Nearby Vendors to Consider

About "Pickled Okra"

un Traditional Bluegrass

If Pickled Okra’s special brand of Americana music can be described with words, one might say “old-school, porch-settin’, sing into a can-style bluegrass”.  If you ask them, they might call it “ham and cheese grass”.  Either way, their music is full of ideas borrowed from old time fiddle tunes, jazzy delta blues, pop, rock, reggae and funk as well, for a sound that is timeless yet modern in it's own quirky way. It’s kind of like stepping back in time, but with indoor plumbing.  This group - made up of two married couples, all characters in their own right - is undeniably charming, and undeniably entertaining.  Not to mention pretty darn talented.

Please feel free to contact us today! Email us at pickledokraband@gmail.com or call us (206) 551-1915.

Categories: Wedding Band

Regions serviced: Seattle

Follow "Pickled Okra" on

23 Reviews for "Pickled Okra"

We, and all of our guests, loved them! Even with it raining for our outdoor reception, they played on. Their energy is so good that people were dancing and partying in the rain most of the night. My favorite memeory is of them taking a break to sing my 8 year old niece's "favorite song ever," WITH her and her best friend. And they worte an arrangement of the song I've wanted for a first dance since I first saw Prince of Theives. The drizzle, flood lights, my love, and my dream song...it couldn't have been better this side of reality.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Pickled Okra played at our recent wedding Welcome Reception on July 25th, and it was one of the best decisions we made for the entire event! Working with them in the months leading up to the wedding was a breeze... they were always very quick to respond to emails, and we even got to see them play at one of our favorite local watering holes. When it came time for the event, they arrived with plenty of time to setup, and were playing as our first guests arrived. They could read the crowd very well, and by the end of the night, they had everyone dancing! They even let one of our cousins borrow a guitar and played along for a little tribute song! EVERYONE was raving about the music, even people who wouldn't call themselves bluegrass fans! They play such an eclectic mix of music but with their own flair, and they had everyone singing along. I would highly recommend hiring Pickled Okra for any event! We can't wait to see them again!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Besides marrying my husband, selecting Pickled Okra as our wedding band was the best decision and best use of our money. The wedding was a blast! Each member of the band is fun, entertaining, and incredibly talented. They are easy to work with and set an excellent vibe for the party. We had guests ranging in age from 6 months to 90 and everyone loved the band (everyone raved about Pickled Okra for months). They played traditional bluegrass as well as more modern covers with bluegrass twang. We need to have another event so we can hire them again! Honestly, we have zero regrets about hiring this band, they were the BEST!!!

Profile Picture Margo, 7/12/14, 1 Review

1 VIDEO

Pickled Okra at your wedding
1:15 minutes

3 ENDORSEMENTS
Great entertainers, fun, a full of energy! Love love Pickled Okra, can't wait until we meet again!

Pickled Okra is amazing. Who says live music is dead for weddings?!?! Pickled Okra is a talented group made up of two couples that will keep your guests moving and their spirits high. Even their tagline is fantastic - old-fangled new-fashioned music! Book them now!

You played here at EM Fine Art this last Saturday for Peter & John's party, yes?

122 PROS I KNOW