Mattie's Reviews

34 | Austin, TX

34 Reviews for Mattie's

Green Pastures made wedding planning a breeze! Green Pastures is great because they offer great packages. There is no need to order linens, hire bartenders, rent tables, chairs, etc. The package even comes with two cakes, which were delicious and moist!

Kristi helped with everything - layout, budget, timeline, F&B recommendations. She even saved us when my DJ made a mistake with the timeline. She was professional, detail-oriented, and on top of everything.

My husband and I are extremely satisfied with their services and food. Our guests even commented on how attentive the servers were. Thanks for helping make our day so easy and special. We were able to enjoy it without worry!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/15/2015

My Husband and I wanted an elegant and beautiful southern wedding, and Green Pastures gave us everything we could ask for. From our first meeting we knew it was the place for us. It is in a great location, close to everything and yet you feel so far away when you are there. The grounds are amazing and very well maintained and everyone who works there is so nice. It was really a pleasure working with the staff there. We were given a coordinator, Kristi, who held our hands through the whole planning processes. She and her staff would send me occasional emails gradually asking questions through the whole planing process instead of having to answer a million questions all at once. That helped mitigate the overwhelming feeling of planing a wedding. Then, the day of the wedding we woke up to rain! I was so sad because I had so wanted an outside ceremony. I knew it was going to be okay because they did have a nice rain plan. But, a few hours before the wedding the rain stopped and the clouds cleared and they were able to do a very last minute switch to outside! I was so grateful and they were so sweet to switch even though they had already set up for inside. The ceremony and reception was beautiful, Kristi made sure everything went smoothly, and everyone was able to enjoy themselves. I got a million complements on how beautiful the venue was and how AMAZING the food was. They also were able to accommodate my guest dietary restrictions and allergies. OH, and the cake! For the bride's cake we did the white cake, with key-lime filling, and american butter icing. It was the best cake I have ever had. Right now the cake top is sitting in our freezer, but I don't know if we are going to be able to wait until our one year to eat it...ha! It was honestly the best cake I have ever had. I really can't say enough good things about the place. The food was fabulous, the grounds are lovely, and Kristi was amazing. She was exactly who you would want guiding you.

Sent on 08/27/2015

We worked with Nichole R., who was just amazing throughout! She paid attention to all of the tiny details, and was very prompt in her responses to us. She helped us pull the whole thing off without a hitch, even when we had to move indoors last minute due to weather! It couldn't have been a more seamless transition - no one even knew it had originally been planned to be outdoors! The space was amazing and the service was impeccable. And the FOOD was so much more delicious than I anticipated. I truly can't imagine having hosted our reception anywhere else!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Betty · Married on 04/25/2015

We could not have picked a more beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding. The grounds, as well as the house, are just gorgeous….including the all white peacock you will occasionally see. The live oak trees surrounding the house provided shade for the outdoor ceremony. The food for the wedding brunch was excellent in both taste and presentation, and the staff so accommodating in providing exactly what the bride and groom wanted on the menu. The wedding cakes were outstanding in taste and beautiful as well. There was ample wait staff and supervision at all times. There was so much value in the money spent; the beautiful venue, catering and everything we otherwise would have rented, was all included in the price based on the number of guests. Everything that was agreed on at contract signing time…was provided the day of the wedding. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/27/2014

I have nothing but good to say about Green Pastures!
    We had an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding and Liz, the on staff coordinator, grasped the idea whole heartedly. The venue was beautiful, the staff was very friendly, and I had no worries at all whatsoever. Liz had it all covered.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Green Pastures was incredibly helpful in planning our wedding. The staff was professional and polite. The grounds were beautiful and the guests enjoyed seeing the peacocks. I highly recommend Green Pastures!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Angela · Married on 08/09/2014

I would recommend Green Pastures to anyone planning a wedding. The venue is gorgeous and the people are amazing to work with. They took care of everything and made it such a personal and wonderful experience for us! Our wedding could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Kathryn · Married on 04/13/2014

(Wedding wire isn't letting me give them 5.0s all around for some reason - but that's what they are!) There was nothing less than phenomenal at Green Pastures, everything exceeded our expectations - and having eaten there before we had pretty high expectations! As usual the food was amazing; the grounds were beautiful; and every guest said how wonderful the staff was. The service was unmatched, plates and glasses were always full, the staff incredibly courteous and always smiling. The event planner we had been working with from the staff had been unable to attend, but I couldn't even tell which just showed how incredibly professional and attentive the staff was. They were the perfect venue, we can't imagine having a better time on our wedding day!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Marissa · Married on 04/10/2014

I am 100% pleased with how everything went from the beginning to end. I highly recommend this venue. They were very professional and it was apparent they've done many weddings. And the place is beautiful!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Mattie's's reply:

Thanks Marissa! We really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

Kristi & GP STAFF

Lindsey · Married on 04/05/2014

Green Pastures was great and made our wedding night so special! Kristi and Green Pastures staff were amazing!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Beautiful place, They tried to make everything as simple as possible

Sent on 10/29/2013

Annie · Married on 10/06/2013

Just wonderful. The price can be a little daunting at first but you have to remember how much is included in that price tag, including the dramatic reduction in stress you will feel from not having to coordinate so many vendors. My wedding here was wonderful and the staff was so accommodating. They made the custom cakes, informed us off how much money we had as the night went on. They busted out the expensive bottles of champagne when we found out we still had a considerable amount of money left. I was so happy they didn't rip us off. I can't say enough good things....

