Knot Too Shabby Events Reviews

80 | Wilmington, NC

80 Reviews for Knot Too Shabby Events

Lauren Deal · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Best decision we made!

We had the BEST experience with Melissa throughout the planning process and then with the team on the day-of! From the very beginning, Melissa was hands-on and able to help us craft what we wanted into actuality. When we first got engaged, I had a hard time explaining our dream wedding; Melissa helped us create the event of our dreams and was able to work within our budget constraints. She is also so well-connected with different vendors. We were able to get in touch and hire the best vendors suited for our event based on her recommendations.
    Like many people, we had to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. When we realized we had to make changes to our event, Melissa and her team were able to follow health and safety guidelines seamlessly and work to ensure we, as clients, were happy and help make sure vendors were all on the same page too.
    Hiring Melissa and her team was hands-down the best decision we made for our big day. Working with Melissa virtually eliminated the stress associated with wedding planning and made this chapter of our lives exciting and enjoyable.

Sent on 07/04/2020

Kelsey Wiese · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Incredible

Incredible experience from beginning to end, my only regret was getting the partial package instead of the full planning. I was an emotional wreck (like most brides) until Melissa took over, the second we left our first meeting my mom and I looked at each other, sighed and said "thank god we have Melissa". From coordinating the final issues and bills with our vendors, to little details that we forgot about Melissa handled it all during those two hours. After that meeting I was constantly emailing Melissa, and vice versa, I never felt like I was bothering her, she always had the answers and was always there to help! Also Melissa brought up the idea that we needed to do a first look, something I wanted but my husband was not thrilled about, we needed to do this because our wedding was at the end of October at 5:30 and the sun would have begun to set without a first look, something we NEVER thought about.

Now come rehearsal, our rowdy bridal party was corralled, it was short sweet and to the point and she had everyone paying attention it was awesome. She even thought through the marriage license portion of the day which I would have blanked on.

On the day of Melissa and her team were a GOD SEND. From getting to the venue the second it opened to coordinate the florist, to my dad dropping off lunch, to the guys dropping off decor. By the time I arrived at the venue it was basically set up besides final touches, I didn't have to stress or lift a finger, just answer a few questions, it was like Melissa was in my head! She made sure to keep the groomsmen in line and always let them know where they needed to be standing/waiting the entire time. Her assistant was also the absolute best, coordinating everything from checking behind me to grab my makeup, to grabbing our personalized pint glasses halfway through the night so we wouldn't forget them/leave them. They were even so thoughtful to get my husband and my favorite beer to make sure that we would never run out and that the bartenders always knew what we wanted. During cocktail hour they whisked us in the side door and upstairs so we could have a few moments together alone to reflect on the ceremony and eat some food!

I can not recommend Knot too Shabby enough, they truly were the best decision we made and helped me have the wedding of my dreams! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 05/01/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Johnson · Married on 10/02/2020

Beyond amazing!

Melissa is beyond amazing!! Not only is she the most organized person in the world but also the nicest and most personable. I feel like I have made a friend for life after having worked with her. From our first phone call, she instantly made me feel comfortable about planning a wedding. Then after covid hit and we had to change the game plan, she did not give me any reason to doubt going forward with our big day. She made sure our wedding wasn't a cookie cutter wedding. It was a wedding that was personal to us and that was so important!

Her day of team was just as amazing and helped make our wedding perfect!!

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney Laing · Married on 04/18/2020

Absolutely amazing

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful it was to work with Katelyn and Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. They are amazing people inside and out! Katelyn was our planner, and she was so knowledgeable, supportive, organized, and responsive throughout the whole process. She brought my attention to so many details that I would have never thought of, and had an answer for every question I threw at her.
    Our wedding was planned for May 16, 2020, so our plans were significantly changed by COVID-19. Our plans changed not once, but THREE times, and Katelyn handled it with such grace and with a smile. While navigating through the emotional coronavirus mess, Katelyn was supportive and helpful through all the changes with vendors, plans, new restrictions and timelines. I cannot thank Katelyn and the rest of the team at Knot Too Shabby enough for all of their help!

