118 N Fayette St, Alexandria, VA 22314 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 42
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Salon deZEN

Salon deZEN is nestled in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, perfectly convenient for many wedding destinations. The stylists are dedicated to giving couples the space to authentically express themselves while making their vision a reality. They are passionate and take pride in making every bride and groom feel and look their best. Established in 2007, Salon deZEN has made countless couples in the DC metro area beam on their special day. These stylists are also happy to travel to accomodate any wedding parties.

The deZEN team specializes in Dinair Airbrush Makeup, equipped with the skills to create customizable looks that are tailored to their clients' wants and needs. The team will make sure that you look photo ready throughout your big celebration.

Salon deZEN is a full service salon. Below are just a few examples of what this team can help you acheive on or before your special day:

• Airbrush makeup
  • Tradtional makeup
  • On location hair and/or makeup
  • Hair extensions
  • Microblading
  • Unlimited trials
  • Tattoo coverage
  • Waxing

Visit Salon deZEN's website, Instagram, and Facebook to see more of what this salon has to offer!

• Hair & Makeup by Diane

1 User photo

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2019

Hidden gem for bridal 'dos -- highly recommend

I’m so happy that I found Salon deZen—and there’s many reasons I’d recommend them to other brides too! The wedding hair market is fraught with bad or extremely overpriced options. Most of the competitor salons in Alexandria recommended that I buy hair extensions to get the romantic half-up look that I wanted. Or they would quote me a price around $250, excluding a trial (yikes!). When I found Heather, the nonsense of bad recommendations and inflated prices was over! Heather was super easy to communicate with by email; we locked in an appointment for a trial on a weekday night in the peak of summer humidity. (What better way to ensure a hair style stays?!) I had some photos to show Heather of what I was wanting, and she set off. The trial turned out perfectly and we took photos so that everyone would remember the style that I loved.

The week or so before our wedding day, Heather and I swapped emails to confirm timing. It turns out that she was doing 3 brides on the same day and so it made sense for all of us (myself included) to shift our timing back by 1hr. This change was handled professionally—and Heather made clear that she’d be available to toggle again if needed. I will note that Heather schedules separately from the salon, so the salon’s system was still sending me confirmation text messages for our original timeslot even on the day of my appointment which caused a tiny bit of panic until I was able to triple re-confirm with Heather.

I opted for in-studio styling, as opposed to Heather coming to our venue. My mom joined for our appointment; she was supremely well taken care of by another one of Heather’s wedding team, Stephanie. Heather and her team LOVE weddings (and special event hair/makeup!), and it shows. Everything about our wedding day hair session with Heather was perfect. We went back to the photos from my trial for a quick refresher. I love the technique that sewing (literally!) Heather used on my hairstyle to ensure that it (a) held in place and (b) maintained a lovely, soft romantic look. We had a little bit of time to kill before we needed to leave, so we perched at the salon and had lots more calming mint tea before leaving. As with the trial, my hair held the style OVERNIGHT (!). I removed the sewed together half-up ‘do on Day 3 and was able to extend my style for one day longer. Lots of product to keep all the curls on my fine hair, but it sure didn’t look like it was glued by product—and it was 150% the style I wanted on my wedding day.

The prices at Salon deZen for wedding styles—either at your venue or in their salon—are really competitive. (I didn’t have them do my makeup, but brides-to-be, they’ve got all options for you!) Most importantly, Heather and her team do everything in their power to make their brides feel beautiful. I recommend them without reservation!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Salon deZEN's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review Lauren! It was such a pleasure working with you and your mom, you two are absolutely wonderful. I hope we see you again!

Emily · Married on 11/19/2014

They did hair and makeup for myself and 7 bridesmaids. Incredible results, exactly what I wanted, all in a pleasant and efficient atmosphere. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Victoria · Married on 11/10/2012

My experience was wonderful and I don't think I have ever looked better! We did a few touch up highlights and a trial a week or so before and on the big day my bridesmaids and I all met at the salon. It was early and just us! We were able to bring food and drinks and have a fun time getting ready all together. Anything we wanted they accommodated. Everyone looked beautiful and we were all ready with plenty of time. Maria did both my hair and makeup personally and the result was amazing. Any bride would be thrilled with Salon deZen!!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Salon deZEN Pricing

Salon deZEN Price Rates

Salon deZEN FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides?
    $ 70.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?
    $ 60.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 60.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 145.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 135.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 140.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 100.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Assistant Fee
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Mult. Stylists
    Salon
    Group Discounts
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Textured Hair Styling
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes
    Brow/Lash Tinting
    Tattoo Coverage
  • What hair removal services do you offer?
    Waxing

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Salon deZEN 1
    -15%
    15% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 118 N Fayette St Alexandria, VA, 22314 See on map
    Tuesday, Wednesday 8am-8pm Thursday 10am-8pm Friday 8am-5pm Saturday 9am-5pm Sunday, Monday Closed
    Location of (Salon deZEN)