Meg Henson Events Reviews

Meg Henson Events 6
Meg Henson Events 7
  • Shaina

Shaina Bruss · Married on 10/05/2019

Professional, fabulous, FUN team!

Meg was FANTASTIC to work with! She was responsive, professional, and kind the during the entire wedding planning process. She thought of ALL the small things we never would have and provided organized planning tools to keep us updated throughout the last eight months. She even hired somebody last minute when we had an issue with chairs being set up on the beach! We were so, so happy to be referred to her and feel so grateful for the services that Meg and her team provided. Memi and Lilly- we cannot say enough about their professional, fun, and loving support that they offered on our wedding day. All of our guests and other vendors complimented us on Meg’s team and their ability to patiently deal with all the slip ups that inevitably occur on a wedding day. They did every. single. thing. with a huge and kind smile on their faces. They were such a perfect team and added so much to the loving energy that surrounded us on our perfect day this past weekend. My husband and I cannot recommend them more!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2019

The best ever

Meg was the best wedding decision we made!! She literally did everything we asked for and everything we never would have thought of. She makes the whole planning process SO EASY! Our wedding day was so perfect and we didn’t have to do anything! I could not recommend Meg Henson Events enough!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Luckett · Married on 09/21/2019

The best In the business!!!

Meg is truly an amazing planner! She is very organized and very timely getting back to all you’re questions! I would recommend the full service package to everyone! She not only plans you’re event, but also sets it up, decorates and cleans up!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Colby · Married on 09/07/2019

Club House Wedding

Meg was so helpful in the wedding planning process. My husband and I got married at my parents club house in Wilmington... It is not a wedding venue so we really started from scratch. It was so nice to have Meg to tell us everything we needed and to be on top of all the vendors we used. She asked for our vision and truly made it come to life with picking the best vendors we could have asked for.

With our wedding being September 7 2019- we knew it was hurricane season, but never thought it would happen on our wedding weekend. Then came Hurricane Dorian- headed straight for us. Although we did have wedding insurance (yes that’s a thing) ... I was adamant on not leaving Wilmington and not giving up my dreams of the wedding day I had planned for so long. Meg was amazing and truly kept me level headed throughout the whole week leading up. She kept in contact with all of my vendors to make sure everyone was still on board. Yes- Dorian ended up hitting Thursday night and some people had cancelled flights and were not able to make it but with lots of prayers from family and friends we were able to go through with both the rehearsal dinner Friday and all wedding festivities on Saturday!

We truly got the wedding of our dreams and wish we could do it all over again!

The Rollers

Meg Henson Events 13
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Meg and her team were SO fantastic to work with! She made planning my wedding easy and fun, and ensured that I had everything I needed for the big day. She was great to work with and had so much knowledge around different vendors, wedding etiquette, and budgeting. 10/10 would recommend :)

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Maultsby · Married on 07/05/2019

Meg is awesome!

Meg did an amazing job with my wedding! She made everything so easy which was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Joshua

Joshua Michael Mohundro · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic, and totally worth it!

Our venue required a day of person, if it hadn't been for that we likely would not have hired anyone for this. That being said, it would have been a mistake not to. Meg was easily the best money that we spent for our wedding. Meg and her team made our day go soo much smoother. She made it so that we didn't have to worry about all the tiny details on the day and all we had to do was show up. She was also our savior! The day before our wedding the hair person flaked, leaving us to find a hair person on the busiest wedding weekend, and graduation weekend. Meg used her connections to find us someone who was available, and to be honest probably much better than the person we were going to go with otherwise. She is our hero.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Kristin · Married on 04/27/2019

Day Of Wedding Coordinator

Thank you, Katie for being our awesome “day of” wedding coordinator. From our initial correspondence to our special day, you were professional, kind, and very responsive. Thank you for all of your help with setting up our decorations and taking them down too. We Highly recommend Katie!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Dana

Dana Weaver · Married on 04/14/2019

Meg is amazing

Most people I’ve spoken to talk about the stress and craziness of planning a wedding. My experience was made completely different thanks to Meg. Because of her, I got to have my dream wedding without any snags or hitches and wander carefree, barefoot, and happy at my home away from home. Meg is kind, thoughtful, detailed, and extremely easy to communicate with. I have so enjoyed my time with her over the past year planning our wedding. Our family joke is that we will forever be saying “thank god for meg”. Thank you for everything my dear! ❤️

Sent on 04/22/2019

Emily · Married on 04/12/2019

Best laid back planner in Wilmington!

