Ooh lala Makeup by Joanne

Ooh lala Makeup by Joanne

Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

39 Reviews for Ooh lala Makeup by Joanne

Natural Makeup (1)
On-Site Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)

2.0

I had several opportunities to work with Joanne prior to my wedding. She was personable, down to earth and seemed like a really good listener. She even did a trial with my maid of honor. I was pleased with her work one on one. I had a large group of bridesmaids for the wedding so I asked Joanne if she could bring someone. She was really insistent that she works fast and alone. After several exchanges she did reluctantly agree to bring someone. The day of my wedding the person she was bringing came down with the flu. I felt like my make up was rushed. My face came out orange with lines on my neck in all of my photos. I'm unable to order anything without retouching it. It was really upsetting to me and I'm typically very easy-going. The morning of the wedding my photographer called her over to clean up some of the make up but it wasn't done thoroughly. Unfortunately, my pictures are proof of that. The bridesmaids all did natural make up instead of airbrushing. They came out looking great in the photographs so perhaps it was the airbrushing that was an issue. I would recommend Joanne only if the bride and maybe one other person is getting make up done. I would not recommend using Joanne if you have a big group. No bride wants a rush job on the day of her wedding and to be forever reminded when looking at pictures. It was extremely upsetting to see when I got the professional photos back. I did reach out to Joanne and she offered a free make up appointment. Which again was as responsive as she could be and was a good gesture but it can't replace the pictures. So again I would recommend Joanne if you're the only one getting make up done. Again you don't want to get a rush make up job on the important day.

Profile Picture Kristyn, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Really enjoyed working with Joanne for my wedding! Make-up was not overdone and lasted all day/night! Definitely recommend :)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Joanne is so easy to work with and her results tell it all! Me, my mother and my aunt, and my bridesmaids all received compliments all night long on our makeup! It was just enough glam mixed with a natural look: perfect for my special day! Joanne also is readily available as your upcoming big day approaches; she gets back to you quickly and thoroughly, all while calming your nerves and reassuring you you're in good hands. I can't wait to one day use her for another special event in my life. Book her NOW !!!!!!!

View Vendor Response