67 Reviews for Knot Too Shabby Events

Full Planning (4)
Destination (4)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
67 Knot Too Shabby Events Reviews

We cannot rave more about Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without her - we're so happy she was part of our big day. Her attention to detail, calmness during wedding chaos, and warmth gave me so much piece of mind on our wedding day. Something I especially loved was that she creatively used extra decorations and flowers I had for the reception - she beautifully snipped flowers, strategically placed extra candles, and made last minute details absolutely perfect - she made my wedding vision a reality! The best day of our lives wouldn't have been possible without Melissa & her team. -Elizabeth & Harrison

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Let me first start out by saying I had NO idea what I was doing with this whole wedding planning thing --where do I start? What do I do first? Ugh, just the thought still makes me want to cry. I was married in Wilmington, NC on 12/30 after a May engagement. I knew I had a lot on my hands as I was solo planning a massive wedding of 180 people from D.C. on a weekend nestled between XMAS & NYE.
I met Melissa (owner of Knot too shabby) at a coffee shop and we immediately connected. The only thing I am sure of - is you do NOT go with Melissa and her team-you will cry tears of sadness on your wedding day & everything will fall apart-it is a fact- mainly because there is ZERO chance I could of done it without her or her team because NO OTHER wedding planner could be this good. To be clear, Melissa and her team are no less than phenomenal at their jobs.
I wouldn't say I am the most organized person but Melissa laid everything out for me, kept me on point & kept me from going off the rails. She was just incredible & handled everything. She was there for me ANYTIME I would email her, text her, call her - she would always get back to me ASAP. She was affordable & honestly, she and her team with worth every penny. Heck, I even had a few issues AFTER I got back from my honeymoon & she was still emailing, texting, calling me and my vendors on my behalf---now if that isn’t a remarkable wedding planner, I don’t know who is?!
Broken glass on the dance floor? Not to fret! Her team were like little beer fairies anticipating that very thing & were immediately out there with broom & a dust pan cleaning it up as if something out of a Disney movie. She was insanely knowledgeable about EVERY vendor I needed (like when I needed projection screens to play music videos at my reception-no problem, she knows a guy). Hire her and your wedding will be smooth sailing --if you don’t hire her, prepare yourself for things to go completely wrong-that's a fact. She's a wedding planning angel.

Profile Picture Lauryn, 12/30/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Made things so much easier!!! A great help in every way!!

Profile Picture Dianne, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

From beginning to end- absolutely a top-notch experience working with Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. She is the BEST in her business. I honestly could not imagine going thru this process without her! I was having to plan a wedding from across the country, at a venue I had never even seen until a few months before our big day. I had a great experience with every single vendor she put in front of me. Her keen eye for detail, focus, extreme organization and responsiveness (she would always text/call/email back RIGHT away) always impressed me!! If you are looking for a wedding or event planner, I can tell you that you are doing yourself a disservice by NOT hiring her. Our wedding (and everything leading up to it) was absolute perfection! :)
Thank you Melissa for everything!

Profile Picture ALANA, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don’t know what we would have done without Melissa and her team! We had so many guests comment afterwards on how smoothly the day went. She was always available to answer questions and really kept our budget in mind. Melissa helped select our wonderful vendors and worked with all of them to make our vision come to life. She kept everything organized which gave us peace of mind. 100/10 stars!

Profile Picture Ashton, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Melissa and her assistant were excellent !!! Definitely recommend. Super prompt, professional, and friendly.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture maria, 7/17/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Day-Of Coord., Non-Religious

My husband and I would have been completely lost without Melissa and Raelin. They were absolutely incredible! They ensured that our wedding went off without a hitch and that everything about the day was all we could have hoped for and more. From the start, they were incredibly helpful, accommodating, patient, kind, understanding and genuinely down-to-earth and it was clear that they always had our best interests in mind throughout the planning process. Their attention to detail and professionalism did not go unnoticed by our guests who had nothing but wonderful things to say about Raelin and the rest of the team who acted as our day of coordinators. I would HIGHLY recommend Melissa and her team because our big day was absolutely perfect thanks to her, Raelin and the day-of dream squad!

Profile Picture Kat, 7/14/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The staff at Knot Too Shabby is amazing. They work so hard and are determined to make your special day better than you could have ever imagined. They listen to everything that is important to you and do everything in their power to make it happen. We would have been lost without Melissa and her girls! Highly recommend

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 7/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa and her team were amazing for our month of planning service! Her attention to detail is remarkable and she will make your wedding day/evening flawless! All of her pre-wedding documents keep me organized and after meeting with her a month out, I knew I made one of the best decisions to hire her! She was able to execute my vision and our wedding was beautiful! I was not stressed at all the day of our wedding, as I knew Melissa would handle any hurdles. The venue looked beautiful, her and her team quickly accommodated any of our needs/requests, they coordinated off the other vendors, and the night was perfect! I would totally recommend Knot Too Shabby Events to any of my friends!

