Overlook Barn Reviews

Overlook Barn 5
Overlook Barn 6
Overlook Barn 7

Kalah Smith · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Amazing, stress free, and beautiful!

Overlook is beautiful! The staff and owners are amazing and truly want your day to be perfect! I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Overlook is Wonderful!

The entire team at Overlook Barn is wonderful. They are responsive, thoughtful and helpful. They provided great recommendations and really came together to make my day special. If you have the chance to get married here, take it! You will be thrilled with the experience.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Herman Brown · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Mountain Views

Overlook Barn was the first and only wedding venue we visited when searching for our dream location! We fell in love with the views and the ground of Overlook Barn. The restored barn offered the outdoor feel while also giving a beautiful indoor space with finished flooring and beautiful stalls. The OL staff was amazing and organized which gave this organized bride such relief. They require an event coordinator which will give the bride and groom family so much help during their big day. The OL team was amazing to work with and I never questioned that my wishes would be met. If you are looking for a beautiful mountain wedding there is no need to look further. Happy Planning

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Leah

Leah Miller · Married on 08/04/2019

Everything we dreamed of!

Our wedding at Overlook Barn was EVERYTHING we dreamed of! It was the only venue we visited and we knew it was the one. The property and view are gorgeous. Both barns are picture perfect. The lighting, rustic feel, high ceilings and outdoor lighted fire pit are a perfect backdrop for design. Not to mention the tables and chairs they provide and on site suites for getting ready make it incredibly convenient. Their staff is incredibly helpful, professional and friendly. We had close to 150 guests and a band with a decent size dance floor and it was the perfect size. We could not have asked for a better venue or experience. Katie, Karen and their staff are top notch. Thank you for everything! Best day ever!!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Overlook Barn 15
    Overlook Barn 16

Taylor Bryan · Married on 07/12/2019

Magic in the mountains!

This place is magical. The view is amazing! Not only is the venue gorgeous, but the team running it is a well oiled machine. Karen communicated with us from day one, and was also our day of coordinator. SHE'S THE BEST! And helped our day go so smoothly! We knew that we wanted to have a very small, intimate ceremony, and the Cliffside Barn provided us with a space to have a very sweet, family style dinner and reception. Don't rule this place out if you're hoping to have a small wedding. The weather in July is perfect, even chilly in the mornings. No pit stains on the groom, or sweaty bride. That in itself makes this the perfect summer location. Thank you Overlook Barn for a perfect day!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/28/2019

Absolutely perfect venue!

We had our wedding on Thursday June 27 2019 at Cliffside Barn, the smaller barn at Overlook for 50 people and it was perfect! Our most important aspect of our wedding was to have views and this place delivered! We hired Karen to coordinate our day and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. We had our ceremony on the lawn, appetizers/ cocktail hour on the covered patio of Cliffside and the reception in Cliffside. The guests constantly said this was one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to, from the mountain views, to the beautiful design of the barn and the warm hospitality of the staff at Overlook. Our wedding pictures came from a storybook, as we went out to the large rock on the property with Cliffisde/ Overlook in the backdrop as well as Grandfather Mountain... the sunset was a colorful sorbet of colors. Everything about this day was magical and the venue and staff was what made our day so spectacular. I would recommend Overlook Barn and Cliffside Barn with Karen as your wedding coordinator a million times over and over again! Can we do this again next year? :)

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Overlook Barn 17
    Overlook Barn 18

Overlook Barn's reply:

Laura, I'm thrilled to hear your experience with Cliffside Barn and our team!! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and we loved being a part of it. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with others

Natalie · Married on 06/15/2019

An absolute dream!

Overlook Barn is the perfect wedding venue! Not only is it a beautiful location and space, but the team runs it without a hitch. Karen, Kali and Katie were all so accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2019

July Wedding at Overlook Barn

I loved loved LOVED having our wedding at the Overlook Barn! The whole campus itself is so beautiful and one of main reasons we chose this venue for our wedding was because our plan B was just as wonderful of an option as our plan A! Karen and Kali are the venue managers and they were so helpful throughout the whole process and responded to emails very quickly! I highly recommend getting married at Overlook Barn!!!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Overlook Barn 19
    Overlook Barn 20
    Overlook Barn 21
    Overlook Barn 22
    Overlook Barn 23

