18 Reviews for Officially Hitched

Rehearsal (1)
Licensed (1)
No Denomination (1)
18 Officially Hitched Reviews

Working with Rachel for our intimate ceremony in Muir Woods was maybe the best decision we made! From the getgo she was readily available and easy to work with. When we first hired her, it was for a small elopement, but two weeks before the ceremony we decided to invite others. She handled this change like the pro she is, without even missing a beat. Additionally, as a particularly unique pair of people, she was excellent at tailoring the ceremony to our particularly unique needs!

Rachael is the perfect choice for any couple, no matter what they have in mind, or don’t! We had barely any idea at the outset of what we wanted, but by the time we reached the woods, the ceremony was perfectly ours. So much so, that afterwards our family just could not stop complimenting what a wonderful job she did!

Her pricing options are clear, her communication is prompt but never over bearing, and her words are masterfully composed. I would *highly* recommend Rachael no matter whether you’re religious, part of the LGBTQ+ community, clueless about your ceremony, have the ceremony planned down to the last second, have an entire 300 person family, or are eloping with your beloved. You simply can’t go wrong with her :)

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 8/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

After the ceremony, our guests were wondering how many years we have been friends with Rachael! This is how incredibly well and personal she was able to narrate our story through the ceremony.

We met three times, getting to know each other and collaborating on our ceremony and vows. She took our anecdotes, jokes, and stories and created a perfect narrative to tell the guests. She also helped us improve our vows through a series of questions. These have also helped her put together the ceremony.

Our wedding day was filled with warmth, showcased our personalities, and has left our guests saying it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever attended. We cannot recommend Rachael enough! She did an amazing job to help us create our own fairy tale wedding!

Profile Picture Timur, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rachael worked with me and my fiance to create our wedding ceremony, which also included a love story about our relationship, and our vows. (We chose the combination DIY-with-consulting-package.) She was very easy to talk to and collaborate with, and provided us with a lot of thoughtful questions and resources so we could come up with ideas and write. She gave us useful feedback and suggestions that made our writing better. The ceremony Rachael designed was beautiful, meaningful, and thoughtful. Many of the guests I spoke to told me that they enjoyed the way she officiated the ceremony and her warm presence. Overall, she worked really hard and did an excellent job. Rachael, thank you so much for making the most important part of our wedding day as special and memorable as it could be.

Profile Picture Yael, 7/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rachael was so amazing! From the first phone call, she made my husband and I feel calm and taken care of. It was very important for us to have a more non-traditional approach to our ceremony without the mention of religion. She did an incredible job weaving together our love story, our love of nature, and the significance of our ceremony location (Muir Beach Overlook). She spoke the most beautiful words and truly created unique and personal ceremony. If we did it over again, we would choose Rachael a thousand times. You'd be very lucky to have her marry you!

Profile Picture Kellyne, 7/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I can't say enough glowing things about Rachael! Working with her on our wedding ceremony was a huge treat, especially amidst the many stresses of wedding planning. If you're looking for a warm, incredibly personable officiant with a calm but commanding presence—and one who can move comfortably between moments of sincerity and levity in your wedding ceremony—then look no further than Rachael. Over the course of a few months and many enjoyable Skype meetings, we worked together to craft a custom ceremony that felt 100% like us. Without Rachael's guidance, that wouldn't have been possible—we wouldn't have known where to start! But she was an amazing partner in that process, giving us tons of ideas and options about everything from readings, rituals/traditions, and the overall flow of the ceremony, while still remaining completely flexible based on the direction we wanted to take. (We were blown away when we read the finished product; Rachael is an amazing writer!) On our wedding weekend, she guided our nervous family members through the rehearsal, then delivered a flawless ceremony the next day—and as an awesome bonus, she wore a killer outfit and lipstick on our wedding day, so she's also a beautiful presence in all of our photos! Not only did I thoroughly enjoy working with Rachael as a wedding vendor and a consummate professional, I also felt like we gained a lovely friend in the process.

Profile Picture Maddie, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rachael was the best officiant that we could have asked for! She did a great job meeting with us before the wedding and walking us through the process of writing the ceremony. We were both pretty clueless about the different parts of the ceremony, so Rachael really helped us narrow down a vision and what parts were important to us. The ceremony ended up being the best part of the day, and so many of our guests said that it was the best ceremony they had seen! Rachael was so great to work with and was amazing on that day of- her voice projected well and she had great energy. Thanks for making our day so amazing!

