Portland, OR 97219 Map · Phone number

About PassageWays

Congratulations on your plans to join hearts, hands and lives with your beloved partner in the ceremony of marriage! I'm delighted that you found your way here and I would be deeply honored to be a part of this milestone event in your relationship. You deserve an officiant who listens deeply and helps you create a ceremony that reflects what matters to you. That's my absolute commitment to my clients.

MY PHILOSOPHY OF THE WEDDING CEREMONY Whether you're getting married in a friend's garden with only two witnesses, or celebrating your marriage in a luxurious country club with two hundred guests in attendance; whether the ceremony is five minutes or forty-five minutes long, a wedding is a profoundly intimate and personal event. It's a sacred moment, set apart from everyday life, in which you share with others, in words and ritual, your love and your dreams, your beliefs and your values. This celebration completes one important chapter in your story and begins another.

For a moment this important, it's critical to have an officiant who understands that the ceremony is the beating heart of your whole wedding day. Regardless of the type of ceremony you desire - religious, spiritual, interfaith, secular, multicultural or an eclectic blend - the words that are said make a difference, and the WAY they are said makes a difference, too. For almost twenty years I have been crafting personal ceremony, and since my ordination in 2001 I have been helping couples find the words and the ritual that transform a wedding into their wedding, a day they revisit with sweet memories many, many years into their married life.

COLLABORATING TO CREATE YOUR PERFECT CEREMONY I don't believe the person who guides you to the doorway you will pass through as a married couple should walk into your lives on your wedding day as a total stranger - nor should you be total strangers to her. The first step in making your magical ceremony take shape is for us to get to know one another, to make sure we're a good "fit" and that you feel completely comfortable with me. We'll meet to chat, exchange information, explore ideas about the ceremony, and to answer any questions that you have. If you live outside the Portland/Vancouver area and are planning a destination wedding here, we can conduct our meeting via telephone and/or email.

During that initial meeting, I'll provide you with samples of ceremonies I've created, poems, readings and other material to illustrate your options and inspire your imagination. Once you engage my services as your officiant, I'll work with you to combine existing material, revise it, or write entirely new pieces - whatever it takes to develop the ceremony that feels as if it belongs to you and only you.

BEING THERE FOR YOU FROM START TO FINISH Lots of questions come up during this process. Anxieties and emotions can ambush you. There's the stress of a to-do list as long as your arm. Sometimes family drama or a sudden crisis erupts. Or sometimes you just want to have a "reality check" with someone who's a little less enmeshed in all the frenzy of planning.

I'll be there to help you the whole way, answering your questions when I can, referring you to other resources when I can't; calming your anxieties and helping you gain perspective when you need it; talking things through and offering ideas anytime you ask. Should you have a rehearsal, and do I need to be there? Let's discuss it. How can you afford everything you want for the wedding? I can help you prioritize, to discover what's truly important to you. Do you need pre-marital (or post-marital) coaching, to gain some new relationship tools and better your odds of a long, successful marriage? I'll offer you my outlook, based on intuition and long experience, but I'll never press you to commit to anything you're not ready for. Should we meet more than once during ceremony development? This collaboration is about YOUR needs, so I'll always try to be available for you by phone, email and in person - whatever works best for you.

I am authorized to perform weddings in Oregon and Washington. I welcome all couples, and I respect all wisdom traditions and belief systems that have love at their core. For more details about my approach and my services, visit my website, or feel free to call or email me with your questions.

Please contact me to make an appointment for a free initial consultation. Together we'll embark on the adventure of creating a wedding ceremony that expresses the essence of your love and touches everyone involved with its meaning - especially YOU!

Profphoto2crop
PassageWays
John unrolling his "vows" to Jessie under the  gaze of Grandfather Mountain at Timberline
John unrolling his "vows" to Jessie under the gaze of Grandfather Mountain at Timberline
Profphoto2crop

14 Reviews for PassageWays

Karla · Married on 09/13/2014

Our experience with Rev. Diane was 100% positive. She worked with us to incorporate all of the special things that we requested into the ceremony. Our vows were so meaningful for us and several guests commented about the wonderful words. Guests also thought we were old friends because the service was so personal. She also provided examples and ideas for us as we put out ceremony together. We lived over 60 miles from Diane. She graciously met us in a convenient place to begin the process and then communicated through e mail. It was easy and fun.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Pat & Laura · Married on 07/26/2014

Diane conducted our first marriage 10 years ago, that was later anulled by the state of Oregon for gay couples.
    I contacted her early this spring and asked if she would be able to conduct our second ceremony???

She was quick to respond, and so we set a time to meet and gather ideas.
    What I probably liked the best is that she listened to what we wanted.

Our wedding went off perfect, she was confident in her job, and I had several guests later ask me who was our officiant because she was awesome!!!!

I could not agree more.

I would strongly recommend Diane to anyone wanting a professional officiant for their occasion.
    She is open, kind, flexible, knowledgeable, understanding, ...
    No matter your individual religious or spiritual beliefs, I am certain she would be able to help you design your own BEST CEREMONY DAY EVER, tailored just for you.

With gratitude & appreciation,
    Pat & Laura

Sent on 07/29/2014

Sherry · Married on 07/19/2014

Diane did a remarkable job working with two highly opinionated seniors. We had drafted our own service and she was able to work in her parts so seamlessly that the whole flowed beautifully. We are still getting compliments ten days after the event.

Our wedding was outdoors in our home garden, a rather informal setting. We had planned a non-musical service that depended upon the timing and delivery of the participants to keep the guests engaged. Diane captured the attention of our guests in a respectful but commanding way. Her delivery bespoke respect for the state of marriage and for our union in particular. She didn't miss a beat, even when we spontaneously changed our parts at the exchange of the rings. Yet nothing seemed contrived.

I, the bride, was not the only person impressed; my husband, formerly a professional broadcaster, was similarly pleased. And our guests particularly commented upon Diane's ability to center a group of about 70 in an informal outdoor setting.

As you can guess, I give Rev Diane Wuesthoff the highest marks possible.

Sent on 07/29/2014

PassageWays FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 275.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 175.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 75.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 50.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Earth-Based, No Denomination, Pagan
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.

• Portland, 97219 See on map