Michelle's Cakes

Indian Head, MD View map

A Family run business working in the sugar arts for over 30 years. Michelle has been fortunate enough to study with Earlene Moore, and Collette Peters who you may have seen on the Food Network Channels. Learning new skills along the way and keeping up with the newest trends have made Michelle's Cakes stand out in Southern Maryland. With our studios newly opened we are now teaching the next generations the love of cake.

Michelle's Cakes and Sugar Arts started here locally in Maryland 10 years ago when the store front opened in Southern Maryland. We have been serving great cakes to the greater DC/MD/VA areas ever since.

We believe beautiful cakes are not the only part of our process. Your cakes should taste as wonderful as they look. We use the freshest ingredients we can find and use local organic produce when in season and available. We are always looking for that unique combination of flavors to make the taste buds come to life. So don't be afraid to walk on the wild side sometimes with flavor. The cake should compliment what you are serving, continue the theme you are presenting and make your guests take notice of the special time and thought you put into the this part of your celebration.

Call us for a consultation and tasting. Let us make your cake the focal point of the room and the sweetest part of your new life together as a married couple.

$3.75

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$4.75

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Anniversary Cake
Cake Stands
Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.25

What services do your prices include?

Tastings - Open House

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Dessert Buffet
Fruit
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Diabetic
Gluten Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Frank
    Frank S. Married on 01/15/2022

Delicious cake

The cake for our wedding far exceeded our expectations. We had several guests rave about the cake provided by Michelle’s Cakes. The cake was delicious and the delivery was prompt as promised.

It was a pleasure selecting the flavors at the tasting with Michelle. She was very responsive and accommodating to our requests. Additionally, she was extremely helpful in recommendations for our cake.
  • Margaret
    Margaret S. Married on 11/14/2020

Delicious bakery items!

Wedding cake was fresh and delicious, and just what we ordered! The mini pies were also wonderful and there were NONE left over.
  • L'Tonya
    L'tonya H. Married on 09/13/2019

My Wedding Day

My future wife and I met Michelle months before our wedding day. We were very impressed with her presentation of the cake tasting and the one-on-one time that she had committed to us that day. I was a bit concerned when I had not received any type of communication 1 month out...1 week out. My Florist and other services had communicated even down to an hour prior to the agreed upon timeline. However, there can never be any greater means of communication than a person who is true to his or her word. My contact with Michelle had stated that my cake would be delivered no later than a couple of hours before the start of the wedding. My contract also stated that the 3- layered cake would be of the flavors that we had chosen during our meeting with Michelle. What the contract did not include is that I would need to brace myself as I came downstairs from the bridal suite that morning; on the way down to the lower-level of our town home to where I would see my bride, family, and friends. The contract left out these words that should have been enlarged: exquisite breathtaking masterpiece delicately crafted with layers and layers of deliciousness.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Deals

Michelle's Cakes 1
Gift
For Brides that book with me they will have a free small cake to freeze left for them at the reception site. So you can now take that small top layer back to the room with you to enjoy that evening or in the morning. You know you never seem to get cake at your reception. You just too busy, so this is a nice way to have a little left for the both of you and it's a sweet ending to your wonderful day.

Pricing

Michelle's Cakes Price Rates

Swan Point Yacht and Country Club Swan Point Yacht and Country Club Country Club Weddings

Michelle's Cakes are always great to work with! She is friendly, professional, and timely. Their cakes are beautiful, delicious, and we receive great feedback from our couples. Thanks Michelle's Cakes!

Charming Grace Events Charming Grace Events Wedding Planners

I had the opportunity to work with Michelle's Cakes on a styled wedding shoot. They were so quick to respond and the cake design they created was amazing! We did all of our communication by email and they were able to create a cake that matched the theme and decor perfectly! I would highly recommend using Michelle's cake for your next event or wedding! You will not be disappointed with the look or taste of their products!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events Claire Duran Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Michelle was delightful to work with. She was able to make a cake perfect for our vision and of perfect execution. I can't wait for many further opportunities to team up again.

4336 Indian Head Hwy Indian Head, 20640

Tue 10 - 6pm Wed 10 - 3pm Thurs 10 - 6pm Fri 10 - 7pm Sat 10 - 2pm
Location of (Michelle's Cakes)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding