Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

39 Reviews for Ooh lala Makeup by Joanne

On-Site Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
39 Ooh lala Makeup by Joanne Reviews

2.0

I had several opportunities to work with Joanne prior to my wedding. She was personable, down to earth and seemed like a really good listener. She even did a trial with my maid of honor. I was pleased with her work one on one. I had a large group of bridesmaids for the wedding so I asked Joanne if she could bring someone. She was really insistent that she works fast and alone. After several exchanges she did reluctantly agree to bring someone. The day of my wedding the person she was bringing came down with the flu. I felt like my make up was rushed. My face came out orange with lines on my neck in all of my photos. I'm unable to order anything without retouching it. It was really upsetting to me and I'm typically very easy-going. The morning of the wedding my photographer called her over to clean up some of the make up but it wasn't done thoroughly. Unfortunately, my pictures are proof of that. The bridesmaids all did natural make up instead of airbrushing. They came out looking great in the photographs so perhaps it was the airbrushing that was an issue. I would recommend Joanne only if the bride and maybe one other person is getting make up done. I would not recommend using Joanne if you have a big group. No bride wants a rush job on the day of her wedding and to be forever reminded when looking at pictures. It was extremely upsetting to see when I got the professional photos back. I did reach out to Joanne and she offered a free make up appointment. Which again was as responsive as she could be and was a good gesture but it can't replace the pictures. So again I would recommend Joanne if you're the only one getting make up done. Again you don't want to get a rush make up job on the important day.

Profile Picture Kristyn, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Really enjoyed working with Joanne for my wedding! Make-up was not overdone and lasted all day/night! Definitely recommend :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Joanne is so easy to work with and her results tell it all! Me, my mother and my aunt, and my bridesmaids all received compliments all night long on our makeup! It was just enough glam mixed with a natural look: perfect for my special day! Joanne also is readily available as your upcoming big day approaches; she gets back to you quickly and thoroughly, all while calming your nerves and reassuring you you're in good hands. I can't wait to one day use her for another special event in my life. Book her NOW !!!!!!!

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne was such a pleasure to work with. She was super responsive and very flexible. She did such an amazing job with my bridesmaids makeup, my grandmother and myself. My makeup was flawless and lasted the whole day. I don't think I ever felt more beautiful. I really enjoyed working with Joanne and recommend her highly. Wish I had her everyday :)

Profile Picture Heather, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Very very happy with Joanne. Working with her was very easy, I felt like I was with a close friend. I love my makeup and it lasted all day through. Thanks so much!!!

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Hired Joanne for my recent wedding in may 2017. I found her on wedding wire, but did hear later that a friend had used her for a wedding a few years earlier with similar excellent results. She was so easy to work with and I would recommend her 100%. I booked my trial with her about 6 months out and the airbrush makeup lasted all day, although she also does traditional makeup, too. On the day of, Joanne came to my venue and made up myself, 6 bridesmaids, 2 moms and my aunt, all with airbrush and some with lashes. EVERYONES makeup looked flawless and lasted throughout the entire day and evening. The airbrushing was perfect and light, the eyes for everyone looked perfect and the lashes were great.

In general, throughout the entire process, I had no stress in regards to makeup, which was awesome. She was prompt, polite, affordable, helpful, and did beautiful makeup on everyone involved, not just myself.

Profile Picture Keri, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

From beginning to end, Joanne was such a pleasure to work with. On the day of my wedding, she did makeup for myself, my mother and 3 of my bridesmaids and she was so patient and professional with everyone. She really listened to each and every girl to get a sense of what they wanted and did a fantastic job executing it. Everybody looked amazing! My makeup was flawless and lasted throughout the day. If I could, I would love to work with Joanne again! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Liz, 4/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne is the best!!! Having a vendor who is super responsive and super flexibility during such a hectic time in life made everything so easy. Add that on top being amazing at her skill and make me feel like the prettiest bride!

Profile Picture Pam, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne did my makeup and my bridal party and we couldn't be happier . She was so professional and made us all look amazing . Makeup lasted all night . Wish I had her everyday . Higy recommend !

Profile Picture Keri, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne did an amazing job with my makeup for my wedding! She was on time, friendly, and very professional. She did all of my bridesmaids makeup as well as my mother and mother in laws. Everyone looked beautiful and my makeup stayed perfect the whole night even though it was 90+ degrees outside. I would highly recommend Joanne and would definitely use her again!

Profile Picture Tatianna, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I used Joanne's makeup services for my entire bridal party on June 11, 2016. She was extremely professional, showed up bright and early (before 6am!) to begin work, and did an amazing job. She was very good at taking a person's own skin tones and styles and making the makeup work with it. She did my daughter's makeup as well. My daughter has big brown eyes, and I couldn't believe how stunning her makeup came out. It was beautiful. She added lashes to several of us as well, and they lasted the entire day, looked realistic, and glamorous. I really enjoyed working with Joanne and would recommend her highly. Her personality was so easy going and down to earth. Everyone in my party liked her.

