Wilmington, Wilmington, NC 28403 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 58
  • Pricing

About Knot Too Shabby Events

Knot Too Shabby Events is an award-winning wedding planning company based in Wilmington, North Carolina. Melissa Burton, Principal Event Planner and owner of Knot Too Shabby Events, founded the company in 2014. The KTSE planning team grew to include, Katelyn Mattox, Lead Planner, in 2017. Knot Too Shabby Events will make your big day unforgettable thanks in large part to its kick-ass team of event assistants. Let Knot Too Shabby help you choose the most suitable theme for their wedding according to your style and personality.

Experience
Melissa Burton has grown from a small venue manager beginning in 2011 to one of the most sought after wedding planners in the area. (Shout out to winning #1 event planner with Encore Magazine in 2020 + 2019 and Wilmington Magazine in 2018!!) With Melissa's obvious love for what she does, it's no wonder she has captured the hearts of so many couples and local vendors. Melissa now has over nine years of experience in event management and six years in planning & design as lead planner and founder of Knot Too Shabby Events. Add on 10 years of customer service experience before that and she's worked with just about every type of person possible. She's a go-getter and serious when it comes to executing a perfect event but somehow makes it all look fun and enjoyable along the way. Reach out to Melissa to start chatting about your next event!

Knot Too Shabby Events offers wedding packages with the option of personalization to meet all their clients’ requirements for ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. It caters to various wedding types including civil, destination, military, religious, non-religious, eco-friendly, and double weddings, as well as elopements. Their planning services include:

• Budget analysis
  • Event management (formally known as "month of" coordination)
  • Event design

20150913114514
erin josh wedding 0544
erin josh wedding 0376
Wedding ceremony
centerpiece geometric greenery pink blush ivory go
erin josh wedding 0851
The couple with the bridesmaids and groomsmen
5142482orig
Couple cake cutting
Couple cake cutting
ceremony kiss greenery wreath hanging white drapin
Knot Too Shabby Events
ceremony grooms first reaction look greenery weddi
Knot Too Shabby Events
bride dress getting ready wrightsville manor brida
erin josh wedding 0747
8544737orig
2024614orig
3639024orig
4002764orig
1982437orig
9694203orig
Knot Too Shabby Events
tablescape colorful burgundy boho garden nc city c
cedarbrook farms wedding purple ghost chair wilmin
cedarbrook farms wedding purple ghost chair wilmin
Knot Too Shabby Events
Coastal engagement session with tables and chairs from Eventful Furniture + Design
knottooshabbyeventsengagementpartywrightsvillebeac

Videos 10 vídeos

77 Reviews for Knot Too Shabby Events

Lauren Deal · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Best decision we made!

We had the BEST experience with Melissa throughout the planning process and then with the team on the day-of! From the very beginning, Melissa was hands-on and able to help us craft what we wanted into actuality. When we first got engaged, I had a hard time explaining our dream wedding; Melissa helped us create the event of our dreams and was able to work within our budget constraints. She is also so well-connected with different vendors. We were able to get in touch and hire the best vendors suited for our event based on her recommendations.
    Like many people, we had to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. When we realized we had to make changes to our event, Melissa and her team were able to follow health and safety guidelines seamlessly and work to ensure we, as clients, were happy and help make sure vendors were all on the same page too.
    Hiring Melissa and her team was hands-down the best decision we made for our big day. Working with Melissa virtually eliminated the stress associated with wedding planning and made this chapter of our lives exciting and enjoyable.

Sent on 07/04/2020

Kelsey Wiese · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Incredible

Incredible experience from beginning to end, my only regret was getting the partial package instead of the full planning. I was an emotional wreck (like most brides) until Melissa took over, the second we left our first meeting my mom and I looked at each other, sighed and said "thank god we have Melissa". From coordinating the final issues and bills with our vendors, to little details that we forgot about Melissa handled it all during those two hours. After that meeting I was constantly emailing Melissa, and vice versa, I never felt like I was bothering her, she always had the answers and was always there to help! Also Melissa brought up the idea that we needed to do a first look, something I wanted but my husband was not thrilled about, we needed to do this because our wedding was at the end of October at 5:30 and the sun would have begun to set without a first look, something we NEVER thought about.

Now come rehearsal, our rowdy bridal party was corralled, it was short sweet and to the point and she had everyone paying attention it was awesome. She even thought through the marriage license portion of the day which I would have blanked on.

On the day of Melissa and her team were a GOD SEND. From getting to the venue the second it opened to coordinate the florist, to my dad dropping off lunch, to the guys dropping off decor. By the time I arrived at the venue it was basically set up besides final touches, I didn't have to stress or lift a finger, just answer a few questions, it was like Melissa was in my head! She made sure to keep the groomsmen in line and always let them know where they needed to be standing/waiting the entire time. Her assistant was also the absolute best, coordinating everything from checking behind me to grab my makeup, to grabbing our personalized pint glasses halfway through the night so we wouldn't forget them/leave them. They were even so thoughtful to get my husband and my favorite beer to make sure that we would never run out and that the bartenders always knew what we wanted. During cocktail hour they whisked us in the side door and upstairs so we could have a few moments together alone to reflect on the ceremony and eat some food!

I can not recommend Knot too Shabby enough, they truly were the best decision we made and helped me have the wedding of my dreams! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 05/01/2020
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/19/2019

Simply the best

Where do I even begin? I don't know if I have the words to accurately explain how amazing working with Melissa and her team was. Planning was a breeze; Melissa is so easy to talk to and really knows what she's doing. The day of, I didn't have to lift a finger and had no doubts that everything would be taken care of. I was treated so well by her staff and could not envision a better team for my big day!

Sent on 10/30/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Knot Too Shabby Events Pricing

Knot Too Shabby Events Price Rates

Knot Too Shabby Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1800
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 2700
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 4000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 75
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Michael Moss Photography
    Michael Moss Photography Wedding Photographers

Melissa and her team were amazing to work with! Everything always looks good and timelines are always spot on! You always have the feeling that everything is taken care of when she is running things and that is a great feeling!

• Jewell Entertainment Group Wedding DJs

Melissa and her team are true professionals. Life is always easy when they are the planners at any event we do together. Fun, friendly and organized she let's the vendors do their jobs while keeping your event moving smoothly. Hire them now!

• Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown Travel Agents

We love your services and packages!

• Wilmington Wilmington, NC, 28403 See on map
    Location of (Knot Too Shabby Events)