113 Reviews for NW Mobile DJ Service

MC (3)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
Consultation (1)
113 NW Mobile DJ Service Reviews

We gave Kevin our song requests later than he wanted and he still pulled off everything amazingly! Literally the best music we've ever heard at a wedding. He and his partner worked so well with everyone, I cannot recommend these guys enough!

Profile Picture Brad , 7/30/18, 2 Reviews
2.1

I can't say I had a good experience with Kevin and NW mobile dj. Out of all the components of our wedding, music was absolutely the most important for me (bride). I attempted to communicate clearly what I was and wasn't looking for in our DJ, including a list of songs I requested not be played. One of the songs I explicitly asked for to not be played during the reception was literally the first song played on the dance floor. I also specifically requested no colored strobe lights during the receotion, which was also violated. I left the dance floor to have the DJ take it down. In addition, I tried to make a list of artists in a genre we were looking for for cocktail hour and dinner music (artists like Ray Lamontagne, Iron & Wine, Bon Iver and other acoustic/Indie folk music). The DJ's response was that we needed to make an exact playlist if we had certain artists we requested. I tried handling this professionally and geacefully through an email after the wedding and the feedback was well received (I believe) but I still would absolutely NOT recommend NW mobile to anyone if music is even slightly important. We essentially paid $1,000 for someone to play a playlist we created and then to completely butcher the dance portion. I completely regret trusting NW mobile.

Profile Picture Maija, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Kevin is great! Super personable and easy to work with. Provided great recommendations as far as timing and order of events for my wedding. Thanks Kevin for being so great and making the day run smoothly. Needless to say, he got lots of people on the dance floor with his song choices and timing.

Profile Picture Bailey, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I've hired Kevin and NW Mobile DJ Service multiple times for work events, and when it came time for my own wedding, I knew there was no one else I would want as my DJ. Kevin (the owner) is a class act, and I had multiple compliments throughout the night by my wedding guests about how great the music was. He was professional and responsive leading up to the event, and the night of, was happy to take requests, tell us where we were supposed to be and when, and help in anyway he could. I would recommend Kevin and NW Mobile DJ Service all day long!

Profile Picture Kasey, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don't usually leave reviews unless I'm blown away... But as I keep looking back on my wedding (October 27, 2017 at Bella Via in Sherwood), the music was one of my favorite things about it. Kevin exceeded our expectations. We had a quick meeting a week or so before the wedding, and I'd submitted a long list of requests... During that meeting, it became apparent that he had already thought of everything, and any anxieties I had were instantly quashed. Music can make or break an event, and I had a variety of people I wanted to please. My grandma had asked me before the wedding whether the music would be too loud or obnoxious, and after the wedding she made it a point to let me know that the music was perfect. The right volume, the right songs at the right times, and songs/genres that everyone would love. As a DJ, he also managed to have that perfect balance between being there & interjecting at the right moments to get people to dance/announce what would be happening next, but also not being overbearing or annoying. He blended right in to the event, and I don't have a single complaint. His prices also seemed comparable to other DJs, if not slightly more affordable from what I saw during my research. Either way, he was well worth every penny, and I would recommend him highly to anyone - even people who are thinking of saving money by having an amateur do the music. Don't! Trust me, that is something you don't want to be worrying about the day of.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a great experience with NW mobile DJ service. Our DJ was so kind and nice. He kept the party going even when it was raining. We even ended up paying for an extra hour! Thank you!

Profile Picture Katie , 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Kevin was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding day. He was so calm, approachable, and completely accommodating to us when we wanted to switch something, or when something didn't go just as planned. We felt so taken care of, and loved that he just wanted us to have the perfect day, and he was going to make sure thats what happened. We loved having Kevin be our DJ! so thank you Kevin! and we highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Leigh, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had the pleasure of working with NW Mobile DJ for our wedding and could not have been more thrilled with that decision. They were incredibly easy to work with and made the experience stress free. We could not recommend them more!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Kevin was awesome! He was prompt to reply to emails and he did a great job managing the flow of our event. No cheesy gimmicks--just good music, which we really appreciated! I would recommend NW Mobile DJ to all brides!

Profile Picture Aynsley, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so incredibly pleased with Kevin and NW Mobile DJ! Kevin is not one of those "annoying" DJs who talks too much; he is extremely professional and had everyone at our wedding out dancing on the dance floor. He was right on cue and stayed true to the timeline; also very reasonably priced. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I have slightly different tastes in music and neither of us like the super popular music you usually hear at weddings. Kevin totally accommodated us and was very responsive to emails and very professional!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Kevin, the head honcho, was incredibly quick in responding to emails and phone calls. We had a destination wedding, so we kept our fingers crossed that everything would go smoothly and had to hope the great reviews of NW Mobile DJ Service would be true for our day. We were not disappointed! Mick DJ'ed our wedding ceremony and reception - he was fantastic - arrived early, kept the reception flowing seamlessly, and had EVERY SINGLE person on the dance floor at the end of the night. Mick and Kevin surpassed our expectations! We would recommend NW Mobile DJ Service for any event.

