Knot Too Shabby Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Tina S. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Excellent event planner!

WoW.... Melissa was Totally Top Notch! Melissa was on Time, Made a Schedule and Kept the Wedding moving throughout! We are SO Thankful for the hard work she put into my daughter's wedding! Even in a Pandemic, with All New Questions regarding Protocal, Melissa was Excellent!
  • Madison
    Madison W. Married on 05/14/2022

The best planner in Wilmington!

As a type A, over planner I always knew that I would want to use a wedding planner for my big day but after meeting Melissa at Knot Too Shabby I realized that I had met my match! Melissa was always available, always bubbly, always tentative and always there for me. She listened to the ideas of our loved one's, but always made sure she was tending to my husband and I's needs as well. Her guidance through the planning process was unbelievable. From the portal she offers, the layout and timeline she develops, the thorough meetings to the month before my wedding when she took over, I always knew that we were in good hands. A wedding is supposed to be about celebrating your love not stressing and Melissa allowed us to do just that. Her knowledge of the vendors in town and the relationships she has with all of them is top notch. Every vendor I booked would get so excited when they heard I was using Knot too Shabby. I can not say enough good things about my wedding day and all that Melissa and her team did for me. She made sure that every single part of the day was how I imagined it would be. It is not easy coordinating my large wedding party, big Italian family and 200 person guest list, but she did just that. Leading up to the ceremony someone was always checking in on me and telling me where I needed to be. I felt like a princess being escorted everywhere and they truly treated me like a celebrity. From talking down my nerves right before I walked down the isle, to holding my dress and flowers I was always taken care of. After the ceremony we were greeted with our drink of choice and from that moment on our drink was never empty. We were waited on by the Knot too Shabby staff the entire night. After photos the staff made sure we had a few moments of alone time to take a deep breath, enjoy the apps and bustle my dress (which I could have never done on my own). The reception was everything I dreamed it would be! Melissa had the space flipped to exactly how I imagined it. They continued to take care of us the entire night-- making sure we ate, had a drink, didn't need anything. They helped us coordinate walking around to greet the tables and where to start at first. They made sure we had my Grandmother's champagne glasses filled for our toasts. Anything you can think of, Melissa and her team did. At the end of the reception she even managed to line up 200 tipsy guests for our sparkler exit. Last, but not least we were staying at a cottage for the night right next to our wedding venue. After the 'after party' we got back to the cottage to find our cards neatly laid out, my wedding bouquet in a vase with water next to my bed, a meal labeled for Tanner and I in the fridge, wedding cake laid out for us and all of our items neatly stacked away. After a loooong, perfect day, I can't begin to tell you how incredible it was to come home to all of those finishing details. When I say Knot too Shabby is the BEST, I mean it. I could go on for days about how much they did for us and how perfect they made our wedding day. Melissa and her team truly care about their clients and it is so very evident in the service that they provide. I couldn't imagine planning a wedding without Knot too Shabby. If you want the day of your dreams with no stress, no worries, a day that flows perfectly and every detail in place then you have to work with Knot too Shabby. Melissa- I can not thank you enough for all that you did. Your title might be wedding planner, but you are seriously an angel on Earth.
    Marissa Married on 04/30/2022

The best of the best!

I wish I could somehow give this review over 5 stars - that's how amazing Melissa as her entire team is! We were fortunate enough to work with her full service for our wedding in April. We had our ceremony at a church and our reception at Ironclad Brewery downtown. Having our wedding in two locations involved some logistics - however Melissa worked everything out and it was so smooth. I can't even tell you how many people told me afterwards "the was the smoothest and best wedding I've ever attended". I credit Melissa and her team 100%!! We had the BEST vendor team and that was all due to her recommendations. I couldn't be happier and our wedding high will never go away
    Lauren D. Married on 03/06/2022

Best decision we made!

We had the BEST experience with Melissa throughout the planning process and then with the team on the day-of! From the very beginning, Melissa was hands-on and able to help us craft what we wanted into actuality. When we first got engaged, I had a hard time explaining our dream wedding; Melissa helped us create the event of our dreams and was able to work within our budget constraints. She is also so well-connected with different vendors. We were able to get in touch and hire the best vendors suited for our event based on her recommendations.
    Like many people, we had to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. When we realized we had to make changes to our event, Melissa and her team were able to follow health and safety guidelines seamlessly and work to ensure we, as clients, were happy and help make sure vendors were all on the same page too.
    Hiring Melissa and her team was hands-down the best decision we made for our big day. Working with Melissa virtually eliminated the stress associated with wedding planning and made this chapter of our lives exciting and enjoyable.
    Lindsay K. Married on 10/02/2021