Sent on 08/06/2020
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/19/2019

Simply the best

Where do I even begin? I don't know if I have the words to accurately explain how amazing working with Melissa and her team was. Planning was a breeze; Melissa is so easy to talk to and really knows what she's doing. The day of, I didn't have to lift a finger and had no doubts that everything would be taken care of. I was treated so well by her staff and could not envision a better team for my big day!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • SK

SK · Married on 09/14/2019

Five star service

FIVE STAR EVENT PLANNING SERVICE! Hands down, the easiest and best decision we made was to have Melissa and her team assist in making our wedding weekend perfect. First time brides- you don’t know what you need until you experience it and let me tell you, you need Melissa and/or Katelyn on your wedding day! From start to finish Melissa took over the planning process (at our request) from the timeline, to the layout, and even vendor interactions making it painless, easy, and professional for us. If you are type A or detail oriented, search no more, Melissa is your girl. Every detail, down to the minute was planned and executed flawlessly. Day of was a dream, truly. Katelyn was 10 steps ahead of us and anticipated our every need from the ceremony to the very end of the reception and every step in between. The attention to detail was unbelievable. Looking back on the day, we would pay double for all that the KTSE team did to make it so easy and enjoyable for not only us but also our guests. Thank you Melissa and Katelyn for being a part of our big day. We will never have another large event without some sort of oversight from this team!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Erin

Erin Brown · Married on 07/20/2019

Best experience ever!

I was pretty hesitant on going with a wedding planner, but decided to go with Melissa and her team. It truly was the best vendor choice we made hands down. From day one, talking about the wedding with Melissa was like talking to a friend. She was so understanding and knowledgeable and knew exactly what we wanted. The day before our wedding the heat index was so high, that Melissa made the suggestion to move most of our wedding inside, and my god was she right. Our wedding day truly turned out perfect because of her, and she even helped me days following our wedding. We had so many people come up to us bragging about Melissa and how “that girl knows what she’s doing” and we couldn’t have agreed more. Their team is truly worth every penny and we couldn’t have done it without them!

Sent on 05/22/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/01/2019

Best planner ever!!

Words simply cannot describe how perfect Melissa and her team are! We hired Melissa for full service planning in August 2017 for our wedding in June 2019 at Wrightsville Manor, and I genuinely don’t think we could have had our dream wedding without her. Melissa made an effort to get to know both my husband and I throughout the process and helped us determine what our priorities were for our big day. From that, she made vendor recommendations based on those priorities, along with the ideas and designs that we collectively came up with. When issues arose during the planning process, she handled them with the utmost level of professionalism. On the day of our wedding, she literally handled everything (decorating, coordinating vendor arrival and set up, etc.) so we, along with our families and bridal party, could just focus on experiencing the excitement of our wedding day. It’s been 2 weeks since our wedding and we’re STILL getting messages and phone calls from guests about how beautiful our wedding was and how amazing Melissa’s team (& her recommended vendors) were. If you’re on the fence about hiring a planner, do it. But don’t just hire any planner, hire Knot Too Shabby Events!!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Celina

Celina · Married on 05/18/2019

Knot Too Shabby is the best!

WOW. I cannot say enough good things about Melissa and her team. She was always responsive and was able to answer every question I had. If you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner don't be, go ahead and book Melissa! She made my wedding so stress free, I did not have to lift one finger on my big day and her whole team was there at every moment to help with anything and everything. Melissa is forever Wilmington's best wedding planner, I will always recommend her!!!!!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 04/06/2019

Airlie Gardens and a Dream Planner!

Where to start..... Melissa is the absolute best. She is not only the sweetest, but most organized person I have ever met. She and her team went above and beyond from the beginning. Every little detail was thought out precisely. Even down to the bags in the getaway car! All the vendors worked so seemlessly together because of Melissa. Thank you thank you thank you for planning out every little detail so we could enjoy every moment. We love you!!