Lourdes G Suarez · Married on 05/26/2019

Easy to plan a magnificent dreamy wedding

Our guests, who have been to weddings all over the world, are still talking about how beautiful the Overlook Barn venue was. The backdrop of the Appalachian mountains for the ceremony that took place on the lawn was magnificent. The barn itself is beautifully romantic. We easily seated the 230 guests and had enough room to dance the whole night long. Karen, the Manager was accommodating, when she could be, and organized. She made it easy for us to plan the most magnificent dreamy wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Overlook Barn 24
    Overlook Barn 25
    Overlook Barn 26

Jessie Jones · Married on 05/25/2019

the PERFECT mountain wedding venue

Yes the barns are beautiful and the location is dreamy. But what made Overlook Barn stand out for me were the owners and the staff. Katie and David are dedicated to making this venue (where they got married!) perfect for fulfilling couples' dreams, constantly looking for feedback and improving the property (e.g. they recently buried all of the power lines so that photos are flawless!) Karen is so kind and invested in making each wedding special. The staff are detail-oriented and know the venue like the backs of their hands.

The High Country has a tight knit group of wedding planners and vendors and Overlook Barn is best friends with them all (check out their super long preferred vendors lists). I am so grateful to have tapped into this for my wedding. Having limited time and planning from afar, I felt completely confident in trusting my planner and vendors to design and execute my dream wedding. The day was FLAWLESS. Trust me, I tried throwing wrenches into the plan (e.g. I want to sneak up on my husband for our first look, brother-of-the-groom decided he wants to give a speech last minute, etc etc).

Any couple looking for a gorgeous venue with staff who make wedding days not only look easy but super FUN (can't be easy when you have back-to-back weddings every week!) I would highly recommend Overlook Barn.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2019

Wedding 05/10/2019

Overlook barn was a dream! So beautiful! Karen and the staff made our day so stress free! The venue is so gorgeous. Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Mary-Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

The Most Breathtaking Wedding Venue

Is it possible to give Overlook 100/5 stars?! Overlook Barn made my entire wedding day something out of a fairy tale. I want to relive the day over and over again and I have Overlook Barn to thank for that. From the first time I emailed Overlook, I received nothing but incredible service from the entire Overlook team. It truly was the happiest day of our lives and I can’t help but get giddy when I look back on that day.
    I honestly have nothing but wonderful to say about the entire process working with Katie, Karen, and Kali. Karen was INCREDIBLE-- responded quickly, very professional, and genuinely cares about her brides. She has gone above and beyond throughout the entire planning process down to the day of the wedding. She took time out of her day to give us tours, and even came early to my rehearsal so we could walk my family around the Barn. Kali was a sweetheart the day of as well-- moved around cars for us and did everything in her power to make sure my family and I were situated and had everything we needed. (No lie- down to the temperature in the bridal suite!) Katie and her husband even left my husband and me a card and a bottle of champagne on our wedding day. You can tell Katie and her husband truly care about the property, as they are always making improvements and asking for feedback. We loved the fact that it was open vendor- We were able to shop around for our vendors and make the wedding truly ours. A wedding at Overlook is not your typical cookie cutter country club wedding!
    All of our friends and family cannot stop talking about the venue and how beautiful it was. Friends keep commenting on the beauty of the venue on facebook and asking where it is! The pictures of the venue look like something out of a magazine and it feels like that in person! Cliffside is so intimate and magical. It was perfect for our wedding of 100. The main barn is absolutely stunning—the tables, the lights, the stalls. There are so many options with each room and you can truly make the wedding yours. All of the pictures from that day are beautiful- there is not a bad photo opportunity on the property. We were smitten the first time we walked in there! We found it on Instagram and I knew it was the one. Katie and her husband have a gem in Banner Elk!! I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Overlook and the entire team—You will not be disappointed if you book your wedding at Overlook!!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Overlook Barn 27
    Overlook Barn 28
    Overlook Barn 29

Theresa Powell · Married on 04/06/2019

#HancockWedlock 04/06/19

Simply Gorgeous Venue and Simply Amazing Staff. I could not have been happier. They made sure every detail was perfect.

Sent on 04/09/2019
    Overlook Barn 30
    Overlook Barn 31
    Overlook Barn 32
  • Taylor

Taylor Harding · Married on 04/06/2019

A perfect choice for a perfect day!

