Melissa Coe Ceremonies

Lake Oswego, OR View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

WELCOME to Melissa Coe Ceremonies where you will discover a refreshing, personal, and customized approach designed to make your wedding ceremony the BEST one you and your guests have ever attended! You won't find cookie-cutter, boring, redundant, copied-off-the-internet wedding ceremonies, and you absolutely won't find predictable! Each ceremony is created to be as unique as you and your love story: personal, meaningful, engaging, fun, and profound. No two ceremonies are ever the same.

Melissa Coe is an award-winning, professional and full-time Wedding Officiant and Master Life-Cycle Celebrant since 2009. She is known for creating welcoming and inclusive, one-of-a-kind, custom, and personal wedding ceremonies that honor marriage equality, faith, tradition, and orientation.

Services Offered:

• Always LGBTQ welcoming, open & inclusive.
  • Interfaith, secular, multi-cultural, ethnic & traditional including (separately or combined): Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, Jewish, Asian, Earth-Based, Christian, Pagan, Hawaiian, Spiritual, Nothing, Everything.
  • Theme weddings such as Dr. Who, Harry Potter, Victorian Steampunk, Hip-Hop, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Recycled, Fairy, Culinary, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek…
  • First, Encore (2nd, 3rd & 4th), Elopement, Vow Renewal, and Destination Wedding Ceremonies.
  • Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award Winner
  • OREGON Bride Magazine Best Officiant Award Winner: 2016, 2019, 2020
  • Woman-owned

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

OR
WA

What languages do you speak?

English

• Laura
    Laura B. Married on 05/07/2022

The ceremony no one will forget

If I had one word to describe Melissa, it would be joy...luckily, both she and I have an affinity for words, so I'm going to give you a lot more than that. ;)

We are Christians with strong faith, but a more progressive point of view than traditional. It was important to find someone who could honor our faith and weave it into the foundation of our ceremony, while also being an officiant who welcomes and values all people, is LGBTQ-friendly, and thinks of ways to create new, modern traditions. Melissa did all of this and more, and really captured who we are as both individuals and a couple. I know without a shadow of a doubt that she will meet absolutely any belief and way of life with the utmost respect and love for you.

Melissa is able to meet any couple where they're at, and will craft a ceremony that tells your story with so much life. Our ceremony was exactly what I had hoped for- it was all the feels! We had sentimentality, we had lots of laughter, we had respect, we had happy tears, and more than anything, we had love. So many people have commented on Melissa being the best wedding officiant they've ever seen, and I couldn't agree more. Melissa will bring your day to life, and the entire process of working with her up to that point is, again, an absolute joy.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

OMGosh! I LOVED marrying the two of you, you were both so much fun and hands-on with your ceremony (which I also loved!), knowing exactly what you wanted, and what you didn't. Please keep in touch, come back to Oregon anytime and I'll meet you in Oregon Wine country. Thank you so much for choosing me to be your Celebrant - it was my joy, delight and honor!!!
    Kellie L. Married on 10/09/2021

Melissa is amazing!

Melissa was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Since our first conversation, it felt like she understood our vision for our ceremony & understood us as a couple. She was open to our thoughts and feedback throughout the entire process and was just lovely to work with. Family & friends have told us on multiple occasions that it was one of the best ceremonies they had experienced. Melissa's professionalism & personality gave us complete confidence that she would make our ceremony beyond perfect. Thank you, Melissa!
    Andy Married on 10/02/2021

October Wedding

The work Melissa put in was far above what I would ever expect! Thank you Melissa for helping make our wedding so special!!!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Deals

Melissa Coe Ceremonies 1
Discount
I joyfully, emotionally and financially support marriage equality and the right to marry the one you love. I am committed to donating 10% of every same sex couple ceremony fee at which I officiate to the Human Rights Campaign, America's largest civil rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Marriage matters. LOVE matters. Enough said.

The Benson Hotel The Benson Hotel Hotel Weddings

Melissa Coe is the BEST in Portland.........

Columbia Edgewater Country Club Columbia Edgewater Country Club Country Club Weddings

Melissa Coe has been absolutely wonderful to work with! I highly recommend her to every couple I can. She has an incredible ability to connect so well with people. She has such a wonderful presence and adds the perfect touch to ceremonies. She is very reliable, professional and brings great energy. I feel so lucky to have met Melissa and love sharing this jewel with the brides and grooms I work with. :)

AWE Productions, LLC AWE Productions, LLC Wedding Planners

Once you meet Melissa, you could not imagine your wedding without her! Melissa's attention to detail and genuine interest in getting to know the couples she works with shows with her very unique and personalized ceremonies. From laughs to happy tears, Melissa will make your day special & memorable for you AND your guests.

Oregon & Washington Portland, Portland Lake Oswego, OR, 97034
Location of (Melissa Coe Ceremonies)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding