Officially Hitched Reviews

20 Officially Hitched Reviews
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 09/30/2018

Perfect Ceremony!

We were so happy and honored that Rachael was the one to marry us. She was perfect from start to finish, and met with us multiple times to ensure we got the exact ceremony we wanted. She was able to effortlessly blend religious and non-religious elements, and best of all, made it interesting! Many of our guests were talking about the ceremony afterwards, and they were all very impressed! I cannot recommend Rachael enough.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

Thank you! You and Katie were gracious and delightful wedding hosts, and such a great couple to work with! I wish you the best!

Gigi · Married on 08/20/2018

We had a different set up for our wedding than most. We weren't from California and Rachael made sure our vows were exactly as we had hoped, professional, warm and friendly, fun and really a part of our whole day, not just there doing her task. I would recommend her to anyone and especially not being able to meet her in advance and going by phone conversations and reviews I can tell you she does NOT disappoint. The wedding wouldn't have been the same without her. :)

Sent on 09/25/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a treat to get to know you and your children. You have a lovely family. And it is so clear you cherish them. <3

Jacqueline · Married on 08/16/2018

Working with Rachel for our intimate ceremony in Muir Woods was maybe the best decision we made! From the getgo she was readily available and easy to work with. When we first hired her, it was for a small elopement, but two weeks before the ceremony we decided to invite others. She handled this change like the pro she is, without even missing a beat. Additionally, as a particularly unique pair of people, she was excellent at tailoring the ceremony to our particularly unique needs!

Rachael is the perfect choice for any couple, no matter what they have in mind, or don’t! We had barely any idea at the outset of what we wanted, but by the time we reached the woods, the ceremony was perfectly ours. So much so, that afterwards our family just could not stop complimenting what a wonderful job she did!

Her pricing options are clear, her communication is prompt but never over bearing, and her words are masterfully composed. I would *highly* recommend Rachael no matter whether you’re religious, part of the LGBTQ+ community, clueless about your ceremony, have the ceremony planned down to the last second, have an entire 300 person family, or are eloping with your beloved. You simply can’t go wrong with her :)

Timur · Married on 08/11/2018

After the ceremony, our guests were wondering how many years we have been friends with Rachael! This is how incredibly well and personal she was able to narrate our story through the ceremony.

We met three times, getting to know each other and collaborating on our ceremony and vows. She took our anecdotes, jokes, and stories and created a perfect narrative to tell the guests. She also helped us improve our vows through a series of questions. These have also helped her put together the ceremony.

Our wedding day was filled with warmth, showcased our personalities, and has left our guests saying it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever attended. We cannot recommend Rachael enough! She did an amazing job to help us create our own fairy tale wedding!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

I am so ecstatic :) I love you both and it does feel like we've known each other for years. First time anyone has said "fairy tale wedding"--which is great because I love fairy tales. Can't wait to see all life has in store for you! Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
  • Y

Yael · Married on 07/29/2018

Rachael worked with me and my fiance to create our wedding ceremony, which also included a love story about our relationship, and our vows. (We chose the combination DIY-with-consulting-package.) She was very easy to talk to and collaborate with, and provided us with a lot of thoughtful questions and resources so we could come up with ideas and write. She gave us useful feedback and suggestions that made our writing better. The ceremony Rachael designed was beautiful, meaningful, and thoughtful. Many of the guests I spoke to told me that they enjoyed the way she officiated the ceremony and her warm presence. Overall, she worked really hard and did an excellent job. Rachael, thank you so much for making the most important part of our wedding day as special and memorable as it could be.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

You are so generous! Seriously, you and Jason have amazed me with your generosity and spirit. I just can't say enough about how great you are! Thank you for allowing me the honor of marrying you!

Kellyne · Married on 07/15/2018

Rachael was so amazing! From the first phone call, she made my husband and I feel calm and taken care of. It was very important for us to have a more non-traditional approach to our ceremony without the mention of religion. She did an incredible job weaving together our love story, our love of nature, and the significance of our ceremony location (Muir Beach Overlook). She spoke the most beautiful words and truly created unique and personal ceremony. If we did it over again, we would choose Rachael a thousand times. You'd be very lucky to have her marry you!

