Design A Dream Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Mallory
    Mallory E. Getting married on 02/03/2022

We love Jana!

Jana and her team are amazing and I can't picture our wedding day without them! After my initial consult with Jana over the phone, I knew she was going to make our day so seamless and honestly effortless. I was toying with a day of planner vs partial planning services and am SO GLAD I did not go with just the day of planning - Jana had everything down to a science and I was able to enjoy our wedding day without any stress or concerns.

I am a first responder living in NYC and my wedding was rescheduled due to Covid - I was anxious aboout coordinating all of our vendors with the new date but Jana was ON TOP OF IT!! I don't think I could have had the wedding we dreamed of without her. If anyone reading this is considering hiring her, DO IT! She knows the ins and outs of the industry, is incredibly thorough, and is so reliable and ensures that you can really enjoy every single second of your wedding day.

Thank you Jana and team!!

XOXO,
    Molly and Max Lit
  • Bailey
    Bailey Married on 09/12/2021

We love design a dream events!

Jana made the process from the beginning so easy. We hired her for the month of but had unlimited contact with her prior to the month of so I was able to get a lot of great input from her throughout the whole process. I am so amazed by her talent and ability to bring dreams to reality. She made our wedding better than we could have ever imagined! All of the details she did not miss a single thing. On the day of she and her team made sure we were taken care of at every second. Making sure we had all the photos we wanted to take done to making sure we were able to eat appetizers and food. I was very stressed about how we were going to figure out how to pin up my dress and Jana came in and did it in like 5 minutes like it was nothing lol. I could not recommend a better wedding planner than design a dream events. It was worth every single penny and so much more! We love you guys!
    Katherine O. Married on 08/21/2021

Look no further - Design a Dream is THE best!

Jana and her team are AMAZING! I first started working with Jana over a year out from our wedding and although I originally didn't plan on hiring a wedding planner I'm SO glad I did. We planned from out of state and she was so helpful throughout the process with every detail, question and vendor I threw her way. Where her team really shined though was the day of our wedding. Our ceremony got rained out and her team did not miss a single beat as they flipped everything and managed all of our guests on sight as it was happening. It's crazy how quickly everything moved and while there were many decisions to be made, Design a Dream SHINED in every single one. I had absolute zero stress day of because of them and I couldn't imagine being able to enjoy my day any other way! You know you chose the right planner when your guests come up to you and compliment you on how amazing she is at everything she was doing - her team even signed our guest book at the end of the night! Jana also knew I was so concerned on how all of our little details came together and she made sure to send me a ton of amazing pictures after the wedding was over. It's the little things like this that make the biggest difference! We couldn't have pulled out the party of the year without her and I'm so grateful our paths crossed!
  • Jami
    Jami L. Married on 08/05/2021

Dream Team

From the initial consultation to day of I wouldn't change a thing! Laiken was super helpful throughout the entire planning process and made sure that all the details were covered. She was great and answering my many many questions and accounted for all my changes/input (no matter how many times I changed things!). Jana was available too from beginning to end which was awesome knowing we had a second set of eyes and hands to help and guide if needed. And the additional Design a Dream team day of that helped make the magic happen. I can't thank them enough for making our day so very special! It truly was a dream come True!!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany B. Married on 06/26/2021

The best day!

Jana and her team were insanely perfect. From the day I got engaged to the day I got married, I was 100% impressed. Jana thoroughly walked through every step of the design piece and brought my vision to life. She is patient, professional, kind, and has a wonderful personality that puts you at ease. She was by my side throughout the wedding while taking photos to swapping dresses. Her team was full of life and had everything completely under control. My Mom and I have several times spoken about how we don't know how we would have did it without her and the team. We even received so many compliments from our guests stating how the team were "on it." I was so blessed to have found them and I recommend them to absolutely EVERYONE! I have not one regret about my wedding day and it is also thanks to Jana and the Design-A-Dream team!
    Sarah N. Married on 06/12/2021

Absolutely the best wedding planner and team EVER!

