NW Mobile DJ Service Reviews

129 | Portland, OR

129 Reviews for NW Mobile DJ Service

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 08/24/2019

This Bride gives two thumbs way up for NW Mobile DJ!

Thanks to Kevin & Eric at NW Mobile DJ Service, my wedding was absolutely perfect! I was relaxed and knew I didn't need to worry about anything because the DJ was on time, professional, had a fun and easy going presence, and most importantly was doing a superb job of following our event timeline and music playlist. All of our questions were answered in a timely manner and they always made us feel well taken care of. I had several guests personally tell me on the night of and even days after the wedding that we had the best DJ ever. And this bride agrees!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Hana

Hana Jensen · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Dj

We could not be happier with Eric from NW Mobile DJ Service! To be honest, I was talked into having a dj at our wedding and thought the idea seemed silly. I could not have been more wrong. Eric was so attentive, respectful and professional. He made the event personal and was able to be flexible and creative enough In the moment to make our wedding completely seamless. Even our guests were astounded by the ease in which everything moved! Our wedding was absolutely perfect, in large part, thanks to Eric!!♥️

Sent on 08/19/2019

Katy · Married on 08/02/2019

Kept The Party Hoppin'

Kevin did a fantastic job as the MC and DJ at our wedding earlier this month. He was very responsive via email and his prices are very reasonable compared to other vendors we researched (we hired him from 5-10pm)! We gave him a genre of music to play during dinner and then a short list of "please play" and "do not play" during the reception. He kept the majority of our guests out on the dance floor the entire night - some of them are STILL talking about how much fun they had! He was familiar with the venue and had worked with our wedding coordinator so he was able to do everything for the day without needing to ask us a thing! I would highly recommend hiring Kevin!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

DJ service for wedding

Daniel did such an amazing job at our wedding I am so glad he was part of our big day. He was very professional and very kind and a ton of fun. He nailed our song with our kiss and had creative fun dances to keep the party going. He was so positive and nice the entire night and was great communicating with me and the groom on how things were going and what was up next. I have only positive comments of this company from first e mail to last dance NW Mobile DJ Service was fantastic!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Kelsi Jensen · Married on 07/06/2019

Kevin is great!

Kevin was a great DJ at my wedding. During the planning he helped me with details that I wouldn’t have thought of. I did not want to be super specific with music choice, and he was able to find a good balance for the older and younger crowd at my wedding. He kept things running on time during the ceremony and reception and made my day so easy!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Sailei

Sailei Zhang · Married on 06/30/2019

Awesome service, very professional!

Kevin (the owner of the business) was awesome with all the prewedding communications, which made my preparation much easier. Erik was who we got for our DJ. He is absolutely amazing, very experienced and knows what to do when. All our guests love him !

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 06/22/2019

Great service

Kevin was good about reaching out to us prior about our song preference for the wedding. At the day of the wedding the DJ, Jen, did a great job. Was great about checking in with us about the events of the night and helping everything go smoothly. The dance floor was lively and we were very happy with them.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent!

Kevin was amazing to work with. Very prompt at responding to any questions or concerns that we had. Made sure everything was ready and taken care of before the wedding date. Day of Jen was amazing. She did a fantastic job checking in with our venue and us to make sure everything kept on schedule and went smoothly. She kept the dance floor alive and accommodated for the variety of musical tastes and ages.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Kirstin · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Dj

10/10 would recommend this company to anyone. We had the pleasure of having Kevin as our Dj. Very professional but also very friendly. Made things run very smoothly and you don’t have to worry about anything on their end all night. Was a little sad that I didn’t get to hear any of my requested songs, as they were played when husband and I were taken away for photos but that is entirely my fault for not communicating with Kevin my wishes on that part. Absolutely loved everything else.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Zandra

Zandra Asanovich · Married on 04/13/2019

Dance Party at an Amazing Price!

Kevin at NW Mobile DJ Services is amazing. He came highly recommended from my seamstress ‎‎(Andrea Hoyt) and wedding coordinator who had worked with him several times in the past. We ‎purchased the Golden Wedding Package (package #4) as we had the ceremony in the Library room of the Sentinel Hotel ‎and the reception in the Billiards room down that hall. With little guidance, other than the planned ‎dances, Kevin kept the dance floor packed. His price are very reasonable and possibly a steal with how ‎easy it is to communicate with him and how smooth the whole night run.‎

Sent on 08/21/2019

Kelly · Married on 12/16/2018

Kevin was the perfect DJ for our wedding!

I met Kevin at the Portland Bridal Show, and immediately knew that he would be the right fit for our wedding. I hired Kevin to do my reception, and he was great! Easy to work with prior to the wedding and amazing at the wedding. He was a great MC and took some non-verbal cues to stop some of the planned dances a little early. Our group wasn't a big "dancing/ party" crowd but he still managed to keep people on the dance floor. Toward the end of the wedding most of the guests were gone and he spent the last hour just playing whatever my groom or I asked for. It was perfect, thank you so much Kevin!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/22/2018

Kevin was wonderful to work with leading up to my wedding, very responsive and answered all of my questions. In fact, I submitted several requests for quotes to various DJ's in the Portland Metro area for my wedding and Kevin called me back within hours - so fast and faster than all the others!! I was so impressed with this, I thought it said a lot about his commitment to his business and customers. So, after the phone call, I didn't even hesitate to go with NW Mobile DJ Services for my wedding.

