Carlsbad, CA 92010 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 13
  • Real Weddings 1

About Rare Bird Brides

Rare Bird Brides specializes in Bridal Hair & Makeup for the Rare Beauty.

Whether you call San Diego home or come from across the country, Rare Bird Brides will help you achieve a flawless appearance on your wedding day. Stunning Hair and Airbrush Makeup will make you feel like one of a kind. Taking the time to listen and help you find your ideal look is what we do best.

We also design and create custom made hair pieces and accessories. Perfect for showcasing each individual's uniqueness and style.

Awards include 'The Knot-Best of Weddings' for 2013 & 2014.

Follow Rare Bird Brides on

• Videos 1

22 Reviews for Rare Bird Brides

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2018

Made everyone feel gorgeous!

I was really happy to stumble upon Rare Bird Brides website when I was looking to book my Bridal Party Hair and Makeup. I really loved how flawless and natural their brides looked compared to other companies in the San Diego Area. I stalked their Instagram and really loved all photos of the past Brides. I ended up doing my Hair and Makeup trail with Chelsea. She listened to everything I wanted, my concerns and hope I wanted to look as a Bride. I have never gotten professional make up done before so I didn’t really know what to expect, but I was very happy with how the trail turned out. Kristin made payments very easy and sent reminders that were very helpful with all the wedding planning craziness. I had a total of 10 people including the 6 Bridesmaids, 3 Moms and myself. My team of Chelsea and Melissa worked so well together and really stuck to the timeline Kristin had put together prior to the Wedding Day. They listened well to what my Bridesmaids wanted and what would work well with their dresses. The Moms loved the airbrush makeup and they all looked 10 year younger. I was really excited how my Bridal look was exactly how Chelsea had done at my Hair and Makeup trail. The Makeup lasted all night, even though all the sweating on the dance floor. I would highly recommend using Rare Bird Brides for your Hair and Make Up on your wedding day!

Kristi · Married on 02/25/2017

Beautiful hair and makeup by Kristen! We decided to do hair and makeup for myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids. I did a trial and used that as my engagement photo day. I loved it! When I got home there were a few things I realized and talked it over with Kristen and day of we talked about it again and made the adjustments. I never do makeup so she knew what I was feeling and we went more natural and a little less dramatic but still looked stunning. She wanted me to look camera ready but also feel comfortable for the entire day. The make up stays on but never felt heavy. She is also a genius with hair. Helps her to have an idea but even some of my girls really didn't have any and she just went with what they were thinking and made some beautiful hairstyles. She works fast and stays on a timeline. What a gem to work with. Hair and makeup should be the last thing you should stress about and you won't if you use Rare Bird Bridal and you will look amazing!

Liezel · Married on 01/30/2016

Kristen did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my 1/30/2016 wedding. She also did hair and makeup for a few bridesmaids and my mom and they were all happy with their looks. Kristen is an absolute professional. She made me feel comfortable at my trial and she nailed the hairstyle I wanted on the first try. She was very responsive through email and phone calls. My mom was very concerned with her short hair and had tons of questions about her look. She called Kristen the week of and thankfully Kristen was able to put my mom at ease. She arrived promptly on the day of and even cut my bangs since I didn't get a chance to get a trim. I appreciate that she would check on how I was feeling and made me feel amazing on my big day. I highly recommend Kristen and her team, thank you so much!

Rare Bird Brides FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 95.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for body art? $ 75.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Travel Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer? Body Art, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Hair Removal, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Mult. Stylists, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Tweezing, Waxing