My husband and I were Overlooks first wedding of the 2019 season and it was so special to us! If you are looking for a venue in the NC mountains and haven’t toured Overlook yet, you’re missing out. The team is super friendly, adaptable and lets you turn the space into your vision! Five stars aren’t enough to express my appreciation to Katie, David and Karen. Thank you for helping us have an awesome start to our forever.
    PC: silverfeatherstudios

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Overlook Barn 33
    Overlook Barn 34
    Overlook Barn 35
    Overlook Barn 36

Ellie Bautista · Married on 10/06/2018

Sacred Space

I cannot describe the feelings we had when we first arrived at Overlook Barn over a year before our wedding. We immediately teared up, imagining our wedding day taking place on that magical mountaintop. My (now) husband and I met at Appalachian State University and wanted a venue that captured the grandeur and beauty of the mountains where we fell in love. Overlook Barn was that place and so much more. Karen showed us around and made us feel like ours was the first ever wedding to take place there. She was so clearly excited for us and encouraged us to bring our own unique style and vision to the space. We knew from the moment we crested the hill this was where we wanted to seal our vows, but Karen allowed us to make our own choice without pressuring us.
    My favorite memories of the wedding include getting ready in the bridal suite (where the owners Katie and David left us the sweetest gift of champagne and a kind note wishing us well on our big day), hearing our wedding vows echo across the mountains, and looking back at the barn as we drove away, beautifully glowing in the distance. Overlook Barn is now sacred space for us and our families. We will never forget the feelings of love and joy that we experienced from the moment we set foot on the grounds. Thank you, Overlook, for sharing this beautiful piece of heaven with so many brides and grooms.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Overlook Barn 37
    Overlook Barn 38
    Overlook Barn 39
    Overlook Barn 40
    Overlook Barn 41

Overlook Barn's reply:

Ellie, your review and description of your big day warmed our hearts and brought tears to our eyes. Your day was so memorable (such incredibly stunning photos!!) and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience.

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2018

If you are looking for a wedding venue in the mountains with amazing views and backdrops, a professional team to work with and something very much worth your money... this is the place. We had our wedding in early October 2018, which was the perfect time of the year. Our guests raved about the venue and how beautiful it was. Some of the older guests said "Let's renew our vows here next year!" ha!. The price is well worth every penny, as it includes all your tables and chairs and you don't have to rent those. Also, another big perk is that you can bring your own alcohol onsite; huge cost savings there as well. The coordinator onsite, Karen, is flexible, dependable and an excellent communicator. Not one email of ours didn't go unanswered within 48 hours. AMAZING.
    Thank you to the Overlook Barn team for such a wonderful day.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thanks, Kristen!! You were soooo organized and easy to work with- we are honored to be a part of your big day. We hope to see you again when your guests renew their vows ;).
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/21/2018

A Dream Come True!!

I can not say enough good things about the Overlook Barn, from the moment I stepped onto the property (in January and covered in snow) to our sparkler lit exit on our September wedding night. Karen and Katie made me feel at ease immediately and answered every question I had, not matter how big or small. Banner Elk is a small place so it was so Karen/Katie were so helpful when I needed recommendations for other vendors and Karen even helped me find a babysitter, which was a life saver. I knew all would go great when I saw Karen on our wedding day. I wanted a venue that was already beautiful and and would just be enhanced with anything we decided to add and that is exactly what I found with Overlook...the views, the stringed lights, cross back chairs, etc. We could not be happier with how our day turned out and would recommend Overlook Barn to anyone interested in a NC Mountain wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Laura, thank you for your kind words. We are ecstatic to hear your experience. Best wishes to you and Taylor!

Melanie · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and met at App State and wanted to get married in the mountains. We found Overlook Barn online and when we went to go visit the venue we instantly fell in love with the barn and breathtaking views. The staff is amazing and fantastic to work with. Especially Karen, who guided us through the whole process. Anytime we called or emailed they were very quick to get back to us and always happy to answer all of our questions and had great suggestions. Everyone that attended our wedding had nothing but positive things to say about the venue. I would highly recommend booking them for your wedding! I haven't gotten the wedding pictures back yet, but here are some of my bridal portraits that were taken at Overlook Barn.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Overlook Barn 47
    Overlook Barn 48
    Overlook Barn 49

Overlook Barn's reply:

Melanie, thank you for this review and for posting some GORGEOUS photos. It's always fun having ASU alumn at Overlook and y'all were no exception!! Best wishes!!

Kaley · Married on 08/05/2018

Karen was awesome to work with and so organized! The barn was beautiful and all of our guests were amazed at the beauty of the view and venue!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Overlook Barn 50
    Overlook Barn 51

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thank you, Kaley! We loved hosting your gorgeous wedding and we appreciate your kind words :).