Sent on 10/09/2014

Crystal · Married on 03/02/2013

Beautiful setting for an outdoor ceremony
    Jenny was my planner, and she did a phenomenal job.

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/06/2012

We had a great experience with Green Pastures. The outdoor space is beautiful, and they were able to make our ceremony still work outdoors even though it rained up until 30 minutes before.

We had our ceremony on the sun porch and had the Sunday Brunch. Several of our guests said that not only was it the best wedding food they had ever had, but some of the best food they'd had period!

Green Pastures also made our wedding cake (fat chocolate, buttercream, and cream cheese), which was delicious!

If you are getting married in Austin you should consider Green Pastures. It's such a classic and romantic setting.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Cyndi · Married on 05/01/2012

You won't be disappointed with Green Pastures as your wedding and reception venue! Kristi and the rest of the catering and event staff did an amazing job. We planned our small wedding on short notice, and they were able to accomodate us in every way. The attention to detail and focus on our needs was noticed by all who attended. Our wedding was perfect, the food was phenomenal and the service was outstanding. I can't say enough about how pleased we were with the service and support we received on our special day.

Sent on 05/19/2012

Gail · Married on 03/25/2012

If you're looking for a wedding ceremony and reception venue that captures every essence of Austin I would highly recommend Green Pastures. What a beautiful and amazing place! Everything from the historical house to their meticulously manicured lawns... it is like a slice of heaven. We had our outside ceremony at the gazebo and had our reception during their famous Sunday brunch in the Sun Porch room. You cannot go wrong with this combination. It was such a pleasure to work with their entire staff. Everyone was so friendly, prompt, professional, and accommodating. They took care of every last detail and truly made it a wonderful day!

Sent on 03/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2011

I would give Green Pastures more than five stars if I could. There just aren’t words to describe how wonderful my experience with this venue actually was. We had visited several possible venues when planning the wedding, but as soon as we stepped into this beautiful old house, we knew we had found the one. I am from Virginia and couldn’t get over how much being on the property reminded me of home, in the heart of funky South Austin. The house, the trees, and the peacocks make this a breathtaking spot for a wedding. Then when you add in how delicious the food is and how amazing the staff are, I couldn’t imagine having my wedding anywhere else. Tanya was absolutely amazing. Throughout planning when we would have meetings with Tanya, my stress level immediately diminished. She really knows what she’s doing, she gave us great suggestions and advice, and she is just such a pleasure to be around. She really took the pressure off of me, I knew that I was in good hands; I really just needed to show up! In addition to Tanya, I can’t say enough about the staff, everyone was so friendly and helpful. From start to finish, the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch, and if there were any issues, I wasn’t made aware of them. For service like this I would have expected to pay a great deal more. The prices were very reasonable especially for what all you get – gorgeous venue, delicious food including the wedding cake and the groom’s cake (!), and exceptional service. Green Pastures is a truly wonderful place to get married. And now it will be our dinner spot for every anniversary. I wholeheartedly recommend Green Pastures!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Kellie · Married on 04/16/2011

The food was amazing and the venue is gorgeous! Tanya (the wedding planner) has everything fine tuned, and I could not have been more pleased.
    The peacocks that pose for pictures were an added bonus for our guests!!!
    We had a great time at our wedding, and will be returning to Green Pastures as much as we possibly can.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Julie · Married on 08/21/2010

Great venue, wonderful staff and awesome food!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Skyler · Married on 08/18/2007

My husband and I had an exceptional experience at Green Pastures. By booking our ceremony and reception at Green Pastures, we saved ourselves the cost of hiring a wedding coordinator because the venue handled everything -- food, wedding cake, coordinating the band and DJ, seating at the ceremony, tables inside and outside, and probably some other things I'm not thinking of right now. Plus, the place is so beautiful, especially outside, that we didn't feel the need to spend a lot on flowers and decorations.

Tanya, the wedding coordinator, was very professional and easy to work with. She made all our ideas happen, and when we asked her for input she had great ideas of her own. She was hands-on at the wedding, guiding us from one moment to the next, without getting in the way. She would wave me over to the wedding cakes when it was time to do the cutting, and reminded me to eat. She was perfect.

Green Pastures is famous for its food. We were able to choose from a huge menu of options and ended up passing heavy hors d'oeuvres and Mint Julep cocktails before the ceremony and then having a buffet dinner during the reception. The food was delicious and elegant.

Our wedding cakes were incredible.

Sent on 09/16/2008

Jennifer · Married on 07/08/2007

Awesome service! We were very well taken care of here. The food was amazing, and the house itself is gorgeous. We definitely recommend Green Pastures!

