Salt Lake City, UT 84109 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Melissa Kelsey Photography

I strive to make photographs that show how your wedding felt... photos that take you right back to that fleeting moment in time... photos that tell your unique story. I've been a professional wedding photographer for 10 years. I specialize in telling people's stories, by capturing genuine moments and emotion, combined with creative, but natural portraits. I seek out the beautiful light, and love capturing mood and feeling in my photographs. I combine my background in art and design, with my love for authentic documentary photography, to create photos that will stand the test of time, and transport my clients back to their wedding day.

I am a Utah wedding photographer, who specializes in Salt Lake City and Park City weddings, and beyond.

Follow Melissa Kelsey Photography on

utah wedding photographer 5

• Real Weddings 30

5 Reviews for Melissa Kelsey Photography

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2016

I cannot say enough about Melissa! When I told her what my vision was for my wedding it was magical and lucky and wonderful because it happens to be something she does amazingly well. She captured my husband and I with such beautiful light and gave me those "epic landscape big picture look at this amazing location" photos that I was dreaming of. And during our wedding she was killin it! I think every single on of my guests told me how incredible she was. Capturing the sweetest moments that would've gone unnoticed amongst all the eating and dancing and laughing. the memories of our wedding day are preserved so wonderfully in pictures because of Melissa. She made everything more beautiful than I could've imagined and I'm forever grateful to her for her heart, her skills, her care, her sense of humor, and the list goes on and on. She is a true gem!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jen · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I agree that choosing Melissa as our photographer is one of the absolute best decisions we made in the entire wedding planning process! Her sunny presence and contagious smile were a perfect balm to pre-wedding and wedding anxieties and garnered many complements from guests about how much they enjoyed interacting with her. Furthermore, the photos are perfect – they captured all the beauty and emotions of our wedding day, and we will treasure them.
    After lots of research and interviewing photographers, we chose Melissa as our “splurge” for the wedding. She was the photographer who listened to exactly what we wanted in our wedding photography and we were comfortable with her from the very first conversation. From the time we chose her to the day we got our photos we looked at each other many times and said “that was a great decision!”. She was faultlessly professional and cheerful, no matter what. She even came up to our unusual wedding venue months before the wedding in order to help me figure out how to set up. Unfortunately, my less than stellar directions got her stuck on an impassably snowy back road. She remained positive throughout the Three Hours it took to dig and tow her out and then Still cheerfully counseled us on venue set up, restorative cup of hot chocolate in hand. Heading into wedding day she was the vendor that I was absolutely certain would arrive when and where she planned to and do an amazing job – and she did!
    On the wedding day she was somehow everywhere capturing all the emotions, the moments and the small details, and yet never in the way. I hate taking staged photos, and had told Melissa this, and she managed to make our couples photos one of the times I treasure most from our wedding day. My new husband and I essentially spent twenty minutes enjoying being newly married and we happened to have a friend capturing the moment and making the occasional suggestion – the experience and the photos are both perfect!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Danielle · Married on 11/01/2014

Melissa was awesome. She took amazing engagement and wedding photos for us and was very fun to work with. She was excited by our how-shall-we-say non-traditional sense of style, and very receptive to any specific pictures we wanted. She was flexible and engaging, and I would definitely recommend her photography services! Reach out to her, you won't regret it.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Melissa Kelsey Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,495.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter

Real Weddings

• Ryan Hinman Films
    Ryan Hinman Films Wedding Videographers

Uh, what can I say. She's awesome to work with. I love her photography. She's highly trained in her craft. Which is very important for a live event. Exceptional in every way.

• Donna Urban Events
    Donna Urban Events Wedding Planners

Such a lovely person who makes SUCH lovely images! A delight to work with, and a real professional!

• Black Tulip Event Flowers
    Black Tulip Event Flowers Wedding Florists

Melissa is the best Wedding Photographer I know.