Overlook Barn Reviews

Overlook Barn 5
Overlook Barn 6
Overlook Barn 7

Kalah Smith · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Amazing, stress free, and beautiful!

Overlook is beautiful! The staff and owners are amazing and truly want your day to be perfect! I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2019

Wedding 05/10/2019

Overlook barn was a dream! So beautiful! Karen and the staff made our day so stress free! The venue is so gorgeous. Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Mary-Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

The Most Breathtaking Wedding Venue

Is it possible to give Overlook 100/5 stars?! Overlook Barn made my entire wedding day something out of a fairy tale. I want to relive the day over and over again and I have Overlook Barn to thank for that. From the first time I emailed Overlook, I received nothing but incredible service from the entire Overlook team. It truly was the happiest day of our lives and I can’t help but get giddy when I look back on that day.
    I honestly have nothing but wonderful to say about the entire process working with Katie, Karen, and Kali. Karen was INCREDIBLE-- responded quickly, very professional, and genuinely cares about her brides. She has gone above and beyond throughout the entire planning process down to the day of the wedding. She took time out of her day to give us tours, and even came early to my rehearsal so we could walk my family around the Barn. Kali was a sweetheart the day of as well-- moved around cars for us and did everything in her power to make sure my family and I were situated and had everything we needed. (No lie- down to the temperature in the bridal suite!) Katie and her husband even left my husband and me a card and a bottle of champagne on our wedding day. You can tell Katie and her husband truly care about the property, as they are always making improvements and asking for feedback. We loved the fact that it was open vendor- We were able to shop around for our vendors and make the wedding truly ours. A wedding at Overlook is not your typical cookie cutter country club wedding!
    All of our friends and family cannot stop talking about the venue and how beautiful it was. Friends keep commenting on the beauty of the venue on facebook and asking where it is! The pictures of the venue look like something out of a magazine and it feels like that in person! Cliffside is so intimate and magical. It was perfect for our wedding of 100. The main barn is absolutely stunning—the tables, the lights, the stalls. There are so many options with each room and you can truly make the wedding yours. All of the pictures from that day are beautiful- there is not a bad photo opportunity on the property. We were smitten the first time we walked in there! We found it on Instagram and I knew it was the one. Katie and her husband have a gem in Banner Elk!! I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Overlook and the entire team—You will not be disappointed if you book your wedding at Overlook!!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Overlook Barn 8
    Overlook Barn 9
    Overlook Barn 10

Theresa Powell · Married on 04/06/2019

#HancockWedlock 04/06/19

Simply Gorgeous Venue and Simply Amazing Staff. I could not have been happier. They made sure every detail was perfect.

Sent on 04/09/2019
    Overlook Barn 11
    Overlook Barn 12
    Overlook Barn 13
  • Taylor

Taylor Harding · Married on 04/06/2019

A perfect choice for a perfect day!

My husband and I were Overlooks first wedding of the 2019 season and it was so special to us! If you are looking for a venue in the NC mountains and haven’t toured Overlook yet, you’re missing out. The team is super friendly, adaptable and lets you turn the space into your vision! Five stars aren’t enough to express my appreciation to Katie, David and Karen. Thank you for helping us have an awesome start to our forever.
    PC: silverfeatherstudios

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Overlook Barn 14
    Overlook Barn 15
    Overlook Barn 16
    Overlook Barn 17

Ellie Bautista · Married on 10/06/2018

Sacred Space

I cannot describe the feelings we had when we first arrived at Overlook Barn over a year before our wedding. We immediately teared up, imagining our wedding day taking place on that magical mountaintop. My (now) husband and I met at Appalachian State University and wanted a venue that captured the grandeur and beauty of the mountains where we fell in love. Overlook Barn was that place and so much more. Karen showed us around and made us feel like ours was the first ever wedding to take place there. She was so clearly excited for us and encouraged us to bring our own unique style and vision to the space. We knew from the moment we crested the hill this was where we wanted to seal our vows, but Karen allowed us to make our own choice without pressuring us.
    My favorite memories of the wedding include getting ready in the bridal suite (where the owners Katie and David left us the sweetest gift of champagne and a kind note wishing us well on our big day), hearing our wedding vows echo across the mountains, and looking back at the barn as we drove away, beautifully glowing in the distance. Overlook Barn is now sacred space for us and our families. We will never forget the feelings of love and joy that we experienced from the moment we set foot on the grounds. Thank you, Overlook, for sharing this beautiful piece of heaven with so many brides and grooms.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Overlook Barn 18
    Overlook Barn 19
    Overlook Barn 20
    Overlook Barn 21
    Overlook Barn 22

Overlook Barn's reply:

Ellie, your review and description of your big day warmed our hearts and brought tears to our eyes. Your day was so memorable (such incredibly stunning photos!!) and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience.

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2018

If you are looking for a wedding venue in the mountains with amazing views and backdrops, a professional team to work with and something very much worth your money... this is the place. We had our wedding in early October 2018, which was the perfect time of the year. Our guests raved about the venue and how beautiful it was. Some of the older guests said "Let's renew our vows here next year!" ha!. The price is well worth every penny, as it includes all your tables and chairs and you don't have to rent those. Also, another big perk is that you can bring your own alcohol onsite; huge cost savings there as well. The coordinator onsite, Karen, is flexible, dependable and an excellent communicator. Not one email of ours didn't go unanswered within 48 hours. AMAZING.
    Thank you to the Overlook Barn team for such a wonderful day.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thanks, Kristen!! You were soooo organized and easy to work with- we are honored to be a part of your big day. We hope to see you again when your guests renew their vows ;).

Melanie · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and met at App State and wanted to get married in the mountains. We found Overlook Barn online and when we went to go visit the venue we instantly fell in love with the barn and breathtaking views. The staff is amazing and fantastic to work with. Especially Karen, who guided us through the whole process. Anytime we called or emailed they were very quick to get back to us and always happy to answer all of our questions and had great suggestions. Everyone that attended our wedding had nothing but positive things to say about the venue. I would highly recommend booking them for your wedding! I haven't gotten the wedding pictures back yet, but here are some of my bridal portraits that were taken at Overlook Barn.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Overlook Barn 28
    Overlook Barn 29
    Overlook Barn 30

Overlook Barn's reply:

Melanie, thank you for this review and for posting some GORGEOUS photos. It's always fun having ASU alumn at Overlook and y'all were no exception!! Best wishes!!

Kaley · Married on 08/05/2018

Karen was awesome to work with and so organized! The barn was beautiful and all of our guests were amazed at the beauty of the view and venue!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Overlook Barn 31
    Overlook Barn 32

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thank you, Kaley! We loved hosting your gorgeous wedding and we appreciate your kind words :).

Addison · Married on 07/14/2018

This venue is truly incredible. The services, people, and experience is top of the line. My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams overlooking the beautiful mountains. Overlook Barn is the perfect escape for those getting married in the summer looking for an escape from the heat. The staff were responsive to every request that I had throughout the year and worked diligently to make our dream wedding come true. I will always remember the crisp mountain air and the breathtaking sight of the string lights dangling from the white barn. Thank you so much, Overlook Barn!!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Overlook Barn 33
    Overlook Barn 34
    Overlook Barn 35

Overlook Barn's reply:

Addy thank you for the thoughtful review!! Ya'll were so fun and sweet and it was an absolute pleasure to host your wedding at Overlook :).

Carrie · Married on 06/23/2018

What a fantastic venue! Karen was amazing & we received so many compliments from our vendors on how responsive & accommodating she was throughout the process. Everything was perfect! The grounds were well maintained, everything was set up exactly as we requested & we couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thank you, Carrie! You were an absolute delight to work with! Thank you for your kind words.

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2018

The Overlook Barn is so gorgeous, the pictures do not do it justice. Everyone who attended told me they had looked at the website prior, but the barn blew their mind. The views are spectacular and even if rains, there's a plan for that! (it also only rains on the mountain for like 15 minutes and it's gone). I can't say enough about Karen, the manager. She has it together! She's there with you at your rehearsal and your wedding for whatever you need and she's SUPER responsive. We couldn't be happier that we booked this venue! Breathtaking and it doesn't even need that much decor because the barn itself is already so stunning!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Sarah thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review! We are so thrilled to hear your experience with Overlook Barn and with Karen. We loved your wedding and wish you two the absolute best!

Jen · Married on 05/26/2018

We had our wedding at the Overlook Barn May 26th, 2018 and I cannot say enough to compliment absolutely everything about our experience. The venue is spectacular and my guests, all of whom were from out of town, could not get over how beautiful the property, views, and barn were (neither could I!). When I was eating dinner at our reception, I took a moment and looked around at one point and felt like I had to pinch myself that my wedding was in such a beautiful place! We had our actual ceremony in Cliffside Barn, which is intimate and romantic (and served us well for the rainy day we had).
    Apart from the actual venue, the staff is so wonderful to work with. Karen especially was our go-to contact person and she was absolutely the best. No matter how many times I emailed her, she promptly responded with the information I needed. In all the chaos that comes with planning a wedding, she was so very helpful to me in figuring things out.
    If you are considering the Overlook Barn as your venue, I cannot recommend it enough. It truly is a magical spot in the mountains to celebrate a special occasion.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Our goal is to have an amazing venue and exceptional service so I'm so happy to hear we delivered for you! We loved your wedding and wish ya'll nothing but the best!

Taylor · Married on 05/19/2018

From the moment I first saw the Overlook Barn in a wedding magazine, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married! From the beginning, the Overlook Barn was kind and helped us every step of the way. We had a great wedding and would not change it for the world! We had to get married inside the barn as a back up plan due to rain, but it was still just as beautiful! 100% would recommend!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Overlook Barn 40
    Overlook Barn 41
    Overlook Barn 42

Overlook Barn's reply:

Taylor, thank you for the 5 star review, kind words, and for sharing these gorgeous photos!!

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2017

We had our dream wedding at Overlook Barn October 13, 2017. It was absolutely perfect, the leaves were changing and the town of Beech Mountain was a great getaway for all of our guests. We had a 120 person ceremony at Mary’s Meadow, cocktail hour at the Cliffside Barn, and the reception followed at Overlook Barn. Everything was absolutely perfect. The grounds are completely breathtaking and having the Cliffside Barn for cocktail hour is a must. The guest loved the intimate feel and views from Cliffside Barn and they were all in shock when they made their way over to the big barn for the reception. The Overlook Barn is so stunning by itself and the lights, booths, and rustic wood tables and chairs bring the reception to a new level. The barn is completely wired for everything you may want/need as far as sound and lighting goes. The balcony for the DJ is so perfect. Not only does it make for great sound but also frees up the dance floor. The Barn has a great team to help you with every need you may have all the way up to your big day. On wedding day they have a staff member there all day to help and answer anything you and your team may need. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. The venue is so stunning you must see it for yourself. We highly recommend.

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Overlook Barn 43
    Overlook Barn 44
    Overlook Barn 45
    Overlook Barn 46

Overlook Barn's reply:

Your wedding WAS a dream! So gorgeous and heartfelt. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others

Heather · Married on 10/01/2017

I have always loved the mountains and I couldn't have found a more perfect place to marry my best friend! The overlook barn has amazing views and a big beautiful open barn! Even if it rained we could have had a beautiful ceremony. It didn't rain and we were able to have our ceremony in the meadows! We loved it and our guests loved it! The overlook barn team will be there for you if you need them but also make it so that you are able to make your wedding your own! Everything went perfectly and I can honestly say it was the best day of my life! Thank you overlook barn team!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

Heather, we can't hear anything better than it was "the best day of your life!" Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and we are so grateful to be a part of your big day!!

Liz · Married on 09/30/2017

When I got engaged I knew that I wanted to be married in the NC mountains. My husband loves Blowing Rock and we've been to multiple weddings at venues there. I was totally distraught, however, when I realized how expensive they all were! Not only are they super pricey, but you don't get to pick and choose your vendors. When I visited the Overlook Barn I immediately knew I had found my place. It fits WAY more people than your standard venue and you get to bring in your own vendors which can save so much money. Even more important is the fact that it is THE most gorgeous venue you will ever see. The views are unreal and make for beautiful pictures. The venue also offers a cozy bridal suite that you and your maids can get ready in the day-of the wedding. I felt like a had a little party before the wedding even started! It is also so convenient for guests because you have the Pinnacle Inn right down the road for people to stay at. The staff is incredible and Karen and Katie were so helpful and so so sweet. I still have people telling me that it was the best venue they had ever been to and I agree 100%. You won't regret having your wedding here- I loved it!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Sharon · Married on 09/23/2017

I truly believe this is the best venue. Not only for the beauty of the view, the barn, the cliffside barn but also the people who represent the business. You have put together a wonderful business that feels like family during a very stressful and exciting time in life.

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Overlook Barn 54
    Overlook Barn 55
    Overlook Barn 56

Overlook Barn's reply:

Sharon, thank you for your kind words and for including pictures so we can re-live the magic of Emily's gorgeous wedding! You and your family were an absolute pleasure to work with and we are so glad everything came together perfectly!

Karissa · Married on 09/02/2017

I had the wedding of a lifetime. Thank you to everyone from Overlook and all of my vendors that made my day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

Karissa, we are so glad to hear about your experience! You (and your sister!) were wonderful to work with :). Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and for your kind words. Best wishes!!

