$1,400
Day-Of, Full, Partial

About Meg Henson Events

Hi, I'm Meg Henson! My passion for weddings and events comes from the desire to bring your vision to life. I moved to Wilmington, NC, in 1995 to attend UNC Wilmington and immediately fell in love with the area. With Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, historic downtown Wilmington, NC, and more right at my fingertips, it was an easy place to call home. As a single mom, I have become incredibly resourceful and adaptable. Providing for, and spending time with my son has always been a priority, so I have designed my work life around him. I thrive in a varied environment and enjoy the challenge of juggling many tasks at once, while still maintaining a focus on the details and always with a smile on my face. My resume reflects this unique skill set!

With an eye for a good investment, I became one of the founders of the Wilmington Yoga Center, the largest yoga center in the southeast US. As a manager for several years, I also ran many large scale marketing and fundraising events at our beautiful facility and at other local venues.

In 2006, I started a personal home cleaning business that continues to be a success.

Always open to a new and exciting opportunity, I co-founded Yoga Village in 2010, a local non-profit dedicated to bringing the benefits of yoga into underserved populations in the Wilmington, NC area. I am currently President of Yoga Village and am the chair of the Events Committee.

I began dabbling in event coordination in 2006 and was immediately drawn to the process. Since my first event, a dear friend's wedding, I went on to organize events in Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Figure Eight Island, Ocean Isle Beach, and Carolina Beach for local businesses, private parties, and many weddings. As one of the staff of 128 South, a local Wilmington, NC event space, since 2012, I have participated in various aspects of the event process and have been working as one of the primary wedding coordinators since 2014. My bubbly personality and commitment to working as a team in any group I am a part of has helped me to develop strong relationships with an extensive list of local vendors. This experience allows me to help you create and coordinate the team needed to make your event a success.

I understand that your wedding is one of the biggest days of your life, and I will work with the bride, groom, and their family to ensure that you can take with you a host of wonderful memories. My measure of success for every wedding, family or business event is that it begins and ends with you feeling ecstatic!

Top Three Reasons to hire Meg Henson Events:

I take tremendous pride in my work, and as an experienced planner in the Wilmington, NC area, I know the spaces, vendors, and I truly love bringing your event to life.

Your vision for the event is my priority, and I have an eye for details to make sure that vision becomes a reality. How In a word. . .preparation.

Oh no! The craziest, most totally random, unpredictable thing happened. No problem. I stay calm, focused, creative, adaptable and ALWAYS have a positive attitude to address any and every issue that might arise.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Day-Of Coord. (3)
Timelines (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Non-Religious (1)

Meg was the most wonderful planner. She made my wedding day a breeze so that my family and I could truly sit back and enjoy the day.

I thought planning a wedding from out of state would be challenging, but Meg assisted me through the entire process. She went out of her way to ensure I had the wedding I envisioned. She coordinated with the best vendors and was conscientious of our budget. She was a huge help with the rehearsal and was there from start to finish on the day of the wedding! Our wedding day would not have been the same without her.

Profile Picture Camber , 7/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Meg was the perfect mix of hands on & down to earth. We hired Meg 1 year before our wedding at Wrightsville Manor. We wanted to do a lot of the planning ourselves, but also needed Meg's wedding expertise and guidance. The last 2 months before the wedding as things got overwhelming, Meg stepped in and helped keep things organized & execute many tasks. She responded quickly to our questions & was flexible with meeting times & changing ideas.

Our wedding was a destination to NC & we were from out of state. Meg is very knowledgeable of the Wilmington area and provided great suggestions for our family/friends coming into town for the wedding. Over the year working with her, it also became clear to us that Meg has strong relationships with wedding vendors in the Wilmington area. A few specific experiences with Meg are as follows: We had extra money in our budget the week before the wedding and Meg was able to secure a photobooth and a florist to add additionally greenery for us at the last minute. The day of our wedding it rained, and we had planned to get married outside. Meg kept an eye on the forecast and worked with vendors to ensure we could have our ceremony outside, without placing any stress on us.

We highly recommend Meg as a wedding coordinator, whether you are planning your wedding from out of state or locally. Meg allowed us to enjoy our wedding day by taking the stress off our shoulders, especially the weeks and days leading up to our big day.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/29/18, 8 Reviews

Elopement
Number of Planners
2 AWARDS

1 ENDORSEMENT
Meg is truly a one of a kind pro! She goes above and beyond for anything her clients need and it truly shows when she's apart of any event. From the smallest details she ensures that they are executed flawlessly and doesn't miss a beat when it comes to any task. We always look forward to seeing Meg Henson Events on our vendor list and you truly can't go wrong with having Meg apart of your big day!

Wilmington, NC 28409   See On Map