River and Root Ceremonies

Washington, DC View map Visit website
$650 Typical Price

$650 Typical Price

River and Root Ceremonies is a unique officiant business located in Washington, D.C. I work with individuals, couples and families to create ceremonies that honor your major life transition. I use my training and experience, along with your ideas and love story, to craft a ceremony that represents you and your partner.

PLEASE NOTE, I am currently booking ONLY for weddings between June 15, 2022 and September 15, 2022. I am happy to work with you remotely on ceremony consults for events taking place outside that time frame. Thank you for understanding!

Experience

Hannah Nielsen-Jones is the owner and Celebrant of this company. She graduated from the Celebrant Foundation and Institute in 2014, and has been a part of the wedding industry since 2015. She has a background in theater, and uses her creativity to create a ceremony with language that reflects who you are. Hannah is licensed in Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia, and she’s willing to travel within 100 miles of the District. She’s also fluent in Spanish, so she’s happy to perform bilingual ceremonies.

This passionate celebrant offers a complimentary meeting, so you can decide if she’s right for you. After selecting her, Hannah will send you a questionnaire to get to know you better, and then start drafting your unique ceremony. You will have the final say over everything that is said. Her services include:

• Customized vows
  • Ceremony rehearsal (if applicable)
  • Elopements
  • Vow renewals
  • Anniversaries
  • Civil unions
  • Non-religious
  • Interfaith ceremony
  • Consulting services
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$650

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$325

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

DC
MD
VA

What languages do you speak?

Spanish
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Valerie Y. Married on 09/04/2021

Fantastic Officiant

My husband and I found Hannah with River & Root Ceremonies on Wedding Wire, and we could not be more pleased with our experience. Hannah brought organization , professionalism, and sincerity to our wedding event. She was prompt, responsive, organized, and so easy to work with that it made our experience a lot less stressful and much more enjoyable. I highly recommend River & Root Ceremonies to anyone looking for an amazing officiant and seamless and smooth experience. I'm so very glad we found her and had the privilege of working with Hannah for our wedding !

- The Dahls
    Adam J. Married on 06/01/2021

Best Part of our Wedding

Hannah is absolutely incredible! She was professional, personable and made our special day better than we could have imagined. We cannot recommend her enough; our ceremony was above and beyond, thanks to her. The process leading up to the big day was fun and intimate and really got us excited for our celebration of love. During the ceremony, she was able to express our love for each other through her beautiful words while capturing the essence of our relationship. 10/10 would recommend, our wedding would not have been the same without her! She's the best there is!

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Adam (full disclosure - we are cousins!) It was such a joy to get to know you and S in this special way, and it meant a lot to be a part of your wonderful wedding celebration. Thank you both for the thoughtfulness, thoroughness, care and and compassion you showed yourselves and each other throughout the ceremony writing process. Big hugs!
  • illustration stars

River and Root Ceremonies 1
Exclusive
River and Root Ceremonies 2
Offer

I thought I was going to be out of town for October & November this year, but I will be in the DMV.

So, I am happy to offer 15% off my regular package price for all elopements and short-notice weddings booked before December 15, 2022 for weddings performed before December 15, 2022.

Package includes personalized ceremony with your choice of vows and readings, paperwork signing, and keepsake ceremony copy.

Please message me for details.

Pricing

Events By TRB Events By TRB Wedding Planners

I worked with Hannah Nielsen-Jones and she was just a joy. She made the rehearsal and ceremony so smooth and flawless. I look forward to working with her more!

1238 Ingraham St NW Washington, DC, 20011
Location of (River and Root Ceremonies)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding