10838 Hilltop Drive Fort, Fort Washington, MD 20744 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Rodney Mickle Photographer

After earning a Political Science degree from Howard University, Rodney worked with several prominent Washington DC law firms before discovering a passion for photography.

Rodney has been shooting professionally since 2002, focused mainly on magazine editorial and fine art photography. He began shooting weddings in 2005 at the request of a friend and found a new path of artistic expression."I love the challenge that a wedding day brings.

While I think it's very important to get expected shots, I am also looking for those real moments that tell the couple's story that can't be faked. A knowing glance, a passionate hug, a prideful smile, hilarious laughter and joyful tears, I'm really looking for these moments.

Formals are important as well because they document each family's history so and they are done quickly so that the family members can return to the festivities. Also, if there is time I like try get some alone time with the couple so that we can create images with a fashion and art flare, these often end up being among the favorite images that my couples select for their albums or artwork to display in their homes".

Rodney's approach to wedding photography can best be described as wedding photojournalism infused with art and fashion editorial sensibilities. The focus is always on telling the wedding day story while making sure to capture relaxed portraits.

Follow Rodney Mickle Photographer on

IMG2567
IMG0183

25 Reviews for Rodney Mickle Photographer

Amy · Married on 05/07/2016

Rodney was amazing. He listened to everything we wanted and needed. He stayed the entire day of our wedding and captured everything. He adapted to any change. And the photos? Beautiful! Beyond what we had envisioned. We would recommend him again and again!

Sent on 07/04/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 02/05/2012

My fiance and I used Rodney as our photographer for our engagement shoot. We couldn't have been more pleased with his professionalism, yet easy-going personality. Throughout the process he was very flexible and extremely understanding of our needs. The overall experience was truley enjoyable. The pictures turned out great! His creative and artistic abilities really enhanced our vision for the perfect engagement shoot.

Sent on 02/17/2012

Kirsten · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I loved our photographer, Rodney Mickle!

Steve and I got married last year before his first deployment and decided to have our "big wedding" this year after he returned home. Our situation was pretty unique as far as traditional weddings go... We spent the morning together and we got ready for our wedding together as well.

We only have a few pictures together so Steve and I decided to use our big wedding day as an opportunity to take beautiful pictures we can look back on and enjoy forever. As an officer in the Navy, Steve is great at dealing with unusual situations and large groups of people. I had an unfortunate event occur in my childhood which has always effected my self-esteem. I've always been very shy and I get extremely nervous when I'm put at the center of everyone's attention. I was a nervous wreck before the ceremony, yet with the shyness from my past and the anxiousness of our future, Rodney made me feel beautiful. He made Steve and I both feel so special.

Rodney was extremely organized. He got to our venue early and found the best places for pictures so that when it came down to it we were able to spend as much time as possible enjoying our special day. He was the perfect combination of professional and personable. He helped everyone relax with his sense of humor and was quick and effective when taking pictures. He was always perfectly positioned to capture the best moments and angles, yet it never felt like he was in the way.

Rodney was extremely flexible as well. Our limo driver was late picking us up from our hotel so we arrived at our venue later than expected. He was still able to work with the time he was given and take pictures before the ceremony. Steve graduated from the Naval Academy so we really wanted to have pictures taken of us in downtown Annapolis after the reception. The plan was to leave the venue at 8:00 which would give us two hours to get downtown and take pictures. Unfortunately we were delayed again while saying goodbye to our guests. We didn't leave the venue until after 9:00 and the drive to Annapolis was going to take at least 30 minutes. We wouldn't have enough time to set up and take pictures once we got there. Rodney knew how much it meant to us to have pictures taken downtown so even though we only had him until 10:00, he stayed and took pictures until after 10:30.

We would absolutely recommend Rodney as a photographer for any occasion, especially weddings. You won't be disappointed. The images he captured were amazing. They're better than we ever imagined they'd be! All of our guests loved him and we couldn't be more pleased with his work. Thanks so much for capturing our day, Rodney!!! You're the best!!!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Rodney Mickle Photographer Pricing

Rodney Mickle Photographer Price Rates

Rodney Mickle Photographer FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• Splash DJ
    Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolute pleasure to work with!

• Modern Bridal Studio
    Modern Bridal Studio Wedding Hair & Makeup

Rodney is a very talented photographer. He brings the subject to kife in his Photos. I have worked with him on several occasions and his clients are always very pleased. Be prepared to laugh alot too! Carolyn Berry Modernbridalstudio.com

• 10838 Hilltop Drive Fort Fort Washington, 20744 See on map