Jana is hands down the best around!! She is so sweet, patient and gets things done!! Her attitude was always positive and happy which really helped during those stressful times. She made the transition of moving the wedding during Covid so easy and pleasant. I can’t recommend Jana and her wonderful team enough. They truly made my dream day come true and I’m forever grateful to have worked with them!!
  • Cameron
    Cameron P. Married on 06/07/2021

Design a Dream pulled off the Wedding of our dreams!

My fiancé and I hired Jana and the Design a Dream team for our wedding, which was initially planned for May 9th 2020. Once the spread of COVID-19 began a couple of months before our original date, we quickly realized that our ceremony and reception were most likely not going to happen as originally planned.

When we decided to indefinitely postpone our wedding, Jana immediately got in touch with all of our vendors and took over communication in what was an extremely stressful time. She checked in on us regularly and was a huge support in what was a pretty heartbreaking decision.

Fast forward a couple of months, and we decided we wanted to go ahead and get married in a small, intimate ceremony in our family's backyard. We utilized all of our original vendors, and Jana + team flawlessly executed what ended up being the most perfect wedding we could have asked for!

Every detail came together exactly how we imagined all thanks to the Design a Dream team. Jana coordinated communication between vendors and ensured every detail was in place. Not to mention, the entire team was conscious of all COVID-19 precautions - they arrived in masks, set up sanitizing stations, and ensured proper social distancing measures. I would recommend Design a Dream to any Bride to Be, and am forever grateful to Jana and her team for making our wedding day so special.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin C. Married on 05/26/2021

Thank you! Thank you! Absolutely Speechless Day

I cannot thank Jana and her team enough for creating the most magical day that both my husband and I have dreamed about for 2 years. Jana has been by our side for 2 years and 2 reschedules, as we were planning our wedding and dealing with the COVID unknowns. The team was so professional, always responded within a timely manor, and at the end of the day created our vision to a "T". We received so many compliments from our wedding party and guests on how beautiful the wedding was and how the entire day turned out so seamless and flawless. I even had one friend who planned wedding for many years note that she has never been a part of a wedding where it was so seamless and that Jana's team did an amazing job. I would 1000% recommend Design a Dream to anyone looking to get married in Wilmington. We loved working with this team and if we could, we would do it all over again. Thank you Design a Dream for creating and executing the wedding of our dream, we are truly grateful!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 05/24/2021

Don't even think - hire Design a Dream!!

Where do I even begin?! Like many other brides, I was not sure I *really* needed a planner. I figured I could do most of the work on my own! However, once I began working with Jana and her team I knew hiring them was the best wedding decision I could have made.

Jana and her team of BOSS BABES were there for me and husband through the thick and thin of planning a COVID wedding. From the detail lists, layouts, and phone calls I knew that this team knew what they were doing.

When the day of the wedding arrived, I knew I could give my entire wedding to the team and they would make sure every single detail was perfect. By the end of the night, Jana and her team felt more like bridesmaids than planners. I even had several guests and wedding party members make comments about the flawlessness of the wedding. My bridesmaids could not stop boasting about Jana as well!

One specific moment I remember about Jana is right before I was walking down the aisle. I was nervous, as any bride would be, and she said these words to me that I will never forget: "This is a once-in-a-lifetime moment. Take it in and enjoy it all." Her team's calming presence, kind heart, and servant attitude truly made the wedding one of a kind. (Even thinking about her and her team makes me tear up!). Don't hesitate when hiring this one-of-a-kind-incredible team. If you want your wedding to truly be a dream, you have to hire them.
    Jen B. Married on 05/08/2021

Amazing!

Jana and her team were amazing and we are so thankful for them making our day the most beautiful and perfect wedding!! She was so helpful, responsive, and calming during the entire wedding planning process. I had no idea what I was doing and she helped and eased my stress! I don't know how I would have done this without her and her team! They brought my vision to life and it was absolutely amazing!! On our wedding day they were doing everything and beyond to make it so seamless, stress free, and beautiful!!! She is the sweetest and best wedding planner!! I can't thank them enough for making my wedding absolutely perfect!!!!!
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella D. Married on 05/06/2021

DREAM TEAM!!! Thank you for making our day so amazing!

