Design A Dream Events Reviews

Design A Dream Events 5
Design A Dream Events 6
Design A Dream Events 7

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2019

Above and Beyond Expections!

Where do I begin?! Jana and her team are absolutely amazing. My biggest fear with planning a wedding were the rentals and the design, and Jana and her team hit it out of the park!! Walking into the rental store she knew everyone by name and knew right where everything was. If I was alone, I would have been there for hours. As for the design, I trusted her fully! I mean, look at her Instagram! It’s a like a bridal magazine! And it’s all real!

I had no idea what it took to run a wedding. She kept everyone on schedule, and even banged out an entire room flip from ceremony to reception in less than an hour due to an unexpected torrential downpour during our outdoor cocktail hour!

Jana and her team are a well oiled machine that I would recommend 100x over! The entire time I felt like they had everything under control. All the guests have said this was the best wedding they’ve ever been to, and I honestly chalk that up to how great Design a Dream Events was. Thanks again for a magical night!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

Jana is hands down the best wedding planner in Wilmington!

I highly recommend Jana and her team for any and all of your wedding planning needs! I hired her for partial planning for my wedding. I had planned a lot of it myself but knew I needed just a little more guidance. Jana is very quick to respond to any and all questions whether by text or email. She was very professional. My mom was against a planner in the beginning but greatly appreciated our decision. With my mom being about 2 hours away it was hard to be hands on. Jana helped me with all of my rentals and vendors. She knows the answer to every question (seriously)! Sounds crazy but she truly excels at what she does. We had no worries the day of, which is what my mom was wanting. We got to enjoy the day with no stress! She was so easy to work with and trust me I am NOT the easiest to work with being that I cannot make a decision and change my mind often!! Kudos to her and her team! They did a phenomenal job of making my wedding day an actual DREAM. Thank you, Design a Dream team!!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Katy Haran · Married on 08/03/2019

Jana was amazing

Jana was a great help in the overall process! I could not have done it without her. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2019

Best experience!

There is a reason they are called Design a Dream. Jana and her team are amazing. I hired them for a Month of Coordinator as I am pretty organized overall. At first I wasn't sure I even needed a wedding planner. BUT that changed. I can't recommend getting a month of wedding coordinator more. It made the day seamless. Anytime Jana had a question she would ask me quickly and then take care of it immediately. I never had to worry about anything on the day of which helped me enjoy my day so much more. She was so great throughout the entire planning process as I emailed her all the time. She was quick to respond and always had great advice. I couldn't have picked a better wedding planner if I tried. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Kumpula · Married on 06/15/2019

Above and Beyond Measures

I am so happy that we hired Jana and her team for our wedding. I did not have to worry about a thing on the day of my wedding. They helped create the vision of my wedding that I wanted and added touches that I did not even think about. Their attention to detail and their dedication to keeping everything on schedule was out of this world amazing. My husband and I as well as my family did not have to worry about a thing. We got to enjoy the day. I am so grateful to Design a Dream Events. They really did create my Dream wedding.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Molly · Married on 05/10/2019

Hire this team!!

Just wow! Jana and her team at Design A Dream Events are spectacular! We were planning a wedding from out-of-state at the Brooklyn Arts Center, so coordinating everything for our wedding in Wilmington would have been very difficult without Jana. I definitely like to have some control over things, but Jana made sure that everything was absolutely perfect. She and her team made our wedding dreams come true. The venue looked so elegant and romantic, just the way I had imagined. Our day/night ran so smoothly, everyone was exactly where they needed to be when they needed to be there. I didn't have to worry about anything. Not only is Jana amazing at her job, but she is so passionate about what she does and always has a smile on her face. We had the best day ever and we wouldn't have changed anything about our wedding day and that is mostly due to Jana and her team being so awesome. We would highly recommend her to EVERYONE and we couldn't imagine our special day being as perfect as it was without her. Thank you so much Jana and the Design A Dream team for making our wedding dreams come true! We love you guys so much!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Brittany · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing job!

