5 High Street, Rockport, MA 01966 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Rev. Sue

Do you want a heartfelt, joyous, personal ceremony to remember forever?

Do you want to build a strong, happy marriage?

Photographer Laura Gallagher writes, "Rev. Sue is one of a kind. Her wedding ceremonies are full of grace, love and attention…like nothing else I have ever witnessed. It's so heartfelt and wonderful, everyone notices it. I have proof since I take the photos, it's written all over their faces."

As your wedding officiant, my goal is to create the most heartfelt, memorable ceremony you and your guests have ever experienced and to give you support and guidance for the marriage of your dreams.

By getting to know you and the story of your relationship, I will create an unforgettable ceremony that you and your guests will love from beginning to end. Leading up to the ceremony we will also explore how you can build a strong, happy, lasting marriage.

Please take a peek at my reviews to learn more.

Because of my passion for creating beautiful, meaningful, inclusive weddings that lead to strong marriages, I teach other officiants how to work with couples through One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in New York, New York. (onespiritinterfaith.org/2017/08/building-wedding-ministry)

You can also check out this podcast, courtesy of The Essex Room: http://essexroom.com/weddings/the-wedding-blog/wedding-officiant-reverend-sue

Thank you for reading this description. I hope to meet you! To inquire about my availability for your wedding date, please email revsue@revsue.net or call me at 978-325-2573.

Blessings on your wedding day! Blessings on your marriage!

nancylouweddinglojp2017020
waiting for the bride
anneliese josh july 2016
andrew and katy
Rev. Sue
under the huppah annie aaron
14224674102094715252593603272253012842751689n 1
chels me and steve laughing
super smiling sue erin bill
alyssa anton and me b w
Rev. Sue
lisa and terrell sand ceremony
rings kate tony
jennifer and rogelio
Rev. Sue
waiting for the flower girl lc
sand ceremony 2
smiles cassandra and erik
crying gina
liz tony and me
Rev. Sue
ring blessing jessica and soham
01 04 21 52 51
me and gina
clhimages rebeccajess 24
fun with cassie and joh
Rev. Sue
Rev. Sue with Nicole and Tom at Birch Hill.
Rev. Sue with Nicole and Tom at Birch Hill.
Taryn and Victor sharing their vows
Glens Falls, NY
Kim, Harry and Family at 1st Baptist Glens Falls, NY
FAMILY Unity Candle
FAMILY Unity Candle
Wedding and Baby Blessing, too!
Wedding and Baby Blessing, too!
Kathy, Jay and family
nancylouweddinglojp2017020
me and brett

139 Reviews for Rev. Sue

setareh · Married on 08/26/2018

This is my very first time leaving an online review. However, I feel the urge to write about Sue and how AMAZING she was. From our very first meeting, I and my fiancé (now husband, haha!) connected with Sue. She was sweet and kind and at the same time VERY organized and professional.

We had a Persian fusion ceremony, and Sue was very flexible and proactive towards it. She provided us with excellent suggestions how to put everything into place and she even helped us in finalizing our vows. Before the big day, Sue gave us very interesting exercises about our marriage visions which led to a very profound conversation between me and my partner. I mean the type of conversation you will not initiate by yourself but can be very useful in having a happier relationship. I may say Sue was not only our officiant but also our couple therapist. :)

On the big day, Sue went beyond our expectations by the way she performed the ceremony. She was very real and present at the moment (this part is hard to explain- no one felt this is someone providing a service- it was beyond that) in a way that the ceremony came out to be absolutely beautiful and the favorite part of the day for both of us. Many of our guests were also impressed by her. So long story short, Sue was our favorite wedding vendor and we keep joking we should marry again just to hire her again. :)

Sent on 09/09/2018

Rev. Sue's reply:

Oh Setareh! And you and Ehsan provided me the opportunity to officiate my first Persian Fusion ceremony. More than that, WHO the two of you are as individuals and as a couple touched me so deeply. You are both beautiful inside and out, which was reflected in everything about your extraordinary wedding. Thank you for the kind words and I hope to welcome you to Rockport again some time. Lots of love, Sue
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 08/12/2018

I would highly recommend Rev Sue to anyone looking for an outstanding, professional and personable officiant. From the beginning, Sue took many opportunities to genuinely get to know my husband and I as a couple, but also as individuals and how we got to this point in our lives. She answered all of our questions quickly and patiently, had an abundance of suggestions and options for personalizing our ceremony, and took control during our rehearsal and wedding day so we did not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Rev. Sue's reply:

Thank you, Daniela! I loved getting to know you and Scott. You are such solid people and have so much to look forward to in marriage. Every blessing, Sue

Taylor · Married on 06/23/2018

Choosing an officiant for our wedding was what I thought would be the most difficult choice, but it turned out to be the easiest (and best decision) we made. My husband and I come from different religious backgrounds so it was important to us to find someone to marry us who could strike the balance and help us find common ground. The moment we talked to Rev Sue we clicked and we had no doubt that we wanted her to marry us. Rev Sue went above and beyond what we ever expected. It wasn't just about marrying us to her, it was setting us up for a successful marriage right away and for the future. She facilitated important conversations through discussions and exercises. She committed to getting to know us as individuals and couples. On our wedding day, Rev Sue made the ceremony so incredibly special - people still comment to this day how it was the most magical ceremony they've ever been to and how Rev Sue truly touched them. We feel so lucky to have found Rev Sue, she really made an imprint not only on our wedding day and the process itself, but on both of us. Thank you Rev Sue!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Rev. Sue's reply:

Taylor, Thank you for this gracious review! Working with you and Joe was a joy! You came to me eager to grow as a couple who already had a strong relationship. You were fully invested in working with me, which enabled me to really get to know you and write a ceremony reflective of your love. It was a gift to share this special time in your lives. Love, Rev. Sue

Rev. Sue Pricing

Rev. Sue Price Rates

Rev. Sue FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal, Premarital Counseling
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 350.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? ME, MA, NH, NY
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Cover Story Entertainment
    Cover Story Entertainment Wedding Bands

Rev. Sue takes care of the ceremony with professionalism and a huge smile! She is a joy to work with and extremely engaged in the Bride and Groom's special vows. Leading up to the big day she is extremely organized!

• The Essex Room
    The Essex Room Banquet Halls

Rev. Sue has been on our list of officiants for a while and this was her first time officiating at the Essex Room. Now that she has finally made her debut at the Essex Room, we can honestly write the tremendous endorsement she deserves. Sue is the happiest person you have ever met. She comes in and you just feel happy in her presence. Rev. Sue arrives at the rehearsal and is so excited to be able to play such an important role for the couple. Her excitement is infectious and she gets everyone excited for the big day. It has taken Rev. Sue awhile to get to the Essex Room, but we get to have her twice in August and couldn’t be more thrilled.

• Music Man Entertainment
    Music Man Entertainment Wedding DJs

Just worked with Rev. Sue for the 1st time during a Ceremony last evening at Franklin Plaza. A True Pro, who makes the Couple feel totally at ease. Great voice too!! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a Great Officiant!! Book her today!!

978-325-2573 (Phone number)