The Best of the Best

We hired Knot Too Shabby for a partial planning package and Melissa and Katelyn were absolutely amazing. Melissa happened to have a family members wedding the same day as mine, so I knew from day 1 that Katelyn would be my day-of coordinator. Luckily for me, that meant I got both of these awesome ladies’ help for the 14 months leading up to the wedding.
    Melissa is extremely honest about the wedding planning process and if you have an idea that may not work, she will tell you. I appreciate that so much because she truly has your best interest at heart and it’s extremely obvious that she wants your wedding to be the absolute best day. She has so much experience and has basically seen it all, so having someone like her to offer their honest opinions and suggestions was really a huge relief throughout the whole process.
    They were very responsive over email and answered my millions of questions in a timely manner, and we were even able to have some phone calls and meet up a few times before the wedding to go over final details. A month before the wedding, I handed over all of my contracts and they made sure that all of my vendor details were confirmed and squared away. It was really nice to have all of those phone calls and extra stress off my plate leading up to the wedding.
    Katelyn and the rest of the KTSE team absolutely rocked our wedding day. They completely transformed the venue space into a picturesque dream- like right off of a pinterest board. It was truly everything I had ever dreamed of when I pictured my wedding. They never stopped moving, ensuring every detail was perfectly executed and nothing got missed. Katelyn was by my side all day keeping me up to date on what was going on, keeping the timeline as close as possible, and making sure I always had fresh beverage! The wedding went so incredibly smooth, from our perspective. If anything did go wrong, we never knew a single thing about it. I have gotten SO MANY comments and compliments, from family and friends, about Katelyn; she truly was a Godsend and there is no way that our wedding day would’ve been what it was without her and the rest of the team.
    We can’t recommend the KTSE team enough!!!
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 06/18/2021

Perfect, Stress-Free Wedding!

WOW! Melissa and the rest of the Knot Too Shabby team were absolutely amazing to work with as we planned our wedding! From day one, Melissa was friendly and honest about the wedding-planning process. She was there for us every step of the way, making sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted. We had to make the extremely difficult decision to postpone our wedding due to COVID, and Melissa was right there with us, making sure all our vendors were on board and that everything stayed the same, all while keeping us calm about the switch and excited about our big day. Her professionalism, friendliness, and patience blew us away throughout the entire wedding process. Melissa is extremely hardworking and detail-oriented, which we truly appreciated. Melissa brought in her also incredible team members on our wedding day. They too were extremely helpful and friendly, offering to help, solving any problems (not that we would have known if there were any!), and ensuring we were relaxed and enjoying ourselves fully. Not only were we impressed, but our guests were raving about their interactions with the KTS team as well. We were unsure if we wanted a wedding planner at first, but oh my gosh, are we so happy and grateful that we did, and that we chose the best there is, because our wedding day was perfectly perfect and SO much fun. We didn’t have to worry about anything and it felt like we were their only wedding all year, because of how much dedication and support they showed us constantly. We love KTS & know that you will too!!
  • Kari
    Kari S. Married on 05/01/2021

Bessette Day Ever-Kari and Colby 5.1.21

Melissa and her team went above and beyond to make this day everything we dreamed up. Being out of state and having a wedding during COVID was not easy but Melissa was there to help every step of the way! She had great vendor recommendations and had great attention to detail. She had great ideas on how to use space and keep within our budget! She and her team guided us through the day of without any hiccups! If you are looking for a genuine, trustworthy and detailed orientated team to help plan your wedding 1800callmelissa!
  • Rose
    Rose T. Married on 04/10/2021

I could not have pulled this wedding off without them!

Melissa, Kaitlyn and the whole KTS team were absolutely amazing! They understood my vision of a simple boho romantic farm wedding and executed every little detail perfectly. They were so professional and poised, I was so happy that I took their advise when I saw every suggestion they made come to fruition on our wedding day. They updated all of the vendors every step of the way to confirm the timeline and everyone knew exactly what to do when they arrived and the day could not have gone any smoother! It was also really awesome seeing the Instagram pics and videos behind the scenes afterwards while on our honeymoon. I can't recommend them enough!!
  • Julia
    Julia K. Married on 04/02/2021

The besttttt planner/coordinator out there!!

