Albemarle Rd., Wilmington, NC 28405 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Package Price $2,500
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 68

About Design A Dream Events

Design a Dream Events is a full-service wedding planning company based in Wilmington, North Carolina. Working with this team is not like any typical company; they make every event planning experience smooth and stress-free by treating the couples as part of their family. The company blends creativity and experience with the couples' ideas, personalities, and visions to execute a successful event.

Experience
Jana Ingraham, the founder and lead event planner, graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of North Carolina. In 2008, Jana began working on weddings and other special events. In 2012, she finally decided to establish Design a Dream Events to provide her own style of high-quality event planning services.

Design a Dream Events helps plan wedding events like ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. The company works on different types of wedding including civil unions, destination weddings, double weddings, and many more. Their planning services include:

• Budget analysis

Design A Dream Events 6
Design A Dream Events 7

Katy · Married on 01/12/2019

Perfect Day

When my husband and I got engaged, we were so excited, but the thought of planning a wedding was overwhelming. We had random, vague ideas for what we wanted, but didn’t know where to start. We both grew up in Wilmington but now live in Kentucky, which also made things complicated. My parents still live in Wilmington and my mom helped a lot with coordinating, but she felt equally as lost in the sea of wedding planning. One day, her friend mentioned a wedding planner who was phenomenal and had done an excellent job with her daughter’s wedding. I contacted Jana with Design a Dream Events and after one phone call with her and my mom, I knew that she was just who we needed to keep wedding planning and the wedding day fun and stress free, as it should be.
    Jana is one of the nicest people that I have ever met, very well organized, professional, and always available when you need her. She has developed strong relationships with the vendors in the area, who all also have nothing but great things to say about her. She provides different levels of services; we chose the Gold Package, which was perfect for us. We wanted to incorporate our own style/decor and be involved, but we definitely needed assistance with choosing and communicating with vendors, picking out and ordering rentals, and just asking random questions along the way (we had lots). We needed a lot of guidance from the beginning. Living in another state makes it so difficult to do these things, but Jana made it so easy and effortless. I always felt like I could reach out to her throughout the entire process. She was always prompt, patient, and kind with her responses to me, even when it was regarding a random or minor detail. It was extremely reassuring to have her. She has a take charge attitude when needed while still respecting your wishes.
    About a month before the wedding, she took over everything, including making sure that everything had been done, communicating with vendors (which, by the way, is SO nice and keeps that already busy month stress free), creates your layouts, timeline, and just wants to make sure that you’re okay and not stressed. We met in early September (our original wedding date was in late September), and we were good to go. However, little did we know that Hurricane Florence was right around the corner. The week of our wedding, we found out that we would have to reschedule. We were still in KY, but the amount of stress that we felt was overwhelming. Once I received the potential new dates for my venue, Jana was like a rock to us throughout it all—she was comforting, reassuring, and immediately got to work contacting my vendors to find the date that they were all available. Even though she had to evacuate and deal with the stress and aftermath of the hurricane, she kept calm and professional, and helped me through the whole process. She was able to successfully reschedule my wedding and I was able to keep all of my vendors (except for my cake- she helped me find a new baker though).
    Now, for the actual wedding weekend: before meeting Jana, I was worried that my mom and I would be running around like crazy (especially my mom, who I believed was unable to sit still and enjoy the day) and so busy that the day would fly by and we wouldn’t even know what happened. However, Jana and her team made sure that didn’t happen. We truly had the best day of our lives—everything came together perfectly, her and her team took charge and made sure that everything was set up, on time, and running smoothly from start to finish. My husband, bridal party, parents, and I were all able to relax and have the best day ever. Jana understood our design vision and did an incredible job transforming the venue to something that looked like it was from a magazine. We were in awe as we walked through the space. She brought our vision to life.
    I have never taken the time to write a review, but I wanted to show my gratitude for Jana and her team. Three weeks later, we are all still talking about how beautiful, fun, and perfect our wedding day was. My wedding guests are still talking about how perfect it was. I know 100% that Jana was the best decision I could have made. She is such a kind person, can tackle any problem that you have, from any small problem to probably the most dreaded—rescheduling your wedding when a hurricane ruins it. She genuinely cares for her brides and is passionate about what she does. THANK YOU so much Jana for your kindness and patience throughout the whole process.

Hanna Jones · Married on 12/15/2018

Rockstar team!

My husband and I are both Wilmington natives, but we now reside in Colorado. Planning a wedding in any capacity is grueling, ESPECIALLY when you’re doing it all from across the country. I’m a creative person, who had a big, detailed vision for our winter wedding reception. It’s not easy for a creative person to correctly translate their ideas to another person, or to let go of control on parts of their vision. I was blown away by Jana’s ability to see my vision, as I saw it, and deliver the most magical night of my life. I instantly trusted Jana and her team, and I knew that our wedding was going to be great, but they somehow managed to exceed all of my expectations. To be honest, hiring a wedding planner isn’t easy. There are many options out there, there are wide price ranges to work with, and it’s nerve-racking to trust a stranger to understand you and your vision. After our first meeting with Jana, we knew she was the one. She has a way of making you feel super comfortable, as if you’ve known her for years. She also has fantastic prices, especially given the quality and attention that you receive, as well as in comparison to other planning services. By the end of my time working with Jana, I considered her a dear friend, and at times a phenomenal therapist. I couldn’t recommend Jana and her team enough, for any event that you are planning! When she says that they will design your dream, I can assure you that they mean it! Thank you, Design A Dream Events, for making my dreams come true and giving me the best day/night of my life!

Design A Dream Events FAQ

• What is the hourly rate? $ 75.00
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Gypsy Films, LLC
    Gypsy Films, LLC Wedding Videographers

We had the privilege, and we do mean privilege, of working alongside this amazingly talented team on a wedding in Wilmington, NC. As a wedding filmmaker, they made our job so much easier. Every last detail was perfect and every beautiful moment went off as planned!! The bride and groom were able to place their full trust and confidence in Design A Dream and in turn, they enjoyed every last moment to the fullest. They laughed, they cried and oh man did they party but, not once did they worry. To wrap this up, anyone who is looking to have that perfect wedding experience they have always dreamed of should speak with Design A Dream Events so that they can make that dream, a reality.

• Flying Cloud Bar Services
    Flying Cloud Bar Services Wedding Caterers

The team at Design A Dream Events does an amazing job. Super organized and extremely creative. We love how they create a clear vision and bring it to life.

• Silverceiling Beauty Consulting
    Silverceiling Beauty Consulting Wedding Hair & Makeup

Jana at Design a Dream Events is completely amazing! Our team met her while working on a styled shoot at Wrightsville manor... and we immediately recognized her passion and dedication. The creativity and drive that she puts into her planning and coordination is impeccable! We highly recommend her and her team- you will be very happy!

• Albemarle Rd. Wilmington, NC, 28405 See on map