Wilmington, NC 28409 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Photos
  • Pricing

About Meg Henson Events

Hi, I'm Meg Henson! My passion for weddings and events comes from the desire to bring your vision to life. I moved to Wilmington, NC, in 1995 to attend UNC Wilmington and immediately fell in love with the area. With Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, historic downtown Wilmington, NC, and more right at my fingertips, it was an easy place to call home. As a single mom, I have become incredibly resourceful and adaptable. Providing for, and spending time with my son has always been a priority, so I have designed my work life around him. I thrive in a varied environment and enjoy the challenge of juggling many tasks at once, while still maintaining a focus on the details and always with a smile on my face. My resume reflects this unique skill set!

With an eye for a good investment, I became one of the founders of the Wilmington Yoga Center, the largest yoga center in the southeast US. As a manager for several years, I also ran many large scale marketing and fundraising events at our beautiful facility and at other local venues.

In 2006, I started a personal home cleaning business that continues to be a success.

Always open to a new and exciting opportunity, I co-founded Yoga Village in 2010, a local non-profit dedicated to bringing the benefits of yoga into underserved populations in the Wilmington, NC area. I am currently President of Yoga Village and am the chair of the Events Committee.

I began dabbling in event coordination in 2006 and was immediately drawn to the process. Since my first event, a dear friend's wedding, I went on to organize events in Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Figure Eight Island, Ocean Isle Beach, and Carolina Beach for local businesses, private parties, and many weddings. As one of the staff of 128 South, a local Wilmington, NC event space, since 2012, I have participated in various aspects of the event process and have been working as one of the primary wedding coordinators since 2014. My bubbly personality and commitment to working as a team in any group I am a part of has helped me to develop strong relationships with an extensive list of local vendors. This experience allows me to help you create and coordinate the team needed to make your event a success.

I understand that your wedding is one of the biggest days of your life, and I will work with the bride, groom, and their family to ensure that you can take with you a host of wonderful memories. My measure of success for every wedding, family or business event is that it begins and ends with you feeling ecstatic!

Top Three Reasons to hire Meg Henson Events:

I take tremendous pride in my work, and as an experienced planner in the Wilmington, NC area, I know the spaces, vendors, and I truly love bringing your event to life.

Your vision for the event is my priority, and I have an eye for details to make sure that vision becomes a reality. How In a word. . .preparation.

Oh no! The craziest, most totally random, unpredictable thing happened. No problem. I stay calm, focused, creative, adaptable and ALWAYS have a positive attitude to address any and every issue that might arise.

Follow Meg Henson Events on

29 Reviews for Meg Henson Events

Kristin · Married on 09/22/2018

Meg was amazing and helped create the most memorable weekend!! Would highly recommend!

Sandy · Married on 08/25/2018

I like to work with someone who is creative and efficient, but not overbearing. Meg was the perfect fit. She has great ideas for decor and helped guide me in a collaborative way.
    Never pushy. She is experienced, efficient, and worked well with all the vendors, caterers and entertainment.
    I had a wonderful experience working with Meg.

Meg Henson Events 1

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 1,400.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 2,200.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 50.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Designs by Dillon
    Designs by Dillon Wedding Florists

Meg is truly a one of a kind pro! She goes above and beyond for anything her clients need and it truly shows when she's apart of any event. From the smallest details she ensures that they are executed flawlessly and doesn't miss a beat when it comes to any task. We always look forward to seeing Meg Henson Events on our vendor list and you truly can't go wrong with having Meg apart of your big day!

• Wilmington, NC 28409 See on map