About Officially Hitched

I'm Rachael Tanner, your Wedding Officiant, co-creating a custom wedding ceremony with you!

Make it Official!

Congrats! You and your partner have decided to get married!  As you plan all the details of the big day, you may be wondering who will guide the ceremony so it lives up to your expectations.  You may be sorting through religious and cultural traditions, trying to knit together a ceremony that feels authentic.  You may be asking each other, how do we make this official?

You've come to the right place!  I can create a custom ceremony; one that is uniquely tailored to authentically represent your union.  I'll be your guide and co-creator, as we weave together ancient and contemporary, traditional and unconventional.

On the big day, I can solemnize the union with style, grace, and warmth.

About Rachael

PASSION + TALENT

I officiated my first wedding in July of 2016, for 2 dear friends—Dan and Melissa.  I  enjoyed working alongside them to create a ceremony that reflected their relationship.  I enjoyed the ceremony and received such encouraging feedback, I knew I’d love to offer this service to others.

This creative and spiritual endeavor combines my love of public speaking, strong writing skills, and my abiding faith in the divine and the conviction that we are sacred.

DIVERSITY + THE DIVINE

I was raised in--and still practice--the Protestant Christian tradition. I believe, however, there are many paths to the divine. I am ready to accept the presence or absence of faithI am comfortable in any cultural or religious tradition, including atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism.  I can and get along with just about anyone.

I grew up in the midwest, spent time out east, and now live here in San Francisco.  I am a bi-racial and well-traveled woman, eager to learn about the traditions that matter to you and your partner.

ORDINATION

I am ordained by American Marriage Ministries, a non-profit, interfaith and non-denominational church.  American Marriage Ministries believes that the choice of wedding officiant belongs to the couple.  Read more about this ordination here.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME

I grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan—a small city in southwest Michigan.  I attended the University of Michigan for undergrad, directed a faith-based non-profit in Kalamazoo, and then headed to pursue a graduate degree in City Planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

After a few years in Long Beach, California, my partner and I settled here in San Francisco.  I enjoy my day job as a city planner, as well as my hobbies: politics, performance, and being outdoors!

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: San Francisco

Follow Officially Hitched on

6 Reviews for Officially Hitched

User Photos
todo alt text

Rachael was so amazing! She was kind, attentive, and very well organized. She went above and beyond with meeting with us and writing our wedding ceremony. Everyone at the wedding greatly enjoyed everything she had to say. She was also very approachable after the wedding durring the reception. She is the best!!

Photo of Officially Hitched in San Francisco, CA - Best day of our lives.
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ashley, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I were so incredibly happy with our experience with Rachael. We eloped in San Francisco in a redwood forest, and Rachael was extremely flexible with us on our special day. We had several video meetings leading up to our elopement. Rachael was very clear and communicative and made sure she developed a close understanding of what our marriage ceremony meant to us. She helped us customize a ceremony that fit with our beliefs and on the eventual day she delivered the words eloquently and with grace. We were late to our ceremony and she waited for us with no complaints, of which we were very appreciative. She also made sure we understood all of the legal details that we'd need to take care of to be married in California. We highly recommend Rachael to anyone looking for an wedding or elopement officiant!

View Vendor Response

This deal has
SOLD OUT

Engagement Season

$650.00 Value | Promo Code: Season2018
$100 off a custom wedding ceremony! That brings the price to just $550! Book by February 2, 2018 to take advantage of this offer!
Offer Expires: 02/02/2018