Sent on 04/06/2008
  • O

Oona · Married on 07/11/1998

Green Pastures is an amazing place for a wedding and reception. My husband's grandmother had her reception here years ago and it continues to be a quaint, historical venue for a small, classy wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2007

We had our wedding at Green Pastures and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We were impressed with the value and the flexibility of the team, and were delighted that they could accommodate our modest, intimate vegetarian/vegan wedding painlessly. We worked with Kristi, who did such a wonderful job. She took us through each stage of planning, educating us about our options, and providing us with ideas and guidance when we weren't sure what we wanted. She helped us pin down a realistic budget, and we were so glad we didn't have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. We were originally scheduled for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, but at the last moment we moved indoors due to rain. It looked like we had planned on having the wedding indoors all along, and everything was absolutely beautiful! We received many compliments on the food and the beauty of the grounds, and are overall delighted with our experience. Plus, the cakes were DELICIOUS. And they even made special chicken-finger meals for a couple of the kiddos in attendance! The peacocks were very cooperative, the grounds lush, and the indoor setting elegant. This venue provided so many lovely options for photos. Kristi made sure that both me and the groom had time to eat food, and sent us away with ample cake and 2 dinners to go--perfect for our first, dazed dinner as husband and wife. Kristi kept everything running smoothly...all we had to do was eat, drink, and get married!

There were some VERY MINOR snags in what was otherwise a flawless experience--there was some minor family seating confusion due to the transition from outdoors to indoors, and a couple of the vegan/vegetarian meals may have been mis-served.

We would not change a thing about our special day, and love that we get to go back to Green Pastures every year to celebrate our anniversary.

Sent on 05/09/2015

The venue was beautiful and staff was amazing!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Alicia · Married on 09/26/2009

We booked Green Pastures after doing exhaustive research in the area for a wedding venue. I mean, very exhaustive research. And we are so pleased and happy that we ended up going with them! We know we made the right choice.

What initially drew us to Green Pastures as a venue was 1) the affordability and totality as a whole package (venue + food + drinks + ceremony space + chairs, tables, plates, etc. + service all from one place) 2) the option of bringing the wedding into the classically decorated indoors in the case of rain at no extra cost or expense and 3) it's comfortable homey atmosphere and beautiful gardens.

And the more we got into the planning process, the sweeter the deal got -- from the peacocks, to flexibility with decor and menu, to the delicious cakes. In the end we ended up with a perfect wedding day, thanks largely in part to Green Pastures and Tanya helping us set the stage and make sure everything turned out smoothly.

There's not much about the setting that can be said other than it was picture perfect. The grounds were gorgeous -- peacocks were strolling around during the ceremony creating great photo opportunities (but not anything distracting), everything was lush and green, and the main house was just so perfectly welcoming, warm, and homey. It felt just like were were at some big home celebration, and not in a hotel lobby or 'wedding factory'. There was a very personable and friendly feel to the place, and that just made our night. Everyone loved it! We kept on hearing how absolutely beautiful everything was, and a lot of the was just Green Pastures.

Our food was absolutely delicious! We had the carved roast beef and chicken with capers menu (with a few additions), passed h'or d'oeuvres, an open bar, and the italian cream cake for the bride's cake and the fat chocolate cake with espresso icing and mocha filling for the groom's cake. Everything was fantastic, and we did get 'honeymoon' to-go boxes of the h'or d'oeuvres and the cake, and we scarfed them down over the following days.

We were even able to special order two vegan meals for the maid of honor and one of our guests despite our meaty meal for everyone else! All of our guests raved about how good the food was (the groom's cake was the hands down favorite of the night), and my vegan friends not only said their food was absolutely delicious, but felt so welcomed and included to be able to actually have their own meals -- they're used to making it through weddings without much of a meal, if any, at all.

What turned out to be one of the best thing about Green Pastures was that all of the tables, chairs, linens, tableware, candelabras, gorgeous decor, gorgeous settings, employees, etc. were already there! It doesn't sound like a big deal, but having it all in one place and having to deal with one vendor about it it was sooo easy, and sooo worth it!

To explain a bit further, other venues we were looking at had affordable venue prices, but once you added in parking lots, catering, hourly per person staff charges, chairs, tables, plates, linens, set up, and clean up fees, you were up to your knees in fees or you're shaving off hours on either end with your family setting up and cleaning up everything to save some cash. Thankfully, such is not the case with Green Pastures! My parents have not stopped talking about how nice and relieving it was to just leave at the end of the night and not have to fuss with cleaning up or haggling with 5 different vendors about dirty dishes or missing linens (as it has happened at other weddings I've attended).

In all our wedding day turned out perfectly. There were a few communication bumps with Green Pastures along the way (rehearsal time, a wedding being booked in the morning a bit too close to the start of our set up time...) , and they did create their own fair share of anxiety. However, Tanya did work swiftly to smooth any bumps out, and was always amiable and willing to find a way to make things work for us. There was no trace of said bumps one the wedding weekend, and as I said, everything turned out perfectly.

In all, I feel we had a beautiful, stress free, worry free, drama free, delicious, gorgeous, welcoming and absolute blast of a wedding for a much smaller price tag than it seemed! It was a hit. : )

Sent on 12/15/2009