We hired Meg because we needed someone to help guide us through the wedding planning process and we are so glad we did! Meg helped to make the planning process so easy and got us the best vendors to work with! Meg was so accommodating to meet with us throughout our planning process after work so we could both attend. I still wanted to do some of the detail things myself, like put together the invitations, but Meg helped to make sure I was on track. She was so laid back and easy to work with that I never was stressed out. Our wedding day ended up being stress-free and perfect with Meg handling all of the behind the scenes things! If we had to do it all over again, we would choose to work with Meg without hesitation!!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Meg Henson Events 14
    Meg Henson Events 15

Erin · Married on 03/15/2019

Wedding Planner Experience

Meg was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was very organized but very laid back. She never showed any stress which was exactly what I needed to help keep me calm! I loved working with her. She did everything I asked and went above and beyond! I would recommend her to anyone needing a wedding planner! She did the month of and day of coordinating for me! : ) Thanks again Meg! You were such a blessing to work with! You made everything absolutely perfect on our perfect wedding day!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Meg Henson Events's reply:

You were a pleasure to work with as well, Erin! I was honored to be a part of such a beautiful day with one of the sweetest couples. I wish you and Josh all the best!

Natalie Ambrose · Married on 03/02/2019

Expert coordinator

Meg Henson did a wonderful job with our small wedding at Brooklyn Arts Center Annex.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Meg Henson Events's reply:

Thank you, Natalie! I'm so happy for you and Alan. Thank you for letting me take part in such a special day!

Ashley · Married on 02/23/2019

The best!

Meg and her team were absolutely phenomenal! They were so easy to work with and made wedding planning a breeze. Attention to detail was incredible. Looking back at the photos and seeing all the little things they did perfectly was so impressive. I couldn’t recommend Meg more! She literally made our wedding day PERFECT.

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2018

Love Meg Henson!!!

Meg Henson was originally recommended to us from the director of The Brooklyn Arts Center, Rich Leder. Meg did an absolutely incredible job executing every aspect of our wedding ceremony and reception. She made herself available anytime I had questions, gave awesome vendor suggestions, and even went the extra mile to have strand lights left up from a wedding scheduled the night before ours!! At the beginning of the planning process I had no idea how much help I actually needed with planning/coordinating and looking back there’s no way I could have done it without her!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Meg Henson Events's reply:

You were an amazing and incredibly laid back bride to work with, Rebecca! Your wedding was definitely one for the books. I wish you and Clark nothing but the best!
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 11/16/2018

Perfect Day

Meg was an amazing point of contact throughout my entire planning process. She guided me to hire the most amazing vendors AND they were within my price range. She has a calming spirit and incredibly chill attitude. Katie, her partner/assistant/confidant, facilitated our actual wedding day and was absolutely amazing to work with as well. She was on top of everything and also another great person to be around in our special day. Everything ran incredibly smoothly and I have them to thank! I am normally a perfectionist who likes to do things myself. However, with Meg and Katie, I had complete trust in them that they would pull through and they absolutely did. I honestly can’t say enough glowing things about our experience with them!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Meg Henson Events's reply:

We both loved working with you, Katherine! Both you and Logan were an absolute pleasure to be around. We're so happy you loved your day as much as we did!
  • Alejandra

Alejandra · Married on 11/16/2018

Meg Henson is fabulous and pro at planning events!

Meg was super helpful in getting us organized in the year leading up to our wedding. We had a lot going on with buying and renovating our home so if it wouldn't have been for her keeping us on track, so many details would have fallen through the cracks. She made sure the day was splendid and our families didn't have to worry too much about any details so they could fully enjoy the day. She is also super sweet and was just a joy to be around! We are going to miss meeting up with her at Port City Java!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Eileen Prado · Married on 11/02/2018

The perfect wedding planner!

Meg pulled off the perfect wedding for my daughter! Every detail down to the beautiful table settings was just perfect. She found great vendors and we were able to enjoy the whole day without worrying about any of the details because she there to manage everything.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Madeleine · Married on 11/02/2018

Magician Wedding Planner

Meg is the sweetest most organized wedding planner! Any idea I had she made it happen. Any concern I had she eased my worries and kept me calm. She was super communicative and creative and really helped me make this wedding day the best day of my life! She knows all the best vendors in town and helped so much in that department. She knew my style and the vibe I wanted for the day and was really great at being my right hand. Meg was the key component to my wedding being perfect and going off without a single problem. Not one! She was absolutely amazing. She is the reason this wedding didn’t stress me out after over a year of planning. If you’re considering getting a wedding planner get Meg. You’re crazy not to. She’s a wedding fairy God mother. 🧚‍♀️

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Meg Henson Events 20
    Meg Henson Events 21
    Meg Henson Events 22

Megan · Married on 10/27/2018

Meg was our day of coordinator for our wedding at First Baptist and Ironclad Brewery on 10/27/18.

Meg was a pleasure to work with and made our wedding day stress free by setting up all of the decorations and making sure everything flowed base on the timeline she created for us. She was very flexible in scheduling meetings with us and handling last minute changes before the wedding. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to coordinate our special day! I would highly recommend her to others. Thanks Meg!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Savannah · Married on 10/12/2018

Great month of coordinator

Meg was so easy to work with and extremely responsive from the very beginning. She has many years of experience in the wedding industry, which is apparent in her attention to detail. You can tell she is passionate about what she does, but she’s also laid back and exactly what I needed on my wedding day. She worked extremely well with my other vendors and even recommended a few of them to me. I’d recommend Meg for any upcoming event.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Megan Mckay · Married on 10/06/2018

Genuinely wonderful coordinator

Meg is extremely organized, kind and genuinely great at wedding coordination. I can honestly say I didn't worry at all about any details the day of the wedding as I left everything up to Meg and she rocked it. I don't know if any issues arose the course of the day because Meg was on top of it all. I would absolutely recommend her as a coordinator for any couple getting married around Wilmington, NC!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Jen · Married on 09/29/2018

Nothing short of Amazing!

Meg was so awesome to work with!! I honestly can not say enough amazing things about Meg!!! I hired her to be my month of coordinator in which she went well above and beyond her duties. I was suppose to get married in Sept but had to cancel do to the hurricane.
    Meg was so helpful she took charge in contacting all my vendors to let them know we were going to post pone the wedding to April. In the mean time the original venue coordinator had taken another job. Meg not only fully filled her obligations as my month of but also took on the full responsibility for the venue coordinator. There is no way we could have pulled off the most amazing day with out Meg. By far the best money spent towards our wedding. She truly took the stress out and allowed my husband, family and friends to have the most amazing day, a dream come true!! Not to mention she is so sweat and fun to work with!!! She really is the best!!!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Kristin · Married on 09/22/2018

Meg was amazing and helped create the most memorable weekend!! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 09/21/2018

Organized and On Top of Everything

We chose Meg as a day-of-coordinator for our wedding and she was phenomenal to work with! She knew the questions to ask that we never thought of, took care of everything we asked, answered all of our millions of questions, and made our wedding flow seamlessly. All of the worry of scheduling and making sure our vendors did everything we asked was off of our shoulders. She anticipated everything that could happen and came prepared with any and all extras for the day of. We loved working with Meg and would choose her again without question!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Sandy · Married on 08/25/2018

I like to work with someone who is creative and efficient, but not overbearing. Meg was the perfect fit. She has great ideas for decor and helped guide me in a collaborative way.
    Never pushy. She is experienced, efficient, and worked well with all the vendors, caterers and entertainment.
    I had a wonderful experience working with Meg.

Sent on 10/11/2018