Newport, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number

About Nancy Paolino & the Black Tie Band

Music to Inspire Dance. Nancy Paolino and The Black Tie Band is a first-called special event dance band in the Northeast. The BTB has been selected by The Knot and Modern Bride national publications as one of the best bands in the country and is also featured in Rhode Island Monthly as "Not Just Another Wedding Band." The Black Tie Band is well-known for creating an elegant environment filled with energy and fun that inspires even the "non-dancer" to jump onto the dance floor and move.

Incorporated in 1995, Nancy Paolino and the Black Tie Band has been receiving rave reviews since inception. Performing in a live format exclusively, the band features piano, bass, guitar, drums and Nancy as lead female vocalist. There is a total of five vocalists in the band altogether. Saxophone and trumpet may be added to the core group as an upgrade option.

From the Rhode Island Governor's Ball and National Governors' Convention to the most elegant weddings on Bellevue Avenue in Newport, the Black Tie Band enjoys an extraordinary reputation. The BTB is a leader in the industry and maintains a strong and impressive performance history. With a repertoire that exceeds over 900 songs, you'll be able to relax and enjoy your carefully planned wedding knowing that whether the music was written yesterday or decades ago, the BTB is ready to perform for every audience it encounters.

stu with dancers
bde83201d6012765 Color at Eisenhower
black tie 22

18 Reviews for Nancy Paolino & the Black Tie Band

Lindsay · Married on 12/02/2017

This band MADE our wedding! Guests were up and dancing literally before dinner was even served and didn't stop until our venue closed down at midnight. Nancy was wonderful to work with even though we were somewhat last minute turning in our song choices for the first dances. She communicated with my then-fiance throughout the planning process. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Emma · Married on 05/21/2016

Nancy Paloino and The Black Tie Band are absolutely the best! I first contacted Nancy on a week night around 9:30 PM, not expecting to hear back until the day after. Nancy immediately responded via email and said she was available to chat that night. From day one, I was blown away. Nancy has the sweetest demeanor and is extremely professional. She’s so easy to get along with and worked with us so that we felt comfortable and happy throughout the entire process.
    Nancy understood that we were 7 hours away and was flexible in the way she conducted arranging the contracts. We made a special trip to go and see the band in Warwick and were blown away. The band had EVERYONE up and dancing the entire night. The audience was definitely an older crowd and literally everyone was so pumped to hear them play and to party the whole night. We knew as soon as they started playing that they just HAD to be our band.
    Nancy made a specific point to come up and say hi to us that night- proving that she always goes above and beyond. After we booked, we saw them play again at Easton’s beach one night and everyone who came with us agreed that they were phenomenal. Again, they had EVERYONE up and dancing. It was so fun!
    Nancy chatted with us several times and helped make recommendations for songs. We walked down the aisle to acoustic guitar and vocals of The Beatles “I Will” and I still get chills thinking about it. It was absolutely perfect! Nancy also set up a microphone outside for us to use during the ceremony.
    Nancy did a great job keeping things moving during the day and even took special requests from our guests. Absolutely everyone commented on how wonderful they sounded, how they kept the party going, and how nice and friendly the entire band was. From the time they played “Sweet Caroline” and had my 92 year-old Great Aunt up on the dance floor, to the last song “500 Miles” everyone was up and having an absolute blast!
    I’m so grateful for Nancy and all members of TBTB!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Christine · Married on 10/12/2014

Nancy Paolino and the Black Tie Band were the heart and soul of our wedding. All of the guests had a blast at our wedding and they were the key. My best friend told me the following day that his “feet needed to be amputated” from dancing so much because every time he went to take a rest another great song would come on.

Basics: We hired the band for 4 hours, added a 5th hour, added an extra band member (John LeClaire on sax) and booked the pianist for our cocktail hour. Worth. Every. Penny.

Pre-Wedding: I communicated back and forth with Nancy for months and months leading up to the wedding. I have an anxious, indecisive and overall neurotic personality and peppered her with a lot of questions. She couldn’t have been more awesome to deal with. She was one of the nicest people I’ve ever done business with and assured me repeatedly to ask her anything, no matter how stupid I thought it was. She was incredibly responsive, professional and gave great input which I valued (no doubt stemming from her years of experience). I even asked if I could change our first dance song 2 weeks prior and she graciously agreed without batting an eye. THEN during our wedding, she went ahead and sang BOTH our original request and our new request. Now I feel like we have two special songs.

Wedding: Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Seeing them play at Camille’s turned out to be only a small taste of what we were in for as they were slightly more understated to adhere to the restaurant’s atmosphere. We had high expectations but they wow-ed us completely. We danced our hearts out. The dance floor was on fire the entire night. There was a dance circle with guests taking turns in the middle PRE-dinner. PRE-DINNER!! A few more dance circle’s, several dance-offs and two conga lines later and guests were exhausted, happy and raving about "the band" for days to come.

In Conclusion: If you want your wedding to rock book them - I promise, you will not be sorry.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Nancy Paolino & the Black Tie Band FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Classic Rock, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Liability Insurance

• James Anthony Photography
    James Anthony Photography Wedding Photographers

one of the best bands in RI...Nancy and the gang are a superb addition to any event!!

• Newport Newport, 02840 See on map