830 Elderberry Ridge Road, Banner Elk, NC 28604 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 20 to 350
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Overlook Barn

The Overlook Barn sits atop of Beech Mountain, NC and has expansive views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The barn itself spans over 6,500 square feet. When you walk in, you first are awestruck by the 30-foot arched ceilings with exposed wood beams. The Overlook Barn was fully renovated in 2015 with brides and grooms in mind. It is the epitome of rustic elegance. The Overlook Barn can accommodate over 250 guests for a seated dinner indoors and even more for a tented event.

In 2016, Cliffside Barn was renovated and added to the property's offerings. It has original wood floors, a striking chandelier, and a huge glass-paneled garage door that opens up to mountain views. It is a wonderful location for the ceremony or cocktail hour and can also be rented as a standalone rental on weekdays.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Follow Overlook Barn on

Overlook Barn 5
Overlook Barn 6
Overlook Barn 7

Kalah Smith · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Amazing, stress free, and beautiful!

Overlook is beautiful! The staff and owners are amazing and truly want your day to be perfect! I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2019

Wedding 05/10/2019

Overlook barn was a dream! So beautiful! Karen and the staff made our day so stress free! The venue is so gorgeous. Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Mary-Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

The Most Breathtaking Wedding Venue

Is it possible to give Overlook 100/5 stars?! Overlook Barn made my entire wedding day something out of a fairy tale. I want to relive the day over and over again and I have Overlook Barn to thank for that. From the first time I emailed Overlook, I received nothing but incredible service from the entire Overlook team. It truly was the happiest day of our lives and I can’t help but get giddy when I look back on that day.
    I honestly have nothing but wonderful to say about the entire process working with Katie, Karen, and Kali. Karen was INCREDIBLE-- responded quickly, very professional, and genuinely cares about her brides. She has gone above and beyond throughout the entire planning process down to the day of the wedding. She took time out of her day to give us tours, and even came early to my rehearsal so we could walk my family around the Barn. Kali was a sweetheart the day of as well-- moved around cars for us and did everything in her power to make sure my family and I were situated and had everything we needed. (No lie- down to the temperature in the bridal suite!) Katie and her husband even left my husband and me a card and a bottle of champagne on our wedding day. You can tell Katie and her husband truly care about the property, as they are always making improvements and asking for feedback. We loved the fact that it was open vendor- We were able to shop around for our vendors and make the wedding truly ours. A wedding at Overlook is not your typical cookie cutter country club wedding!
    All of our friends and family cannot stop talking about the venue and how beautiful it was. Friends keep commenting on the beauty of the venue on facebook and asking where it is! The pictures of the venue look like something out of a magazine and it feels like that in person! Cliffside is so intimate and magical. It was perfect for our wedding of 100. The main barn is absolutely stunning—the tables, the lights, the stalls. There are so many options with each room and you can truly make the wedding yours. All of the pictures from that day are beautiful- there is not a bad photo opportunity on the property. We were smitten the first time we walked in there! We found it on Instagram and I knew it was the one. Katie and her husband have a gem in Banner Elk!! I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Overlook and the entire team—You will not be disappointed if you book your wedding at Overlook!!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Overlook Barn 8
    Overlook Barn 9
    Overlook Barn 10

Overlook Barn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 7,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 6,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 350
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 20
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Barn, Farm/Ranch
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Shuttle
  • What months are included in your peak season? July, August, September, October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? May, June, October