The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe

Rancho Santa Fe, CA View map Visit website

A uniquely private wedding venue in Rancho Santa Fe, California, The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe is currently reserving into 2022 with just one wedding per day. Providing a natural background of gardens and lush greenery, the venue offers the perfect balance of indoor and outdoor spaces. In addition, they can also accommodate requests for off-site ceremony options for a beach cliff wedding ceremony.

Facilities and Capacity
A guest list of up to 300 attendees can be accommodated at The The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa FeSecret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe. Ceremony as well as Cocktail Hour are held outside among the beautiful grounds, with indoor Reception to follow. Indoor reception space flows out toward the garden and features floor to ceiling windows providing a view of the garden throughout the entire event. The venue is just a short, five-mile drive from beautiful California beaches that offer beach cliff ceremony options, if preferred. Couples are welcome to explore this alternative ceremony option prior to their cocktail hour and reception at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe. Wedding parties can also make use of the get-ready rooms for dressing areas prior to the event. The facility itself is a pet-friendly venue, and also has on-site parking, shuttle service referrals, and wheelchair access into the space.

The all-inclusive wedding packages at the venue include event coordination, design, catering, bar service, and every key wedding vendor needed for an incredible wedding. Photography, Floral Design, DJ Service and Specialty Decor are all available. Staff at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe are available to assist with set up and clean up for each occasion, and can assist with the venue’s event rentals of additional decor as needed.

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
Open Bar
Outside Alcohol
Signature Drink

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Furniture
Lighting
Photo booth
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

March
August
September
October
November

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Erin
    Erin A. Married on 06/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We adore the Secret Garden!

The Secret Garden is a true gem in the wedding industry! My husband and I recently were married there, in June 2022. Choosing the Secret Garden was one of the easiest wedding planning decisions we made. Julie assisted us from the first day up until a week before. She is exceptional! Julie is so kind, responsive, helpful... it was a gift having her as a line of support. In every way, the staff at the Secret Garden worked with my husband and I to give us the day of our dreams. The venue site offered everything we needed. It is a charming wedding location! Aside from the beautiful location, the all inclusive package made our choice an easy one. We had so much less stress because of this, and we were able to seamlessly plan our day, even living out of state. I cannot recommend the Secret Garden and its friendly staff enough!

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe's reply:

We are so touched by your kind words. You were a true joy to plan with from the get go, Erin! We are so thankful that you found The Secret Garden so we could be a part of your wedding planning journey and witness your gorgeous wedding day! We wish you the most happiness and love, please come visit us any time, we miss you already!
  • Sharon
    Sharon Married on 11/13/2021

A Dream venue for a DREAM Wedding

When my husband and I were in search for venues, there was something in me that just knew The Secret Garden was the one. I made 4 appointments, with the Secret Garden being the first... after touring the venue and meeting with Christian, we cancelled all of the other appointments. Every person we met with and worked with through the entire planning process just provided more and more comfort.

We booked this venue Pre-Pandemic and were part of the sad group of post-poners. I already had so much appreciation for the owners of the Secret Garden, but the way they handled my wedding, and all of the other postponements is unmatched. Many of my friends who were in the same situation as me weren't as lucky as me and my husband, and I truly believe that this is because Julie and Christian care about their couples, and they've created a team of staff who also exude that same level of care. If I had a question, there was always a answer. When the stress and anxiety started to creep in with the pandemic, and ultimately as the day finally neared, there was endless amount of peace and comfort provided.

For the more logistical stuff; the Secret Garden offers convenience that can't be beat, they have an array of stock and decorations that made my whimsical vision come to life, the florist Geri is NEXT level, the team of coordinators is quick and responsive, the catering company that works with them is phenomenal, our DJ Pure Energy was amazing and really took the time to understand and create the vibe that we wanted, and I can't event verbalize how absolutely incredible the photography team was. ALL OF THESE COME ALONG WITH THE VENUE... it's a steal!

Additionally, the venue itself is beautiful! The garden is serene with many photo spots, the indoor ballroom area is huge with high ceilings, beautiful chandeliers, and drapery. The bridal suite is perfect, my bridesmaids loved it!

I cannot post this without highlighting 3 more people that we got to work with at the venue because I honestly miss them! Christina was our day of coordinator, so we worked with her through our rehearsal and the day of our wedding. She is the kindest soul, and really took all of my stress away. Mike was our second shooter (which I highly suggest adding on if you're having a big wedding), my husband is not comfortable in front of a camera at all... in fact he hates it, but Mike really eased him in and helped guide him! Last but not least, our main photographer was Kristina; who is a literal angel. Once I had the photography meeting with her and we combed through the details... I felt like I could breathe, she made me see that everything was going to be great and work out just fine. To top it off, I received a sneak peak of my photos... what a talent!!!

If you've made it this far, as you can see by all of the reviews, this is where you should be. Don't hesitate!!!

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe's reply:

Sharon! We are so incredibly grateful for your kind words and it means the world to us that you had your dream wedding, we all truly enjoyed planning with you, we'll miss you so come on by and visit any time you're in town! Have the most amazing start to married life with your true love, you deserve all the joy and happiness! Hugs and happy holidays to you both!
    Diana Married on 06/05/2021

The perfect wedding

We must of looked at almost 10 venues before we found this one and we are so glad we picked it! We knew this venue was the "one" when we first spoke with Julie. She was so down to earth and provided us options that could work with our budget. Talking to Julie was like talking to a friend. She was so easy to work with and so sweet and kind. Her husband Christian was also very nice and it seemed like they really wanted to get to know us as a couple. It definitely felt like we were in great hands and we really were. From start to finish- the wedding planning process was so easy. Daniel was our wedding coordinator and we absolutely loved him! He definitely made our wedding dreams come true. We-well mostly me :P wanted a garden venue/wedding and it was absolutely beautiful and perfect. This venue was all inclusive with floral, DJ, photography, catering, beautiful cross back chairs, and choices of different colored napkins and set ups all included. This was seriously an amazing deal. The price was very reasonable. Of all the venues we looked at, The Secret Garden was a steal! It made wedding planning that much less stressful because everything was all in one place. Everyone we worked with was absolutely amazing. They were all so nice and really worked with us to give us the best wedding! The beautiful floral hoop was definitely a photography hit for our guests! The eco catering company was also amazing! We loved working with Christine. The food was delicious! Definitely received compliments from the guests. Thank you so much to our epic photography team- Mike & Alex, Leah- our florist, our epic wedding coordinators- Mary, Daniel, Julie, Jazmin, and Christian for working so hard to making our wedding visions come to life. We really appreciate everything you did for us! :) I highly recommend future brides to book them! You won't be disappointed- especially if you want the perfect wedding.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Real Weddings

• Tiffany & Alexander
    62 photos · 04/08/2022

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
17025 Avenida De Acacias Rancho Santa Fe, CA, 92067
Location of (The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe)

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)

At The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • Open Bar

What are the most important characteristics of The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Garden

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe for wedding events?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe offer?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception

What services does The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe offer for wedding events?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe offers the following services for wedding events:
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe have available for wedding events?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Aisle Markers
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Photo booth
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding