If you care to understand what drives any business, follow the money. What makes an independent dj like myself different is I don't need to fill 5, 10 or 20 calendars for my dj staff. Not all brides and grooms want the same thing. So using a one dj fits all approach is exactly what I'd have to do if I booked multiple guys. For me - the interview goes both ways. I want to dj weddings for couples that fit with what I do. Think about your spouse to be. I'm betting somewhere in that relationship you share similar values and have a rapport that works for you both. Well, working an event that feels like a fit is WAAAY better than "not feeling it". How do I know? Because I've been there done that. I'm 20 plus years in and my clients love what I do. I've learned along the way how to get and keep a crowds interest musically. But it came at the expense of a few events along the way wherein the client felt they new better. I'm just over believing someone knows more about it than I do. 20 plus years can do that to a guy. MY secret to having happy brides is knowing we're a fit from the start.
Quickly what I'm not:
- I’m not some techno house DJ that spins records with his elbows.
- I won’t pull people off their chairs to get them up — I let my music do this.
- I don’t do this as a side job – this is a significant source of my income.
- I won’t comment on your sexy legs or encourage the groom to use his teeth if you choose a bouquet and garter.
- I don’t play music with obviously obscene lyrics – gangsta rap, bitches and “hoe-zzz” (don't know how to spell that one) come to mind. I'm not a saint either but nasty is nasty and it's just not my thing. I've done events with explicit many times which is why I know I don't like it.
- I don’t have different packages or upsells – you get everything.
- I won’t hang giant signs or banners on my table, sell glow sticks to guests or blow up vinyl guitars.
- I won't botch names or train wreck the music.
- I don't do weddings where a couple controls every song played. I love and encourage suggestion lists and presuming it'll keep a floor bumping with happy guests I'll use it all. But if I see a song I know to be a loser, unless it's a bride and groom favorite I'm not going to play it.
- I'm not inflexible... the stuff above may seem contrary to that but I know how to adapt to all sorts of crowds and changes. I love playing and exploring all sorts of music - from country to techno to hip hop, rock, hillbilly, reggae, motown, jazz and more. I just won't "explore" it to the extent I'll lose a dancefloor full of people. I want people laughing, dancing and singing. I want brides and grooms that want that. PERIOD
Along with an endless supply of songs to choose from, Michigan Wedding DJ Service offers everything you need for the perfect celebration. My services include:
- Consultation of event flow and music
- Professional DJ
- Emcee Services
- Sound/PA system
- Wireless Microphone
- Do-not-play list
Vendors you may like
See other vendors that are popular with couples right now
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
What is included in the starting price?
What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
What music genres do you specialize in?
What services do you offer?
What additional equipment do you offer?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
Dan Was in Fact The Man
I didn't realize the importance of a wedding DJ until I saw how much DJ Dan made the night
Best. DJ. Ever.
Are you interested?
Professional Network & Endorsements7 Endorsements
Excellent DJ Service. Dan is reliable, fun, personable and charming. He is certain to help make your special day a day you and your guests will remember for years to come
Dan from Michigan Wedding DJ is awesome, not only as a DJ but as a person! He's a super chill nice guy who knows exactly what he's doing and knows how to keep the party going. He also has that special personality type that just helps keep things from falling flat unlike some new DJs. That's not always a guarantee with DJs! I've enjoyed working with Dan and will continue to refer him to all of my clients. Book him now! You won't regret it.
We worked with Dan recently, and not only was he great at keeping the party rocking, and keeping people out on the dance floor, but he was always there to make sure we knew when things were going to take place. Timelines can shift a bit as the day goes on, and he did a great job giving us a heads up, so we knew when to be where!