Profile Picture Leah, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Kevin was INCREDIBLE. He made the process a total breeze, and was easily one of the best vendors I worked with during the process. He is a true pro, helpful, responsive, and just the right amount of laid-back...we were so glad with our decision to use NW Mobile DJ. A DJ can totally make or break a wedding, and Kevin went above and beyond to make sure the entire ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception went off without a hitch and he kept the party rolling.

Profile Picture Alicia, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones

Kevin was just amazing and he got EVERYTHING right, it was so nice that we didn't have a thing to worry about while the ceremony and reception was going on. He got every song we requested and his timing was just perfect! We would highly recommend NW Mobile to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Chad, 7/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our son and daughter got married 5 days apart, last month, and we used NW Mobile DJ for both weddings. They did an outstanding job! As a sleepless mother, each time, I was so thankful they kept both receptions moving along smoothly. We had great music, great atmosphere and a packed dance floor at both events. Kevin also did the outdoor ceremony music & mics for the 2nd wedding, followed by an indoor reception..... timely & well executed! Kevin and his team are true professionals to work with and I would not hesitate using them again.

Profile Picture Debbie, 7/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We could not be happier with the service these guys provided. Kevin and his team responded to all our questions and concerns quickly and professionally. Even when we needed to make significant last minute changes it was no problem! David kept our dance floor packed from 7pm until they kicked us out at midnight. He was a pleasure to be around and work with, and rolled with the punches like a champ. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ, and we could not be more pleased with them. Thank you again Kevin and David!

Profile Picture Geoff, 6/4/16, 1 Review
4.7

I used NW Mobile DJ Service for my 50.5 Birthday Bash! It was wonderful working with Kevin, and Howard and Bryan (the DJs at the party) rocked it! Everyone had a great time and cannot stop talking about how much fun they had! Thank you! I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Joye, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System

Wow -- I'm super impressed with Kevin and his business. Our wedding was at an unestablished venue and though I am a wedding coordinator, I was a bit worried about the power and sound situation with the layout I had. Kevin came out in the POURING rain 48 hours prior to my wedding and did a walkthrough, that felt really silly and unneeded once it was done. BUT, that he was willing to do it was awesome! He responded well to my requests, and definitely felt the audience well for the wedding. He kept by the timeline and we were nearly on point throughout the night with his assistance. Since the wedding, I have referred him and can now look forward to coordinating events WITH him as a fellow vendor. Thank you Kevin for being so great! People were RAVING about how perfect the music, sound, and ambiance was!!!

Profile Picture User4697372, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System
4.1

We only rented a sound system, so it was not the whole experience of having a DJ and MC for our wedding. Kevin (Head Hancho) was very punctual and efficient, but when he came to pick up the sound system, he left before we had a chance to thank him or give him a tip.

Profile Picture Angelyn, 9/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Kevin did an amazing job at our wedding!!! He was incredibly quick to respond to all emails/calls and flexible with all our needs and wants. We had our wedding at my parents farm in Salem and he did a walk through with me to make sure we had adequate sound for our large, outdoor ceremony which was extremely helpful! He was completely professional and engaged well with guests as our MC. He also helped my brother surprise me with a slideshow at the wedding which was awesome!

I can't recommend NW Mobile DJ enough! Thank you so much Kevin!!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow! Where do we begin with our PRAISE and ADMIRATION and THANKS for THE BEST WEDDING EVER!
Kevin was, without a doubt, the reason that we had SO MUCH FUN at our wedding. Kevin was so easy to get along with and an incredibly communicator. We asked for some adjustments to be made to our overall timeline and Kevin responded so quickly. He got the party going and kept it going until our rental was up at the venue. What we so appreciated about Kevin was that it wasn't about him or him on the mic - he played awesome music and made it about US! We didn't feel like it was "the dj" running the show.

We cannot sing Kevin's praises any louder. I promise you - Kevin is THE GUY to have at your wedding. It was the HAPPIEST day of our lives and Kevin made it all possible. Thank you - from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture User5406147, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Really great experience working with NW Mobile DJ Service. Did a great job with all aspects of the wedding - ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, after dinner dancing. Really helped make our wedding an amazing experience.

Profile Picture User5311915, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Kevin was amazing! My biggest concern was that no one was going to dance, we had been to a few weddings this summer where no one danced and it felt awkward. The dance floor was packed the entire night, we had to tell Kevin to start winding down the music because we had a curfew being an outdoor wedding on the Lake in Lake Oswego and we needed people to leave. He has a great ability to pick up the vibe of the guest and play what works to keep people dancing. The comments we have heard from guests about the music has been fabulous and we had guest ranging in age from 12-75. Highly recommend Kevin!!

Profile Picture Steve, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Played the wrong father/daughter dance, but otherwise perfect!

Profile Picture Marisa, 8/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys stepped in last minute due to a hiccup with our original DJ and did a fabulous job. They were responsive with emails and everything sounded just as it was envisioned.

Profile Picture Jolene, 8/2/14, 10 Reviews