Profile Picture Alice , 6/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Rachael to compose our wedding ceremony exceeded every expectation. I can't tell you how many compliments we had from our friends and family expressing their admiration of her and the ceremony that she performed. We wanted what felt like the impossible: an incredibly intimate wedding ceremony that was personal, emotional, and beautiful.....from a total stranger who lived over 400 miles away!! Once we read her testimonials and watched the video on her website, we knew she would be perfect. Every call or video chat we had with her was so therapeutic, in a way. Planning a destination wedding and buying a house at the same time was very stressful. Each call with Rachael grounded us, reminded us of why we were doing all of this, and forced us to slow down and re-focus. She has a wealth of resources, she is compassionate, funny, professional, and eloquent. Hiring Rachael was the best decision we made during this crazy process and I wish I knew more people in the Bay Area to recommend her to!!! Thank you so much Rachael, you are such a beautiful person and you are touching people's lives in such a meaningful way - thank you, thank you.

Profile Picture Leslie, 6/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I immediately connected with Rachael from Officially Hitched. She was very responsive and we were blown away with her professionalism. She honored our requests for the ceremony and provided great suggestions and ideas to put in as well. She had a great attitude and mentality that made her so easy to work with. She made the overwhelming task of our ceremony a breeze! I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Alisha, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, No Denomination

Rachael Tanner was completely amazing.. Not only is she affordable,reliable but also is interested in getting to know the couple. She takes great notes and incorporates as much as you tell her to. I wanted “The Rose ceremony” (something I looked up myself and a had meaning) she took her time to look into what into it! She’s super patient and understanding,easy to talk to, her vibe is so friendly and nice that you feel it over the phone.. I would definitely recommend her as a minister/officiant. Thank you so much again Rachael!

Profile Picture Diana, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rachael was absolutely incredible! We knew we wanted her as our officiant from our very first phone conversation. Speaking with her felt so natural, and it was so easy to open up to her and let her in on our relationship. We met with Rachael 4 times before our wedding, where we went through every aspect of our ceremony. During these meetings, Rachael got to know us on a personal level, which enabled her to write the most beautiful ceremony we could have ever dreamed of! I cannot express how happy we are that we had Rachael as our officiant on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/4/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Single Religion

Rachael you have a special gift. Thank you for helping our vision become a reality. So many of our friends commented on what a beautiful writer you are, and how gracefully you set the tone for the evening. You helped us create a moment full of joy and magic, that was truely sacred and now embedded in our hearts forever.

Profile Picture Misa , 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rachael was so amazing! She was kind, attentive, and very well organized. She went above and beyond with meeting with us and writing our wedding ceremony. Everyone at the wedding greatly enjoyed everything she had to say. She was also very approachable after the wedding durring the reception. She is the best!!

Photo for Officially Hitched Review - Best day of our lives.
Profile Picture Ashley, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amazing - couldn’t think of anyone better to be present on your day. A true class act.

Profile Picture Peter, 11/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I were so incredibly happy with our experience with Rachael. We eloped in San Francisco in a redwood forest, and Rachael was extremely flexible with us on our special day. We had several video meetings leading up to our elopement. Rachael was very clear and communicative and made sure she developed a close understanding of what our marriage ceremony meant to us. She helped us customize a ceremony that fit with our beliefs and on the eventual day she delivered the words eloquently and with grace. We were late to our ceremony and she waited for us with no complaints, of which we were very appreciative. She also made sure we understood all of the legal details that we'd need to take care of to be married in California. We highly recommend Rachael to anyone looking for an wedding or elopement officiant!

Profile Picture Tom, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I am so thankful that I found WeddingWire cuz that means that I was able to find Rachel. I believe that she is the only person on the face of this Earth that could have married us she was the one chosen for us. I recommend everyone using Rachel on WeddingWire many blessings to come.

Profile Picture Nova, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you have the honor of having Rachel as your officiant, is going to be the best wedding ever... I´m not a person who does reviews, but in Rachel´s case she was so amazing, so perfect the ceremony that I must do it.... I totally recommend her... she is fantastic.

Profile Picture nathalie, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rachael did a great job as our officiant. She helped us through the process of crafting the ceremony, keeping us on track with our writing assignments, providing feedback, and offering suggestions. Rachael astutely navigated working with two control freaks (us) who also needed plenty of help and guidance. She also led the rehearsal, which is no small feat to keep everyone in both our families on task. Then, she did an absolutely amazing job with the ceremony. She had a great presence...a mix of calm, reverential, and funny. We definitely recommend Rachael!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/2/16, 1 Review