Mattie's

811 West Live Oak, Austin, TX 78704 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 13

About Mattie's

Mattie’s at Green Pastures, a wedding venue situated in Austin, Texas, offers to all couples a rich history and legacy that it has amassed since it opened 75 years ago. While the facility is quite historic, it has been restored over the years to add modern touches and conveniences. On the property’s six acres, couples can discover unique indoor and outdoor sites where they can host their dream wedding and reception.

Facilities and Capacity
When couples come to Mattie’s at Green Pastures to exchange their vows, they can bring with them up to 200 of their friends and family. Once you step inside this beautiful historic mansion, you will discover why it has been a part of so many couple’s love stories over the years. Inside the mansion, the Marion Hall will provide you with over 2,000 square feet of space which can be used for everything from dinner to dancing. Due to this space’s windows, you will be surrounded by plenty of natural light. The Lounge Room is a more intimate space for smaller wedding gatherings, such as a cocktail party. Likewise, the Table Royale, which often serves as a private dining room, is a smaller sized room that can accommodate up to 16 of your friends and family. For outdoor wedding-day events, you can use the Pavilion. This space will not only give you a breath of fresh air on your wedding day, but will also provide you with a rain sheltered site that is climate-controlled.

Couples are able to host their bridal shower and engagement on the property, as well. For all of your wedding events at Mattie’s at Green Pastures, you can have the team help you out with setup and cleanup. For your convenience, parking, valet, and wheelchair access is available on the property.

Cuisine
Couples can have the team prepare seasonal cuisine for their reception. Fresh ingredients are always incorporated into each meal. The team can also provide you with basics such as barware, china, flatware, glassware, and linens.

Wedding reception
Sweet moments
Sweet moments

• Videos 1

34 Reviews for Mattie's

Green Pastures made wedding planning a breeze! Green Pastures is great because they offer great packages. There is no need to order linens, hire bartenders, rent tables, chairs, etc. The package even comes with two cakes, which were delicious and moist!

Kristi helped with everything - layout, budget, timeline, F&B recommendations. She even saved us when my DJ made a mistake with the timeline. She was professional, detail-oriented, and on top of everything.

My husband and I are extremely satisfied with their services and food. Our guests even commented on how attentive the servers were. Thanks for helping make our day so easy and special. We were able to enjoy it without worry!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/15/2015

My Husband and I wanted an elegant and beautiful southern wedding, and Green Pastures gave us everything we could ask for. From our first meeting we knew it was the place for us. It is in a great location, close to everything and yet you feel so far away when you are there. The grounds are amazing and very well maintained and everyone who works there is so nice. It was really a pleasure working with the staff there. We were given a coordinator, Kristi, who held our hands through the whole planning processes. She and her staff would send me occasional emails gradually asking questions through the whole planing process instead of having to answer a million questions all at once. That helped mitigate the overwhelming feeling of planing a wedding. Then, the day of the wedding we woke up to rain! I was so sad because I had so wanted an outside ceremony. I knew it was going to be okay because they did have a nice rain plan. But, a few hours before the wedding the rain stopped and the clouds cleared and they were able to do a very last minute switch to outside! I was so grateful and they were so sweet to switch even though they had already set up for inside. The ceremony and reception was beautiful, Kristi made sure everything went smoothly, and everyone was able to enjoy themselves. I got a million complements on how beautiful the venue was and how AMAZING the food was. They also were able to accommodate my guest dietary restrictions and allergies. OH, and the cake! For the bride's cake we did the white cake, with key-lime filling, and american butter icing. It was the best cake I have ever had. Right now the cake top is sitting in our freezer, but I don't know if we are going to be able to wait until our one year to eat it...ha! It was honestly the best cake I have ever had. I really can't say enough good things about the place. The food was fabulous, the grounds are lovely, and Kristi was amazing. She was exactly who you would want guiding you.

Sent on 08/27/2015

We worked with Nichole R., who was just amazing throughout! She paid attention to all of the tiny details, and was very prompt in her responses to us. She helped us pull the whole thing off without a hitch, even when we had to move indoors last minute due to weather! It couldn't have been a more seamless transition - no one even knew it had originally been planned to be outdoors! The space was amazing and the service was impeccable. And the FOOD was so much more delicious than I anticipated. I truly can't imagine having hosted our reception anywhere else!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Mattie's FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Event Planning, Set Up
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Dessert, Wedding Cake
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Mansion, Restaurant
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Set Up

• Uptown Events & Travel
    Uptown Events & Travel Wedding Planners

Beautiful venue, professional atmosphere and incredible people. Could not speak more highly of Green Pastures!

• Hill Country DJ
    Hill Country DJ Wedding DJs

Great venue. Best food you can find at a wedding. It's amazing!

• R&R Limousine and Bus
    R&R Limousine and Bus Wedding Limos

Beautiful Venue, and staff is accommodating, easy to work with, and professional!

• 811 West Live Oak Austin, TX, 78704 See on map