Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14217 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup

Rachel Rizzo is a professional wedding hair and makeup artist based in Buffalo, New York. She offers over 10 years of experience helping her clients feel empowered through beauty. Rachel is a licensed cosmetologist and specializes in event and photoshoot beauty. She is committed to creating unique looks for each client to help them feel their best on their special day.

Rachel Rizzo offers on-site bridal hair and makeup services. Rachel will work with you to build a personalized morning timeline to ensure that your big day runs smoothly. She offers hair and makeup services to not only brides, but also bridal parties, mothers of the bride and groom, junior bridesmaids, and flower girls. Additional services include the following:

• Consultation

22 Reviews for Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup

• Michelle

Michelle L Rogers · Married on 08/29/2020

Stunning!

Oh I don't know where to begin. I reached out to another vendor for this service however they were booked and recommended Rachel. Everyone keep in mind, make up is not my thing on a day to day basis. I don't wear it unless I am going to event which is not often. Rachel does a way more Fabulous Work then I can even dream. From the first email, to the trial run, to the day of the wedding, Rachel was AMAZING to work with. When she asked you to fill out the questionnaire's please do it. It helps her understand exactly what you are looking for.
    The trial for the Bride.. She came in and set everything up. Very professional even in today's world. Everything was clean, neat and professional. She got to work based on those question's she asks you. She knew exactly what to do and how i wanted to look. She matched the foundation without blinking an eye. Needless to say, by the time she was done, I went from plain jane beautiful to Hello World Here I Am Beautiful!! I just needed my dress and I would have been ready to roll that day minus the eyelashes..lol (I could not wear them). We had a great conversation while she was working. Well I blabbed the whole time..lol. She even was patient with me when I stopped for a moment to take the a phone call quickly. Just an AWESOME PERSON ALL AROUND to WORK WITH!!!
    The Day of the Wedding..Where to start???? I was running around that day getting things together. She provided make up service for my 2 daughters and I. She started with my daughters at my request and by the time she was finished working with them, They went from Beautiful to More Beautiful!!! They had fun and lots of laugh's chatting with her. When my oldest daughter finished, she came and said Ma.. your turn. Like I said I was running around finishing everything. I was a little bit sweaty. OMG Everyone.. Rachel jumped right in.. she took care of everything. She de-sweated my face and got to work. I went from natural beauty to a very stunning, glamorous natural beauty. She did even better than the trial run. Dont know how that was possible but it was her magic touch, fingers, and creativity. Rachel even gave me a little goodie bag with my name on it and some extras in it. Very Cute and Awesome. The make up lasted right through until the next day when I washed it off.
    As far as price is concerned i will not disclose that info. I will say..it was worth it and then some.
    If you are looking for someone to give you everything you want, didn't know you wanted, and more, Rachel is the women to be with!!!! Yes she traveled for my wedding. I can not say enough to anyone how wonderful of an experience it was to work with her. If I ever have another event, I will be contacting her again. She makes you feel , when she is working with you, like your the only one in the world. She wants you to be Show Stopper!!! If you have the opportunity like my girls and I did to work with her, please do not hesitate for one moment. Rachel, I thank You 20 times over for that day!!!
    photography credits go to Saffi Photography

Sent on 09/11/2020

Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup's reply:

Oh, Michelle!! Thank you SO much for such a kind review. I’m so so glad that everything worked out so well. You and your girls truly did look absolutely beautiful and everyone was so much fun! I had a great time getting to know you and your family. I most certainly hope that we do work together again sometime! It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your day. Wishing you and your HUSBAND (!!) a lifetime of love and laughs together!
  • Jamie

Jamie Park · Married on 07/23/2020

A beautiful soul with extremely talented fingers

I was referred to Rachel by my wedding dress boutique and I could not be happier with her! She was so extremely nice and organized right from the very beginning. Her level of experience Is evident in her quality of hair styles that she created in only a few hours. She did my hair and a few of my bridesmaids and we were all thrilled with the final looks. She took the time to get to know us all and took interest in what made us look and feel beautiful. She has wonderfully magical fingers and a personality to match! She was such a gem to work with and I would highly recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 08/14/2020

Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much, Jamie!! I truly *loved* creating your style and I’m so grateful that you trusted me to create your vision. I’m speechless at all of the kind words you wrote and will be forever grateful to Cathy for bringing us together. You were such a beautiful bride and it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your day. Endless gratitude and wishes for a beautiful, long, healthy life with your new HUSBAND!!!
  • Brielle

Brielle d'Estries · Married on 11/08/2019

Absolutely amazing beyond expecations!

Where to begin...Rachel is amazing. I had written another review about her and somehow deleted it and immediately came back on to write one again because she deserves all the praise!

When looking for someone to do my hair for my wedding day, I knew I wanted and needed someone who could do outstanding work but who would also be fun to be with. Let me tell you, Rachel is BOTH - outstanding and fun!

I had a hair trial previous to meeting Rachel with another person and it was awful. My hair looked crunchy and the girl spent 15 minutes on it. I was really stressed out about it and then saw a friend on instagram had used Rachel. I reached out and she was so friendly and we set up a time to do a trial.

From the moment I met Rachel, I knew she was the hairstylist for me! She was funny, kind, outgoing, and so good at what she does. She took the time to go through a bunch of different hairstyles for me and when we got to the one I loved, we both agreed it was it. I really appreciated that she did a few different ones with me and did not rush me through my decision! I immediately bonded with her that day and knew she was it - we booked her!

Leading up to the wedding, I would constantly be emailing Rachel and asking her obscure questions and generally losing my mind. She was always quick to respond and ease my questions and always made me feel better.
    Here is one of the best things about booking Rachel: not only did she provide me with a questionnaire to fill out so she knew what I expected and wanted...she also had anyone else who was getting their hair done with her that day (Bridesmaids, flower girls, mother of bride) fill out a questionnaire too! She reached out to everyone individually to see what they wanted for the day of. I have never heard of anyone doing that and it made everyone feel SO special!

The day of, Rachel and her assistant Grace (SO SWEET!) showed up right on time and got ready to work! Grace took care of the two flower girls and did these extremely intricate braids and was so kind and patient with them (8 & 9 year olds!). Rachel SLAYED everyone else's hair and made them look like movie stars.
    When I got to sit in the chair and have Rachel do my hair, I just felt serene. I was ready and so trusting in her. She made my hair dreams come true - I really wanted it half up and with a braid and she did just that. It looked absolutely PERFECT in pictures and...held up for the entire day! Rachel was cracking jokes with everyone and laughing along at our weirdness and dealing with my crazy friends & family. Everyone commented on how amazing she was. Not once did someone say they did not like their hair (I have been in plenty of weddings where girls had to have their hair redone 1 or 2 times).

If I ever have another big event or need my hair done, I will not hesitate to call Rachel. I feel like I not only had the best hair of my life but I gained a new friend. If you are getting married or have an event and need a hairstylist....look no further. She's a professional with an incredibly refreshing attitude who will make you entire morning SO MUCH FUN! Thank you Rachel for being the best - we love you!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup's reply:

Omg, Brielle. I’m not crying at ALL right now (lies). Thank you so so much for such an amazing review. I am so grateful to have met you and your amazing friends and family, and truly had the best time with everyone at the Lofts! You were an absolutely stunning bride, and you’re an absolutely stunning human being too. So much love to you. Wishing you and your man endless happiness!!!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup Pricing

Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup Price Rates

Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 135
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 120
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 100
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 135
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 120
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 100
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
    Travel Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Hair
    Makeup
    Salon
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Contour Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes

• Buffalo Buffalo, New York, 14217 See on map
    716-265-6379 (Phone number)
    Location of (Rachel Rizzo Hair and Makeup)