Profile Picture Corrie, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

I can't say enough about Melissa and KTSE. I loved working with Melissa and her team. She listened to exactly what we wanted and also gave great suggestions. She handled all the last minute details with ease. She was great in keeping the stress of the day totally off of us. Our other vendors remarked about how they liked working with her. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Religious

We had the pleasure of working with Raelin at Knot Too Shabby Events! She was amazing in helping use through the last month of planning leading up to our wedding, from driving down to Ocean Isle to meet the venue event planner, to reminding of my homework items, and assembling/decorating a cheese wheel wedding cake. The greatest complement I can give her and her team is that the next day my husband and I realized we had zero idea if anything went wrong or as not as planned! We would hands down recommend her, absolutely made for stress free and enjoyable wedding day!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious

MELLISSA BURTON WAS WONDERFUL, SHE HANDLED EVERYTHING FOR THE WEDDING AND GAVE US EVERYTHING WE ASK FOR. THE WEDDING WAS BEAUTIFUL. SHE MADE THIS DAY SO SPECIAL...

Profile Picture LINDA, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa and Raelin are truly a pleasure to work with. Our daughter's wedding was executed flawlessly! From the initial meeting through the end of the reception, everything flowed beautifully. These ladies know the business, know what works, and every detail was perfect. If you are seeking a wedding planner, you will be doing yourself a favor by hiring Knot Too Shabby!

Profile Picture Sandra, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Raelin and Melissa are wonderful to work with! We had a pretty big wedding (over 200 people) and Raelin made sure everything was absolutely perfect on our big day. From the beginning of the wedding planning process all the way through the big day (and even after) Raelin was always available to answer questions. I highly recommend Raelin, Melissa, and the Knot Too Shabby team!!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This team was AMAZING to work with! The best money we could spend! We opted for the month of service and they handled everything so well. They saw my vision and totally nailed it! Couldn't ask for a better team to help me create my perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Ashley , 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Melissa and her team of ladies are truly the best at what they do! From our first meeting to the day I married the love of my life, Melissa and her team definitely made the wedding planning process stress free, and everything ran so smoothly. I am so blessed to have had her as our wedding planner, and to have used the partial planning package. She made our dreams a reality and our wedding was exactly what we wanted. Everything was beautiful and we received so many compliments on our river-side wedding and it was all because Melissa and her team put everything together perfectly. I couldn’t have asked for a more passionate wedding planner and team. They know what they are doing! I would definitely recommend Knot Too Shabby Events to anyone in need of a wedding planner and if I had to rate them from 1 to 10, they would get a 100. Whenever my husband and I had a questions, Melissa always responded in a timely manner and was always professional. She also continued to express her excitement throughout our year of planning which made my husband and I even more excited to get married. She recommended all of our vendors, and everyone was able to collaborate together. Melissa and the ladies of Knot Too Shabby Events understood our vision and it turned out beautifully. Thank you so much again for making our dreams a reality. I would highly recommend her and her team to any engaged couple!

Profile Picture Aubree, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We cannot express how thankful we were to have our wedding in the hands of Melissa and her team. From the very beginning Melissa was more like a friend who held my hand throughout the entire process and that last month she answered every single email and phone call IMMEDIATELY and offered relief, sound advice and calmed us. I know she works with so many couples, but she managed to make us feel like we were the only ones and top priority. She was not only extremely knowledgeable about the city of Wilmington but knows all of the vendors there. She worked with us diligently on who would best fit our needs and with her guidance we saved SO much time and money, which allowed us to shift our focus on other matters, like everyday life that still goes on while planning a wedding. After we chose what vendors we wanted to work with, she kept track of all that for us, we still don't know what magic she has to manage that, but she does it without breaking a sweat. I had a vision of how I wanted our wedding day to be and she brought that vision to life. She was there to make sure each item was delivered, she dealt with any little hiccups that came up, made sure every detail was thoughtfully placed and that our wedding was simply beautiful. Our guests are still telling us how gorgeous everything was, how seamless the day went and how everything just flowed naturally. We also got a million compliments on Melissa from our guests. Everyone loved her and noticed all of the hard work and time she put into making our wedding day exactly as we imagined it.

To word it more simply, KTSE's made it possible for us to let go of the wedding-related stress and enjoy our wedding day with our family and friends. We can't thank you enough for all that you have done for us.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

The Knot Too Shabby crew knocked it out of the park with our morning beach wedding. Working with Melissa and her team with the month of services was one of the best decisions we made...runner up to Brian and I marrying each other! :) The ability to turn a wet rainy morning into a beautiful sunny reception was not something I though could happen. However, the professionalism and communication that Melissa and her team had on our morning was outstanding and the key aspect of making our transitions due to weather happen. She was able to get family and guests to quickly and happily help with quick decisions without everything looking like a cluster. Her positive demeanor and determination radiated putting everyone else at ease during quick transitions due to weather. Without a doubt, without Knot Too Shabby, our dream of a casual no stress wedding morning would not have happened. We will forever be grateful for their services and feeling like family throughout the whole process. We were blessed to have connected with Melissa and look forward to seeing the team at other friend's events in the future!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