Officially Hitched 1

Maddie · Married on 06/22/2018

My husband and I can't say enough glowing things about Rachael! Working with her on our wedding ceremony was a huge treat, especially amidst the many stresses of wedding planning. If you're looking for a warm, incredibly personable officiant with a calm but commanding presence—and one who can move comfortably between moments of sincerity and levity in your wedding ceremony—then look no further than Rachael. Over the course of a few months and many enjoyable Skype meetings, we worked together to craft a custom ceremony that felt 100% like us. Without Rachael's guidance, that wouldn't have been possible—we wouldn't have known where to start! But she was an amazing partner in that process, giving us tons of ideas and options about everything from readings, rituals/traditions, and the overall flow of the ceremony, while still remaining completely flexible based on the direction we wanted to take. (We were blown away when we read the finished product; Rachael is an amazing writer!) On our wedding weekend, she guided our nervous family members through the rehearsal, then delivered a flawless ceremony the next day—and as an awesome bonus, she wore a killer outfit and lipstick on our wedding day, so she's also a beautiful presence in all of our photos! Not only did I thoroughly enjoy working with Rachael as a wedding vendor and a consummate professional, I also felt like we gained a lovely friend in the process.

Sent on 08/11/2018
    Officially Hitched 2
    Officially Hitched 3

Officially Hitched's reply:

I am so stoked about this review. It means a lot that you feel like you have gained a friend, because I feel the same way. I hope to see you two up on your mountain ranch one day! Thank you for your compliment on my outfit an lipstick; it's a very high one since you were married in a snazzy sequined and beaded wedding gown--you are my style hero.

Alice · Married on 06/15/2018

Rachael was the best officiant that we could have asked for! She did a great job meeting with us before the wedding and walking us through the process of writing the ceremony. We were both pretty clueless about the different parts of the ceremony, so Rachael really helped us narrow down a vision and what parts were important to us. The ceremony ended up being the best part of the day, and so many of our guests said that it was the best ceremony they had seen! Rachael was so great to work with and was amazing on that day of- her voice projected well and she had great energy. Thanks for making our day so amazing!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

Soooo happy to make this day special. You two are so stinking cute--and love Kuldeep's corny side which jives with my own. Thank you again! Blessings on everyday you are together.

Leslie · Married on 06/03/2018

Working with Rachael to compose our wedding ceremony exceeded every expectation. I can't tell you how many compliments we had from our friends and family expressing their admiration of her and the ceremony that she performed. We wanted what felt like the impossible: an incredibly intimate wedding ceremony that was personal, emotional, and beautiful.....from a total stranger who lived over 400 miles away!! Once we read her testimonials and watched the video on her website, we knew she would be perfect. Every call or video chat we had with her was so therapeutic, in a way. Planning a destination wedding and buying a house at the same time was very stressful. Each call with Rachael grounded us, reminded us of why we were doing all of this, and forced us to slow down and re-focus. She has a wealth of resources, she is compassionate, funny, professional, and eloquent. Hiring Rachael was the best decision we made during this crazy process and I wish I knew more people in the Bay Area to recommend her to!!! Thank you so much Rachael, you are such a beautiful person and you are touching people's lives in such a meaningful way - thank you, thank you.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

Leslie, I can't tell you how encouraged and just warm this review made me feel. I feel affirmed in my work. Thank you for this gift! And also, for being my stand out DIY + Guide Bride and Groom! You worked hard on your ceremony and it was such a wonderful and authentic one for you and Sean. <3 <3 <3

Alisha · Married on 04/27/2018

My husband and I immediately connected with Rachael from Officially Hitched. She was very responsive and we were blown away with her professionalism. She honored our requests for the ceremony and provided great suggestions and ideas to put in as well. She had a great attitude and mentality that made her so easy to work with. She made the overwhelming task of our ceremony a breeze! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    Officially Hitched 4

Officially Hitched's reply:

It was such a treat to marry you! Anytime I connect with fellow Michiganders, it is extra special! Thank you for these kind words and for putting so much of your hearts into the ceremony. <3

Diana · Married on 03/31/2018

Rachael Tanner was completely amazing.. Not only is she affordable,reliable but also is interested in getting to know the couple. She takes great notes and incorporates as much as you tell her to. I wanted “The Rose ceremony” (something I looked up myself and a had meaning) she took her time to look into what into it! She’s super patient and understanding,easy to talk to, her vibe is so friendly and nice that you feel it over the phone.. I would definitely recommend her as a minister/officiant. Thank you so much again Rachael!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Officially Hitched 5
    Officially Hitched 6

