Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Reverend Cathy Hume

Honoring your love in words that have meaning for you and your loved ones.

As an Oregon Wedding Officiant/Minister I am here to help you create the ceremony of your dreams.  A few easy steps will bring out the uniquiness of your relationship so we can bring that forward in your ceremony. This is a very special and wonderful day, your ceremony can honor your beliefs and your families in a beautiful way.  We can add humor, or ritual or pretty much whatever you want to make this special day stand out from all the others. I am always honored to help couples and have so much fun doing this that my enthusiasm is hard not to share.  Lets have fun and make a very special wedding ceremony for you.  Consultation is always free.

Contact me at Revcathyhume@gmail.com or give me a call 503-957-9942.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: Portland

Follow Reverend Cathy Hume on

46 Reviews for Reverend Cathy Hume

Non-religious (6)
Customized Vows (5)
Licensed (5)
Rehearsal (3)

We loved how collaborative Reverend Cathy was from day one. She was quick to respond to all correspondence, and made us feel valued and important. We are so happy with how our ceremony turned out; it was a custom ceremony and she provided a soothing nurturing energy the whole ride.

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Cathy, thank you so very much! Together, Cathy helped us build a ceremony that truly reflected who my husband and I are. She took great interest in the journey of creating our ceremony in the months leading up to our wedding. We planned the wedding from out of the country and so we didn't even meet Cathy until one month before...but all of our phone and Skype conversations were great in the lead up. I really enjoyed working with her during the planning process and she was such a fantastic resource for all of the creative directions you can go in a ceremony as well as for nuts and bolts things like submitting paperwork and name changes.

She was a very "present" and calming energy the day of and at the rehearsal as well. Right after the ceremony and even in the days after, friends and family told us how much they loved our vows and ceremony. They said they laughed and cried throughout, and then went on to quote various memorable parts. It was awesome and something that I don't often feel is complimented at weddings. But we received so many compliments on the ceremony itself and we owe that to Cathy.

Profile Picture McKenzie, 7/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

We cannot say enough to express how impressed and pleased we were with Reverend Cathy. From the very beginning she was timely and always very responsive. We were looking for a very simple ceremony and Reverend Cathy was able to create the most beautiful, personalized and yet still simple ceremony for us which was just perfect. She is very experienced and takes her work and this service very seriously, and she is professional but also incredibly warm and approachable. She also takes care of all the annoying details- a plus we were not expecting!!! If anyone is looking for a personal touch to their very special day, Reverend Cathy will bring it. We know who we will call when our sons get ready to get married!!!

Profile Picture JESSICA, 6/17/17, 1 Review