Caroline · Married on 07/08/2017

Overlook Barn is absolutely gorgeous and guests raved about how it was the best looking venue they'd ever been to. Pictures do not do it justice, you have to go see this place. During our engagement, management changed. Unlike some reviews, we had no problem with the previous staff. They were slightly disorganized, but all the information we received from them was correct. Karen, however, is a God-send to this venue. I hope the owners know what an amazing person they hired for their new manager. When Karen stepped into the position she emailed us to introduce herself, schedule the 30-day-out meeting, and detail every piece of information we may need in a clear and coherent way. She also made us feel special and excited about our upcoming wedding. Every interaction with her from then on was warm and friendly but professional. Improvements were made to the barn during our engagement, so it only looked better than when we booked. There are 4 bathrooms in the building, a catering kitchen, a bar area with a refrigerator, and suites for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to get ready in. The barn was clean and tidy each time we visited. Staff sets up tables and chairs for you according to earlier specifications but are very flexible with changes even day-of. While there's no A/C, I got married in July and was actually a little cold at times. This is not a place where you need to worry about the heat. They have a simple rain plan they can implement last minute that still includes a view of the mountains. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who will listen to me. I could not be more happy with how it turned out.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

Caroline, thank you so much for the detailed review and kind words! We are thrilled that you had your dream wedding day and that we could be a part of it. Wishing you all the best!!

Elisabeth · Married on 06/30/2017

My husband and I got married at Overlook Barn on 6/30/2017. Overlook was the first and only venue we looked at because we instantly fell in love. Overlook was very professional and helpful during the planning process. They were flexible to meet my needs and made me feel so special on my wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback and for the kind words!

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2017

We loved everything about our wedding at Cliffside! The mountain setting was exactly what we wanted. It was so much fun to have a space to spend the whole morning, with no rush and nowhere else to be but in the moment. Mary's Meadow was everything I imagined for our ceremony; the fire pit is a fun place for cocktail hour and yard game or two; and the barn has a simple beauty that doesn't need much dressing up.
    Karen was amazing to work with and made everything about the process easy! She responded quickly to every question and she seemed to enjoy it right there with us. It always felt like she was happy to be there and truly cared how our wedding day went.
    Thanks for being part of it all!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

Kristin, thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear about your experience at your Cliffside Barn wedding! We hope you are enjoying newlywed life!

Brittany · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Overlook Barn and their team! This venue is absolutely beautiful and the views are breathtaking. Our family and friends haven't stopped raving about it! Karen was amazing to work with and responded to emails very quickly. She is extremely professional and her passion for the job would make me more and more excited for my wedding day every time I met with her. The barn itself was renovated beautifully; they even have string lights permanently hung across the ceiling that give the barn such a romantic/magical feel when lit at night. What is also unique about this venue is there are several site options for your ceremony/reception; they have a field overlooking the mountains, the main barn, and a smaller Cliffside Barn that houses a gorgeous chandelier. Between the venue itself, and the amazing Overlook team, our wedding here was a dream come true...I wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

We are so glad to hear about your experience!! Thank you so much for the kind words! We wish you the absolute best!

Joel · Married on 06/03/2017

As the dust settles, we finally got everything almost back in place and I look out from my front porch over the mountains I wanted to write and say how appreciative we are for you and your staff. I sit here at peace and feeling so much more blessed than I ever deserved. I wanted to say you made the marriage of my last baby girl so very special and perfect. We sat at our table in our mountain home at midnight after the wedding with my immediate family and we were able to reflect on this wonderful event. I will never be able to thank you enough. I do not know how you would rate this wedding but I am getting so many e-mails and text honestly saying this wedding was the best they have ever attended. I as a former school Principal and Superintendent always told my staff that every event needs to be a wow event (and this was truly a wow event as people said wow all through the night). That in large part is because of you and your staff. Thanks again to you and your staff (please tell them) for everything and I will forever be indebted to you. Thanks for making this such a perfect and incrediabe event. A perfect 10 plus out of 10. From the father of my Baby girl that got married.
    Peace and love (from an old hippie in an tux)
    Joel

Joel F. Ritchie

Sent on 06/07/2017

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for these beautiful words. We are beyond thrilled to hear of your experience :).
  • W

Walter · Married on 06/03/2017

Katie (owner) and Karen (manager/day of coordinator) were amazing and so accommodating to our small intimate wedding. Something that is hard to find these days when you’re planning a small wedding, trust us. From the initial site visit to the day of the wedding and after, they have been nothing but professional and caring with our special day. Highly recommend this venue and these ladies to anyone for any size wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2018