Jana Ingraham with Design a Dream is a wedding maestro!!!! She was our month-of wedding coordinator and made the final stretch to our wedding SOOO much easier on us with her knowledge, experience and quick action!

Our original wedding date was in August 2020, and due to Covid-19 gathering restrictions, we postponed until May 6th, 2021. Jana was so helpful in facilitating all of the necessary changes we had to make and was supportive every step of the way! She was quick with communication, and was so knowledgable with all the covid restrictions! She took all the stress out of the rescheduling process!

When the big day finally came, she seemed to be everywhere making sure everything was happening according to plan. She took charge and made sure everything ran as smooth as possible!! We didnt have to worry about a thing because we knew we were in good hands with Jana and her team!

Jana, we can’t thank you and your team enough and would recommend you every day of the week! We are SOOOO grateful for choosing you to help make our day so special. THANK YOU for making our day amazing!!! You and your team are incredible!!
    Kayla W. Married on 05/02/2021

Jana Made Our Day Perfect!

I cannot say enough about Jana and the team they made our big day and the time leading up to it seamless and easy!
  • Julia
    Julia U. Married on 04/16/2021

Picture perfect wedding day!!

I couldn't have better things to say about working with Pam and her team at Design a Dream Events. Throughout the planning process, Pam was attentive, resourceful, and organized. She truly listened to us and brought all of our ideas to life. She did a fantastic job navigating through the ever changing rules surrounding COVID throughout the planning process. She also helped alleviate any additional stress and anxiety this caused us. We knew that we would be in good hands on our big day no matter what!

On our wedding day, Pam and her assistance were on and I had nothing to stress about. She had a calm demeanor all day and kept me and my husband on track. Everything ran so smooth which kept me and my guests at ease. Friends and family even talk about it to this day about how organized and fun our wedding was! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. Every little detail, every step of the way, our day was beyond perfect. I am so grateful that we picked Pam at Design a dream events. Thanks to them we had the wedding of out dreams
    I would recommend Pam at Design a Dream events to absolutely anyone !
    Cameron D. Married on 04/16/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Jana and her team blew our expectations out of the water. Or entire day was absolutely flawless and ran so smoothly, we were able to be present and enjoy our wedding day! Design A Dream Events, thank you!!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa P. Married on 03/27/2021

AMAZING!!! They were beyond perfect!!

Oh my gosh.... Jana and her team were BEYOND amazing!!! Design a dream was one of the first vendors I booked and I immediately felt in great hands! Let me tell you she knows her stuff. As a Covid bride there were sooo many uncertainties but Jana and her team had plan A-Z and knew exactly what to do. In the months leading up to the wedding, with all the restrictions changing and last minute wedding craziness, Jana made me feel so at ease and was so organized and kept me sane and feeling confident about my wedding day. The day of the wedding they worked flawlessly to make the entire day the wedding of my dreams. I cannot imagine planning my wedding without a planner but nonetheless Design A Dream! Seriously the best wedding planner in the business and I’m so glad to have had her apart of my team to make my wedding absolutely perfect!!!!
  • Chloe
    Chloe B. Married on 03/13/2021

Thank you thank you thank you!

We are so thankful for Jana and her team for making our day the most beautiful day we could have ever imagined! As a bride planning a wedding in NC from CA, I cannot tell you how instrumental Jana was in our planning process. We truly could not have done it without her. She is patient, responsive, helpful, experienced and the SWEETEST...just such a joy to work with overall. Our day went seamless and this is all thanks to Jana and her incredible team. We got married on March 13 , 2021 and Jana and I started talking back in 2019...she truly helped me through it ALL and I would have been lost without her. Planning a wedding during covid truly seemed easy with her in our corner. I cannot praise her and her team enough, if you are looking for an amazing planner, she's your girl :) THANK YOU for everything Jana and Team Design a Dream!!! We love you!
  • Emilee
    Emilee Married on 03/06/2021

Best team EVER!

