Nearby Vendors to Consider

About NW Mobile DJ Service

A part of your event, never the focus
NW Mobile DJ Service is completely dedicated to creating events as unique and individual as you. Our experienced mobile DJ’s and MC’s pride themselves on providing high end, state-of-the-art sound quality, a diverse music collection, and affordable prices to suit your budget. All this wrapped in a positive and personal touch guaranteed to make your wedding an event to remember.  The DJ/MC will gladly handle any announcements and activities during your event. Our level of interaction can be anywhere from conservative to out-going. At any level, our style never steals the spotlight – we strive to be part of the event and not the focus.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Sound/PA System (7)
MC (3)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
Consultation (1)

We gave Kevin our song requests later than he wanted and he still pulled off everything amazingly! Literally the best music we've ever heard at a wedding. He and his partner worked so well with everyone, I cannot recommend these guys enough!

Profile Picture Brad , 7/30/18, 2 Reviews
2.1

I can't say I had a good experience with Kevin and NW mobile dj. Out of all the components of our wedding, music was absolutely the most important for me (bride). I attempted to communicate clearly what I was and wasn't looking for in our DJ, including a list of songs I requested not be played. One of the songs I explicitly asked for to not be played during the reception was literally the first song played on the dance floor. I also specifically requested no colored strobe lights during the receotion, which was also violated. I left the dance floor to have the DJ take it down. In addition, I tried to make a list of artists in a genre we were looking for for cocktail hour and dinner music (artists like Ray Lamontagne, Iron & Wine, Bon Iver and other acoustic/Indie folk music). The DJ's response was that we needed to make an exact playlist if we had certain artists we requested. I tried handling this professionally and geacefully through an email after the wedding and the feedback was well received (I believe) but I still would absolutely NOT recommend NW mobile to anyone if music is even slightly important. We essentially paid $1,000 for someone to play a playlist we created and then to completely butcher the dance portion. I completely regret trusting NW mobile.

Profile Picture Maija, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Kevin is great! Super personable and easy to work with. Provided great recommendations as far as timing and order of events for my wedding. Thanks Kevin for being so great and making the day run smoothly. Needless to say, he got lots of people on the dance floor with his song choices and timing.

Profile Picture Bailey, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1242189220296 kevjoey
220x220 sq 1242189337499 kissology
220x220 sq 1254377122531 img1223web
220x220 sq 1257876297254 01861
220x220 sq 1527228988 6862505111fa78d0 1527228988 78e47fae31727481 1527228986879 1 home 3 300w 340h
220x220 sq 1527228989 099b22fb1c61fb92 1527228988 361944e837d7a20e 1527228986882 2 home 4 300w 340h
220x220 sq 1527228989 be4a48e0eebbf2fe 1527228988 989cbc829b686b20 1527228986883 3 pic 26 340w p
220x220 sq 1527228989 9e1b4e419caae535 1527228988 effbd8f4b48f17d3 1527228986885 4 pic 37 340w p

19 ENDORSEMENTS
I've had the pleasure of officiating at more than one wedding where Kevin Venables has served as the music master and I have to say that bridal party and guests alike were delighted with his services.

Kevin is a pro who's been a DJ for a very long time. He's reliable, fun, and knows what he's doing. We've photographed weddings he's DJ'd many times, and love it every time!

I am always glad to see Kevin, when I arrive for a wedding. I have worked with him at dozens of weddings over the last decade, so I know I will not have to worry about his contribution to the ceremony. His performance is always flawless – whether it is coordinating the timing of music for your ceremony, to being a charming & witty Master of Ceremonies and skilled DJ who manages the flow at your reception. He knows what to do and how to do it to help make your wedding day stress free and memorable. There is a handful of DJs in the Portland Metro Area about whom I can say the same thing, more or less. Each one provides the highest level of service and performance quality. Each one has his or her own specific style and personality. Yet, no one is better than Kevin.

I had the pleasure of working with Kevin on couple occasions and also had a chance to chat with him at networking events. His style is unassuming and he is not trying to take over an event. He manages to get the crowd going without taking attention to himself. A great pro!

I have had the pleasure of working with Kevin for many years. He is very professional and has a wide selection of music. He makes the wedding, Cocktail Hour and Reception very enjoyable. He knows when guests want to visit and then when he becomes the MC for the reception the music is appropriate. He tries to get everyone involved. I cannot recommend Kevin more highly.

168 PROS I KNOW