Profile Picture Kerri, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne is extremely talented and was such a pleasure to work with! She did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids and made us feel so gorgeous on my wedding day. So beautiful in fact that my best friend used her for her own wedding and her bridesmaids after my wedding. I would definitely recommend Tiffany for anyone that wants to look and feel like a princess on their special day!

Profile Picture User5475449, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Joanne did my makeup for my wedding in August she is absolutely amazing! She made me feel and look absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't have used anyone else she is simply amazing she listened to everything I wanted! I will be using her in the future for other events!

Profile Picture Maria, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne was amazing so happy the way my makeup looked! Received so many compliments and so did my bridesmaids. Highly recommend her she is great!

Profile Picture kelly, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne is AMAZING! I wanted to look as natural as possible and she did my makeup SO beautifully! We went over options at my trial and it came out perfect on my wedding day. The rest of my bridal party all loved their makeup as well. Joanne arrived early at my mom's house where we all got ready, was patient and friendly with all of us, and was extremely professional! I was so nervous to get my makeup done with the fear of looking overly done up but it truly came out natural and stunning! It lasted perfectly throughout my entire wedding and after-party! Cannot thank her enough!

Profile Picture Abby, 3/21/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne made me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! She is very friendly and makes you feel very comfortable. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for flawless makeup!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne did an excellent job on my wedding makeup! I felt beautiful. Joanne did some of my bridesmaids and maids of honor as well and everyone looked glowy and gorgeous. She is very easy to work with and sweet. I would highly recommend :)

Profile Picture Alanna, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

So happy I loved it :) Joanne was great! My makeup lasted all day and I had so many compliments. I will be using her again and so will friends and family for their next event.

Profile Picture Diane, 8/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne is fun and comfortable to work with and she did an amazing job getting me and my bridesmaids ready. I choose her because I wanted my makeup to look natural and elegant. The makeup lasted all day and my skin looked flawless. Having been a bridesmaid several times before I do not like to look overdone or not myself.

Profile Picture User3727147, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne is so talented and easy to work with! She is relaxed and professional and really has an eye for makeup and what will enhance everyone's natural features. She was on time the day of my wedding and even ended up doing makeup for two others girls that wanted it last minute. AND we were still ready on time. Everyone looked stunning!

Profile Picture Kate , 10/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne was wonderful!!! I am so happy with the makeup she did for me and my bridal party! Everyone looked beautiful! She showed up on time and was so organized and everything just ran so smoothly. She has been so patient and helpful throughout my planning. She responds quickly to emails and answered all of the questions I had.
It was an absolute pleasure to have her, and we looked gorgeous!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne was fantastic! Joanne did three of my bridesmaids, and my own makeup on the day of the wedding. Everyone was thrilled with how their makeup came out and I couldn't be happier with how I looked on my wedding day. No matter how far away from the wedding date it was, she always responded to my emails or text messages immediately. She was an absolute pleasure to deal with and is a great makeup artist!

Profile Picture lauren, 6/28/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne was great!! I had a day wedding and she was there promptly at 430 am to start getting the girls and I ready! I got so many compliments on my makeup, everyone telling me the makeup looked beautiful and natural but not overdone, just what I had wanted :) Thank you Joanne!

Profile Picture Jeannie, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne did an amzing job on my wedding makeup! She showed up to where I was getting ready at the exact minute we had set, helped me pick out what colors would look best on me and go with my day, and had me ready to go in under an hour. Everything was perfect and exactly as I wanted. The makeup was simple, soft, and beautiful. Everyone commented on how great I looked and wanted to know who had done my makeup. I would recommend her to anyone who looking for a makeup artist!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/17/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

What can I say—I felt beautiful and looked beautiful on my wedding day! Joanne did a great job of making me look natural but stunning, just what I wanted! I am notorious for doing a not-so-fabulous job with my own makeup, so as soon as I had the trial with Joanne, I knew I could rely on her to make me pretty on the day that mattered most. Plus, she is very affable and easy to talk to and work with, and I knew those all would be welcomed qualities in my home on that crazy wedding morning. I didn’t even have a trial with another beautician. She was at my house on time (and waited patiently for me as I was running a tad late at the hair dresser’s). She worked quickly, efficiently, and enthusiastically on me and two bridesmaids. When I saw myself in the mirror, I was thrilled! Never before have I been so pleased with the way I appeared in photos. I’m so glad she convinced me to try fake eyelashes—made all the difference in the world! When I got back to the hotel room that night, hours upon hours after having the makeup applied, it still looked fresh and amazing—I hated to take it off! I wish Joanne could do my makeup everyday! Only small objection I have is that I do wish she would have informed my bridesmaids of the small extra cost for the eyelashes, as they had not anticipated it. But other than that very minute thing, everything was fantastic. I highly recommend Joanne!

Profile Picture Jessie, 11/24/12, 9 Reviews