Virginia Beach, VA 23479 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 90

About Mr. Sykes Photo and Video

Hello there and thank you for visiting our site. My name is Rodney Sykes b.k.a Mr. Sykes the artist. I'm a photographer here in the hampton roads area who specializes in weddings and engagements, I started off my journey believe it or not as a sketch artist i admire the human features and have a passion for illustrating my ability to show you yourself in the best way imaginable. As a young kid i enjoyed art and the reaction people give when they finally see it. 8 years ago i picked up my first camera, just as any other hobbyist i did it for fun and enjoyment.After countless compliments and offers to give me money for a job well done I knew then i had a god given talent that i could bless others with.I also realized i could still be an artist without the pencil and sketch pad even better i could deliver a service and a product from an artist perspective and change the way photography is viewed. After training years under a very reputable photographer and seeking thousands of hours of self education i decided to do this as a business.From that very moment to now i really couldn't explain what happened, i just know i put my best foot forward and promised myself i would treat each client as a family member and always over deliver and have been very busy every since.I went out and invested about $40,000 in equipment and again thousands of hours of education and created a style.

I developed my own style by mixing fun, energy & laughter filled images by engaging everyone who is involved in the picture to assure your wedding will reflect one of the most important but funniest days of your lives. I like to call it FUN-TOGRAPHY. I speak clearly telling a few jokes to get everyone comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. We photograph every wedding from beginning to ending because i believe every moment counts. In between capturing candids , tear jerkers and totally insane shots i still find that time to get them signature shots that I'm well known for, but enough about me please enjoy the site we can also be found on my personal site which better explains who i am or even Facebook just to see what the community think about us. Either way when we meet you won't regret it, my passion for this art overflows sooo much that it will be one of the easiest decisions you have made in the wedding planning process. So call me now to set up a free consultation. I hope to meet you soon!

Follow Mr. Sykes Photo and Video on

img7823

• Videos 2

17 Reviews for Mr. Sykes Photo and Video

Nika · Married on 10/10/2015

We've only had our engagement photos with Mr. Sykes, but he met us at our venue on time and was very flexible to our short notice request. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/02/2015
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/14/2015

5 stars are not enough!! What an amazing photographer, and down to earth guy!! He was very professional and got lots of great shots, and I honestly hardly noticed he was even there! AMAZING JOB!! Will use him again and again for future photos!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Mr. and Mrs. · Married on 03/28/2015

Mr. Sykes is very professional and affordable. Our pictures came out perfectly. Mr. Sykes went above and beyond when putting together our photo album. Mr. Sykes did an exceptional job at our ceremony and reception. We will use him again for any other event that we may have in the future.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Award

Mr. Sykes Photo and Video FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,212.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Natural
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Trash The Dress