River and Root Ceremonies Reviews

15 | Washington, DC

15 Reviews for River and Root Ceremonies

15 River and Root Ceremonies Reviews

Emily · Married on 06/17/2018

Hannah helped us cultivate a ceremony that truly felt like our own. She was generous and felxiable throughout the collaborative process of creating our ceremony together, and she shared wonderful insight using her experience and expertise. An absolute joy!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    River and Root Ceremonies 1
    River and Root Ceremonies 2
    River and Root Ceremonies 3

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Oh, Emily, working with you and Tim was so much fun. I loved the challenge of discerning how to reference one of our mutual favorite works of art in just the right way as part of your wedding, and I was moved and honored to witness the ways that you both showed up for each other and for the process with such authenticity and grace. Congratulations again and thank you for inviting me to be a part of this wonderful (and humid ;) day!

Christopher · Married on 01/12/2018

Hannah was AMAZING. She was absolutely incredible throughout the entire process. We met with her two times before the Wedding Day and she was so pleasant and fun to be around. With just one interaction and answering a brief questionnaire she put together the most amazing Ceremony for us, like she'd known us for years. She also provided valuable feedback to us while writing our own vows. We got such positive feedback from our guests, including many praises for the Ceremony that Hannah led. Our wedding day was perfect, with huge props to Hannah for her style and eloquent speech. Our wedding was bilingual and her Spanish is perfect! I'd recommend her 10 times out of 10!

Sent on 01/26/2018

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Chris, thank you so much. It was just delightful to get to know you and Noelia and to work together on co-creating your ceremony, and of course it was also wonderful to share yummy food and wine with you as we journeyed together! Thanks to you both for showing up to the process with such enthusiasm and great ideas. I particularly appreciate you sharing the Unity in Glass ceremony with me - such a meaningful ritual. Wishing you both todo lo mejor in your married life!

Olga · Married on 10/14/2017

We found Hannah through wedding wire as she had excellent reviews. We met her at a coffee shop and she was very welcoming and friendly. Hannah showed us the entire process and gave us tons of information and templates/examples of verbiage we could use for readings, vows, etc.
    She helped us with the entire ceremony reading from top to bottom, as we made edits and revisions a few times sending them back to her to incorporate. She always made us feel at ease with our decisions whether it be the unity ceremony, vows, or arrangement of details.
    The entire process was smooth and come wedding day, she was on time, professional, and did an excellent job. We would recommend Hannah to anyone that needs an officiant for their wedding day.

Sent on 10/31/2017
    River and Root Ceremonies 4

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Olga! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Jake and co-creating your wedding ceremony. Thank you for inviting me to be a part of this important and meaningful day.

Jackie · Married on 10/14/2017

Hannah gently guided me through the process of planning and executing what ended up being the perfect ceremony for me and my partner. She helped me ditch the traditions that didn't serve us and embrace ones that did. She listened to every nuance and nerve that affected my assumptions about the day, reflected some things back to me for consideration, and helped with advice where it seemed I was getting tangled up. The care and love with which she approached the day, the confidentiality she kept knowing it was a secret ceremony, and the complete availability it seemed she had for me even amidst her many other clients is unmatched. If you're not sure if she's right for you, she is!

Sent on 12/03/2017

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Jackie, thank you so much for your wonderful words and sharing your experience. You and your partner are such dear folks and I'm so, so glad we were able to work together to create a wedding ceremony that felt right to you both. Big hugs and congratulations!

Colleen · Married on 09/30/2017

Hannah performed our wedding ceremony last week and she was amazing. We found her at the last minute and she was able to accommodate us on short notice and made our ceremony better than we ever imagined. She took a couple stories that we gave her and turned them into a personal and moving ceremony. AND she mixed in both Spanish and English so that it flowed beautifully. We absolutely loved it, and we can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/03/2017

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Colleen! I'm so glad that it worked out. It was so fun to be a part of the day!

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We had originally booked another officiant who had a family emergency two months before our wedding, but recommended Hannah to us. Initially we were concerned about the switch, but it ended up working so well. Hannah took time to get to know us and helped us craft our ceremony just the way we wanted it under a shortened timeline. She took the job very seriously and was very responsive to changes we would like. We really felt that she provided a series of great options, but then let us direct how the ceremony ultimately turned out. We are so happy we ended up working with her! On our wedding day we received so many compliments that our ceremony felt like "us." I think that is the highest praise for Hannah!

