Wilmington, NC 28403 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 73
  • Pricing

About Knot Too Shabby Events

Knot Too Shabby Events is a wedding planning company based in Wilmington, North Carolina. Melissa Burton is the principal event coordinator and owner of the company. She founded Knot Too Shabby Events in 2014. Melissa has a strong, women-only team for managing the planning and coordination. Katelyn Mattox is the lead event coordinator, while Kayla Tharrington, Alli Kicos, Sher Goheen, and Jenna Smith are the event assistants.These wedding planners help couples choose the most suitable theme for their wedding according to their style and personalities.

Experience
Melissa Burton has more than four years of experience in event management and six years in planning. She has over 13 years of experience in the service industry. She can also custom design a coordination package for her clients.

Knot Too Shabby Events offers wedding packages with the option of personalization to meet all their clients' requirements for ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. It caters to various wedding types including civil, destination, military, religious, non-religious, eco-friendly, and double weddings, as well as elopements. Their planning services include:

• Budget analysis
4002764orig
1982437orig
9694203orig
Knot Too Shabby Events
ceremony grooms first reaction look greenery weddi
Knot Too Shabby Events
centerpiece geometric greenery pink blush ivory go
Knot Too Shabby Events
ceremony kiss greenery wreath hanging white drapin
Knot Too Shabby Events
bride dress getting ready wrightsville manor brida
erin josh wedding 0376
erin josh wedding 0544
erin josh wedding 0851
erin josh wedding 0747
010erincosta
Knot Too Shabby Events
tablescape colorful burgundy boho garden nc city c
cedarbrook farms wedding purple ghost chair wilmin
cedarbrook farms wedding purple ghost chair wilmin
Knot Too Shabby Events
The lovely couple to be on overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway on Wrightsville Beach, NC
Bill Smith Caricature at Katie Jo + Cory's engagement party
Bill Smith Caricature at Katie Jo + Cory's engagement party
Coastal engagement session with tables and chairs from Eventful Furniture + Design
knottooshabbyeventsengagementpartywrightsvillebeac
dscn9342

• Videos 10

67 Reviews for Knot Too Shabby Events

Elizabeth · Married on 03/17/2018

We cannot rave more about Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without her - we're so happy she was part of our big day. Her attention to detail, calmness during wedding chaos, and warmth gave me so much piece of mind on our wedding day. Something I especially loved was that she creatively used extra decorations and flowers I had for the reception - she beautifully snipped flowers, strategically placed extra candles, and made last minute details absolutely perfect - she made my wedding vision a reality! The best day of our lives wouldn't have been possible without Melissa & her team. -Elizabeth & Harrison

Lauryn · Married on 12/30/2017

Let me first start out by saying I had NO idea what I was doing with this whole wedding planning thing --where do I start? What do I do first? Ugh, just the thought still makes me want to cry. I was married in Wilmington, NC on 12/30 after a May engagement. I knew I had a lot on my hands as I was solo planning a massive wedding of 180 people from D.C. on a weekend nestled between XMAS & NYE.
    I met Melissa (owner of Knot too shabby) at a coffee shop and we immediately connected. The only thing I am sure of - is you do NOT go with Melissa and her team-you will cry tears of sadness on your wedding day & everything will fall apart-it is a fact- mainly because there is ZERO chance I could of done it without her or her team because NO OTHER wedding planner could be this good. To be clear, Melissa and her team are no less than phenomenal at their jobs.
    I wouldn't say I am the most organized person but Melissa laid everything out for me, kept me on point & kept me from going off the rails. She was just incredible & handled everything. She was there for me ANYTIME I would email her, text her, call her - she would always get back to me ASAP. She was affordable & honestly, she and her team with worth every penny. Heck, I even had a few issues AFTER I got back from my honeymoon & she was still emailing, texting, calling me and my vendors on my behalf---now if that isn’t a remarkable wedding planner, I don’t know who is?!
    Broken glass on the dance floor? Not to fret! Her team were like little beer fairies anticipating that very thing & were immediately out there with broom & a dust pan cleaning it up as if something out of a Disney movie. She was insanely knowledgeable about EVERY vendor I needed (like when I needed projection screens to play music videos at my reception-no problem, she knows a guy). Hire her and your wedding will be smooth sailing --if you don’t hire her, prepare yourself for things to go completely wrong-that's a fact. She's a wedding planning angel.

Knot Too Shabby Events Pricing

Knot Too Shabby Events Price Rates

Knot Too Shabby Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,600.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,300.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,800.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 75.00
  • What weddings to you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Michael Moss Photography
    Michael Moss Photography Wedding Photographers

Melissa and her team were amazing to work with! Everything always looks good and timelines are always spot on! You always have the feeling that everything is taken care of when she is running things and that is a great feeling!

• Jewell Entertainment Group
    Jewell Entertainment Group Wedding DJs

Melissa and her team are true professionals. Life is always easy when they are the planners at any event we do together. Fun, friendly and organized she let's the vendors do their jobs while keeping your event moving smoothly. Hire them now!

• Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown
    Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown Travel Agents

We love your services and packages!

• Wilmington, NC 28403 See on map