150-400
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Penn's Peak

Treat your guests to an event truly "Above the Rest"!

Penn's Peak, a beautiful mountaintop venue located in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, can comfortably host 400 guests as well as onsite ceremonies.  Enjoy a spacious dance floor, lofty ceilings and a broad open-air deck for summertime revelry with a breathtaking overlook of nearby Beltzville Lake and a commanding, picturesque 50-mile panoramic view of northeastern Pennsylvania's Appalachian mountains. Choose Penn's Peak for your next wedding, banquet or special event and treat your guests to an event truly "Above the Rest".

Geographically convenient to residents of major population zones in Hazleton, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Stroudsburg, the Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia and New York City, Penn's Peak is an ideal location for any event.  It is located only four miles from Exit 74 of the northeast extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Tastings (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
Linens (1)

Penn's Peak was the perfect venue for our dream wedding! My husband and I love music, so we hired a great band and had an amazing ceremony on the deck with the incredible view of the Endless Mountains. Deb Biege was fantastic to work with from start to finish. The food was great, and all staff was so friendly and helpful. I felt like we got a great value for our money. All of our guests raved about how much they enjoyed everything.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Penn's Peak was so ideal for our wedding reception. We needed a venue that fit a lot of people comfortably and Penn's Peak was so reasonable and flexible. I can't say enough good things about it--and especially about Deb our wedding coordinator. Deb is extremely professional, efficient, and accomodating. She made us feel taken care of and calm throughout the whole process. My husband and I live in Virginia and weren't able to make our food tasting (my sister and mom went in our place). I have no idea why I was so worried-- the food was really, really good. The location is also great. it's up on the mountain so cocktail hour is really beautiful for the guests. We had our wedding over labor day weekend so the weather was pleasant and everyone was able to enjoy the outside deck. The restaurant being open upstairs was a non-issue. No one wandered into our reception (if they did, I didn't notice). We had a lot of out-of-town guests and there are some really nice rental houses near beltzville lake and in the town of jim thorpe for people not wanting to stay at the hampton/country-inn off the turnpike. I would recommend Penn's Peak to anyone. You can decorate the space just about any way you wish (Carol from Still Creek does a great job) (and for anyone who has had a prom here, trust me, the space is so adaptable that thoughts of my high school prom didn't even enter my mind once) and they really seem to care about making your wedding special. There are only so many weekends available a year because of the concert schedules, and they book up fast. We put our name down on a waiting list for our top three dates. It was obvious that we needed them, more than they needed us--but Deb really seemed to care about making our wedding fantastic--and it was. Penn's Peak is great- Deb is great. If you're lucky enough to reserve a date here, take her suggestions about other vendors--she knows who will do a really fantastic job.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Unbelievable venue, let us decorate as needed, were VERY helpful throughout, and the food was AMAZING.

Profile Picture Stephen, 6/28/15, 3 Reviews