Sent on 09/11/2017

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sarah. It was truly a pleasure getting to know you both. I really enjoyed working with you to co-create your wedding ceremony and it's absolutely wonderful to hear that it felt like it was so 'you' - truly what all Life-Cycle Celebrant ceremonies are aiming to accomplish. This was a complicated situation at the outset, and the ways you and D came to the table with grace, understanding, and open-ness really enriched our process together. Thank you! Wishing you both all the best in your limitless married adventures!

Kaitlin · Married on 08/26/2017

Working with Hannah to create a customized wedding ceremony was the best decision my partner Larry and I made during our planning. She was so easy to communicate with, and given that we were planning from Hawaii that was a huge relief to us. I have been raving about her ever since we first spoke on the phone; she is an excellent listener and an incredibly articulate person who worked hard to make sure that our story and style were seamlessly portrayed. We had a vision, but honestly no experience (like most people getting married for the first time). Hannah made it easy for us to tell her about our relationship and perfectly gave form to what was for us the best, most personal ceremony we could have ever imagined. I am so thankful we found her. We will always remember the ceremony we created with her as the most amazing beginning to this new phase of our lives!

Sent on 09/01/2017

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Kaitlin, it was a joy to co-create ceremony with you and Larry. Thank you so much. Wishing you both all the best in the adventure of married life!

Kit · Married on 03/19/2017

Just talk to Hannah at River and Roots! She offers her guidance, experience, understanding and creativity to fashion the most meaningful ceremony for you. You'll be delighted.

Courtny · event on: 12/27/2016

It was such a pleasure to have Hannah officiate at our baby's blessing ceremony. I was visiting the area from Hawaii, and we were able to successfully communicate via Internet. We spoke once, which I found very helpful, and from there we worked together on the program. She was so professional and found all the right words and sentiments to express at our ceremony. I highly recommend her for any services and celebrations. Thank you Hannah, for all the time, care, and attention you gave our family for William's blessing!

Sent on 12/30/2016

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Courtny, It was such a pleasure to co-create William's baby welcoming with you. Thank you for inviting me to be a part of a day of such tenderness and joy with your family. It warmed my heart and it was something I will remember with great fondness. Warmly, Hannah

Brian · Married on 12/27/2016

Hannah created a personal, heartfelt and beautiful ceremony for my husband and me. Her process encouraged real participation from the heart and provoked us to think deeply about our connection. I highly recommend River and Root for a most beautiful wedding ceremony!

Sent on 12/31/2016

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a joy to work with you both and witness your connection virtually and in person. Wishing you all the best in your married adventure!

Michael · Married on 07/03/2016

This past weekend I officiated the wedding of a very close friend in Bay Village, Ohio. The ceremony went incredibly well and I have Hannah to thank. Hannah provided me with a ton of great ideas and resources, guided me in personalizing my words, and definitely put me at ease with her professionalism, knowledge and general demeanor. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/05/2016

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Dear Michael, I'm so glad that the consulting conversations we had were useful to you as you prepared to officiate this wedding. I'm sure you did a wonderful job and thank you so much for sharing your experience! Warmly, Hannah

Carolyn · Married on 06/11/2016

Hannah did an amazing job officiating our ceremony. We wanted to keep things non-religious, but also staying true to the familiar elements that our friends and family knew and expected from a wedding ceremony.
    What we ended up with was a beautiful personal tribute to our love story, and to the commitment we were making. Many guests said it was one of nicest weddings they’d ever heard, and that was a tribute to Hannah. She did a really outstanding job.

Sent on 07/03/2016

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Carolyn and Dan, It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and I'm so glad you and your loved ones were moved by the ceremony. You two are such neat people and I was so honored to play a part in the beginning of this next chapter for you! Warmly, Hannah

Anna · Married on 05/07/2016

Hannah did such a great job crafting a ceremony for us! We had originally decided to have a religious ceremony with a different officiant. But nearly last minute made the switch to secular. Deciding to work with Hannah was a no brainier. She immediately makes a strong impact as being someone thorough, funny, caring, and well spoken. Within a couple weeks she had worked with us to write a ceremony which felt very true and meaningful to both of us. Thank you!

Sent on 05/26/2016

River and Root Ceremonies's reply:

Anna, thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Jesse. I'm so glad that you were pleased with the ceremony and that you felt it reflected the two of you. Warmly, Hannah

Ellen · Married on 12/10/2016

Hannah wrote and performed a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. She captured the tone we wanted, was extremely accommodating when we wanted to shift the theme and was patient when we made countless tweaks, cuts and additions. We signed off on every word in the final ceremony and appreciated having that level of control (& working with someone who brought so much beautiful language to the table in the first place). She mailed our paperwork promptly, and we had a copy of the text of our ceremony in our mailbox before we even returned from our honeymoon.