The assigned DJ for our wedding was Eric, he was fabulous and all of our guests were complimentary of his presence, helpfulness, friendliness, flexibility, and easy-going attitude. We couldn't have asked for a more positive experience with NW Mobile DJ Services!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/02/2018

Kevin knocked it out of the park at our wedding. Not only did he accommodate all of our requests, he added in some really amazing song choices of his own for our grand entrance and cake cutting. He really "got" us right away. We got the karaoke package as well which was an absolute blast. I actually had a hard time getting people to STOP requesting songs at the end of the night. He and his partner were super fun and got the whole room involved. Thank you, Kevin! You really made this an unforgettable event!!

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/31/2018

I was super clear with what music I wanted... spreadsheet and timeline. That makes things for the DJ and also to ensure that you're happy and not surprised with unwanted music.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Sara · Married on 08/11/2018

No question, best DJ in Portland and beyond. Kevin was a joy to work with, and made one piece of what was a slightly-chaotic-to-plan wedding, completely stress free. He keeps it simple and straightforward for client, but has an incredibly keen eye for detail.

On site/day of, Richard was AMAZING. I could not have asked for a better DJ for my client. He went with the flow (which included a quick summer shower!), had a smile on his face the entire time, and knew how to read a crowd perfectly.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Brad · Married on 07/30/2018

We gave Kevin our song requests later than he wanted and he still pulled off everything amazingly! Literally the best music we've ever heard at a wedding. He and his partner worked so well with everyone, I cannot recommend these guys enough!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Bailey · Married on 06/30/2018

Kevin is great! Super personable and easy to work with. Provided great recommendations as far as timing and order of events for my wedding. Thanks Kevin for being so great and making the day run smoothly. Needless to say, he got lots of people on the dance floor with his song choices and timing.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Chris · Married on 05/27/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars I would, their services were impeccable. Kevin was fantastic to work with. Everything was so smooth and easy. He kept the party alive throughout the night and skillfully tailored the playlist to the crowd. He really listened to our minimal guidance and, with the wide discretion we gave him, absolutely nailed everything. He even caught a single line in the Maid of Honor's speech that was pulled from a super obscure song and played that song soon afterward without being prompted. He adds extra value for being an excellent MC. Throughout the planning and execution he was friendly, professional, responsive, and courteous. We couldn't have been happier with his services!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Kasey · Married on 10/28/2017

I've hired Kevin and NW Mobile DJ Service multiple times for work events, and when it came time for my own wedding, I knew there was no one else I would want as my DJ. Kevin (the owner) is a class act, and I had multiple compliments throughout the night by my wedding guests about how great the music was. He was professional and responsive leading up to the event, and the night of, was happy to take requests, tell us where we were supposed to be and when, and help in anyway he could. I would recommend Kevin and NW Mobile DJ Service all day long!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/27/2017

I don't usually leave reviews unless I'm blown away... But as I keep looking back on my wedding (October 27, 2017 at Bella Via in Sherwood), the music was one of my favorite things about it. Kevin exceeded our expectations. We had a quick meeting a week or so before the wedding, and I'd submitted a long list of requests... During that meeting, it became apparent that he had already thought of everything, and any anxieties I had were instantly quashed. Music can make or break an event, and I had a variety of people I wanted to please. My grandma had asked me before the wedding whether the music would be too loud or obnoxious, and after the wedding she made it a point to let me know that the music was perfect. The right volume, the right songs at the right times, and songs/genres that everyone would love. As a DJ, he also managed to have that perfect balance between being there & interjecting at the right moments to get people to dance/announce what would be happening next, but also not being overbearing or annoying. He blended right in to the event, and I don't have a single complaint. His prices also seemed comparable to other DJs, if not slightly more affordable from what I saw during my research. Either way, he was well worth every penny, and I would recommend him highly to anyone - even people who are thinking of saving money by having an amateur do the music. Don't! Trust me, that is something you don't want to be worrying about the day of.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

We had a great experience with NW mobile DJ service. Our DJ was so kind and nice. He kept the party going even when it was raining. We even ended up paying for an extra hour! Thank you!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Leigh · Married on 08/05/2017

Kevin was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding day. He was so calm, approachable, and completely accommodating to us when we wanted to switch something, or when something didn't go just as planned. We felt so taken care of, and loved that he just wanted us to have the perfect day, and he was going to make sure thats what happened. We loved having Kevin be our DJ! so thank you Kevin! and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2017

We had the pleasure of working with NW Mobile DJ for our wedding and could not have been more thrilled with that decision. They were incredibly easy to work with and made the experience stress free. We could not recommend them more!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Aynsley · Married on 07/08/2017

Kevin was awesome! He was prompt to reply to emails and he did a great job managing the flow of our event. No cheesy gimmicks--just good music, which we really appreciated! I would recommend NW Mobile DJ to all brides!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2017

We were so incredibly pleased with Kevin and NW Mobile DJ! Kevin is not one of those "annoying" DJs who talks too much; he is extremely professional and had everyone at our wedding out dancing on the dance floor. He was right on cue and stayed true to the timeline; also very reasonably priced. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2017