This was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. Melissa was one of the first people I decided to work with, and she did not disappoint. Over the three years we coordinated and planned our wedding, she went above and beyond. We had partial planning services, but she truly our did herself. With Covid-19 affecting our wedding, she went through two postponements with us. She never skipped a beat, was beyond helpful and wanted to just help us out and make things a little easier for us. She has so much experience and is so knowledgeable about what we needed to have to make our day seamless. Day of, we were so carefree and able to have so much fun and enjoy ourselves because we knew we were in the best hands. The KTSE team will make you feel so special on your wedding day and will have everything running smoothly. Best decision ever!!!
    Kelsey W. Married on 02/10/2021

Incredible

Incredible experience from beginning to end, my only regret was getting the partial package instead of the full planning. I was an emotional wreck (like most brides) until Melissa took over, the second we left our first meeting my mom and I looked at each other, sighed and said "thank god we have Melissa". From coordinating the final issues and bills with our vendors, to little details that we forgot about Melissa handled it all during those two hours. After that meeting I was constantly emailing Melissa, and vice versa, I never felt like I was bothering her, she always had the answers and was always there to help! Also Melissa brought up the idea that we needed to do a first look, something I wanted but my husband was not thrilled about, we needed to do this because our wedding was at the end of October at 5:30 and the sun would have begun to set without a first look, something we NEVER thought about.

Now come rehearsal, our rowdy bridal party was corralled, it was short sweet and to the point and she had everyone paying attention it was awesome. She even thought through the marriage license portion of the day which I would have blanked on.

On the day of Melissa and her team were a GOD SEND. From getting to the venue the second it opened to coordinate the florist, to my dad dropping off lunch, to the guys dropping off decor. By the time I arrived at the venue it was basically set up besides final touches, I didn't have to stress or lift a finger, just answer a few questions, it was like Melissa was in my head! She made sure to keep the groomsmen in line and always let them know where they needed to be standing/waiting the entire time. Her assistant was also the absolute best, coordinating everything from checking behind me to grab my makeup, to grabbing our personalized pint glasses halfway through the night so we wouldn't forget them/leave them. They were even so thoughtful to get my husband and my favorite beer to make sure that we would never run out and that the bartenders always knew what we wanted. During cocktail hour they whisked us in the side door and upstairs so we could have a few moments together alone to reflect on the ceremony and eat some food!

I can not recommend Knot too Shabby enough, they truly were the best decision we made and helped me have the wedding of my dreams! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey J. Married on 10/02/2020

Beyond amazing!

Melissa is beyond amazing!! Not only is she the most organized person in the world but also the nicest and most personable. I feel like I have made a friend for life after having worked with her. From our first phone call, she instantly made me feel comfortable about planning a wedding. Then after covid hit and we had to change the game plan, she did not give me any reason to doubt going forward with our big day. She made sure our wedding wasn't a cookie cutter wedding. It was a wedding that was personal to us and that was so important!

Her day of team was just as amazing and helped make our wedding perfect!!
    Sarah Married on 05/22/2020

Amazing Wedding Planner

Melissa and the Knot to Shabby team were absolutely amazing. We used her full planning package and it was worth every penny. From the design to the day of everything was really perfect. During the entire planning process Melissa was super organized, provided us with a lot of helpful panning tools and always kept in contact with us via email, phone and zoom meetings. She was very willing to accommodate our budget and helped us navigate some last minute covid changes. Every single vendor she helped us to pick was amazing. On the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly. Melissa and her team brought our vision to life. It was truly better than what we ever imagined. Her team was on top of everything, helping to make sure everyone was in the right place, that things happened on time, and that we got to have a stress-free and fun time.
  • Courtney
    Courtney L. Married on 04/18/2020

Absolutely amazing

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful it was to work with Katelyn and Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. They are amazing people inside and out! Katelyn was our planner, and she was so knowledgeable, supportive, organized, and responsive throughout the whole process. She brought my attention to so many details that I would have never thought of, and had an answer for every question I threw at her.
    Our wedding was planned for May 16, 2020, so our plans were significantly changed by COVID-19. Our plans changed not once, but THREE times, and Katelyn handled it with such grace and with a smile. While navigating through the emotional coronavirus mess, Katelyn was supportive and helpful through all the changes with vendors, plans, new restrictions and timelines. I cannot thank Katelyn and the rest of the team at Knot Too Shabby enough for all of their help!
  • Abby
    Abby Married on 10/19/2019

Simply the best

Where do I even begin? I don't know if I have the words to accurately explain how amazing working with Melissa and her team was. Planning was a breeze; Melissa is so easy to talk to and really knows what she's doing. The day of, I didn't have to lift a finger and had no doubts that everything would be taken care of. I was treated so well by her staff and could not envision a better team for my big day!
  • SK
    Sk Married on 09/14/2019

Five star service

FIVE STAR EVENT PLANNING SERVICE! Hands down, the easiest and best decision we made was to have Melissa and her team assist in making our wedding weekend perfect. First time brides- you don’t know what you need until you experience it and let me tell you, you need Melissa and/or Katelyn on your wedding day! From start to finish Melissa took over the planning process (at our request) from the timeline, to the layout, and even vendor interactions making it painless, easy, and professional for us. If you are type A or detail oriented, search no more, Melissa is your girl. Every detail, down to the minute was planned and executed flawlessly. Day of was a dream, truly. Katelyn was 10 steps ahead of us and anticipated our every need from the ceremony to the very end of the reception and every step in between. The attention to detail was unbelievable. Looking back on the day, we would pay double for all that the KTSE team did to make it so easy and enjoyable for not only us but also our guests. Thank you Melissa and Katelyn for being a part of our big day. We will never have another large event without some sort of oversight from this team!
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 07/20/2019

Best experience ever!

I was pretty hesitant on going with a wedding planner, but decided to go with Melissa and her team. It truly was the best vendor choice we made hands down. From day one, talking about the wedding with Melissa was like talking to a friend. She was so understanding and knowledgeable and knew exactly what we wanted. The day before our wedding the heat index was so high, that Melissa made the suggestion to move most of our wedding inside, and my god was she right. Our wedding day truly turned out perfect because of her, and she even helped me days following our wedding. We had so many people come up to us bragging about Melissa and how “that girl knows what she’s doing” and we couldn’t have agreed more. Their team is truly worth every penny and we couldn’t have done it without them!
  • Abriane
    Abriane T. Married on 06/22/2019

Fairy Godmothers!

Melissa truly is amazing, along with her staff. Every day leading up to the wedding she was always there, quick responses and gave me different options to choose from when it came to her advice on details. I trusted her from the moment we had our first phone call consultation. Her true colors came to light on my actual wedding day. This whole time she was helpful and friendly. But having her, and her staff, on the day of my wedding?! It was just like having a team of fairy godmothers there to give you exactly what you need before you even need it. It was like she went from super woman to supercalifragalisticexpialidocious woman! Not only were they there for me but my wedding party and guests as well. Whatever anyone needed they were there to help. My MOH was talking to a bridesmaid and told her she needed bandaids, one of the KTSE ladies said I will be right back and got her bandaids. One of the ladies also followed my husband and I around during our picture time and she was so helpful. I made a comment about my bouquet being heavy and her staff member offered to hold it for me. They are there constantly fluffing your dress, fixing that one piece of hair before a picture, getting you a drink, holding your dress for you while you pee, hyping you up the whole day! My wedding day is one of the best days of mine and my husbands life, we constantly wish we could relive the day, and large part of that is because of KTSE and how easy going, and stress free we were on the day of. They are there to do all the worrying, decorating, setting up, everything for you, so that you can truly enjoy your wedding day.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 06/01/2019

Best planner ever!!

Words simply cannot describe how perfect Melissa and her team are! We hired Melissa for full service planning in August 2017 for our wedding in June 2019 at Wrightsville Manor, and I genuinely don’t think we could have had our dream wedding without her. Melissa made an effort to get to know both my husband and I throughout the process and helped us determine what our priorities were for our big day. From that, she made vendor recommendations based on those priorities, along with the ideas and designs that we collectively came up with. When issues arose during the planning process, she handled them with the utmost level of professionalism. On the day of our wedding, she literally handled everything (decorating, coordinating vendor arrival and set up, etc.) so we, along with our families and bridal party, could just focus on experiencing the excitement of our wedding day. It’s been 2 weeks since our wedding and we’re STILL getting messages and phone calls from guests about how beautiful our wedding was and how amazing Melissa’s team (& her recommended vendors) were. If you’re on the fence about hiring a planner, do it. But don’t just hire any planner, hire Knot Too Shabby Events!!
  • Celina
    Celina Married on 05/18/2019

Knot Too Shabby is the best!

WOW. I cannot say enough good things about Melissa and her team. She was always responsive and was able to answer every question I had. If you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner don't be, go ahead and book Melissa! She made my wedding so stress free, I did not have to lift one finger on my big day and her whole team was there at every moment to help with anything and everything. Melissa is forever Wilmington's best wedding planner, I will always recommend her!!!!!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/06/2019

Airlie Gardens and a Dream Planner!