Addison · Married on 07/14/2018

This venue is truly incredible. The services, people, and experience is top of the line. My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams overlooking the beautiful mountains. Overlook Barn is the perfect escape for those getting married in the summer looking for an escape from the heat. The staff were responsive to every request that I had throughout the year and worked diligently to make our dream wedding come true. I will always remember the crisp mountain air and the breathtaking sight of the string lights dangling from the white barn. Thank you so much, Overlook Barn!!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Overlook Barn 52
    Overlook Barn 53
    Overlook Barn 54

Overlook Barn's reply:

Addy thank you for the thoughtful review!! Ya'll were so fun and sweet and it was an absolute pleasure to host your wedding at Overlook :).

Carrie · Married on 06/23/2018

What a fantastic venue! Karen was amazing & we received so many compliments from our vendors on how responsive & accommodating she was throughout the process. Everything was perfect! The grounds were well maintained, everything was set up exactly as we requested & we couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Thank you, Carrie! You were an absolute delight to work with! Thank you for your kind words.

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2018

The Overlook Barn is so gorgeous, the pictures do not do it justice. Everyone who attended told me they had looked at the website prior, but the barn blew their mind. The views are spectacular and even if rains, there's a plan for that! (it also only rains on the mountain for like 15 minutes and it's gone). I can't say enough about Karen, the manager. She has it together! She's there with you at your rehearsal and your wedding for whatever you need and she's SUPER responsive. We couldn't be happier that we booked this venue! Breathtaking and it doesn't even need that much decor because the barn itself is already so stunning!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Sarah thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review! We are so thrilled to hear your experience with Overlook Barn and with Karen. We loved your wedding and wish you two the absolute best!

Jen · Married on 05/26/2018

We had our wedding at the Overlook Barn May 26th, 2018 and I cannot say enough to compliment absolutely everything about our experience. The venue is spectacular and my guests, all of whom were from out of town, could not get over how beautiful the property, views, and barn were (neither could I!). When I was eating dinner at our reception, I took a moment and looked around at one point and felt like I had to pinch myself that my wedding was in such a beautiful place! We had our actual ceremony in Cliffside Barn, which is intimate and romantic (and served us well for the rainy day we had).
    Apart from the actual venue, the staff is so wonderful to work with. Karen especially was our go-to contact person and she was absolutely the best. No matter how many times I emailed her, she promptly responded with the information I needed. In all the chaos that comes with planning a wedding, she was so very helpful to me in figuring things out.
    If you are considering the Overlook Barn as your venue, I cannot recommend it enough. It truly is a magical spot in the mountains to celebrate a special occasion.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Overlook Barn's reply:

Our goal is to have an amazing venue and exceptional service so I'm so happy to hear we delivered for you! We loved your wedding and wish ya'll nothing but the best!

Taylor · Married on 05/19/2018

From the moment I first saw the Overlook Barn in a wedding magazine, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married! From the beginning, the Overlook Barn was kind and helped us every step of the way. We had a great wedding and would not change it for the world! We had to get married inside the barn as a back up plan due to rain, but it was still just as beautiful! 100% would recommend!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Overlook Barn 59
    Overlook Barn 60
    Overlook Barn 61

Overlook Barn's reply:

Taylor, thank you for the 5 star review, kind words, and for sharing these gorgeous photos!!

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2017

We had our dream wedding at Overlook Barn October 13, 2017. It was absolutely perfect, the leaves were changing and the town of Beech Mountain was a great getaway for all of our guests. We had a 120 person ceremony at Mary’s Meadow, cocktail hour at the Cliffside Barn, and the reception followed at Overlook Barn. Everything was absolutely perfect. The grounds are completely breathtaking and having the Cliffside Barn for cocktail hour is a must. The guest loved the intimate feel and views from Cliffside Barn and they were all in shock when they made their way over to the big barn for the reception. The Overlook Barn is so stunning by itself and the lights, booths, and rustic wood tables and chairs bring the reception to a new level. The barn is completely wired for everything you may want/need as far as sound and lighting goes. The balcony for the DJ is so perfect. Not only does it make for great sound but also frees up the dance floor. The Barn has a great team to help you with every need you may have all the way up to your big day. On wedding day they have a staff member there all day to help and answer anything you and your team may need. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. The venue is so stunning you must see it for yourself. We highly recommend.

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Overlook Barn 62
    Overlook Barn 63
    Overlook Barn 64
    Overlook Barn 65

Overlook Barn's reply:

Your wedding WAS a dream! So gorgeous and heartfelt. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others