1649 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Guest capacity 5 to 150
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Museum of Photographic Arts

Museum of Photographic Arts is a wedding venue in San Diego, California. This unique art gallery venue provides an elegant and sophisticated location for weddings, engagement parties and rehearsal dinners. The contemporary and innovative design makes a unique environment that is sure to leave a lasting impression on you and your guests.

Facilities and Capacity
Museum of Photographic Arts has two event spaces that are available, each with their own unique style and amenities. The David C. Copley Atrium can fit 140 seated guests, and 200 guests cocktail-style. The Joan and Irwin Jacobs Theater has a maximum capacity of 226 guests.

This venue offers event planning services and event rentals in order to ensure that all of your needs are met for the best possible wedding day. The staff at the Museum of Photographic Arts can also provide setup and cleanup assistance, and there is wireless Internet available on-site.

49f39add10a3c099 1530224166 d6cf8fced279fb05 1530224165479 18 Atrium 3

Museum of Photographic Arts 1
Museum of Photographic Arts 2
  • F

Fan · Married on 05/12/2018

We just had our reception at the MOPA and we could not be happier! The place is amazing and very classy! I was a "lazy" bride... I had 4 months to plan everything and the MOPA and Balboa park was love at the first sight :). We did the ceremony outdoor but the MOPA also has an indoor theatre can be used for the ceremony. But having the option to do the ceremony outdoor right there was an instant attraction for me.
    Melissa, the special event manager at the MOPA is the best! She gave me so many great ideas and helped me to get the permit for the outdoor ceremony, planned the floor and seating, very promptly answered all of my last minute questions! We had a small wedding (36 people). With very nicely positioned tables, the space was like perfectly sized for the event. The best part of the venue is that we don't need to decorate it! Because all of the exhibits were stunning decoration by themselves. With uplights brought by the DJ, the place was stunning! We and the guests had so much fun and I can't say enough of it! Thank you, MOPA!!!

Sent on 05/18/2018
    Museum of Photographic Arts 3
    Museum of Photographic Arts 4

Morgan · Married on 03/02/2018

Ever since moving to San Diego, I had always dreamed of a wedding in Balboa Park. I had never been to the MOPA before, but when I found glowing reviews of it online and saw the pictures of it, I was immediately in love. Fortunately, my now husband loved it too. It was the only venue we actually visited because once we saw the space in person and met Melissa the coordinator, we knew that was where we wanted our reception. Melissa is an absolute joy and made the planning process not only easy and stress free, but fun! When there was a change in the exhibit, Melissa and the MOPA Director worked with us to make sure that our vision could still come to life. And when the forecast said rain (and our ceremony and cocktail hour were both planned for outside), Melissa worked with us to come up with a great backup plan (which we thankfully didn't need). I could go on and on about the night itself, but let me just say, it was PERFECT. When I walked in for the first time, I was overwhelmed by how gorgeous the everything looked and with a wedding of 60 people, the place felt spacious but cozy. The MOPA staff was amazing, as was the recommended caterer, and best of all, our guests, LOVED it, and loved that they got to walk around and check out the art and activities. In the end, we had the perfect wedding with a unique juxtaposition between our ceremony and cocktail hour in front of the Botanical Building and then the reception in the sleek, modern MOPA.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Museum of Photographic Arts's reply:

It was so fun to work with you and Sean to plan your wedding! I am still swooning over that color palette and all your dreamy decor choices. (Hunter green is my favorite.) Thank you for choosing MOPA as your venue and sharing your special day with us!

Museum of Photographic Arts Pricing

Museum of Photographic Arts Price Rates

Museum of Photographic Arts FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,150.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 4,150.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 200.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 200.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 150
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 5
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Art Gallery, Historic Building, Museum, Park
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Pet Friendly, Preferred Vendors Only, Set Up, Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide? Outside Alcohol
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking

• TOAST Catering
    TOAST Catering Wedding Caterers

The Museum of Photographic Arts is a beautiful venue! Toast Catering has been on the preferred list for 11 years. We love the staff and all of the services they provide with the venue. A great location is hold your Wedding or any Corporate Event. They recently remodeled with beautiful flooring with a very modern artistic atmosphere. Any style wedding looks fantastic in this space. The entire team at The MOPA we love!

• 1649 El Prado San Diego, California, 92101 See on map