilings are adorned with authentic wagon wheel chandeliers overlooking 10,000 square feet of event space. Shanahan's Barn has limitless potential for your imagination to create a day that your guests will be talking about for years to come.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$4,000.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,500.00

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Glassware
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Country/Golf Club
Farm/Ranch
Restaurant

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

Clean Up
Set Up

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey Married on 09/21/2018

Modern and magical barn

Shanahan’s Barn is absolutely beautiful and the perfect wedding venue. Furthermore, the coordinator, Michelle, is there to help you every step of the way. Our wedding guests continue to gush about the venue and how it is so much more than just a barn.

Shanahan's Barn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Chelsey! You were such a dream to work with and we could not be more thrilled to have played a part in such a magical day. Your dress is an all-time favorite too!

Warmest Regards,

Michelle xoxo
    Kara Married on 09/16/2017
    We could not have chosen a better location for our wedding, it was an absolute fairy tale! The staff was REMARKABLE. They were all so friendly and helpful! An incredibly special thank you to Michelle, without whom I do not know how I would have gotten through the wedding planning process. She went so far above and beyond to make sure that everything for our special day was perfect, and it absolutely was. This venue was everything I hoped it would be, I am so happy we picked it.
    Shelby Married on 09/20/2014
    My husband and I started to look at barns right away when we got engaged. I went to a few in the northern Michigan vuenues and none of them had the space we really wanted, or the potential to be a great indoor/ outdoor options for ceremony ( which is a necessity in Northern Michigan) , until we saw Shanahan's barn. We had rain on our wedding day, and had planned for our ceremony to be outside. After seeing the ceremony set up in the barn, I realized that the rain was a gift from God because the location in the barn was BEAUTIFUL for our ceremony, and the day wouldn't have been as great if the weather held up, and we were able to be outside. I honestly heard at least 70 people that said "We've been going to weddings for 50 years, and this is the most beautiful one we've been to" and "This is a wedding we will never forget", and I do owe a lot of that to Charlevoix Country Club, and especially Michelle, the coordinator. With a lot of elders, who never experienced a barn wedding, I must admit, although it was my husband and I's day, I obviously cared about their experience,and was worried what they would think. I know that my, and my husbands parents heard "They're getting married in what? A Barn?. " Yes its not traditional, but everyone was amazed, and told me what they expected was nothing of what they experienced. " I never imagined it would be so elegant and beautiful".
    The food was delicious ( going through the Bistro at the CCC) and wasn't the same food that is catered for all of the other weddings you go to. This may be a "stupid bride confession" but i read articles after articles and wasted so much time reading "how to make your wedding unforgettable" and this venue helped me with that goal! Everything was truly awesome and I would recommend Michelle, and this barn to anyone who wants a unique, beautiful, elegant wedding. (Thanks Michelle, you rock!)

9600 Clubhouse Dr. Charlevoix, 49720
Location of (Shanahan's Barn)

Shanahan's Barn frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Shanahan's Barn?

Shanahan's Barn includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Shanahan's Barn, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Shanahan's Barn includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)

What are the most important characteristics of Shanahan's Barn in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Shanahan's Barn for wedding events is known for:
  • Country/Golf Club
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Restaurant

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Shanahan's Barn for wedding events?

Shanahan's Barn offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Shanahan's Barn offer?

Shanahan's Barn offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party

What services does Shanahan's Barn offer for wedding events?

Shanahan's Barn offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Clean Up
  • Set Up

What percentage of users recommend Shanahan's Barn and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Shanahan's Barn is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in quality of service, 4.8 in average response time, 4.8 in flexibility, 4.8 in professionalism and 4.8 in value.

Other vendors in Grand Rapids for your wedding