Jana and the whole Design a Dream team were amazing from start to finish! They completely understood my vision for my wedding and brought it to life, far exceeding my expectations! Jana kept the day running smoothly and on time, and any minor issue was resolved without me even worrying! Pam went above and beyond running to 2 different stores for eyelash glue to fix my lashes (seriously so grateful!!!) and Laiken was so helpful throughout the whole day! I am so so happy I chose this awesome team and I truly cannot imagine my wedding day without them!!
    Kelly L. Married on 12/11/2020

Amazing Team!

Jana & her team were absolutely AMAZING!!! Planning a wedding during a pandemic is no joke but they were so helpful and understanding with every change that was made. Our day turned out perfect and I couldn't have done it without them. I highly recommend Design A Dream Events!
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee U. Married on 12/07/2020

An Absolute DREAM!!!

There are not enough words to describe how grateful & thankful I am to have had Jana and her team come into my life and help plan the most amazing & one of the most special days of my life! Not only was Jana literally a dream to work with but her & her team made rescheduling our wedding absolutely stress free due to COVID. I never had any hesitations or worries during the planning process and they went above & beyond in every way! They were very involved since day 1 & knowing that I had them to take care of everything the day of, not only allowed me and my husband but our entire bridal party, family, and friends to have an amazing time! Having them, really gave us the luxury of soaking every second in of the day! I would 100% recommend hiring Design A Dream Events as your wedding planner to plan your special day, whether it be the whole thing, month of, or day of! They are the BEST and I am so happy we used them to plan our most magical day!
  • Karina
    Karina C. Married on 11/14/2020

They Have Your Back

Jana and her team are AMAZING!!! Due to COVID things were constantly changing but Jana made sure we had consistent updates. She is truly on top of her game. We were beyond impressed with her knowledge and planning skills. She just looks at things and can visualize the outcome which is a huge help when you haven't been to your venue in months.

When it came time to our actual wedding day, everything went flawless. I had made some items and they made sure to put them out and help with last minute items that I forgot. This is a well developed team and you can tell.

I am so THANKFUL for the Design A Dream Team, they were truly the backbone of my wedding day. If you are still looking for a planning team, do not go elsewhere. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 11/07/2020

THE Dream Team

Jana and her team are truly INCREDIBLE. Hiring Jana was the best decision that I made throughout the wedding planning process, and I cannot recommend her more highly.

Leading up to our wedding, Jana was very communicative and did a great job of providing options and recommendations to help our vision come to life. Jana made wedding planning sooo easy and truly as stress-free as it possibly could have been. I found myself constantly saying "I have no idea how I would do this without Jana." Once it became clear that COVID would impact our November wedding, I found myself even more relieved to be able to lean on Jana and her expertise. She was incredibly reassuring and confident that we would still be able to have our dream wedding (with a few adjustments, of course), and she was right!

Jana and her team were absolute ROCKSTARS on our wedding day. The day went more smoothly than I ever could have imagined thanks to their hard work. Jana is also great at problem-solving on the fly, which came in handy when we had to completely flip the layout of the reception just days before the wedding and when I needed a creative solution to stay hidden as I took my place to walk down the aisle.

Additionally, they did a great job of checking in on us and our parents throughout the reception. Our parents especially appreciated their attentiveness because it allowed them to relax and enjoy themselves! My bustle came undone on the dance floor at one point, and Jana's team swooped in like secret service agents to help my MOH re-bustle my long train within a matter of 30 seconds. I was back out on the dance floor so quickly that barely anybody noticed it happened!

THANK YOU, Jana + team, for the BEST day!! We are so grateful that you made our day so special—every single detail exceeded our expectations!
  • Lauren
    Lauren L. Married on 10/24/2020

Phenomenal planner, impeccable taste, a magical experience!