Officially Hitched's reply:

Thank you!!! Thank you for this great review and the awesome photos.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/04/2018

Rachael was absolutely incredible! We knew we wanted her as our officiant from our very first phone conversation. Speaking with her felt so natural, and it was so easy to open up to her and let her in on our relationship. We met with Rachael 4 times before our wedding, where we went through every aspect of our ceremony. During these meetings, Rachael got to know us on a personal level, which enabled her to write the most beautiful ceremony we could have ever dreamed of! I cannot express how happy we are that we had Rachael as our officiant on our wedding day.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

You guys were so awesome. When I first learned about the unique wedding you had planned I thought, oh please pick me! You are such joys to work with. It was great working with a couple who share love of some of the same pop culture icons as me! You guys deserve all the goodness and happiness that life brings!

Misa · Married on 02/24/2018

Rachael you have a special gift. Thank you for helping our vision become a reality. So many of our friends commented on what a beautiful writer you are, and how gracefully you set the tone for the evening. You helped us create a moment full of joy and magic, that was truely sacred and now embedded in our hearts forever.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

My heart is so full. Thank you for sharing your story with me and for letting me be a part of this special ceremony. It was truly unique and left me feeling so inspired.

Ashley · Married on 12/09/2017

Rachael was so amazing! She was kind, attentive, and very well organized. She went above and beyond with meeting with us and writing our wedding ceremony. Everyone at the wedding greatly enjoyed everything she had to say. She was also very approachable after the wedding durring the reception. She is the best!!

Sent on 12/23/2017
    Officially Hitched 7

Officially Hitched's reply:

Kraig and Ashley are an amazing couple. They really let themselves feel the power and love of their wedding day and marriage. I LOVED working with you both. I feel so blessed to know you!

Peter · Married on 11/06/2017

Amazing - couldn’t think of anyone better to be present on your day. A true class act.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Officially Hitched's reply:

Thank you! Loved your intimate, heartfelt ceremony. And thanks for the rose!

Tom · Married on 09/09/2017

My wife and I were so incredibly happy with our experience with Rachael. We eloped in San Francisco in a redwood forest, and Rachael was extremely flexible with us on our special day. We had several video meetings leading up to our elopement. Rachael was very clear and communicative and made sure she developed a close understanding of what our marriage ceremony meant to us. She helped us customize a ceremony that fit with our beliefs and on the eventual day she delivered the words eloquently and with grace. We were late to our ceremony and she waited for us with no complaints, of which we were very appreciative. She also made sure we understood all of the legal details that we'd need to take care of to be married in California. We highly recommend Rachael to anyone looking for an wedding or elopement officiant!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Officially Hitched's reply:

You are a lovely couple!!! So happy to be a part of your romantic elopement. I wish you years of happiness! If you ever make it back to the bay area, please reach out. <3 <3 <3 ya!

Nova · Married on 06/25/2017

I am so thankful that I found WeddingWire cuz that means that I was able to find Rachel. I believe that she is the only person on the face of this Earth that could have married us she was the one chosen for us. I recommend everyone using Rachel on WeddingWire many blessings to come.

nathalie · Married on 06/16/2017

If you have the honor of having Rachel as your officiant, is going to be the best wedding ever... I´m not a person who does reviews, but in Rachel´s case she was so amazing, so perfect the ceremony that I must do it.... I totally recommend her... she is fantastic.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Officially Hitched's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! This means so much. I know it is heartfelt and authentic. I loved working with you and Vlad!

Melissa · Married on 07/02/2016

Rachael did a great job as our officiant. She helped us through the process of crafting the ceremony, keeping us on track with our writing assignments, providing feedback, and offering suggestions. Rachael astutely navigated working with two control freaks (us) who also needed plenty of help and guidance. She also led the rehearsal, which is no small feat to keep everyone in both our families on task. Then, she did an absolutely amazing job with the ceremony. She had a great presence...a mix of calm, reverential, and funny. We definitely recommend Rachael!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Officially Hitched's reply:

Melissa thank you so much for this review! It's great that even one year later you thought to drop by and leave a review!