Sent on 04/21/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 03/23/2019

The best investment we made in our day

We used the full planning service of KTSE, and I cannot explain how much we love Melissa, Katelyn, and the entire team. As an out-of-town bride, Melissa was so helpful with scheduling and attending my vendor meetings, helping me tweak my design ideas, and keeping me on track with my own to-do list. Melissa is also a genuinely sweet person, she really works to build relationships with her brides to understand what the "perfect day" looks like to them. On our wedding day, our families were able to relax and truly enjoy it because we knew Melissa and her team had everything covered. KTSE was there early to handle directing vendors, and venue set up. They ensured all the major and minor details were completed and that Michael and I stayed on schedule. Her team was always checking on us to make sure we didn't need anything, and kept smiling and sweeping when our guests broke a countless number of wine glasses. She and her team were the best investment we made in our day, the peace of mind they brought was priceless. I can honestly say because of the them, we had the very best wedding day.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Catie · Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding Planning Team In Wilmington

Honestly I can't even begin to describe how AMAZING Knot Too Shabby Events and team are! As a bride who is passionate about design and also planning they helped so much for the month of. From the moment I met Melissa I knew she had to be a part of my wedding and she exceeded all of my expectations. My now husband and I ended our wedding night saying none of this could have been possible without Melissa and her team. KTSE made everything so easy on us and put us at ease from the moment Melissa stepped in to help us. Melissa is so organized and detailed and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her on our wedding day. She allowed me to enjoy me wedding while she made sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding Planner and More!

It has been about two weeks since Michael and I tied the knot and we truly can say the day wouldn’t have been as amazing and perfect without the help, guidance, support and love of Melissa and her staff. Melissa is so so so amazing to work with. Melissa has such an eye for detail and makes sure the day goes off without a hitch. Melissa is extremely organized and made sure all details were taken care of and thought of for our big day. Melissa took our vision and made sure it came to life for our big day. She also made the big day so stress free since she had taken care of all of the details. All of my bridal party complimented how well she was able to get people organized and where they needed to be with such ease. I really could go on and on about how amazing Melissa is but if you are looking for a wedding planner, just call her and you will see what I mean! If you need a planner - Melissa and Knot Too Shabby is worth every penny and more!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 03/17/2018

We cannot rave more about Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without her - we're so happy she was part of our big day. Her attention to detail, calmness during wedding chaos, and warmth gave me so much piece of mind on our wedding day. Something I especially loved was that she creatively used extra decorations and flowers I had for the reception - she beautifully snipped flowers, strategically placed extra candles, and made last minute details absolutely perfect - she made my wedding vision a reality! The best day of our lives wouldn't have been possible without Melissa & her team. -Elizabeth & Harrison

Sent on 04/06/2018

Lauryn · Married on 12/30/2017

Let me first start out by saying I had NO idea what I was doing with this whole wedding planning thing --where do I start? What do I do first? Ugh, just the thought still makes me want to cry. I was married in Wilmington, NC on 12/30 after a May engagement. I knew I had a lot on my hands as I was solo planning a massive wedding of 180 people from D.C. on a weekend nestled between XMAS & NYE.
    I met Melissa (owner of Knot too shabby) at a coffee shop and we immediately connected. The only thing I am sure of - is you do NOT go with Melissa and her team-you will cry tears of sadness on your wedding day & everything will fall apart-it is a fact- mainly because there is ZERO chance I could of done it without her or her team because NO OTHER wedding planner could be this good. To be clear, Melissa and her team are no less than phenomenal at their jobs.
    I wouldn't say I am the most organized person but Melissa laid everything out for me, kept me on point & kept me from going off the rails. She was just incredible & handled everything. She was there for me ANYTIME I would email her, text her, call her - she would always get back to me ASAP. She was affordable & honestly, she and her team with worth every penny. Heck, I even had a few issues AFTER I got back from my honeymoon & she was still emailing, texting, calling me and my vendors on my behalf---now if that isn’t a remarkable wedding planner, I don’t know who is?!
    Broken glass on the dance floor? Not to fret! Her team were like little beer fairies anticipating that very thing & were immediately out there with broom & a dust pan cleaning it up as if something out of a Disney movie. She was insanely knowledgeable about EVERY vendor I needed (like when I needed projection screens to play music videos at my reception-no problem, she knows a guy). Hire her and your wedding will be smooth sailing --if you don’t hire her, prepare yourself for things to go completely wrong-that's a fact. She's a wedding planning angel.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Dianne · Married on 12/16/2017

Made things so much easier!!! A great help in every way!!