Jana and her team are five-star. I can't put a price tag on the experience we had with her. From creating a venue from scratch for us in our backyard, to her team member chasing our dog around on the day of to get a floral collar on, to every tiny detail you can imagine, they did a phenomenal job. She managed the wedding like clockwork, and everything fell into place perfectly. I'm detailed oriented and a little obsessive and Jana was able to go beyond my expectations. Her team is fantastic and a joy to work with. Her taste is IMPECCABLE. She knows and works with the best in the business. Thank you design a dream events for creating a truly magical event and experience for us,
  • Lauren
    Lauren P. Married on 10/03/2020

Jana and her team are AMAZING!!

I don't know where to start! Jana is the BEST. Long story short - I could never imagine my wedding without her and I could not recommend her more highly.

Pre-wedding she was extremely helpful and responsive in assisting with our big day, especially given the fact that she helped us with not one but TWO completely different wedding plans. Originally, we were set to be married in Wilmington and chose all vendors in the Wilmington area. Due to COVID, we decided to pivot to having the wedding in our own backyard in Holly Springs, NC.

Knowing that it would be difficult to plan for the wedding without seeing the space, Jana drove 4+ hours round trip to come out and see our house and give us recommendations. She was able to take our plan B from being stressful and hectic to completely putting our minds at ease by giving us perfect advice on how to best navigate a backyard wedding during a pandemic.

Not only did she drive all the way to us just to check out our space pre-wedding, she also made that same round trip the Friday before our wedding for our rehearsal! Then, making the trip back the next day for the wedding, Jana and her team picked up my floral arrangements from my Wilmington florist, and brought them with her so that we could avoid any extra delivery fees!!

On the wedding day, Jana and her team were absolutely exceptional. With the craziness of wedding planning, I was not near as organized as I wanted to be getting everything ready. She absolutely took over and set up all of our decorations, table settings, ceremony space, etc. about 1000% better than I could have ever imagined it. Her team completely transformed our backyard and made it into the most beautiful event space I had ever seen. We were absolutely thrilled.

Her team took care of every detail flawlessly, I did not have to worry about a single detail, including my EXTREMELY complicated bustle. It was a custom design that literally included 35 steps and a 10-minute instructional video. I was of course semi-panicked over this. I told Jana about it and she said, "Do not worry about it, we've got it from here." Her team memorized the steps on the car ride up to the wedding and were able to completely take care of it.

Jana is truly one-of-a-kind. She is not only amazing at her job, she is also incredibly sweet and fun. I have been to quite a few weddings, and I have never heard so many compliments from guests on how great the wedding coordinator is! She was truly a highlight not just to us, but to all of our guests! We love Jana and the Design a Dream team so much!!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/04/2020

AMAZING! Absolutely love Jana & her team!

Jana is hands down the best! She is adorable, sweet, patient and knows how to get things done! We hired her and her team for month and day of planning for our wedding. We ended up having to postpone our wedding due to COVID, but Jana and her team made the transition of moving the wedding so easy and stress free. Jana truly made our vision come to life and went way out of her way to make sure our special day was perfect in every way! I cannot recommend Jana and her team enough! My husband and I are so glad we picked her and her team!
    Morgan D. Married on 08/23/2020

Coordinator

If I could rate higher than 5 stars I would! Jana and her team are simply incredible!! Jana went above and beyond creating my dream wedding.
    Not only was every detail thought out and beautiful, thanks to her and her incredible team, postponing due to COVID felt easy! She walked me thru postponing, managed all the changing contracts and vendors and navigated the ever changing rules and regulations that came with new COVID guidelines. I could not have had my absolutely perfect wedding without her and her team!! The day turned out to be everything I could have ever wanted and more.
    And not only did she create my perfect day, she was AMAZING on my actually wedding day for any and every need my guests or I had. I cannot speak highly enough of them. Most guests leave a wedding complementing you on food or DJ, my guests raved about my incredible coordinators. I joke with my husband that I’d plan another wedding, just to continue to work with Jana and the design a dream team!