A uniquely private wedding venue in Rancho Santa Fe, California, The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe is currently reserving into 2022 with just one wedding per day. Providing a natural background of gardens and lush greenery, the venue offers the perfect balance of indoor and outdoor spaces. In addition, they can also accommodate requests for off-site ceremony options for a beach cliff wedding ceremony.
Facilities and Capacity
A guest list of up to 300 attendees can be accommodated at The The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa FeSecret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe. Ceremony as well as Cocktail Hour are held outside among the beautiful grounds, with indoor Reception to follow. Indoor reception space flows out toward the garden and features floor to ceiling windows providing a view of the garden throughout the entire event. The venue is just a short, five-mile drive from beautiful California beaches that offer beach cliff ceremony options, if preferred. Couples are welcome to explore this alternative ceremony option prior to their cocktail hour and reception at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe. Wedding parties can also make use of the get-ready rooms for dressing areas prior to the event. The facility itself is a pet-friendly venue, and also has on-site parking, shuttle service referrals, and wheelchair access into the space.
The all-inclusive wedding packages at the venue include event coordination, design, catering, bar service, and every key wedding vendor needed for an incredible wedding. Photography, Floral Design, DJ Service and Specialty Decor are all available. Staff at The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe are available to assist with set up and clean up for each occasion, and can assist with the venue’s event rentals of additional decor as needed.
12 Reviews for The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe
Recommended by 100% of couples
34 User photos
Taylor M. · Married on 03/07/2021
The BEST owners & staff/stunning venue - You'll feel like family from the very start
The Secret Garden / Epic Events staff was absolutely amazing to work with. They truly made us feel like a part of their family from the moment we met. They allowed us to make our wedding dreams come true, within a very reasonable budget. Their entire business model was created to give couples the wedding of their dreams, without ripping them off with inflated prices. They were so responsive throughout the entire process that we didn't end up hiring a wedding planner. This is the group of people you NEED surrounding you during what can be an incredibly stressful time. The Secret Garden itself is so charming and unique, our photos are absolutely stunning. Cant say enough positive things! Even if you are curious, contact their staff for a tour and introduction! You will immediately feel the care and heart they pour into each couple they work with. After touring more than 10 other venues in San Diego I am so happy we chose to work with The Secret Garden!!!Sent on 10/03/2019
Kirsten R. · Married on 10/25/2020
Beautiful Unique Weddings
We had our wedding at The Secret Garden in October and couldn't have been happier with our venue choice. Their pricing is great for being a SD wedding venue. Their grounds are beautiful. The staff is SO friendly. If you are looking for a more SD budget friendly, stress-free planning, beautiful and unique wedding I cannot recommend The Secret Garden enough. I tell all of my friends who haven't gotten married to HIGHLY consider this venue for many reasons.
What makes the Secret Garden different from the rest?
- They are basically an all-inclusive venue. This makes wedding planning an EASE because you don't have to coordinate a bunch of vendors, they do the work for you!!! The only "outside" vendors we had to get was a bakery, but I made our wedding cut cake so that made it easy! We also chose to use a videographer but they have preferred vendors to work with and we chose BE Studios and couldn't have been happier with Billy. We chose to have live music at our ceremony so we also had a harpist at our wedding, but again, they are so easy to work with having another vendor there was a breeze!
- The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL and is easy since you can have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same place. There's plenty of parking for guests so that makes it convenient. They also are open to you bringing your own decorations, which is different from many of the venues we toured in SD. Even though the venue is "all-inclusive" you still make your wedding YOUR OWN and they don't have cookie cutter, boring weddings with no special details from one to the next. You get your wedding your way and at a beautiful venue
- Pricing. The base package includes everything you need for a beautiful wedding. They don't nickel and dime you or have hidden fees!! We did opt for some upgrades including 2 photographers, extra photography time, extra florals and the farmhouse style sweetheart table. All worth the small extra charge.
What's the planning process like?
- EASY. After booking your wedding you get emails right away from the whole Epic Events team. You get a planning timeline. You get all the information about catering, photography, sound/music, florals, and coordination. You get a sample wedding day timeline, what to expect in the planning process, and a list of preferred vendors.
- TIMELY. The whole planning process was timely and I never felt stressed or that things weren't happening fast enough. Everything flowed perfectly. I hardly felt stressed because I knew Christian, Julie, Dana, Mary and Daniel had a hold on everything.
What is the included coordination like?
- We had Daniel as our wedding coordinator and he was PERFECT. He truly helped bring our wedding vision alive and did not miss a single question in our first main coordination meeting. What we liked about him was how he was relaxed he was about wedding planning. While it's a big/serious event to get married the "wedding industry" has commercialized it so much to make it such a stressful thing, but Daniel takes that stress away.
- On the wedding day we had rain! What? Rain? In San Diego in October?!? We couldn't believe it either, but Daniel made sure that everything worked out seamlessly, despite the unexpected weather, and he made sure we got our outside dream wedding.
How about the other contracted vendors?
- FLORALS. I cannot say enough amazing things about Jerri Disney. We had THE MOST beautiful wedding ever because of her creative floral vision. We told her we wanted a fall wedding, filled with sunflowers, wild flowers and very bright but natural looking. She NAILED it. Check out our photos, it's something wedding dreams are made of.
- CATERING. We were very impressed with our tasting for our catering for the wedding. Only downfall was that our beef meal was not as expected and not as we had originally tasted but we also know there are beef shortages right now and the caterer can't help that, they did their best. We were so happy with our choices for the rest of the meals/appetizers.
- PHOTOGRAPHY. Like the florals, I cannot say enough great things about the photographer. We opted to have 2 photographers and it worked out beautifully. They didn't skip a beat and were already done with the dress shots and venue shots before I even arrived to the venue!! They jumped into action with the rain as well and we are thrilled with how easily and well they worked with our videographer too.
- MUSIC. Our DJ was great! We honestly let the music fall a little to the wayside and didn't plan that part well. However, even with our lack of planning our DJ stepped up his game and played wonderful music for us. We didn't have a traditional reception so we couldn't have dancing, we just had a nice dinner under the lights for our reception but he played the perfect music!! We only gave him a small amount of artists we liked and he somehow made connections to other artists and songs we may like and played them. We were very happy with his choices!Sent on 12/13/2020
The Secret Garden at Rancho Santa Fe's reply:Kirsten! Your review is as beautiful and kind and sweet as you are, we are so touched. Planning with you and Kevin was a rewarding experience for our entire team, we couldn't be happier for your love and future together. HUGE congratulations again from all of us at The Secret Garden! XOXO!
Katrina P. · Married on 06/21/2020
Fabulous and beautiful
Look no further this is the best place to be for a wedding. Any bride would love the outcome of their wedding here. The most important thing if you read this review is to trust the team there they are excellent they are remarkable they know what they are doing a big will execute whatever your heart desires. Jerri the florist is a magnificent! Daniel is wonderful! If you don’t have a vision if you don’t know what to do just talk to them they are very friendly they feel like family once you’re done talking with them they sit down and just get to know you and it’s just an amazing feeling and I wish that I had let go some of my anxiety because they took it all away and the day was just perfect I recommend this place 1 million times.Sent on 09/17/2020