Sent on 01/15/2018

ALANA · Married on 11/17/2017

From beginning to end- absolutely a top-notch experience working with Melissa from Knot Too Shabby Events. She is the BEST in her business. I honestly could not imagine going thru this process without her! I was having to plan a wedding from across the country, at a venue I had never even seen until a few months before our big day. I had a great experience with every single vendor she put in front of me. Her keen eye for detail, focus, extreme organization and responsiveness (she would always text/call/email back RIGHT away) always impressed me!! If you are looking for a wedding or event planner, I can tell you that you are doing yourself a disservice by NOT hiring her. Our wedding (and everything leading up to it) was absolute perfection! :)
    Thank you Melissa for everything!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Ashton · Married on 10/07/2017

I don’t know what we would have done without Melissa and her team! We had so many guests comment afterwards on how smoothly the day went. She was always available to answer questions and really kept our budget in mind. Melissa helped select our wonderful vendors and worked with all of them to make our vision come to life. She kept everything organized which gave us peace of mind. 100/10 stars!

Sent on 06/15/2018

maria · Married on 07/17/2017

Melissa and her assistant were excellent !!! Definitely recommend. Super prompt, professional, and friendly.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Knot Too Shabby Events's reply:

Thank you so much Maria! We had a great time working with you and Dennis for your wedding ceremony! So glad the rain held off and you got to have the beach ceremony without toes in the sand that you've been dreaming of!

Kat · Married on 07/14/2017

My husband and I would have been completely lost without Melissa and Raelin. They were absolutely incredible! They ensured that our wedding went off without a hitch and that everything about the day was all we could have hoped for and more. From the start, they were incredibly helpful, accommodating, patient, kind, understanding and genuinely down-to-earth and it was clear that they always had our best interests in mind throughout the planning process. Their attention to detail and professionalism did not go unnoticed by our guests who had nothing but wonderful things to say about Raelin and the rest of the team who acted as our day of coordinators. I would HIGHLY recommend Melissa and her team because our big day was absolutely perfect thanks to her, Raelin and the day-of dream squad!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 07/03/2017

The staff at Knot Too Shabby is amazing. They work so hard and are determined to make your special day better than you could have ever imagined. They listen to everything that is important to you and do everything in their power to make it happen. We would have been lost without Melissa and her girls! Highly recommend

Sent on 07/31/2017

Corrie · Married on 05/20/2017

Melissa and her team were amazing for our month of planning service! Her attention to detail is remarkable and she will make your wedding day/evening flawless! All of her pre-wedding documents keep me organized and after meeting with her a month out, I knew I made one of the best decisions to hire her! She was able to execute my vision and our wedding was beautiful! I was not stressed at all the day of our wedding, as I knew Melissa would handle any hurdles. The venue looked beautiful, her and her team quickly accommodated any of our needs/requests, they coordinated off the other vendors, and the night was perfect! I would totally recommend Knot Too Shabby Events to any of my friends!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Andrea · Married on 05/13/2017

I can't say enough about Melissa and KTSE. I loved working with Melissa and her team. She listened to exactly what we wanted and also gave great suggestions. She handled all the last minute details with ease. She was great in keeping the stress of the day totally off of us. Our other vendors remarked about how they liked working with her. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Raelin at Knot Too Shabby Events! She was amazing in helping use through the last month of planning leading up to our wedding, from driving down to Ocean Isle to meet the venue event planner, to reminding of my homework items, and assembling/decorating a cheese wheel wedding cake. The greatest complement I can give her and her team is that the next day my husband and I realized we had zero idea if anything went wrong or as not as planned! We would hands down recommend her, absolutely made for stress free and enjoyable wedding day!!

Sent on 06/04/2017

LINDA · Married on 05/06/2017

MELLISSA BURTON WAS WONDERFUL, SHE HANDLED EVERYTHING FOR THE WEDDING AND GAVE US EVERYTHING WE ASK FOR. THE WEDDING WAS BEAUTIFUL. SHE MADE THIS DAY SO SPECIAL...

Sent on 05/22/2017