Where to start..... Melissa is the absolute best. She is not only the sweetest, but most organized person I have ever met. She and her team went above and beyond from the beginning. Every little detail was thought out precisely. Even down to the bags in the getaway car! All the vendors worked so seemlessly together because of Melissa. Thank you thank you thank you for planning out every little detail so we could enjoy every moment. We love you!!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 03/23/2019

The best investment we made in our day

We used the full planning service of KTSE, and I cannot explain how much we love Melissa, Katelyn, and the entire team. As an out-of-town bride, Melissa was so helpful with scheduling and attending my vendor meetings, helping me tweak my design ideas, and keeping me on track with my own to-do list. Melissa is also a genuinely sweet person, she really works to build relationships with her brides to understand what the "perfect day" looks like to them. On our wedding day, our families were able to relax and truly enjoy it because we knew Melissa and her team had everything covered. KTSE was there early to handle directing vendors, and venue set up. They ensured all the major and minor details were completed and that Michael and I stayed on schedule. Her team was always checking on us to make sure we didn't need anything, and kept smiling and sweeping when our guests broke a countless number of wine glasses. She and her team were the best investment we made in our day, the peace of mind they brought was priceless. I can honestly say because of the them, we had the very best wedding day.
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding Planner and More!

It has been about two weeks since Michael and I tied the knot and we truly can say the day wouldn’t have been as amazing and perfect without the help, guidance, support and love of Melissa and her staff. Melissa is so so so amazing to work with. Melissa has such an eye for detail and makes sure the day goes off without a hitch. Melissa is extremely organized and made sure all details were taken care of and thought of for our big day. Melissa took our vision and made sure it came to life for our big day. She also made the big day so stress free since she had taken care of all of the details. All of my bridal party complimented how well she was able to get people organized and where they needed to be with such ease. I really could go on and on about how amazing Melissa is but if you are looking for a wedding planner, just call her and you will see what I mean! If you need a planner - Melissa and Knot Too Shabby is worth every penny and more!!
    Catie Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding Planning Team In Wilmington

Honestly I can't even begin to describe how AMAZING Knot Too Shabby Events and team are! As a bride who is passionate about design and also planning they helped so much for the month of. From the moment I met Melissa I knew she had to be a part of my wedding and she exceeded all of my expectations. My now husband and I ended our wedding night saying none of this could have been possible without Melissa and her team. KTSE made everything so easy on us and put us at ease from the moment Melissa stepped in to help us. Melissa is so organized and detailed and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her on our wedding day. She allowed me to enjoy me wedding while she made sure everything ran smoothly.
    Elizabeth Married on 03/17/2018
    We cannot rave more about Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without her - we're so happy she was part of our big day. Her attention to detail, calmness during wedding chaos, and warmth gave me so much piece of mind on our wedding day. Something I especially loved was that she creatively used extra decorations and flowers I had for the reception - she beautifully snipped flowers, strategically placed extra candles, and made last minute details absolutely perfect - she made my wedding vision a reality! The best day of our lives wouldn't have been possible without Melissa & her team. -Elizabeth & Harrison
    Lauryn Married on 12/30/2017
    Let me first start out by saying I had NO idea what I was doing with this whole wedding planning thing --where do I start? What do I do first? Ugh, just the thought still makes me want to cry. I was married in Wilmington, NC on 12/30 after a May engagement. I knew I had a lot on my hands as I was solo planning a massive wedding of 180 people from D.C. on a weekend nestled between XMAS & NYE.
    I met Melissa (owner of Knot too shabby) at a coffee shop and we immediately connected. The only thing I am sure of - is you do NOT go with Melissa and her team-you will cry tears of sadness on your wedding day & everything will fall apart-it is a fact- mainly because there is ZERO chance I could of done it without her or her team because NO OTHER wedding planner could be this good. To be clear, Melissa and her team are no less than phenomenal at their jobs.
    I wouldn't say I am the most organized person but Melissa laid everything out for me, kept me on point & kept me from going off the rails. She was just incredible & handled everything. She was there for me ANYTIME I would email her, text her, call her - she would always get back to me ASAP. She was affordable & honestly, she and her team with worth every penny. Heck, I even had a few issues AFTER I got back from my honeymoon & she was still emailing, texting, calling me and my vendors on my behalf---now if that isn’t a remarkable wedding planner, I don’t know who is?!
    Broken glass on the dance floor? Not to fret! Her team were like little beer fairies anticipating that very thing & were immediately out there with broom & a dust pan cleaning it up as if something out of a Disney movie. She was insanely knowledgeable about EVERY vendor I needed (like when I needed projection screens to play music videos at my reception-no problem, she knows a guy). Hire her and your wedding will be smooth sailing --if you don’t hire her, prepare yourself for things to go completely wrong-that's a fact. She's a wedding planning angel.