Knot Too Shabby Events

Wilmington, NC View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Knot Too Shabby Events is an award-winning wedding planning company based in Wilmington, North Carolina. Melissa Burton, Principal Event Planner and owner of Knot Too Shabby Events, founded the company in 2014. The KTSE planning team grew to include, Katelyn Mattox, Lead Planner, in 2017. Knot Too Shabby Events will make your big day unforgettable thanks in large part to its kick-ass team of event assistants. Let Knot Too Shabby help you choose the most suitable theme for their wedding according to your style and personality.

Experience
Melissa Burton has grown from a small venue manager beginning in 2011 to one of the most sought after wedding planners in the area. (Shout out to winning #1 event planner with Encore Magazine in 2020 + 2019 and Wilmington Magazine in 2018!!) With Melissa's obvious love for what she does, it's no wonder she has captured the hearts of so many couples and local vendors. Melissa now has over nine years of experience in event management and six years in planning & design as lead planner and founder of Knot Too Shabby Events. Add on 10 years of customer service experience before that and she's worked with just about every type of person possible. She's a go-getter and serious when it comes to executing a perfect event but somehow makes it all look fun and enjoyable along the way. Reach out to Melissa to start chatting about your next event!

Knot Too Shabby Events offers wedding packages with the option of personalization to meet all their clients’ requirements for ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. It caters to various wedding types including civil, destination, military, religious, non-religious, eco-friendly, and double weddings, as well as elopements. Their planning services include:

• Budget analysis
  • Event management (formally known as "month of" coordination)
  • Event design
  • Full planning
  • Partial planning
  • Referrals
  • Timelines
  • Guest list
  • To-do lists

Contact us today to schedule a Zoom consultation to see if we're a good fit to work together. From there, we'll send you a planning proposal - all quotes are custom.

• Woman-owned

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$75

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Tina S. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Excellent event planner!

WoW.... Melissa was Totally Top Notch! Melissa was on Time, Made a Schedule and Kept the Wedding moving throughout! We are SO Thankful for the hard work she put into my daughter's wedding! Even in a Pandemic, with All New Questions regarding Protocal, Melissa was Excellent!
    Lauren D. Married on 03/06/2022

Best decision we made!

We had the BEST experience with Melissa throughout the planning process and then with the team on the day-of! From the very beginning, Melissa was hands-on and able to help us craft what we wanted into actuality. When we first got engaged, I had a hard time explaining our dream wedding; Melissa helped us create the event of our dreams and was able to work within our budget constraints. She is also so well-connected with different vendors. We were able to get in touch and hire the best vendors suited for our event based on her recommendations.
    Like many people, we had to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. When we realized we had to make changes to our event, Melissa and her team were able to follow health and safety guidelines seamlessly and work to ensure we, as clients, were happy and help make sure vendors were all on the same page too.
    Hiring Melissa and her team was hands-down the best decision we made for our big day. Working with Melissa virtually eliminated the stress associated with wedding planning and made this chapter of our lives exciting and enjoyable.
    Lindsay K. Married on 10/02/2021

The Best of the Best

We hired Knot Too Shabby for a partial planning package and Melissa and Katelyn were absolutely amazing. Melissa happened to have a family members wedding the same day as mine, so I knew from day 1 that Katelyn would be my day-of coordinator. Luckily for me, that meant I got both of these awesome ladies’ help for the 14 months leading up to the wedding.
    Melissa is extremely honest about the wedding planning process and if you have an idea that may not work, she will tell you. I appreciate that so much because she truly has your best interest at heart and it’s extremely obvious that she wants your wedding to be the absolute best day. She has so much experience and has basically seen it all, so having someone like her to offer their honest opinions and suggestions was really a huge relief throughout the whole process.
    They were very responsive over email and answered my millions of questions in a timely manner, and we were even able to have some phone calls and meet up a few times before the wedding to go over final details. A month before the wedding, I handed over all of my contracts and they made sure that all of my vendor details were confirmed and squared away. It was really nice to have all of those phone calls and extra stress off my plate leading up to the wedding.
    Katelyn and the rest of the KTSE team absolutely rocked our wedding day. They completely transformed the venue space into a picturesque dream- like right off of a pinterest board. It was truly everything I had ever dreamed of when I pictured my wedding. They never stopped moving, ensuring every detail was perfectly executed and nothing got missed. Katelyn was by my side all day keeping me up to date on what was going on, keeping the timeline as close as possible, and making sure I always had fresh beverage! The wedding went so incredibly smooth, from our perspective. If anything did go wrong, we never knew a single thing about it. I have gotten SO MANY comments and compliments, from family and friends, about Katelyn; she truly was a Godsend and there is no way that our wedding day would’ve been what it was without her and the rest of the team.
    We can’t recommend the KTSE team enough!!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Michael Moss Photography Michael Moss Photography Wedding Photographers

Melissa and her team were amazing to work with! Everything always looks good and timelines are always spot on! You always have the feeling that everything is taken care of when she is running things and that is a great feeling!

Jewell Entertainment Group Jewell Entertainment Group Wedding DJs

Melissa and her team are true professionals. Life is always easy when they are the planners at any event we do together. Fun, friendly and organized she let's the vendors do their jobs while keeping your event moving smoothly. Hire them now!

Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown Travel Agents

We love your services and packages!

?PO Box 1467 Wilmington, NC, 28402
Location of (Knot Too Shabby Events)

Other vendors in Wilmington for your wedding