Mickie Hanson Make-Up Artistry & Hair Design

Yosemite National Park, CA View map

Welcome to the artistry of Mickie Hanson! We are a Yosemite National Park based business and have been the Yosemite National Park preferred vendor for makeup and hair for over ten years, since 2010. We provide luxury and custom makeup and hair beauty services for destination weddings and elopements. Have fun exploring our professional website. We look forward to complimenting your special day in Yosemite!

For booking inquiries please visit our website: MickieHanson.com on the "contact" page there is a small form to fill out. After we have received your form we will be calling you soon.

The latest photos of my work may always be found on Instagram or Facebook under: M by Mickie

Thank you!

Which of the following are included in prices?

Assistant Fee
Consultation
Travel Fee

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Men's Grooming

What hair services do you offer?

Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Fake Lashes
Tattoo Coverage

Ami Married on 05/10/2021

Hire her now!!

I found Mickie when researching hair and make up artists for my Yosemite elopement, and let me tell you SHE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. Having skin of color, I was so nervous that my foundation would not match or my overall look would not be as natural as I wanted. Mickie took my inspirational photos and absolutely KILLED IT. She and her husband make an excellent, professional, and kind team. They made the morning of my wedding unforgettable. She comes in with a full kit and set up and I was so impressed with the variety of product she owns. My make up lasted ALL DAY without moving or melting off- and we hiked all day in the beating sun. I could not be more impressed at Mickie's work and service. Spend the extra $$$, you will not be disappointed- she knows what she is doing!! THANK YOU MICKIE, for making me look and feel like a princess on our special day.

Mickie Hanson Make-Up Artistry & Hair Design's reply:

Hi Ami! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing review of the beauty services that you received. The value you shared when Bride's hire the true professional is bar none. Thank you!
  • Ana
    Ana Married on 04/24/2021

Would not use any other makeup service!

Mickie and her husband Anthony delivered the best service I could ever imagine. They were able to accommodate my fiancé and I, at last second, for our engagement shoot in the Yosemite area. Mickie is a professional: she’s top notch at her craft and she was so kind and patient with me during the entire process and was able to make me feel so calm and cared for. I am what I call “make up dumb” and normally don’t do any makeup save eyeshadow and mascara on special occasions. I left the makeup and hair styling completely up to her, and I could not have been more pleased with the end result. Mickie truly has an eye for this, and she is so passionate and knowledgeable, teaching me along the way. Mickie was so much fun to be around and I honestly could not imagine using any other makeup service after being with her! Anthony was so helpful, and they work extremely well together as a team. He even went out with my fiancé to get breakfast for us ladies while we were busy. I’m extremely excited for my wedding and having these two there with me to make it a success.

Mickie Hanson Make-Up Artistry & Hair Design's reply:

Hi Ana! Thank you for such a well painted picture of our custom, destination based beauty services! I was excited to be there for your Engagement photo shoot in Yosemite and I'm honored to compliment your Wedding day in 2020!
    I'm here for you as needed,
    -Mickie
  • Edelita
    Edelita V. Married on 04/10/2021

Mickie absolutely nailed it!

Mickie did my makeup and hair (and my groom’s hair!) for our recent elopement in Yosemite. She was a dream to work with. I’m fairly far from the Mariposa county area, so we skipped a trial and worked from notes about what the day entailed, my own preferences, and sharing reference photos. From all of that, Mickie sent me back her vision for the look — sounded solid — and on the day of, we rolled with it!

And wow, did she execute that vision beautifully. My hair did things I didn’t even know were possible, and it looked effortless, held together by magic, haha. Seriously, it held up through rock scrambling and wind. And so did the makeup! Mickie’s kit is filled to the brim with high-end products; she basically brings a Sephora to you and then some. (And bless Anthony, her husband and assistant, for keeping everything so clean and organized!)

Aside from her talent, I really appreciated Mickie’s energy throughout the entire process. She is so warm and caring. I adored all of her stories and she really helped set the tone for what turned out to be a truly wonderful day.

Mickie Hanson Make-Up Artistry & Hair Design's reply:

Hi Edelita! We had such a fun morning with you both! My heart was so full and happy with what we created for you, a soft romantic updo and beautiful makeup that lasted - excellent! You were a vision, a timeless bride and you have those amazing photos to always look back on! Thank you for taking the time to honor me with your review. Forever my best to you both - Mickie

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Pricing

Mickie Hanson Make-Up Artistry & Hair Design Price Rates

Romantics Travel Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Romantics Travel Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Travel Agents

Mickie is a fabulously warm and energetic make-up artist! She knows exactly how to make people feel truly comfortable and cared for on their special day. She has also has mad skills in achieving make-up perfection for her clients!

Paradise Springs Paradise Springs Hotel Weddings

Mickie has a way of bringing out every brides inner beauty. She is on top of industry trends and has an eye for beauty. Very professional and very talented!! If you are looking for talent with an eye for beauty, look no further...Mickie's your choice!! You can't go wrong!

Brittany Gerth Photography Brittany Gerth Photography Wedding Photographers

I have the pleasure to work with Mickie of M by Mickie on a regular basis and she is a dream to work with! She provides fabulous makeup artistry and has such a great personality that is it impossible for her clients not to fall in love with her and have a super boost of supermodel confidence once they see themselves! As a professional photographer, her attention to detail is amazing and helps cut down on retouching and editing time. Mickie has amazing talent to bring your must have makeup look to life!

Post Office Box 2022 Yosemite National Park, CA, 95389
Location of (Mickie Hanson Make-Up Artistry & Hair Design)

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding