Michelle's Cakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Margaret
    Margaret S. Married on 11/14/2020

Delicious bakery items!

Wedding cake was fresh and delicious, and just what we ordered! The mini pies were also wonderful and there were NONE left over.
  • L'Tonya
    L'tonya H. Married on 09/13/2019

My Wedding Day

My future wife and I met Michelle months before our wedding day. We were very impressed with her presentation of the cake tasting and the one-on-one time that she had committed to us that day. I was a bit concerned when I had not received any type of communication 1 month out...1 week out. My Florist and other services had communicated even down to an hour prior to the agreed upon timeline. However, there can never be any greater means of communication than a person who is true to his or her word. My contact with Michelle had stated that my cake would be delivered no later than a couple of hours before the start of the wedding. My contract also stated that the 3- layered cake would be of the flavors that we had chosen during our meeting with Michelle. What the contract did not include is that I would need to brace myself as I came downstairs from the bridal suite that morning; on the way down to the lower-level of our town home to where I would see my bride, family, and friends. The contract left out these words that should have been enlarged: exquisite breathtaking masterpiece delicately crafted with layers and layers of deliciousness.
    Stephanie E. Married on 07/27/2019

The Best Cakes Ever! Awesome!

Michelle was very professional and timely with the delivery of the cake. The cake was breathtaking. I didn't want to cute it, the flavors were the best, moist and delicious. She is true to her word and her cakes speak for itself. My guest talked about the cakes even after the wedding was over. The Best and affordable! Thank You!
    Emily Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful & Very Delicious Cake!

Michelle’s Cakes created a stunning and absolutely delicious cake for our July wedding in Washington D.C.! We found Michelle’s Cakes on Instagram after seeing that she had done a cake for another couple at the City Club of Washington. Many cake vendors do not deliver to D.C., so Michelle was the only cake vendor we even considered for our wedding as we knew she was confident in delivering cakes in the city. During our tasting, Michelle sat down with us and went over our options in regards to flavors and fillings and even created a sample cake using Styrofoam layers to show us sizing and height which we really appreciated. She was very accommodating with several changes we made as our wedding grew closer and was very fast in communicating with us. On the day of the wedding, Michelle flawlessly delivered the cake to our reception venue. We were completely blown away with it as it exceeded our vision and expectations! On top of all that, the cake itself was incredibly delicious and flavorful and our guests enjoyed the 4 different flavors we had for each layer of the cake. Michelle’s talent and creativity is unmatched and her attention to detail and perfection made our dream wedding cake possible! She is the only wedding cake vendor you need to look at in the DMV area!
    David S. Married on 06/30/2019

I recommend them to EVERYONE

Have you ever fallen in love with a bakery, where you can call them and tell them what the occasion is and what flavors you want and when you show up you are more than amazed?? I am a very serious yelper and reviewer. I know what personal stories mean when you are picking a vendor for an important occasion. Every time I call Michelles for a cake, wether big or small, the staff treats me as family and the masterpieces that they create are amazing.
  • Dierdre
    Dierdre Married on 04/25/2019

Delicious wedding cake!

Michelle was amazing from the moment I called to schedule the tasting. She had my favorite flavor cake of all time. ITALIAN CREAM CAKE!!! Which of course was my top layer and going home with me after the wedding. She delivered the cake on time for my wedding on April 25th and added the succulents and my bible reading on the cake, just like I wanted. Very professional and very helpful.
    Simone D. Married on 04/20/2019

Michelle’s cake was wonderful!

Delicious and moist! Thank you for an amazing experience!
  • Debbie
    Debbie P. Married on 04/10/2019

Yummy Amaretto Wedding Cake

This bakery was so helpful and kind during our consultation, that I fell in love with their cakes on 1st bite. We had an amaretto cake without nuts made (I had a little cousin that was allergic) and it was sooooo beautiful and yummy that we barely had a few slices besides the topper to take home. The best thing about our 1 year anniversary is that they with a week’s notice of our 1 yr anniversary, they made us a fresh anniversary cake FREE! I just love the personal touch. They also delivered!
  • Crystal
    Crystal Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding Cake

Michelle was amazing from the moment I called to schedule the tasting to the moment she delivered the cake to the venue. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted just as good as it looked!
  • Angela
    Angela F. Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing, tasty, professional

Such an amazing vendor! Cake tasted absolutely amazing and was equally beautiful. Highly highly recommend. Easy to work with and very reasonably priced. So happy I decided to work with this vendor. Michelle is amazing!
    Tia J. Married on 09/29/2018

Michelle’s Cakes, FIVE STARS!!!

My cake was excellent inside and out. Beautiful detail, original and quality taste. No cake flaws or delivery delimmas. My cake and icing was so fresh and amazing!! My guests and I were very happy.

Michelle’s Cakes you all are the best!! You are now the official Bakery for all my families special occasions. Thank you so much for being great.
    See you soon.
    Samaria Married on 09/22/2018
    Michelle’s Cakes is the epitome of Bakery’s. The freshness of the desserts is like one I’ve never experienced before. From the friendliness of the staff to the prompt convenient service. I LOVED THEM
  • Joanna
    Joanna W. Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I have used Michelle's cakes in the past for smaller parties and when I contacted her about my wedding she jumped right on board and took care of all the minor details.... Cake was so delicious there wasn't a piece left to save by the end of the night ... Im not a fan of icing and she made a very delightful lemon blueberry naked cake with accent berry's all over .... LOVE HER and your cakes ... you wont be disappointed
    Michaela V. Married on 09/08/2018

Made our dream come true

Michelle did an amazing job on our wedding cake and dessert bar. Everyone loved it so much and we did not have any of it left over by the end of the night. The designs on the cake and desserts were beautifully done. It was exactly how we had envisioned it and we couldn't have been happier!
    Nia D. Married on 09/01/2018

The Best Ever

I've been going to Michelle for all of my events since 2016, and all I can say is 5 stars is not enough. My second event I had, I had to get brochures to lay out on the dessert table because so many people commented and wanted her information. Every time I visit Michelle cakes, I extend my dessert list by adding more and more to my tab. I've referred at least 3 people so far that has used her to my knowledge. If I had to describe the business in 3 words it'll be as follows: Passionate, Creativity & Exquisite. You describe your image and she'll make exactly what you want but BETTER! I haven't searched for another team since I met Michelle's.
  • Brittne
    Brittne Married on 09/01/2018

A Beautiful Cake that Tastes AMAZING!

Michelle took my vision and brought it to life. They process was very seamless and she educated me and walked me through each step. We had the opportunity to taste a variety of cakes and fillings and create our own pairings and also tried the classic flavors. Being that we had so many great selections and couldn’t choose just 3, we chose 5 different flavors! My family and friends raved about the cake for months after the wedding. If anyone asks for a cake vendor, Michelle’s Cakes is hands down first on my list!
  • Yvette
    Yvette Married on 08/24/2018

Excellent!

We were more than pleased not just with the look of the cakes, but of the amazing taste. From the beautiful room of the cake tasting, to the actual tasting of the various cakes, I walked out knowing they were the one for us. I was right!!!
    Shannon Married on 08/11/2018

Easy and amazing to work with

100% reccomand! Tasty & beautiful
    Caitie Married on 06/29/2018

best cupcakes!

The best cupcakes you will ever have! Very easy to work with and professional. Everyone was wowed by how delicious the cupcakes were!
    Sally Married on 06/02/2018

Best Wedding Cake Ever

Michelle and Nikki could not have been lovelier or easier to work with. From the beginning, they asked exactly the right questions and we knew we were in great hands and that everything would run smoothly. We had an idea of what we wanted, but weren't sure how to execute it. Michelle and Nikki designed the perfect cake that fit the decor/feel of our wedding better than we could have imagined. We got so many compliments on its appearance, but even more on how delicious it was. Delivery and setup were seamless, and they worked with other vendors who weren't as organized to help our day run even more smoothly. We can't wait for our anniversary cake and working with them for years to come!
    Lindsay Married on 06/02/2018

Delicious and easy to work with

Michelle’s cakes were so friendly and flexible on what we wanted for our big day! Our cake looked exactly how I wanted and tasted delicious! We also had cupcakes too! We had about 200 cupcakes and they were all gone by the end of the night. Everyone raved about them!
    Amanda Married on 06/02/2018
    They were very responsive when I reached out to set up a tasting. They have you sit down and try whatever flavors you wish which my husband loved!

My wedding cake looked perfect. I had provided them a picture of what I hoped for and they delivered! The cupcakes and cake tasted so good, all very moist and delicious. I was so happy with the service that I will FOR SURE be going there again.
    Amanda Married on 05/05/2018
    Michelle’s Cakes is AMAZING! They never seem to disappoint, we have used them for several different events, a graduation, bridal shower, grooms cake & our wedding cake and cupcakes! Highly recommend them and will definitely be using them in the future!
    Karin D. Married on 04/20/2018

Amazing Day

Michelle makes amazing cakes and treats her creativity is amazing. Not only do her cakes look like one of a kind but they taste even better. She is truly one of a kind and the best in the Metro Area. She is the icing on the CAKE :-)
    E.b. Married on 09/30/2017
    Michelle’s cakes did a wonderful job for my nephew Joe’s wedding! They did a beautiful 2 tiered wedding cake and a fantastic grooms cake. People loved the taste of both cakes. Attached is a photo of the grooms cake! Thank you Michelle and crew for such a fantastic job!
    E.B. Hickson