Melissa and her staff at Knot Too Shabby Events are amazing! They are professional, responsive, flexible and easy to work with! Our wedding was beautiful and exceeded our expectations in every way; thanks to Knot Too Shabby Events!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa and her team made our wedding day as stress free as it could possibly be! I didn't have to worry about decorating, when vendors were arriving, if my fiancé was running on time, EVERYTHING was taken care of! I was planning a destination wedding in wilmington from New Jersey, so Melissa really helped me with which vendors to choose! Seriously, you will not regret going with knot too shabby, it was money well spent! I cannot thank Melissa and her team enough for helping make our wedding day one of the best days of our lives!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I just can't say enough about Melissa and her staff. Everything was absolutely perfect when I meet Melissa she said your wedding day will be sipping champagne and feeling beautiful without anything else to worry about. That's exactly what she delivered . Love you Melissa and Raylin (sorry if I spelled it wrong) you made me feel like a princess !!

Profile Picture Sharron, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa and her team literally made our wedding what it was. From the very beginning she was extremely hands on, helpful, and attentive, despite only being our "month of" coordinator. She has a way of streamlining the process of wedding planning so that it is stress free and SO much fun! She always came to meetings with a game plan and any suggestions I may have needed, and was so helpful when I got stuck on something I wasn't quite sure how to pull off. Our wedding ended up being so beautiful and organized beyond my expectations. I literally gave them a pile of stuff to decorate with and what they did with everything was so creative and beautiful! The timeline was so streamlined and natural, everyone knew exactly where to be and when in a way that didn't seem at all rushed or scattered. We ended up being able to enjoy every second of it instead of worrying about the logistics. Melissa is so passionate and talented about the work that she does and it really shows through in the final product. She made our wedding day absolutely perfect and if you are on the fence about booking even a day-of coordinator (& trust me you NEED one) she is hands down the best decision you will make!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design

Melissa Burton and Knot Too Shabby Events(KTSE) are TOP notch to say the LEAST!! If it were not for Melissa and KTSE my wedding would NOT have been possible!!!! My husband and I got married at Airlie Gardens and the venue required we hire a day of wedding coordinator for our wedding. I did some research online for wedding/event coordinators and came upon KTSE. I was IMMEDIATELY impressed with her website and creative business name and I reached out regarding availability for services for our wedding day. NOT even 4 hours later, I had a response in my inbox from Melissa herself! We set up a sit down meeting and she had me asked me to fill out a details sheet online document about my wedding (set up, wedding style, vendors, etc) prior to our meeting which was extremely thorough.
At our sit down meeting, I was impressed-- yet again-- with her professionalism, organization, and attention to detail. She had reviewed my detail sheet and was very informed on what I was looking for in our wedding and also what we were looking for in a coordinator. Melissa explained the services included in her "month of" package which was PERFECT for us and extremely helpful because the 30 days prior to your wedding is CRAZY and every couple needs help-- whether you believe it or not! The contract logistics and payment process with them was definitely one of the easiest out of all of our 12 wedding vendors!
During the time leading up to the wedding, Melissa was ALWAYS responsive and helpful. If I needed anything she was ALWAYS there and always SUPER quick to respond! Our rehearsal and wedding day went of without a hitch! We had a TON of moving parts for our wedding and Melissa and her team made the process SEAMLESS!! Her organization and communication was ALWAYS way above par!!
If you are a bride, groom, or couple who thinks they can do it all...guess what-- you can't! Stop what you are doing right now and contact KTSE-- you will be SO glad you did!!

Profile Picture Meagan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, To-Do Lists, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

I cannot say enough good things about the Knot Too Shabby Team! My wife and I met Melissa back in 2015 when we hired her for our May 2016 wedding. Now, I know this review is coming really late as I normally do not write reviews... However, this is well deserved!
Sara and I had been researching gay friendly venues and vendors after reading horror stories of people refusing services to LGBT couples. Melissa was actually the coordinator for our venue at the time and I believe she was also doing Knot Too Shabby. We were a little nervous about the initial meeting considering there was still a lot of controversy about same sex marriage. Melissa completely put our minds at ease! I knew from that day she would be ninja jumping the railings after anyone who tried to disrupt our day :D
Now, I will admit I didn't want to spend the extra money on a planner since we were already on a pretty tight budget but I'm so thankful that I did!! The KTS team went above and beyond. They kept me organized, sane, and reminded me of all the small things that people tend to forget. Day of wedding I dropped everything off at the venue and let everyone do the decorating for me. IT WAS PERFECT! It should be noted that I did have some mishaps but Melissa was quick to the rescue. 1. One of my bridesmaids dresses ripped before the ceremony (We sewed that thing back on and I had a drink poured and waiting on me) 2. I forgot the MOH's special beer (She only drinks one kind and she is the MOH after all..Melissa left the reception to go pick it up) 3. Last minute pricing issues with a caterer (She handled that one too)
Not once did we feel like we were treated different for being a part of the LGBT community. You could tell the KTS team was genuinely happy for us and it was special to my wife and I to be surrounded by such and amazing and talented team. If you're looking for a coordinator I whole heartily recommend KTS!!! Bonus: She may even take you to a beer festival ;)

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/14/16, 1 Review