I can’t say enough good things about Jana and her girls! They did an absolutely AMAZING job at our wedding at Brooklyn Arts Center. She got all of the vendors on the same page and made the perfect plan for our special day! The rain finally stopped about an hour before our ceremony but I would have never even known it was raining all day because Jana stayed so calm and always had a smile on her face. She got all of our guys, in the right places at the right time, which was a big job alone :) They decorated all of the tables perfectly and cleaned them up and organized them after which made it so easy for us to pick up. Jana is so awesome to work with and I would highly recommend to her anyone!! She’s a life saver and I can’t thank her enough!!! 💕

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Design A Dream Events 21
  • W

Whitney Smith · Married on 03/22/2019

The Best Day Ever

Where to begin with how grateful Design A Dream Events was!!! I did initial meetings and phone calls with several event planning companies. Immediately on the phone I knew Jana was the event planner for me. Her bubbly personality and energy could be felt through the phone. Honestly without Jana and her team being by my side to make sure everything was not only on time but ran perfectly smoothly was so comforting. The girls were so sweet and adorable and had a big smile on throughout the whole night! I give them full credit for our flawless big day. Everyone kept asking how stressful planning a big wedding was and my answer ... with a great wedding planning team it’s not stressful at all! When I didn’t know what I wanted her recommendations were better than I ever expected! I remember after getting ready and walking into my venue before anyone arrived and thinking wow this is above and beyond what I envisioned before this day!! Absolute perfection. Looking back on the weekend there wasn’t a thing I would have changed!! Thank you Design A Dream Events for creating my picture perfect day and night!! Appreciate you ladies and will without a doubt recommend their services to any bride and groom!!!!♥️ our hearts are so full!! Thank you all again for making this the best day of our lives.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Katy · Married on 01/12/2019

Perfect Day

When my husband and I got engaged, we were so excited, but the thought of planning a wedding was overwhelming. We had random, vague ideas for what we wanted, but didn’t know where to start. We both grew up in Wilmington but now live in Kentucky, which also made things complicated. My parents still live in Wilmington and my mom helped a lot with coordinating, but she felt equally as lost in the sea of wedding planning. One day, her friend mentioned a wedding planner who was phenomenal and had done an excellent job with her daughter’s wedding. I contacted Jana with Design a Dream Events and after one phone call with her and my mom, I knew that she was just who we needed to keep wedding planning and the wedding day fun and stress free, as it should be.
    Jana is one of the nicest people that I have ever met, very well organized, professional, and always available when you need her. She has developed strong relationships with the vendors in the area, who all also have nothing but great things to say about her. She provides different levels of services; we chose the Gold Package, which was perfect for us. We wanted to incorporate our own style/decor and be involved, but we definitely needed assistance with choosing and communicating with vendors, picking out and ordering rentals, and just asking random questions along the way (we had lots). We needed a lot of guidance from the beginning. Living in another state makes it so difficult to do these things, but Jana made it so easy and effortless. I always felt like I could reach out to her throughout the entire process. She was always prompt, patient, and kind with her responses to me, even when it was regarding a random or minor detail. It was extremely reassuring to have her. She has a take charge attitude when needed while still respecting your wishes.
    About a month before the wedding, she took over everything, including making sure that everything had been done, communicating with vendors (which, by the way, is SO nice and keeps that already busy month stress free), creates your layouts, timeline, and just wants to make sure that you’re okay and not stressed. We met in early September (our original wedding date was in late September), and we were good to go. However, little did we know that Hurricane Florence was right around the corner. The week of our wedding, we found out that we would have to reschedule. We were still in KY, but the amount of stress that we felt was overwhelming. Once I received the potential new dates for my venue, Jana was like a rock to us throughout it all—she was comforting, reassuring, and immediately got to work contacting my vendors to find the date that they were all available. Even though she had to evacuate and deal with the stress and aftermath of the hurricane, she kept calm and professional, and helped me through the whole process. She was able to successfully reschedule my wedding and I was able to keep all of my vendors (except for my cake- she helped me find a new baker though).
    Now, for the actual wedding weekend: before meeting Jana, I was worried that my mom and I would be running around like crazy (especially my mom, who I believed was unable to sit still and enjoy the day) and so busy that the day would fly by and we wouldn’t even know what happened. However, Jana and her team made sure that didn’t happen. We truly had the best day of our lives—everything came together perfectly, her and her team took charge and made sure that everything was set up, on time, and running smoothly from start to finish. My husband, bridal party, parents, and I were all able to relax and have the best day ever. Jana understood our design vision and did an incredible job transforming the venue to something that looked like it was from a magazine. We were in awe as we walked through the space. She brought our vision to life.
    I have never taken the time to write a review, but I wanted to show my gratitude for Jana and her team. Three weeks later, we are all still talking about how beautiful, fun, and perfect our wedding day was. My wedding guests are still talking about how perfect it was. I know 100% that Jana was the best decision I could have made. She is such a kind person, can tackle any problem that you have, from any small problem to probably the most dreaded—rescheduling your wedding when a hurricane ruins it. She genuinely cares for her brides and is passionate about what she does. THANK YOU so much Jana for your kindness and patience throughout the whole process.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Hanna Jones · Married on 12/15/2018

Rockstar team!

My husband and I are both Wilmington natives, but we now reside in Colorado. Planning a wedding in any capacity is grueling, ESPECIALLY when you’re doing it all from across the country. I’m a creative person, who had a big, detailed vision for our winter wedding reception. It’s not easy for a creative person to correctly translate their ideas to another person, or to let go of control on parts of their vision. I was blown away by Jana’s ability to see my vision, as I saw it, and deliver the most magical night of my life. I instantly trusted Jana and her team, and I knew that our wedding was going to be great, but they somehow managed to exceed all of my expectations. To be honest, hiring a wedding planner isn’t easy. There are many options out there, there are wide price ranges to work with, and it’s nerve-racking to trust a stranger to understand you and your vision. After our first meeting with Jana, we knew she was the one. She has a way of making you feel super comfortable, as if you’ve known her for years. She also has fantastic prices, especially given the quality and attention that you receive, as well as in comparison to other planning services. By the end of my time working with Jana, I considered her a dear friend, and at times a phenomenal therapist. I couldn’t recommend Jana and her team enough, for any event that you are planning! When she says that they will design your dream, I can assure you that they mean it! Thank you, Design A Dream Events, for making my dreams come true and giving me the best day/night of my life!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Amy Wells · Married on 10/20/2018

My Dream Wedding!

Jana and her team were absolutely amazing at our wedding! We booked Design A Dream for the month of and it was a huge help to have Jana assist in wrapping up the loose ends for the wedding. I have a tendency to not want to let go of control over things but Jana and her team made me feel at ease and managed everything exactly as I would have. All of the bridal party were impressed with how well things went during the wedding. Jana kept us on time even after a slight rain delay and made sure my day was perfect. I could not of asked for a better coordinator for my wedding!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

Jana was able to help us contact all of our vendors after a hurricane with only three weeks until the wedding. She was absolutely amazing and even helped us move the ceremony location the morning of the wedding including getting transportation. I can absolutely say our wedding was as amazing as it was because Jana and her team were there.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Liz · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing!

Like every little girl I always dreamed of my wedding day. I knew that it would be the most beautiful day of my life; however, I was also aware of the amount of time and planning that goes into a wedding. After getting engaged I knew immediately we would need a wedding planner to help alleviate the overwhelmingness I felt. Once meeting with Jana I knew she was exactly what we needed to make our day successful. Over the next year and a half she guided us every step of the way and made the planning process go smoothly. Even when there was discussion about the reception venue not being available due to Hurricane Florence damage, Jana was there to immediately figure out a backup plan. I knew there would be nothing to worry about as long as she was in charge.

Our wedding day was very relaxed and stress free, which is the complete opposite of my personality! I wholeheartedly believe that I felt that way because Jana was our planner. She took my ideas and brainstorms from our initial meetings and turned them into a reality, almost as if she knew exactly what I was envisioning! I cannot put into words how absolutely perfect our day was. It was evident that every small detail was affectionately curated with us in mind. She (and her team) are absolutely amazing and we will never be able to thank her enough!

Sent on 01/20/2019
    Design A Dream Events 22
    Design A Dream Events 23
    Design A Dream Events 24
    Design A Dream Events 25
    Design A Dream Events 26
    Design A Dream Events 27

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2018

If I could give Jana and her team a million stars I would! Choosing wedding vendors is hard, but picking Jana was the easiest and most rewarding decision that I made in the wedding planning process!
    From our first phone call, I knew that I wanted Jana to help me with our wedding. She is detail oriented and very organized. She is everything you would want in a wedding planner and more!
    After our wedding Justin and I were completely blown away. We were eating the to-go plate from our wedding (that Jana made sure we had!!) and we were talking about how perfectly everything was, from the weather down to the ceremony and timeline everything was PERFECT!! Then we both started tearing up at our gratefulness for Jana and her team. We realized that it was because of her that everything was flawless. She did so much on our wedding day. For example, one of my bridesmaid dresses had a problem with the zipper, and she fixed it with no problem! She made sure every little detail that I wanted for our wedding came to life. If something went wrong, I didn't know about it!! She is so talented at what she does and it shows. I got SO many compliments from family members and my wedding party on how great Jana was to work with.
    From experience I would say that having a wedding planner is the most important vendor you will have for your big day. If you are considering a wedding planner, or looking for one, you NEED Jana!
    I will forever be grateful for everything that she did for our most special day!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Kate · Married on 09/01/2018

It was such a pleasure working with Jana and her team!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2018

The name of Jana’s company speaks for itself; she helped me Design my Dream Wedding! What I had pictured in my head was exactly what I got and let me tell you… it was the most BEAUTIFUL thing I have ever seen! Living 1200 miles away, Jana was my rock; she was very responsive and very helpful! When we hit the 1-month countdown, when the anxiety starts to set in, Jana takes the reins and coordinates with all the vendors to create a well thought out timeline. If anything went wrong on the day-off, I had no idea about it – that is how smooth she is! I spent a lot of time speaking to different coordinators, but am confident with my choice, I recommend Jana and her team to anyone looking for a coordinator in the Wilmington area.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Chelsea · Married on 08/03/2018

My husband and I can not begin to thank Jana enough for everything she did to make our day absolutely perfect. She was on top of every single detail and was the glue holding together then entire day. As soon as I spoke with her on the phone you could tell she was organized and would would hard so that we didn't have to. She was the first and last planner I reached out to- I just knew we were in great hands right from the start. We hired her as our wedding planner, but she was so much more. She answered all of my millions of emails quickly, was ON TOP of every little thing, and made amazing suggestions and recommendations. Throughout the day my family, my husband, and even guests mentioned how awesome our planner was. She helped us coordinate our rehearsal and ceremony, she set up and flipped an entire room in under an hour, worked with 8+ vendors to coordinate arrival times and the schedule of events- she and her assistant Pam are an absolute dream team. I can't imagine getting married without them. Jana and Pam were THE reason the day was so perfect. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Aleisha · Married on 07/29/2018

I can not say enough amazing things about Jana & her dream team at Design A Dream Events! Jana incredibly talented, super responsive, and extremely helpful with anything you could ask her. My now husband and I opted to do the “month of package” . We hired her in October for our July wedding. She truly set me in the right direction and set me up for success. My only regret is that I didn’t go ahead and hire her for the entire process. Trust me, you will wish you had. She and her squad worked magic the day of my wedding. They ensured everything looked beautiful and the day & night went seamless. They are super sweet, helpful, and professional.

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Design A Dream Events 34
    Design A Dream Events 35

Alysse · Married on 07/14/2018

Loved working with Design a Dream Events

Jana and her team were wonderful! She was very professional, well organized, and answered my questions throughout the wedding planning process even though she was mainly hired for the month of the wedding. Jana was constantly a positive and calming figure throughout the process. I ran my design plans by Jana, and she helped me figure out what would and wouldn’t work. She also took care of decorating the reception space with my decorations, helped me plan the order of events, and made sure the wedding day ran smoothly. When the driftwood for the centerpieces were not what I expected, Jana and her team assured me that they would make beautiful centerpieces with the driftwood and other items I supplied them with. She was right! They turned out the way I was hoping they would. I would absolutely recommend Design a Dream Events!

Sent on 01/20/2019

kristen · Married on 06/07/2018

Jana was absolutely amazing! My wedding turned out to be so much more than I could have ever imagined. Everything was perfect! She was there every step of the way the month leading up and really helped to keep everything organized and on track. I didn’t realize how caught up in the moment I would be during the wedding and she was there to keep everything going and made sure we didn’t miss a beat. I honestly couldn’t have done it without her and I’m so happy I chose Design A Dream Events! I highly recommend this team- you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2018
  • Dante' & Toni

Dante' & Toni · Married on 05/27/2018

We had the month-of-package from Design A Dream Events. We had Jana and Pam for our wedding day on May 27, 2018. Jana is AMAZING! I was planning my wedding from Gaithersburg, Maryland and I literally worried about nothing. She assisted in my layout of the venue and communicated with all my vendors. She's just incredible! It's more than just a job for her, she really cares for you and wants your day to be perfect. Jana went above and beyond with every detail we wanted for our ceremony and receiption. She really cares for the bride and wants your day to be special. She even helped me bustle my dress before our reception! From the beginning I knew I wanted her to be part of my special day from the first time we talked she was very authentic and in tune with our vision. If you are looking for someone who gives her all she is the one for your wedding day! Thank you Jana for everything, I was a happy Bride!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2018

I would like to preface this with the fact that I have never taken the time to write out a meaningful review in my entire life. However, the experience Jana delivered my wife and I for our wedding has left me no choice but to sit down and write this. I think it is important to say that I was against having a big wedding, and early on I was a bit upset that my wishes went unheard. My wedding ended a few days ago, and I can honestly say it was the best time of my life, and I am so glad I was convinced otherwise. Marrying the love of my life with friends and family certainly helped, but it was Jana who brought it all together that truly changed my mind. I was worried about preparing for a big wedding, I was worried about managing a big wedding, and I was worried about the outcome of a big wedding. All that was for not, as I didn't have to worry about a thing. She took care of all of that! She answered every email and every call regardless of how many we sent or what time it was. She made sure we knew everything we needed to know and took care of the small things that we shouldn't have had to think or worry about. I could go on and on about how accommodating, professional, and clearly talented she is at her job, but I would like to mention something more important to me. I have severe anxiety, and I was having a panic attack on my wedding day. It was Jana's calm voice and leadership that got me through it, and allowed me to have the greatest day/night of my life. Jana truly is the best, and I can't imagine what my wedding would have been like without her.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

Jana and her team were AMAZING!!! We couldn't have done it at all without her, especially trying to organize a wedding from across the country (we're in California and the wedding was in North Carolina). I was worried that there would be a lot for me and my family to do on the wedding day as far as setup, but Jana and her team handled everything! They flawlessly coordinated all the vendors, decorations, table setups, and everything we needed (and more). She even came up with a quick and adorable solution when our ring bearer needed to move to an unexpected "Plan B". She made it possible for me to be completely relaxed and focused on all the joy of the big day! Jana was indispensable to our special day and we can't thank her and her team enough!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    Design A Dream Events 41
    Design A Dream Events 42
    Design A Dream Events 43

sarah · Married on 05/05/2018

Regardless of whether you have a clear vision for your big day or you are starting from scratch, I highly recommend working with Jana the Design a Dream Event team. John and I had the opportunity to meet and watch Jana as she seamlessly coordinated and executed my sister-in-law Katie's wedding last summer. Previously, I never considered hiring a wedding planner and I knew exactly what I wanted for our wedding. After Katie's wedding, John and I decided to hire Jana and it was one of the best decisions we made!

Jana (and team) exemplify the definition of professionals. John and I were blown away by the level of support Jana provided over the course of the year. She allowed me the creative freedom I wanted during the planning process but always gave pertinent input and direction when necessary. She was always available when I needed her and always reassured me when finalizing major decisions.

After a year of working with Jana, I developed a deep respect for her and trust in her abilities to execute my vision. On the wedding day, I dropped off boxes of decorations and gave her complete control to finalize table decor and outdoor touches. To no surprise, she made my vision come true.

Jana has a heart of gold and went above and beyond to ensure that John and I, our guests, and vendors were all taken care of. The entire team genuinely cares about their clients and will do whatever it takes to make sure that their wedding day is one for the books!

Sarah and John MacDonald

Sent on 05/16/2018

Courtney · Married on 04/07/2018

Jana and her team were absolutely incredible! Our special day was perfect thanks to Design A Dream Events. Jana was available throughout the entire planning process for support and guidance and once it closer to the wedding, she took care of everything and implemented everything even better than I could have imagined! She made sure that we were able to fully enjoy our day and for that I will be forever grateful!!!

Sent on 04/11/2018